102IAHexpress
Topic Author

Nirvana's Nevermind Album

Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:24 pm

It’s been 15 years since Nevermind. IMO probably the most overrated album from the most overrated band of the last 20 years, but I’m curious what were you guys doing when this album came out? Did you own it on Tape or CD?

Thom@s

Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:27 pm

Never actually owned the album, but have it in mp3. Many great classics on there.

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

Kieron747

Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:31 pm

Quoting 102IAHexpress (Thread starter):
It’s been 15 years since Nevermind. IMO probably the most overrated album from the most overrated band of the last 20 years,

At last, someone else agrees with me. I always thought Nirvana were shit. It used to annoy me how everyone at my college used to listen to it, all covered in zits with floppy hair and trench coats with badges attached. JUST SOD OFF!

Did you own it on Tape or CD?

Never owned it, never will. Have heard it though, and to be honest, would rather listen to a motorway.

Wink

Kieron747
Airliners.Net - The Jam Rag Of The Web.

102IAHexpress
Topic Author

Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:55 pm

Quoting Kieron747 (Reply 2):
I always thought Nirvana were shit. It used to annoy me how everyone at my college used to listen to it, all covered in zits with floppy hair and trench coats with badges attached. JUST SOD OFF!

LOL...You’re a bit harsh on Nirvana, although you’re right about the trench coats with badges.

All in all, I like the album and I think it’s a good album.
But it’s not a great album, it does not transcend time like a great album should, and IMO their sophomore album was very similar to their freshman album, so I never understood why Bleach is not considered the defining album of generation X.

don81603

RE: Nirvana's Nevermind Album

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:19 am

I owned it on tape and CD. Wasn't a bad album, but not that great either. Was just another album in the collection.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

bushpilot

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:32 am

I think what everyone is overlooking here is what the album represents, and that is a transition. Prior to it, the rock music on the commercial scene was full of make up wearing, tights wearing, ballad singing primadonnas. It isnt my favorite Nirvana album, Incesticide is. But Nevermind legitimized to the commercial scene the "grundge" movement. Without this album Pearl Jam nor any notable bands of the 90s would have been around.

copaair737

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:25 am

In Utero was Nirvana's best album. Nevermind was OK, but I think that In Utero was the best...it was more raw and dark than Nevermind.

-Copa
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

aa61hvy

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:44 am

Nevermind was my first CD I ever bought ('92 I think) along with Smashing Pumpkins 'Siamese Dream.' It's a good CD. Overrated? I think Smells Like Teen Spirit is an overrated song, but the CD itself is not overrated. Lithium is a great song.
Go big or go home

Newark777

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:48 am

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 5):
I think what everyone is overlooking here is what the album represents, and that is a transition.

That's true, but everyone gives Kurt Cobain way too much credit than he deserves. If he hadn't shot himself people wouldn't think so highly of him. It's the JFK effect.

When you are more well know for your death than your music, there's something wrong.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

vikkyvik

Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:46 pm

I owned Nevermind on CD. Was one of the first CD's I ever owned.

While I don't think Nirvana was particularly great talent-wise, one cannot deny their influence that helped shape the 90s, and helped breed current trends in music (for better or for worse).

What also shouldn't be overloooked is that if you're just starting out on guitar, as I was in the mid nineties, Nirvana was a great band with which to start out. The songs aren't too hard, but they can still rock.

Quoting 102IAHexpress (Reply 3):
But it’s not a great album, it does not transcend time like a great album should, and IMO their sophomore album was very similar to their freshman album, so I never understood why Bleach is not considered the defining album of generation X.

Well, I'd have to say that it DOES in fact transcend time due specifically to its influence. Not for any virtuostic playing or anything, though.

I think what everyone is overlooking here is what the album represents, and that is a transition. Prior to it, the rock music on the commercial scene was full of make up wearing, tights wearing, ballad singing primadonnas. It isnt my favorite Nirvana album, Incesticide is. But Nevermind legitimized to the commercial scene the "grundge" movement. Without this album Pearl Jam nor any notable bands of the 90s would have been around.

Indeed. Nirvana sort of took what Guns n Roses started (raw rock music) and brought it even further "down" while also simplifying it. GnR still had some glam aspects, and obviously were good at their instruments, but they were by no means a polished glam band.

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 6):
In Utero was Nirvana's best album. Nevermind was OK, but I think that In Utero was the best...it was more raw and dark than Nevermind.

Worth noting that In Utero was also the album that actually came closest to living up to Cobain's expectations in terms of songs and especially production and sound. He thought Nevermind's production was too polished. In Utero maintained a much rawer sound.

