OzarkD9S
Topic Author

Foley Resigns, Bad News For The GOP

Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:41 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060929/...;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

This House seat was considered "safe" for the GOP...now it's in play. As someone who desperately wants to see at least one House of Congress sway Democratic to help keep the Bush regime in check I must say it's good news.
Next up: STL-OAK-RNO-LAS-ICT-STL

jcs17

RE: Foley Resigns, Bad News For The GOP

Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:46 am

Jesus Christ. Why are pervert politicians so fucking stupid? No, I won't defend this guy for a second.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

ltbewr

Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:52 am

The worse part is that he has admitted to the behaevor with the page. Page scandals are nothing new. He is correct to immediatly resign, even if he was a Democrat. I don't know if the state of Florida, with a majority of Republicans can appoint a replacement Congressmember for the rest of this guy's term and have them run in November.

OzarkD9S
Topic Author

Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:02 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 2):

He is correct to immediatly resign, even if he was a Democrat.

Foley was a Republican, not that it matters...a sleaze is a sleaze is a sleaze. MOST states allow the governor (in this case a Republican) to appoint a replacement until the next election cycle, which in this case is about what? 7 weeks?

The fact that the seat was in a GOP district considered "safe" this election might be a factor come election time...for those voters who are undecided.

AirCop

Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:10 am

The worse part is that he has admitted to the behaevor with the page.

Actually, it good that he took responsiblity and stepping aside, no like others (Ney) that claimed they did nothing wrong and then pled guility.

Quoting OzarkD9S (Reply 3):
o appoint a replacement until the next election cycle, which in this case is about what? 7 weeks?

Actually the appointed person would hold the seat until the new congress in Jan 07.

OzarkD9S
Topic Author

Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:16 am

Quoting AirCop (Reply 4):

Actually the appointed person would hold the seat until the new congress in Jan 07.

Correct...so whoever is appointed will be a lame duck, but still on the GOP side of the aisle for 3 more months. (Not counting those weeks when Congress is not in session, given the election and the Holidays won't be much time in either case).

AirCop

Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:18 am

Quoting OzarkD9S (Reply 5):
(Not counting those weeks when Congress is not in session, given the election and the Holidays won't be much time in either case).

And as much really been done in this congress to begin with, why change now?

Falcon84

Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:20 am

"Mr. Foley....you involved yourself in things that were none of your affair. That was a mistake!"

Signed,

Maxwell Dent
Work Right, Fly Hard

deltagator

Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:23 am

I don't know if the state of Florida, with a majority of Republicans can appoint a replacement Congressmember for the rest of this guy's term and have them run in November.

From what I remember or my time in Florida politics it is too late to put a new candidate on the ballot so any lame duck replacement by Jeb Bush would have to be a write in candidate.

Not good for the GOP at all given that was a safe seat. Why can't these retards keep the junk in their pants? I know it is all over emails but still...find someone 18 for crying out loud.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

AirCop

Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:25 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 8):

Not good for the GOP at all given that was a safe seat. Why can't these retards keep the junk in their pants?

Not limited to the GOP, see Barney Frank.

TedTAce

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:07 am

Quoting JCS17 (Reply 1):
Why are pervert politicians so fucking stupid?

Because the power they weild makes them seem like they are impervious to the will of the American public. Don't forget the money grubing bastards like Delay and whoever else took an illegal PAC trip.

The problem I have is that these guys are so stupid they don't know how to learn from the people who are caught before them and act like the professionals they were elected to be.

Quoting OzarkD9S (Reply 3):
a sleaze is a sleaze is a sleaze

checkmark  I don't care what side of the isle you are on, if you are abusing our trust, you deserve to get reamed 7 ways to Sunday. Ok I get a perverse delight when a conservative goes.... down. But trust me I won't cry, defend, or otherwise support anyone who is getting their comeuppance.

Quoting AirCop (Reply 9):
Barney Frank.

redflag 
Barney Frank doesn't 'pretend' to be straight, and what ever affairs he is engaged in are not of a public nature with subordinates or minors. Nice try, but you just outed yourself as a conservative homophobe, congratulations!!
This space intentionally left blank

andessmf

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:12 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 10):
The problem I have is that these guys are so stupid they don't know how to learn from the people who are caught before them and act like the professionals they were elected to be.

