c) Walking around a migrant/ethnic area in Europe

This is a serious question.
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

StuckInCA

RE: What's More Dangerous?

Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:35 pm

Quoting Derico (Thread starter):
Attending high-school in North America

Just like b) and c) probably do, this one varies quite a lot. In the town I live in, the only danger at the high school is probably paper cuts or a stubbed toe. Some inner city high schools are pretty sketchy though.

ryangooner

Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:37 pm

I would say "none of the above"

However walking across a busy road without looking would involve danger!

Ryan
ooh to ooh to be ooh to be a gooner!

aerobalance

Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:42 pm

b) Going to a football (soccer) game in South America

No cover from the batteries
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

BMIFlyer

Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:47 pm

Definately  Sad

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Derico
Topic Author

Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:56 pm

Quoting Aerobalance (Reply 3):
No cover from the batteries

Point taken. Or the glass bottles.

carmenlu15

Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:25 am

I enjoy watching football, but stadiums scare the living hell out of me.
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

falstaff

Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:58 am

) Attending high-school in North America

Depends on where you go. Most schools are great. Some urban schools, like where I teach, can get rough. But mostly the violence is "business" related, it is not random. If you keep your mouth shut and stay away from drugs and other peoples girl/boy friends you will be ok.

Never done it, but I have heard it can be fun!

Never done that either, but in the US it is no picnic. I went to a strip bar earlier this year in Detroit (Michigan & Wyoming) that I was one of the few English as a first language types. We were padded down for weapons before entering. Beer was cheap! I doubt I would go back.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

Thom@s

Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:26 am

In Norway, no problem...

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

PlymSpotter

Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:46 am

For me this would scare me the most, but this is because I have never been to one before and do not know enough of the language to interact with the other fans and know whats going on.

This though is probably the most dangerous, here in the UK at least, although it can be extended to all areas with a high leval of social depravation (the two are often linked). I've been shot at with an air rifle and had racist (anti-white) abuse yelled at me just walking down the street in some areas of Birmingham, which is well known for its high level of gang violence.

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

Derico
Topic Author

Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:31 am

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 7):
Depends on where you go. Most schools are great. Some urban schools, like where I teach, can get rough. But mostly the violence is "business" related, it is not random. If you keep your mouth shut and stay away from drugs and other peoples girl/boy friends you will be ok.

Hmmm, that's true anywhere granted. But there was just another school shooting, if I heard correctly, somewhere in the middle US (from the map they showed), nearer to Canada. From what I know that is not exactly and urban area, and in fact many of the school shootings happen in rather small towns, to not say 'white' towns.

I don't know, but it seems to me that this last two weeks alone there have been about a dozen shootings. I guess what surprises me is that nothing is done about it (at least in tongue and cheek). I mean, where is the outrage that KIDS are being killed where they are supposed to learn?

In my opinion that is more serious than the famed violence in South American stadiums that is so pointed out here at A.net, and deservedly so I might add.

lowrider

Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:55 am

Quoting Derico (Reply 10):
But there was just another school shooting, if I heard correctly, somewhere in the middle US (from the map they showed), nearer to Canada

If you are refering to the one near Denver, then yes it is a small town. However, the shooter was not a student, but an adult with questionable mental stability. It could have just as easily taken place at a restaurant or a university.

I guess what surprises me is that nothing is done about it (at least in tongue and cheek). I mean, where is the outrage that KIDS are being killed where they are supposed to learn?

Nothing useful is being done because kids are such a sensitive issue, legally and politically. No matter what you do, you are going to step on someone's toes. The fact is, there is no safe place in the world. These sorts of things can and do happen to anyone, in any place.
Proud OOTSK member

MDorBust

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:00 am

I don't know, but it seems to me that this last two weeks alone there have been about a dozen shootings.

Overstating the issue just a bit are we?
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

Newark777

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:00 am

Quoting Lowrider (Reply 11):

If you are refering to the one near Denver, then yes it is a small town. However, the shooter was not a student, but an adult with questionable mental stability. It could have just as easily taken place at a restaurant or a university.

No, there was another one today in Wisconsin, where some freshman shot his principle.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060929/...;_ylu=X3oDMTA3OTB1amhuBHNlYwNtdHM-

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?