~Vik
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

bushpilot

Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:19 pm

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 8):
That's true, but everyone gives Kurt Cobain way too much credit than he deserves. If he hadn't shot himself people wouldn't think so highly of him. It's the JFK effect.

When you are more well know for your death than your music, there's something wrong.

I dont mean any disrespect, but by your profile it says 16-20, so I think if you would have been old enough to pay attention to music at that point, you would realise that Cobain was a rock star already and it was not his death that brought his name into the news, it was already there.

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 7):
I think Smells Like Teen Spirit is an overrated song, but the CD itself is not overrated. Lithium is a great song.

I agree, there are some other great tracks on the album, Lithium is a favorite, but I also like on a plain, breed, and of course come as you are. Nirvana rocks, I was a big fan before Kurts death, I was crushed when I heard the news, although it is not my favorite Nirvana album, it is a good one.

LHMark

Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:39 pm

I liked the album, but to me it was nothing groundbreaking. Dave Grohl himself said he thought "Smells like Teen Spirit" was a total Pixies ripoff.

In a way, it's the album that ruined alternative music, being thrust from the bargain bin into the mainstream and generating a flurry of signings and marketing binges on the part of the record labels.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

mainMAN

Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:45 pm

Slagging off music is a bit puerile IMO.

I've got a CD (in 1990/1 people didn't really buy tapes). I saw Nirvana at Bradford University in the UK, and it was excellent.

deltagator

Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:48 pm

It’s been 15 years since Nevermind.

And 15 years since you were between the ages of 6 and 10 according to your profile. I love folks that trash music they weren't listening to when it was out at first.  sarcastic 

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 8):
everyone gives Kurt Cobain way too much credit than he deserves. If he hadn't shot himself people wouldn't think so highly of him.

Perhaps, but what I think would have happened would be that Nirvana would be seen as a bit of a joke trying to hold onto the grunge scene while other bands, Pearl Jam being one, evolved into something else.

Quoting LHMARK (Reply 11):
In a way, it's the album that ruined alternative music, being thrust from the bargain bin into the mainstream and generating a flurry of signings and marketing binges

And responsible for the crap that passes as music today. Damn you Kurt Cbain for causing Limp Biskit to be unleashed on the world!

Quoting LHMARK (Reply 11):
I liked the album, but to me it was nothing groundbreaking. Dave Grohl himself said he thought "Smells like Teen Spirit" was a total Pixies ripoff.

So true. The Pixies kicked ass many years before Nirvana got out of short pants.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

Rj111

Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:07 pm

NIRVANA ARE ONLY OVERRATED BY 12-YEAR OLDS!!!

People like me think they were a fairly decent band - not there best band ever, not the worst - regardless of whether he's dead or alive today. And that's a fair rating i believe. Cobain wasn't a great technical musician, but he was naturally a very good songwriter.

Don't let a bunch of 12-year olds effect your opinion.

Thom@s

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:05 pm

Every time I see a skater type guy with a Nirvana shirt or sweater with the yellow smiley-face on (there are at least 700 of them in the Newcastle area) I feel like ripping their arm of and beating them over the head with it...

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

bill142

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:09 pm

I never really got into nirvana. I suppose I was a bit young, and they were the emo band of the 90's. It was a bit early for me to be emo I suppose.

aa61hvy

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:44 pm

This question arises:

Would Nirvana be as big as they are if Kurt was still around? Or did his death really increase popularity and put him with the ranks of Joplin, Morrison, and Hendrix?
Go big or go home

vikkyvik

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:51 pm

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 17):
Would Nirvana be as big as they are if Kurt was still around? Or did his death really increase popularity and put him with the ranks of Joplin, Morrison, and Hendrix?

Incidentally, all four of them died at the age of 27.

Nirvana's musical influence was already profound by the time Cobain died, and Seattle had already produced some huge sellers (Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains).

Also, Dave Grohl still being around with the Foo Fighters helps I'm sure. I don't think there's anyone who knows the Foo Fighters who doesn't know that Grohl was Nirvana's drummer.

~Vik
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

aa61hvy

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:54 pm

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 18):

Also, Dave Grohl still being around with the Foo Fighters helps I'm sure. I don't think there's anyone who knows the Foo Fighters who doesn't know that Grohl was Nirvana's drummer

This is true. Grohl is really something else. He has to be one of the most talented musicians on any instrument out there.