I know, is even worse when you should know that people WILL eventually find your weaknesses, after all, he was a PUBLIC official.

I don't care what side of the isle you are on, if you are abusing our trust, you deserve to get reamed 7 ways to Sunday

Does Aerowesty have standards?  biggrin 

Barney Frank doesn't 'pretend' to be straight, and what ever affairs he is engaged in are not of a public nature with subordinates or minors.

checkmark 

TedTAce

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:21 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 11):
Does Aerowesty have standards?

He must have, after all; he hasn't hit on me....  duck 

cptkrell

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:24 am

So what's the big deal?

That the page was 16 yrs old (16 is age of consent in many locales)?

That the page was a male (that's commonly accepted, or at least defended, as an alternative lifestyle)?

That he was cheating on his wife (yet another almost heralded lifestyle)?

That he didn't understand what the meaning of "is" is (a much-supported and defended defense)?

No, I wouldn't personally do it or even condone it, but again, WTF is the big deal? Who the hell are we to expect any moral code from our "leaders"? Regards...jack
all best; jack

EWRCabincrew

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:47 am

Quoting Cptkrell (Reply 13):
That the page was a male (that's commonly accepted, or at least defended, as an alternative lifestyle)?

And if the page were female? Where is the logic there? Underage is underage. Jailbait is jailbait. All this and from the guy who helped press through laws concerning child poronography laws.

Nice leadership role model. Just like the guy who head the Defense of Marriage Act, Sen. Bob Barr, and his three marriages.

The reason Foley said he was sorry and he apologised was because he got caught. Nothing less.
You can't cure stupid

luv2fly

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:48 am

Quoting OzarkD9S (Thread starter):
I must say it's good news.

For all the pages it is good news.
You can cut the irony with a knife

bushpilot

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:50 am

I believe it was Huey Long who said "the only thing that could remove him from office was being caught in bed with a dead woman or a live boy."

I believe his name cannot be removed from the ballot in FLA at this point, The GOP is working on a replacement for him, any votes Foley gets will be counted for the replacement. But I think the GOP can write this one off, if this counts for the DNC then they only need 14 more to take back the house.

texdravid

Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:01 am

I am shocked and stunned by this news. This is a horrible charge and I hope the law brings all it can bear against this sleazy, immoral idiot.

The fact that he was the founder of the missing and exploited children's caucus. I haven't witnessed anything more hypocritical in politics ever!!

On a political level, this definitely tilts the House to the Democrats. Welcome to Speaker Pelosi.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

OzarkD9S
Topic Author

Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:02 am

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 15):

For all the pages it is good news.

I meant for the Dems...but you're correct too.

AirCop

Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:16 am

arney Frank doesn't 'pretend'rnto be straight, and what ever affairs he is engaged in are not of arnpublic nature with subordinates or minors. Nice try, but you just outedrnyourself as a conservative homophobe, congratulations!!

Sorry, Ted I'm not a conservative homophobe as you state. I actually believe that gay people should be able to marry if that what they wish, and that they should have the same decent human rights as the rest of us. And besides I have put my money where my mouth is, and donated to fight the anti-gay marriage, insurance ballot measure here in Arizona.
As to Barney Frank I was referring to in 1990, the House voted to reprimand Frank when it was revealed that Steve Gobie was running a prostitution business from Frank's apartment. Frank had dismissed Gobie earlier that year after learning of Gobie's activities.

Gilligan

Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:33 am

Don't forget the money grubing bastards like Delay and whoever else took an illegal PAC trip.

Or Dan Rostenkowsky or James Trafficant or........the list is long and not confined to Republicans.

That the page was 16 yrs old (16 is age of consent in many locales)?

Sure about that? Is that in D.C.?

That he was cheating on his wife (yet another almost heralded lifestyle)?

From the story...
What the boy wrote to Foley, who is single, wasn't available.

checkmark  Here it is, to the death.

That he didn't understand what the meaning of "is" is (a much-supported and defended defense)?

