Stretch 8
Topic Author

Tigers In The Tank

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:07 pm

Okay, I admit it: the Tigers are running out of gas in the A.L. Central race. The Twins are on a roll, with the White Sox not far behind. Worse, the Tigers have let slip to the Yanks the best overalll league record, ensuring home-field advantage in the playoffs.

The problem? No hitting. The only lumber these guys can muster at the moment is morning wood. But on the plus side, a .500 run the rest of the way will give them 95 wins, probably good enough for the post-season. If we can get Polanco back from the DL, and others stop swinging at bad pitches with men on base, we can work it out. I hope.
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

AirCop

RE: Tigers In The Tank

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:17 pm

This is become to look like the biggest diaster since the 1993 Giants. In July there was a thread on the Tigers. At that time I stated that Rodgers would far apart in the second half like he always done. Didn't happen, the pitching has continued to be great. I also wrote if they activated D. Young their would be a problem They did and there was, so finally he is gone. The Tigers had the opportunity to pick up Craig Counsell from the Diamondbacks, instead of N. Perez, that was a huge mistake. Counsell is the professional that does everything the right way, and has been through the wars before in 1997 and 2001. Sean Casey is the not the impact player the Tigers management claimed he was. Poor hitting, Poor managment decisions, hopefully the hitting will come around before they find themselves watching the post season instead of playing in it.

KROC

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:25 pm

Stretch - I anticipate your "Tigers Collapse" thread in about 2 weeks.  Wink

I must admit, I'm surprised by the Tigers slump. Jimmy Leyland is a solid manager who has been here before and I figured he would be able to keep the Tigers on the straight and narrow even through a slump. I'm not giving J-Ley all the blame though because he cannot help everyone going in the tank at the same time. As mentioned, its amazing that The Roaster hasn't done his usual post allstar game collapse and has been not only giving the Tigers great pitching but great leadership as well. I think the Tigers can still make the playoffs either as the division winner or the Wild Card (The White Sox implosion can't be that far off), but they better get squared away if they want to have an impact on the playoffs and not get swept out.

AirCop

Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:47 am

Well they do have the Rangers starting tonight in Motown, so its the perfect time to get the bats back in shape.

AirCop

Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:59 am

9/12: Tigers just won, walk off HR in bottom of the 9th. Just maybe the magic is back for the rest of the season.

Stretch 8
Topic Author

Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:32 pm

I sure hope so. Three outield assists by Monroe, plus the walk-off by Guillen, made for a huge win.

Go get-em Tigers!
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

KROC

Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:19 pm

So much for that magic. Perhaps they should call David Copperfield and see what he's doing...