halls120

Marion Barry In The News Again

Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:45 pm

Former DC Mayor Marion (Bi*ch set me up) Berry, the notorious cocaine user who was inexplicably elected to the DC council after his highly publicized run in with cocaine, has done it again.

Early Sunday morning, he was pulled over by police (Secret Service uniformed division) near the White House for running a red light. The officers smelled alcohol on his breath, and tried to administer a breathalyzer test, but the dial a deuce was broken. They asked Barry to submit to a blood test, which he refused to do, as is his right. He was apparently given tickets for running the red, and refusing to submit to the test.

What I want to know is why, in a city as big as DC, there wasn't another breathalyzer available. Secret Service only has one? They couldn't have asked for backup from the DC police?

Just remember what this illustrates - once more, the powerful skate in a situation where Joe Citizen would get his a*s reamed.

Remember that next time YOU get pulled over for a traffic violation.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

panaman

RE: Marion Barry In The News Again

Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:40 pm

Bitch set him up....
Sorry I moved from SXM, looking for a new house on Anguilla now!

United767

Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:20 pm

In response to your title, when is the former mayor not in the news?
I wish UA flew mainline to MYR, that way you wouldn't be stuck in a smelly Saturn for 12 hours.

Newark777

Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:22 pm

Quoting Halls120 (Thread starter):
which he refused to do, as is his right

He was apparently given tickets for running the red, and refusing to submit to the test.

So it's his right to refuse the test, but he still gets a ticket for it? That doesn't make much sense.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

AirCop

Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:36 pm

The officers smelled alcohol on his breath, and tried to administer a breathalyzer test, but the dial a deuce was broken. They asked Barry to submit to a blood test, which he refused to do, as is his right. He was apparently given tickets for running the red, and refusing to submit to the test.

Excuse me this is big time stupid..One doesn't give a traffic citation to a driver that they suspect was under the influence. What happens later if Mr. Barry got into an accident and seriously injured or killed someone? How many zeros will be on that check?