Sounds like he made a pass, which was the wrong thing to do with a 16 year old, got shot down and left it at that.

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 14):
The reason Foley said he was sorry and he apologised was because he got caught. Nothing less.

Isn't it always that way?

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 16):
I believe his name cannot be removed from the ballot in FLA at this point, The GOP is working on a replacement for him, any votes Foley gets will be counted for the replacement.

The story concurs...
Though Florida ballots have already been printed with Foley's name and cannot be changed, any votes for Foley will count toward the party's choice.

Quoting Texdravid (Reply 17):
I am shocked and stunned by this news.

Why? It's certainly not the first time and most likely won't be the last time it happens. Remember, what happens in D.C., gets blasted all over the press.

CREW did not post their copies of the e-mail until ABC News reported them, instead waiting for the investigation.
Why wait for that pesky investigation to be conducted when we can go on the air and convict him now?

"My concern then was the young man's interests and the parents' interests," Alexander said Friday. "We weren't trying to protect anybody except the parents. ... They told me they were comfortable with it and didn't want to pursue anything, didn't want to talk about it anymore."

Evidently the boys parents were less concerned with it than ABC news.

In a statement, Mahoney said, "The challenges facing congressman Foley make this is a difficult time for the people of the 16th district. The families of all of those involved are in our thoughts and prayers."

A politician with a sense of decency, what a refreshing change. Of course up until last year he was a Republican, some habits die hard.  wink 
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

CastleIsland

Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:41 am

Quoting Gilligan (Reply 20):
Though Florida ballots have already been printed with Foley's name and cannot be changed, any votes for Foley will count toward the party's choice.

Wow. That is absolutely shocking. And I mean that from both sides of the aisle. Let's a say a moderate Democrat ousted himeself for the same reason, and the only other candidate was a total left-wing nut-bag? Suddenly, all the votes go to the nut-bag. That's just plain retarded, and a good reason why this country needs to abolish the two-party system and institute voter/election reform immediately.

Just one problem: the fuck-nuts who vote on that are the same fuck-nuts running for office.
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

Gilligan

Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:09 am

Quoting CastleIsland (Reply 21):
Let's a say a moderate Democrat ousted himeself for the same reason, and the only other candidate was a total left-wing nut-bag?

Or the moderate democrat gets himself killed in an airplane accident and his wife runs for the seat thus throwing all the sympathy vote to her. How fair is that?
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

Falcon84

Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:10 am

Why? It's certainly not the first time and most likely won't be the last time it happens

I remember good old Wayne Hays, I believe his name was, back here in Ohio in the 70's. He was doing a hooker and got tossed out.  Yeah sure
Work Right, Fly Hard

TedTAce

Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:17 am

Quoting Texdravid (Reply 17):
Welcome to Speaker Pelosi.

vomit 

Quoting AirCop (Reply 19):
Sorry, Ted I'm not a conservative homophobe as you state. I actually believe that gay people should be able to marry if that what they wish, and that they should have the same decent human rights as the rest of us. And besides I have put my money where my mouth is, and donated to fight the anti-gay marriage, insurance ballot measure here in Arizona.
As to Barney Frank I was referring to in 1990, the House voted to reprimand Frank when it was revealed that Steve Gobie was running a prostitution business from Frank's apartment. Frank had dismissed Gobie earlier that year after learning of Gobie's activities.

Sorry for the mis-understanding.

the list is long and not confined to Republicans.

That's why I said:

Don't forget the money grubing bastards like Delay and whoever else took an illegal PAC trip.

Quoting Gilligan (Reply 22):
Or the moderate democrat gets himself killed in an airplane accident and his wife runs for the seat thus throwing all the sympathy vote to her. How fair is that?

All is fair in love, war, and politics... especially when you are DEAD!!

OzarkD9S
Topic Author

Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:21 am

Or the House Member dies skiing and his wife takes his place...a la Sonny Bono (a Republican anti-gay rights schmuck with a gay daughter)...you're move.

CastleIsland

Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:40 am

Well, that's not fair at all. I'll confess to keeping only a casual ear to specific political events at times, as it is all more corrupt than Chicago in the 1930's. I have some vague recollection of this actually happening. James, don't try to twist my words. If I hate Republicans as much as the Yankees, I hate the Democrats as much as the Mets.