Kris Novesellic (spelling?) hasn't done much from what I hear. Isn't he involved with PETA or WWF or something like that?
Go big or go home

vikkyvik

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:02 pm

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 19):
This is true. Grohl is really something else. He has to be one of the most talented musicians on any instrument out there.

Funny enough, I'm not a big fan of Grohl on drums or guitar. While he might be supremely talented on either/or, I don't think he's ever really shown it in any recorded work.

Then again, I don't know the Foo Fighters' whole body of work.

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 19):
Kris Novesellic (spelling?) hasn't done much from what I hear. Isn't he involved with PETA or WWF or something like that?

I remember reading an article in a Guitar World (or something) a few years back that he had started another band...something more country-ish if memory serves. Aside from that, I don't know what he's been up to. He actually had some reasonably creative bass lines in Nirvana (about as creative as you can be within that band's framework).

~Vik

aa61hvy

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:07 pm

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 20):
I don't know what he's been up to. He actually had some reasonably creative bass lines in Nirvana (about as creative as you can be within that band's framework).

Like Michael Anthony from Van Halen...Two different sounding notes for every song  Wink
Go big or go home

vikkyvik

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:12 pm

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 21):
Like Michael Anthony from Van Halen...Two different sounding notes for every song

rotfl 

Hey, really simple playing can work wonders when done well. Reference Phil Rudd (drums) and Cliff Williams (bass) from ACDC - one of my favorite rhythm sections. Was blasting Back In Black on the way to work this morning - those songs groove, and yet there are so few extraneous notes played!

You know, I think what really bugs me about Grohl is when he tries to scream - he just sounds like a pussy  Smile

deltagator

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:12 pm

Would Nirvana be as big as they are if Kurt was still around?

NO. I doubt they would be around even if he was still alive. The demons he was facing with drugs, booze, and popularity (boo frickin' hoo) would have ripped the band apart eventually. Whole he was the face and voice of Nirvana I think you would have seen Grohl trying to get some of his stuff heard thus causing a bit of a riff among them. Of course we'll never know now that he went and blew his brains out like a selfish pussy.

Or did his death really increase popularity and put him with the ranks of Joplin, Morrison, and Hendrix?

While he had an influence on the current music scene I wouldn't put him in the same group of Morrison or Hendrix. Joplin to me was a debateable singer and not worthy of the same feelings as the other two.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

desertjets

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:14 pm

Musically I think the early 90s were an interesting time. Genres that were previously underground, stormed into the suburbs; grunge rock (or more broadly alternative rock) and gangsta rap. You get white suburban kids listening to Kurt Cobain and Snoop Dogg, and sell shit loads of records.

While Nirvana was a game changer I still think Pearl Jam is the better band and has (obviously) been able to continue to do their thing to this day. But I would not go as far as saying Nirvana was overrated. Part of their success is that the record industry saw them as a marketable commodity. I am sure there were plenty of grunge, for the lack of a better word, bands in Seattle and elsewhere that were better by any measure, but they wouldn't have had the mass appeal that Nirvana had.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

don81603

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:20 pm

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 22):
Reference Phil Rudd (drums) and Cliff Williams (bass) from ACDC - one of my favorite rhythm sections.

I'll second that. Both are extremely talented (shown on a few selected tracks from AC/DC. Inject the Venom for Phil, and Love Hungery Man and Sin City for Cliff, and from prior works), but the KISS philosophy (Keep It Simple, Stupid) works best in AC/DC. They lay down a rock solid base for Angus to go off on a tangent, which he does perfectly. The end result is an excellent sound track for Brian to lay down his trademark growling vocals.

According to their website, they are in the studio, working on a new album.

http://www.ac-dc.net/
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

aa61hvy

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:28 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 23):
and popularity

Though I did see an interveiw with him saying he never wanted to become famous etc. But then again he may have been trying to play a part of the 'misunderstood' guy. If I was around Courtney Love enough I'd try to kill myself too..

Quoting DesertJets (Reply 24):
Pearl Jam is the better band and has

I thought Pearl Jam was great with 'Ten' one of the best records out there. After Vitology, I thought they went downhill and never really found their sound again.
Go big or go home

Chugach

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:51 pm

You just nailed it. Nevermind, while still a great album, is far from being The Wall by Pink Floyd, or anything similar to that. What Nevermind did is, basically, save rock music. Without Nirvana, other bands like Pearl Jam, Sound Garden, Smashing Pumpkins, and probably even the Chili Peppers would never have been as big as they were. That is why Nevermind will always be considered a classic album.

