NeilYYZ
Topic Author

Anyone Else Watching Nascar In Richmond?

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:08 am

Just wondering if anyone else is glued to the TV set watching the final Race to the Chase tonight. Personally, I'm looking for my driver, Kasey Kahne, to have a good night, he's 30 points out of 10th going into tonight. Enjoy the race folks!

Oh, and yes, I know, F1 fans, feel free to say NASCAR is crap... I've heard it all before.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

ANCFlyer

RE: Anyone Else Watching Nascar In Richmond?

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:23 am

Nope, not at the moment - I have th VCR running though. No live TV in the office.

I'll watch it soon - I'll be off about 1800 AK time.

I just want Stewart to stay in the top ten - as he managed to handily mangle his primary ride in Practice  irked .

I wouldn't mind kahne getting into the top ten either.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

NeilYYZ
Topic Author

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:31 am

Well I'm posting any updates here then because I know how bad it is when you tape it and find out the results. But enjoy the race when you get off work. And I too hope Stewart makes it, hes always done well the past 3 times he's gone to a backup, so lets hope he does this time as well.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

ANCFlyer

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:36 am

I'm on NASCAR.com and checking the lap by lap. Stewart and Kahne (as of lap 88) are bouncing about the 10th and 11th spot . . . I like Kasey, but dangit - Stewart better beat him. LOL
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

halls120

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:38 am

Quoting NeilYYZ (Thread starter):
Just wondering if anyone else is glued to the TV set watching the final Race to the Chase tonight.

You're kidding, right? When Texas is playing Ohio State, the first in season match up of the #1 and #2 teams in the nation????
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

ANCFlyer

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:41 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 4):
When Texas is playing Ohio State, the first in season match up of the #1 and #2 teams in the nation????

It's only college football, it's not like it's a 'real' game  wink  duck 

halls120

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:44 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 5):
Quoting Halls120 (Reply 4):When Texas is playing Ohio State, the first in season match up of the #1 and #2 teams in the nation????
It's only college football, it's not like it's a 'real' game

Well, at least in college football, the rules are only changed during the off season. Unlike in NASCAR, where the rules are often changed mid season to "preserve" competition......  biggrin 
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

Go3Team

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:46 am

Oh, are they here in town again? I hadn't noticed. It's just not the same since...
Yay Pudding!

ANCFlyer

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:48 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 6):
Unlike in NASCAR, where the rules are often changed mid season to "preserve" competition......  biggrin 

white 

NeilYYZ
Topic Author

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:50 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 4):

You're kidding, right? When Texas is playing Ohio State, the first in season match up of the #1 and #2 teams in the nation????

Oh don't worry, that's on my other TV, this time of year I have 3 TV's set up in my room, right now the NASCAR TV has sound, mainly for Sundays, when the NFL, NASCAR and MLB Playoffs are on, but the Texas/Ohio game is good so far.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 3):
I'm on NASCAR.com and checking the lap by lap. Stewart and Kahne (as of lap 88) are bouncing about the 10th and 11th spot . . . I like Kasey, but dangit - Stewart better beat him. LOL

Well, they are bouncing about, but JG just complained of a break problem and seems to be dropping back, so hopefully, we'll both win, Kahne & Stewart in the chase, and Jeff, who I don't really care for particularily, out.

ANCFlyer

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:53 am

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 9):
and Jeff, who I don't really care for particularily, out.

Yeah, I hope Gordon doesn't make the Chase - just a little panty-waist pretty boy.

NeilYYZ
Topic Author

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:57 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 10):
Yeah, I hope Gordon doesn't make the Chase - just a little panty-waist pretty boy.

He's a love or hate guy, and I'm in the hate side. I'm hoping he dosen't make it either, and Stewart and Kahne have always got along well both on and off the track, and I've been caught in a #20 hat with a #9 jacket around town. I love Tony's attitude, balls out 100% of the time, and he races tough, Gordon has a fit if anyone bumps him, it's never his fault.

cptkrell

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:58 am

Thanks for the headsup. For some reason I was thinking that the race was tomorrow night *gotta clear me head* ...but anyhoo I'm pulling for Tony - oops, running 13th on lap 139 - as he's "my" guy (as well as other favorites Max Papas and Hornish, Jr.) in our IROC venue.

Bailing out now to catch a few laps before I catch some deserved Zzs. Reagrds...jack
all best; jack

srbmod

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:09 am

Sorry, I'm watching the UGA-South Carolina game..............

Duff44

Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:58 am

Chasers:
Matt Kenseth
Jimmie Johnson
Kevin Harvick
Kyle Busch
Denny Hamlin
Dale Earnhardt Jr
Mark Martin
Jeff Burton
Jeff Gordon
Kasey Kahne