It's time to abolish the corrupt two-party system and find some viable moderates who can appeal to the people. Also, the founding Father's doctrine that political service is meant to be temporary and voluntary has been destroyed by the very monetary system we are bound to, should be upheld with vehemence.

Abolish the exhoritant pensions these people and their spouses (who do nothing, BTW) walk away with (I remember seeing a story about Bob Dole's wife having a few cool million coming to her. WHY, AGAIN?). People who do no good for this country for years on end get rewarded. It's enough to make one sick. "It's enough to put one off their breakfast."

How the @#$% are we gonna clean this crap up? It's absolutely disgusting. I'm @#$%ing ashamed of it. Both sides suck major ass, and smell no better.
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

Gilligan

Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:42 am

Quoting OzarkD9S (Reply 25):
Or the House Member dies skiing and his wife takes his place

I completely forgot about that, thanks for the memories. I was in radio then and we pulled out the John Denver "save a tree" psa's in memory of Sonny.

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 24):
That's why I said:

Just makin sure both sides get equal representation.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 23):
I remember good old Wayne Hays,

Yep he hired Elizabeth Ray, couldn't type, couldn't answer the phone, couldn't file, but sure was a fine mistress. Just remember, if she's good enough to be your mistress, she's good enough to invite to your wedding! Especially if she's not the bride! lol

CastleIsland

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:00 pm

Quoting Gilligan (Reply 27):
Just makin sure both sides get equal representation.

I think I made that damn clear in post #26.

ANCFlyer

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:03 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 7):
"Mr. Foley....you involved yourself in things that were none of your affair. That was a mistake!"

Signed,

Maxwell Dent

What no banana in the tailpipe?!  laughing 

What this man has done is reprehensible.

It isn't about politics and Republicans and Democrats and control of the House . . . it's about some assmonkey sending skanky e-mails to 16 year olds.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Falcon84

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:15 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 29):
What no banana in the tailpipe?!

"We really gotta talk, Billy."  Big grin
Work Right, Fly Hard

Gilligan

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:22 pm

Quoting CastleIsland (Reply 26):
James, don't try to twist my words.

Easy there soldier, just keeping it even.

It's time to abolish the corrupt two-party system and find some viable moderates who can appeal to the people

And therin lies the rub my friend. I wish it could be done but to win a primary on either side you have to be party to the extreme. BTW the libertarians on the forum will be chiming in pretty soon as just the thing you ordered, come on and join their happy little clan. wink 

Also, the founding Father's doctrine that political service is meant to be temporary and voluntary has been destroyed by the very monetary system we are bound to, should be upheld with vehemence.

Abolish the exhoritant pensions these people and their spouses (who do nothing, BTW) walk away with (I remember seeing a story about Bob Dole's wife having a few cool million coming to her. WHY, AGAIN?). People who do no good for this country for years on end get rewarded. It's enough to make one sick. "It's enough to put one off their breakfast."

Agreed 110%. It should be public service, not self service. That sad part is they force pilots to retire at 60 because of saftey concerns and yet some of these clowns can keep passing legislation that can detrimentally affect millions of people until they literally die in office. There is just something wrong with that.

CastleIsland

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:42 pm

Quoting Gilligan (Reply 31):
And therin lies the rub my friend. I wish it could be done but to win a primary on either side you have to be party to the extreme.

Right now, yes. The point of change is to quell this idiotic thinking.

Quoting Gilligan (Reply 31):
BTW the libertarians on the forum will be chiming in pretty soon as just the thing you ordered, come on and join their happy little clan.

Sod off! I am no more a libertarian than Superfly is a Republican.

Thing is, I have very diverse views. My main position is to screw insurance companies who provide a "service" that no one can afford to use. Utter bullshit.

Secondly, healthcare: all legal Americans/legal residents should have identical coverage for an affordable rate. Period. It's not the fault of the doctors, it's the fault of fat-cat hospital administrators/worthless Boards of Directors and Insurance companies who @#$% this up. Oh, and scumbag lawyers who take bad cases to pad their wallets.

I could go on and on, but you'd all puke in your mouths...

ArtieFufkin

Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:45 pm

And the hits just keep coming for the corrupt GOP.

Cunningham ....Prison
Delay Resigned under investigation. Sanctioned by House.
Ney....Pled Guilty awaiting sentencing.

Foley...propositioning Minors

Now the big news? Hastert knew about Foley for a Year and did nothing.
This is how the GOP protects minors from sexual predetors..

daily kos

" The resignation rocked the Capitol, and especially Foley's GOP colleagues, as lawmakers were rushing to adjourn for at least six weeks. House Majority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) told The Washington Post last night that he had learned this spring of some "contact" between Foley and a 16-year-old page. Boehner said he told House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.), and that Hastert assured him "we're taking care of it."

As I said in comments below, Hastert's toast. If he can survive this with his leadership position intact, it will only be because the GOP is so riddled with corruption that it has literally nobody else to fall back on.

You don't protect a sexual predator using the tools of your office. No, not even if you're a Republican."

ANCFlyer

Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:54 pm

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 33):
And the hits just keep coming for the corrupt GOP.

Hey, ahhh, Artie . . . before you get too high up on that horse - let me chop a few feet from underneath you . . .

Or Dan Rostenkowsky or James Trafficant or........the list is long and not confined to Republicans.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

ArtieFufkin

Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:00 pm

Oh you've got to go into history to pull names out? That was like 10 years ago. Yes that's really the equivalent in degree and magnitude...LOL.Pathetic.

Let me help you out. The was 1 Dem congressman from Louisiana compared to the 10 plus GOPers resigned under a cloud/imprisoned/awaiting sentencing/under investigation.

[Edited 2006-09-30 07:01:02]

[Edited 2006-09-30 07:02:21]

ANCFlyer

Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:07 pm

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 35):
Oh you've got to go into history to pull names out? That was like 10 years ago. Yes that's really the equivalent in degree and magnitude...LOL.Pathetic.

You'd do the same, and have . . . so back to your corner . . .

All politicians are crooked - some way, shape, or form - so you can stow that holier than thou Democratic bullshit anytime.

ArtieFufkin

Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:12 pm

GOP Family Values

ABCNews.com posted these instant message exchanges:

Maf54: You in your boxers, too?
Teen: Nope, just got home. I had a college interview that went late.
Maf54: Well, strip down and get relaxed.

ABCNews.com also cited this exchange:

Maf54: What ya wearing?
Teen: tshirt and shorts
Maf54: Love to slip them off of you.

A third example from ABCNews.com:

Maf54: Do I make you a little horny?
Teen: A little.
Maf54: Cool.

Clinton: Cheating with consenting adult of opposite sex.
GOPer: Attempting to abuse same sex minor.
Hastert and GOP leadership: Hid this fact for 10 Months.
Liberal Artie Fufkin: Looking forward to November!

AGM100

Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:16 pm

Bad news for the GOP ??? Who cares ,we got a pedophile out of our party and out of our government.. good riddance .

I heard they had the evidence for some time now also , and waited to release it prior to the election. Sick and sad.

The only bright spot is he resigned,, unlike others ...
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

ArtieFufkin

Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:23 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 38):
I heard they had the evidence for some time now also , and waited to release it prior to the election

Well let's be clear who "they" is. They is the GOP House Leadership. They knew about the IM's for 10 Months. I would imagine "they" wanted to keep this underwraps until after the election.

Now if it were any parent looking to kick some ass on a Congressman who attempted to sexually abuse their teen. Then that parent is welcome to disclose it any old time they can hurt the Congressman the most.

AGM100

Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:30 pm

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 39):
Well let's be clear who "they" is.

No one is sure who they are ,,, rationaly if the GOP had mangaged to hide it... then they would not have released it now.

Anyway , its sick and FUBAR .. glad he is gone. And if a DEM wins his seat .. who cares at least this creeep is gone. It about the only way the DEMS have a prayer of winning anyway.
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

ArtieFufkin

Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:37 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 40):
It about the only way the DEMS have a prayer of winning anyway

Check out the various polling websites. Most are non-partisan. The House has already been written off to the Dems long before Foley came along. Bush just ruined it for them. Now when this Hastert pervert coverup thing gets going I'd imagine the Senate may be predicted to turn blue as well.

ArtieFufkin

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:05 pm

Rep. Shimkus on why he didn't inform the Page Board's lone Democrat aboout the Foley matter: "I'm the chairman of the page board. The Clerk and I addressed this issue."

tee hee

andessmf

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:38 pm

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 41):
The House has already been written off to the Dems long before Foley came along. Bush just ruined it for them.

You meant the same polls that predicted the same thing in 2002 & 2004? The same polls that predicted the 2004 election for Kerry? The same that said governors Gray Davis (Cali.) wasn't going to be thrown out? Those polls?

Aloha717200

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:58 pm

Havent read any of the responses...

Personally, I feel that there's nothing wrong with having a normal conversation with a 16 year old even if you're well over the legal age. But i stress normal

It appears that while his email to the boy wasnt explicitly sexual, it hinted at it and made the boy uncomfortable and that's where the line was crossed.

As long as you arent making a person uncomfortable or crossing the boundaries, exchanges and friendships between someone under 18 and someone over 18 arent always sick or bad things. I have a very good friend who is 17 years old, I am 21. But our friendship does not cross the boundaries of what is proper or comfortable for either of us. I see no wrong there.

Clearly this type of exchange wasnt a friendly discussion, but a disturbing one. It amazes me that he talked about tracking online predators, yet he himself seems to be one.

ArtieFufkin

Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:05 pm

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 43):
Those polls?

No pal it's not the same polls at all. These are predictions made with much wider margins. Not a single race but a much larger pool. It was neck and neck with Kerry. This is not the same thing. Sit back and enjoy. And again read up on things before, you ask me to teach you. Please?

andessmf

Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:47 pm

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 45):
These are predictions made with much wider margins

Exactly, the same as 'predicted' before.

This is not the same thing

Heard that line many times.

Sit back and enjoy

Done that with these polls for the last several years. Had many conservatives in the office who were scared of these polls and the 'trends' they showed. We know of course how it turned out.

you ask me to teach you

If you have something to teach, that'll be news to me.

ANCFlyer

Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:06 pm

No pal it's not the same polls at all. These are predictions made with much wider margins. Not a single race but a much larger pool. It was neck and neck with Kerry.

How about you source them for us . . . we want to make sure we read these "non-partisan polls" - of which there was only ever ONE non-partisan poll I've ever seen here on A-Net - that way we're sure to be on the same sheet of music with you. Wouldn't want to stress you or anything.

Polls are bullshit more often than not, so I don't put a lot of stock in them.

And until politicians driop the partisan BS in office, it won't matter who is sitting on the ranking side of the aisle, it will remain SNAFU . . .

texdravid

Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:09 pm

According to some web sources, however truthful they may be,
Foley's name cannot be removed from the ballot. Thus his putrid name stays, and thus the seat will flip Democratic almost certainly.

However, if Governor Jeb holds a "special" primary election say around end of October, then the new primary winner will be on the ballot and not Foley.

But come on, this political dance will not fool any voter anytime! The GOP is a dead duck in this congressional seat, and the Dems already have about 5-6 seats flipped even before the November election.

I am of the opinion that this news will also topple weak Repubs in the Senate and flip the Senate as well.

If were you liberal A.netters, I would be looking for a place to party in November, because this thing is going to turn into a rout.

If I were President Bush, I would start hiring a personal defense attorney stat---he is going to be impeached and his presidency is now officially gone down the toilet, if it hadn't before.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

ANCFlyer

Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:15 pm

Quoting Texdravid (Reply 48):
If I were President Bush, I would start hiring a personal defense attorney stat---he is going to be impeached and his presidency is now officially gone down the toilet, if it hadn't before.

You were making some sense there Doc until you got to this line.

Care to share what charges PotUs is going to be impeached with? I can't think of any.

I would disagree that this will flop the Senate. I'd almost disagree this will flop the House. Regardless, I still maintain that unless politicians begin to work together, the situation will remain SNAFU. Nothing - little to nothing- will get accomplished in DC.