And I also agree that anybody who doesn't think Cobain was a celebrity when he died wasn't paying much attention to music at that point in time.
GO ROCKETS

aa61hvy

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:53 pm

Quoting Chugach (Reply 27):
Chili Peppers would never have been as big as they were

I don't know about that one. The RHCP were in the SoCal funk/rock wave and were far from grunge. To the average music listener Nirvana and the Peppers would be lumped together. I just wish the Peppers went back to their old sound...
Go big or go home

rolfen

Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:34 am

It was revolutionnary at the time and it's still unique.
You have to remember what the music scene was back then  Smile
rolf

F9Animal

Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:43 am

It’s been 15 years since Nevermind. IMO probably the most overrated album from the most overrated band of the last 20 years, but I’m curious what were you guys doing when this album came out? Did you own it on Tape or CD?

I could not stand Nirvana when I lived in Vegas. When I moved to Seattle (after Cobains death), I became a fan. Not sure if it is the rain, or just a band that had talent. I like the music, and I give the album two thumbs up.
I Am A Different Animal!!

102IAHexpress
Topic Author

Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:01 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 13):
And 15 years since you were between the ages of 6 and 10 according to your profile. I love folks that trash music they weren't listening to when it was out at first

WTF?
Where in any of my posts am I trashing Nirvana? For your information I had the album when it first came out, actually maybe even before it came out. My father has worked in the Houston media for years, and at the time he was with a radio station and every week he would bring home among other things albums and other promotional music.

N1120A

Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:14 am

IMO probably the most overrated album from the most overrated band of the last 20 years

Quoting 102IAHexpress (Reply 31):
Where in any of my posts am I trashing Nirvana?

Um, I think you answered your own question.

Did you own it on Tape or CD?

Both

Nirvana is one of the seminal bands in music history and their range as well as influence cannot be overlooked. I have always had them in my top three, along with The Doors and REM
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

NorthstarBoy

Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:21 am

when it comes to music, i have a category of favorite songs called "songs i can listen to 15 times in a row" Come as you are is in that category, as is Lithium, but most of the rest of Nirvana's stuff i can take or leave, it's just way too dark for my personal taste. i never had the kind of dark brooding adolesence that Cobain sings about in his music, so i really was never a fan per se. If you read the book Heavier then Heaven, you realize how far Kurt Cobain came in his very short life, going from a completely Sh*tty childhood to nothing less than a global superstar. At a time when most other people his age we were worrying about things like going to college, getting jobs, getting started in life, Kurt was on stage playing in front of sometimes tens of thousands of people, traveling all over the world and making music that i do believe will stand the test of time. that is something, that is a real accomplishment in my opinion, and when you realize how young he was at the time, it's even more of an accomplishment.
Yes, I'd like to see airbus go under so Boeing can have their customers!

LHMark

Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:33 am

Quoting NorthstarBoy (Reply 33):
At a time when most other people his age we were worrying about things like going to college, getting jobs, getting started in life, Kurt was on stage playing in front of sometimes tens of thousands of people, traveling all over the world and making music that i do believe will stand the test of time. that is something, that is a real accomplishment in my opinion, and when you realize how young he was at the time, it's even more of an accomplishment.

But that didn't happen in a vacuum. When Nevermind was first released, it was all but ignored and dumped in the $5.99 bin. That's how far talent and vision got Kurt. It took a record label willing to dump millions, a publicity machine, and the cooperation of MTV to make the album, and hence grunge, what it became.

Sorry, but Nirvana was as much a product of the marketing machine as anything today. To their credit, they wrote their own songs and played their own instruments.

Right now, there are thousands of bands with the same ability, talent, and hopeful desire that will never get a listen, not even in their own small towns, because people only buy what big money tells them to. (No, AA61hvy, I'm not talking about any project I was ever involved in  Smile )
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

102IAHexpress
Topic Author

Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:35 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 32):
Um, I think you answered your own question.

Um, I said I liked the album, and I said I think it’s a good album.
Reading comprehension, maybe you’ll learn it one day?

N1120A

Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:40 am

It’s been 15 years since Nevermind. IMO probably the most overrated album from the most overrated band of the last 20 years, but I’m curious what were you guys doing when this album came out?

Quoting 102IAHexpress (Reply 35):
Um, I said I liked the album, and I said I think it’s a good album.
Reading comprehension, maybe you’ll learn it one day?

I comprehend what you wrote just fine. Just because you got caught being two faced doesn't mean you now resort to insults.

102IAHexpress
Topic Author

Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:50 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 36):
I comprehend what you wrote just fine. Just because you got caught being two faced doesn't mean you now resort to insults.

What insults?
I said I liked the album, but at the same time I also think it’s not the greatest most influential album ever as some would claim, how is that being two faced?
Again, read all of my posts then try to comprehend what you just read.

N1120A

Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:52 am

Quoting 102IAHexpress (Reply 37):
What insults?

Describing something or someone (in this case, both) as overrated is an insult, no matter how you decided to modify it later.

fumanchewd

Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:58 am

Nirvana was ok.

The Nirvana MTV Unplugged album is AWESOME.
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

102IAHexpress
Topic Author

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:00 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 38):
Describing something or someone (in this case, both) as overrated is an insult, no matter how you decided to modify it later.

So by calling Nirvana and Nevermind overrated, I treated them with gross insensitivity, insolence, or contemptuous rudeness?

I think after you figure out reading comprehension, you can also figure out the definition of insult.

IFEMaster

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:05 am

did his death really increase popularity and put him with the ranks of Joplin, Morrison, and Hendrix?

This is an interesting question. Joplin's status is sometimes questionable, Hendrix without a doubt deserves to be up there as one of the direction-changers of the music industry, but I would question Morrison's status heavily - would HE have been remembered if he didn't die? The Doors were not anything special or notable for their time, and were also not particularly great musicians. The fact remains that there is a legacy left by all of the above and more that all contribute to the history of music; that's something we should be thankful for.

Personally, I was a Nirvana fan. I was 14 when Nevermind hit the shelves and I would listen to it over and over and over. The Unplugged album was the highlight for me - there really is some complex arrangement going on with some of the numbers, especially where the strings are involved, and Pat Smear's work filled out the sound. I saw them at the Reading Festival in '91, and thought they were amazing. Not for their production or ability, but for their energy and focus.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 23):
you would have seen Grohl trying to get some of his stuff heard thus causing a bit of a riff among them

It had already started to happen by the time In Utero came out. He had a B-Side on the Heart Shaped Box single called 'Marigold'. Actually a very decent song. I read around that time (I think it was in NME or Melody Maker or something) that Kurt had actually invited Dave to have that song on the single as he had run out of ideas for songs, or something like that.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

deltagator

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:09 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 41):
but I would question Morrison's status heavily - would HE have been remembered if he didn't die? The

Interesting question to be pondered. He was well on his way to being the early "Fat Elvis" at that point. Perhaps he would have become a little bit of a laughing stock or an angry hippie blowhard or gone on to greater things. Unfortunately we will never know now.

N1120A

Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:15 am

Quoting 102IAHexpress (Reply 40):
I think after you figure out reading comprehension, you can also figure out the definition of insult.

I think those comments just about fit them.

Quoting 102IAHexpress (Reply 40):
So by calling Nirvana and Nevermind overrated, I treated them with gross insensitivity, insolence, or contemptuous rudeness?

Yes, the comment was insolent.

Chugach

Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:45 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 41):
This is an interesting question. Joplin's status is sometimes questionable, Hendrix without a doubt deserves to be up there as one of the direction-changers of the music industry, but I would question Morrison's status heavily - would HE have been remembered if he didn't die? The Doors were not anything special or notable for their time, and were also not particularly great musicians. The fact remains that there is a legacy left by all of the above and more that all contribute to the history of music; that's something we should be thankful for.

I think Cobain and Nirvana would still be remembered if he were still alive. Reason being is that the band had a huge effect on rock music at that time. Mose people who were in at least junior/high school in the early 90's remember the first time they heard "Smells Like Teen Spirit". I would say the same thing about Hendrix. I think Joplin and Morrison are questionable, personally. Talented musicians, yes, but just how groundbreaking were they?

However, I think the likelihood of Nirvana existing into the mid to late 90's, if Cobain had been alive, was slim to none. I've read a few interviews of his where he was quoted to that effect.

When "You Know You're Right" came out a few years ago, I remember the DJ in Fairbanks saying that he felt like it was 1991-94 again because Nirvana had the best new single on the radio.
GO ROCKETS

N1120A

Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:15 am

Quoting Chugach (Reply 44):
I think Joplin and Morrison are questionable, personally. Talented musicians, yes, but just how groundbreaking were they?

Jim and The Doors brought blues back into popular music and perfectly blended it with a strong rock undertone. Jim's voice and delivery brought forth the amazing blend of musical talent in the band, particularly Krieger and Densmore. What was truly groundbreaking about the band is that they strayed from the more formulaic styles of the time and did something completely independent of that.

rootsair

Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:20 am

First time I heard about the album was when a girl told me "Have you bought nirvana's CD with the circumcised baby"

I'll always remeber that comment !
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots