bill142

F1: Japanese Grand Prix

Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:31 pm

So we head into the Japanese GP one week after China with Fernando and MS on equal points. Essentially one needs to finish ahead of the other to gain a points advantage. The championship will go down to being decided in Brazil unless MS wins with Alonso failing to finish inside the points.

So what are everyones predictions for the race. Naturally one would expect Ferrari and Renault to be strong and McLaren have been quick here in recent years with Kimi's dominant performance here not to be forgotten. Personally I think McLaren will get it togeather and hold out Ferrari and Renault for the win.

legoguy

RE: F1: Japanese Grand Prix

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:12 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Thread starter):
So what are everyones predictions for the race. Naturally one would expect Ferrari and Renault to be strong and McLaren have been quick here in recent years with Kimi's dominant performance here not to be forgotten. Personally I think McLaren will get it togeather and hold out Ferrari and Renault for the win.

Ahem.... you forgot to mention Honda (BAR sounds better)!

Go Alonso! Although Schumacher will win has he has a faster team mate backing him up.
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

airbusA346

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:16 pm

Go Schumi!!!!!!!!!! Big grin

Tom.
Tom Walker '086' First Officer of a A318/A319 for Air Lambert - Hours Flown: 17 hour 05 minutes (last updated 24/12/05).

TSV

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:25 pm

So what are everyones predictions for the race.

The King of Fifth (Webber) scores a surprise Sixth place.
"I told you I was ill ..." Spike Milligan

emrecan

Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:23 pm

I am sure Kimi will take the pole and during the race he will f.ck his car again unfortunately.

As you know I vote for Schumi and Ferrari. Let's hope all the 22 cars will able to finish the race.

ba757

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:17 am

As I said in the Chinese GP thread, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Mclaren / Raikkonen win. Fingers x'ed.

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 4):
As you know I vote for Schumi and Ferrari.

I'd be disappointed if you didn't!

As a side, I am just watching Goodwood Festival of Speed on TV, it was nice to see Hakkinen driving last years Mclaren, it was nice to see him in a F1 car again.

Adam

Duff44

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:00 am

- Honda or Toyota (or both) will run light in qualifying trying to get on the front row
- Kimi will be fast again... and break
- The host broadcaster will focus way too much on Toyota, Honda, and even scarier, Super Aguri.
- Fuji in 2007 will suck compared to Suzuka (DAMN YOU HERMANN TILKE!!!!)
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!

bill142

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:12 am

Quoting TSV (Reply 3):
The King of Fifth (Webber) scores a surprise Sixth place

I think they will be over the moon with 8th at the moment.

Quoting Duff44 (Reply 6):
- The host broadcaster will focus way too much on Toyota, Honda, and even scarier, Super Aguri

This is probably true. And yet again coverage is being delayed to 11pm here in Aus.

In other earth shattering news, Honda has confirmed Barichello and Button for 2007.

kaddyuk

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:52 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 7):
In other earth shattering news, Honda has confirmed Barichello and Button for 2007.

No Surprises there then... But they are rumored to be loosing Anthony Davidson to Super Aguri...

Schumacher has NOTHING to loose by crashing out in Japan and taking Alonso with him...if they both DNF, then Schumacher goes into brazil for a final round shoot off and only needs to finish above alonso to win. I would bet money on that thought running through Schumi's mind MORE than once...

I'll be cheering for Button and hoping for Alonso...
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

BAxMAN

Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:30 am

Quoting Kaddyuk (Reply 8):
No Surprises there then... But they are rumored to be loosing Anthony Davidson to Super Aguri...

Oh dear Lord! Please, no!

Is he that desperate for a drive?? He surely isn't handcuffed with some Honda contract?

Davidson is wasting his talent as a test driver. What hope is there when guys like Alex Wurz get the spare 2007 Williams seat, Renault persevere with Fisi and Toyota continue to give Trulli and Schumi Jr trillions of dollars to drive like pensioners. Davidson should follow Justin Wilson to that Champ Car thingy. He would be a sure fire success.
I need to get laid

bill142

Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:13 am

Quoting BAxMAN (Reply 9):
Is he that desperate for a drive?? He surely isn't handcuffed with some Honda contract

Honda have strong links to Super Aguri.

kaddyuk

Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:59 pm

Quoting BAxMAN (Reply 9):
Is he that desperate for a drive?? He surely isn't handcuffed with some Honda contract?

Super Aguri are the Honda B team (Thats unofficial but the links can be proven...)

davestanKSAN

Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:52 pm

The Super Friends team shocks everyone and will be on the front row. Michael and Fernando decide all this bickering is doing them no good so they use that tandem ride Kimi used to drive his wife around in the snow and finish the race together. The stewards rule that Alonso blocked Schumi by sitting in the front seat and dock him 5 grid positions.

praise  yes I am psychic

biggrin 

I can't believe the season is coming to an end. What to do??? Watch youtube videos all winter/summer (depending on your side of the equator) I guess.

Anyway it will be a fun one to watch. Alonso and Shumi both look hungry for the championship. Here's to a safe and enjoyable race!

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

legoguy

Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:05 pm

Quoting Kaddyuk (Reply 11):
Super Aguri are the Honda B team (Thats unofficial but the links can be proven...)

Hopefully if Super Aguri can pull their acts together then DAvidson might actually have a chance to prove himself next year. I would not say that Super Aguri will be challenging for wins next year, but they could perhaps throw their weight around in the middle of the field. Do not forget that their will be a new team next year (is that just me or will their be a new team next season... or is that for 2008?)

Davidson is a great driver and I look forward to seeing him racing next season hopefully.

Quoting DavestanKSAN (Reply 12):
I can't believe the season is coming to an end. What to do???

Yea I know, 6 months without formula one! I will have to resort back to playing it on the play station on hard mode with heavy rain settings.

bill142

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:00 pm

Quoting DavestanKSAN (Reply 12):
The Super Friends team shocks everyone and will be on the front row. Michael and Fernando decide all this bickering is doing them no good so they use that tandem ride Kimi used to drive his wife around in the snow and finish the race together. The stewards rule that Alonso blocked Schumi by sitting in the front seat and dock him 5 grid positions

Actually it was Mika who did that.

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 13):
Yea I know, 6 months without formula one! I will have to resort back to playing it on the play station on hard mode with heavy rain settings

Just as well the cricket season is starting.

nosedive

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:28 pm

Todt tells Renault to watch it

Quote:
Todt brought into question the tactics employed by Renault's drivers Fernando Alonso and Giancarlo Fisichella during the Chinese Grand Prix, after the pair traded places and ran two abreast down the back straight for four laps while the world champion struggled with a tyre imbalance.
The Renault drivers's manoeuvres , in the middle phase of the grand prix when race leader Fernando Alonso was severely struggling for grip, gave Michael Schumacher no opportunity to pass the struggling Spaniard, while Fisichella appeared to have the pace to overtake his team-mate at the first attempt.
Although Todt didn’t go as far to say his team would operate such tactics with its two drivers if the opportunity arose, he says the Italian squad is now clear that such defensive driving is allowed.
“It has been a good learning for us,” he said.
“We have learned what you can do.

Sounds like some wheel bangin' is in order!

IMO, Schumie has it in the bag; Alonso is being too hot headed, and relations within the team appear strained...

NeilYYZ

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:32 pm

I want Alonso to take the championship. I respect the talent of MS, but I stopped watching F1 years ago because of just that, he was so damn good, it just wasn't interesting. So, being the ass that I am, I hope he loses the championship in his final year.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

legoguy

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:32 pm

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 15):
Todt brought into question the tactics employed by Renault's drivers Fernando Alonso and Giancarlo Fisichella during the Chinese Grand Prix, after the pair traded places and ran two abreast down the back straight for four laps while the world champion struggled with a tyre imbalance.

I find that comment from the Ferrari man a little strange. Especially when Ferrari have pulled such stunts like this before on many occasions. What did he expect them to do?

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 14):
Just as well the cricket season is starting.

I don't watch cricket  Silly I never really understood it.

bill142

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:50 pm

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 17):
I find that comment from the Ferrari man a little strange. Especially when Ferrari have pulled such stunts like this before on many occasions. What did he expect them to do?

Yeah it is really ironic coming from Todt. Expect dirtier tactics to come from both teams in the later races.

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 15):
and relations within the team appear strained...

They are.. Your star driver is fighting for the championship, yet you know it won't be your car wearing no 1 regardless of what happens. What do you do??

ba757

Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:28 am

I am surprised nobody mentioned this.

I don't know honestly what to make of this!  Yeah sure

Alonso questions Renault loyalty

Quote:

Fernando Alonso has waded into controversy by suggesting that some members of his Renault team do not want him to win his title showdown with Michael Schumacher -- because they can't bear to see him take the coveted number '1' to arch-rivals McLaren next year.

Alonso made the extraordinary claim on Spanish television after losing the championship lead for the first time this season in the Chinese Grand Prix, a race that looked his for the taking until a tactical error and a fumbled wheel change handed Schumacher victory.

"The whole team is gutted, apart from the handful of people who don't want me to take the number 1 to McLaren," the Spanish media quoted Alonso as saying.

He added that there was "no doubt" that Renault regarded winning a second consecutive constructors' championship as more important than his own title defence, suggesting that only some team members were disappointed by the outcome of Sunday's race.

"Some others are happy because we went past Ferrari in the team battle," he said.

"They are not helping me as much as they could."

Renault moved quickly to defuse the situation, dismissing suggestions that civil war was breaking out in the team's ranks amid the pressure cooker of the title race and Alonso's impending defection to McLaren.

"This is not an issue," a team spokesman told the Guardian newspaper.

"We are 150% behind Fernando in his battle for the championship and there is no question of our commitment flagging.

"The points situation is so tight that to win the constructors' championship you've got to be sure of winning the drivers' championship and vice-versa.

"We have worked flat-out since Monza on engine development to ensure that we keep our competitive edge through to the last race of the season in Brazil.

"In addition, Giancarlo [Fisichella] drove purely for the team at Shanghai on Sunday, finishing third behind Fernando.

"There is no problem at all with the relations between him and the team."

Nonetheless, Alonso's outburst is a measure of the tension he feels as the championship heads to a nail-biting climax, as well as his simmering frustration over recent rulings that have worked against him and prompted much of the Spanish media to accuse the FIA of sabotaging his title bid.

It is likely to be viewed by Ferrari as a sign that Schumacher now has the upper hand in the crucial psychological battle between F1's two great rivals.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37585

Adam

bill142

Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:35 am

You have to wonder sometimes. Is this all pshycological banter to distabilise the other?

ba757

Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:36 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 20):
Is this all pshycological banter to distabilise the other?

I'm sure a lot of it is.

Adam

legoguy

Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:47 am

Quoting BA757 (Reply 19):
I don't know honestly what to make of this!

Me niether!  Confused I have fully supported Alonso this year however some of the claims he is now making are a little crazy. I can understand why is feeling the pressure, as it is mostly the work of the FIA, however blaming the team is going alittle too far perhaps.

kaddyuk

Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:08 am

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 22):
however blaming the team is going alittle too far perhaps.

Maybe, and accussing the team will only turn those people who are his allies against him, but can you not understand what Alonso is saying... It dont half make sense...

The mistakes made in Shanghai were NOT Renault mistakes... Not when the title race is THIS close...

bill142

Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:13 am

Perhaps Renault are telling him to make these comments to lul Ferrari into a false sense of security that everythings not peachy and they can't work as a team. Then Renault come out and wipe Ferrari clean in a show of team unity.

You have to remember this sport is as much mind games as it is political, technical and business.

davestanKSAN

Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:23 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 14):
Actually it was Mika who did that.

Oh crap, I fail. I knew it was a Finn that drove for McLaren. Picked the wrong one.  banghead 

I'd think its best not to make your team hate you. Come on Alonso play nice with Flavio.  silly 

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

bill142

Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:44 am

Quoting DavestanKSAN (Reply 25):
Oh crap, I fail. I knew it was a Finn that drove for McLaren. Picked the wrong one.

Ron Dennis has a soft spot for Finnish Drivers. Is it because the always Finnish first or fail to Finnish? Anyway unless Ron finds some new young Finnish driver, or drags up a relic *cough*Mika Salo*cough* it will be odd to see a McLaren without a Finn at the wheel.

bill142

Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:44 pm

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/head...nes/news/detail/061004104643.shtml

Quote:
Reigning World Champion Fernando Alonso has widened his attack on the Renault team after losing his championship lead in China.

The 25-year-old, who in the Spanish press this week accused his team colleagues of abandoning the quest for his drivers' title, has now been quoted as criticising team-mate Giancarlo Fisichella's tactics on the Shanghai circuit.

While Ferrari boss Jean Todt hinted this week that Fisichella's precision driving on the straights was tantamount to illegal blocking, Alonso attacked his Roman cohort for overtaking him.

Alonso reportedly told Sport-Informations-Dienst: "In the same situation I don't believe that (Ferrari's) Massa would have driven past Schumacher.
"

A Renault spokesman, however, insisted that 33-year-old Fisichella 'drove purely for the team' in the Chinese Grand Prix.

And he said of Spaniard Alonso: "There is no problem at all with the relations between him and the team."

Tomorrow we expect Alonso to hit out at global warming, which must also be responsible for the loss of the championship lead

rotfl  rotfl 

ba757

Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:09 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 26):
Anyway unless Ron finds some new young Finnish driver, or drags up a relic *cough*Mika Salo*cough* it will be odd to see a McLaren without a Finn at the wheel.

Well if Kovi is a successful driver, perhaps he will be stolen from Renault also... then there is Rosberg, he is as good as Finnish as well as German.

I wonder if Mclaren will retain DLR next season as a driver, it would be strange to see two Spanish drivers.

Adam

ba757

Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:10 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 27):
Tomorrow we expect Alonso to hit out at global warming, which must also be responsible for the loss of the championship lead

Fantastic! Big grin

Adam

bill142

Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:31 pm

Quoting BA757 (Reply 28):
I wonder if Mclaren will retain DLR next season as a driver, it would be strange to see two Spanish drivers

Hopefully they do. I think he would be great support for Alonso while they train up Hamilton.

sudden

Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:43 pm

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 17):

And they did win, so why the comments at all. But of course, Why should Todt admit that their drivers have done some pretty heavy stunts themselves over years. I guess Schumi, at some extend, invented big parts of them.

The battle for the championship is taking part just as much outside the track, as on it, now in the closing stages.

I dare to say that Alonso did not even say that the team not want him to take home the championship. He could have said just about anything as media makes up what they want from it.

About Maclaren,
they/he were really fast in China, and the car setup will not change much for this race so my bets will be on Kimi (as it has been the whole season).  Wink

Super Aguri want to make the best of it on home ground. And the way to do that would be to not let Sato race.

I think BMW will do well again. This team can be a real contender next season. Kubica have out qualified Nick by 100% as well. Ok ok, only 2 races, but still.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

legoguy

Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:34 pm

Quoting Sudden (Reply 31):

I have been thinking... If Alonso is moving to McLaren next year, McLaren will want Alonso to win the championship this year so they would have the number one driver next year, where as Ferrari will want Kimi to finish the season well to have a good driver number next year at Ferrari.

So where does this leave Pedro De La Rosa? He could help Renault's Alonso in the final two races therefore helping McLaren next year... Or does he play the team game and try to score maxomum points. I think McLaren have secured third place in the constructors already although I am un sure.

Does anybody understand what I just tried to explain?  Silly

sudden

Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:42 pm

In order to help Alonso,

De Larosa would have to qualify in front of Schumi, Fisi and Kimi, and I do not see that happening, yet. He is good, but not that good, yet.

Ferrari have already chosen Kimi, so he have not much to loose by scoring bad in the 2 last races. Contract might already have been signed as well.

For the teams in general, I think the constructor title is heavier to carry on to 2007 then the driver title, although to have a Champ driving your car opens advertising/sponsor doors.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

HKGKaiTak

Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:32 am

So what are everyones predictions for the race.

- Alonso and Schumacher on the front row.

- 2nd and 3rd rows to be filled by Toyota and Honda.

- Alonso to outrace Schumi to take the championship lead.

- Massa 3rd, Fisichella struggling to outrace either McLarens and Hondas.

- Toyotas would stop early and then nowhere to be seen after that.

- Raikkonen will line up on 4th row and drag a heavy McLaren to eventual 4th.

- Sato will find yet another reason to cause a pile-up whilst trying to defend 18th place.

- Yet another crappy coverage from Channel Ten (shouldn't expect too much, should we? Absolutely hate how they pretend a delayed telecast is in fact a live one ...) At least we're getting the whole show this time, albeit massively delayed - thanks to the sideshow that is Bathurst. I will sure have my computer turned on and tuned to the live results page on Sunday, irrespective of how close it is on lap 140 at Bathurst at the end of yet another safety-car induced close finish.
4 Engines 4 LongHaul

bill142

Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:51 am

Quoting HKGKaiTak (Reply 34):
Yet another crappy coverage from Channel Ten (shouldn't expect too much, should we? Absolutely hate how they pretend a delayed telecast is in fact a live one ...) At least we're getting the whole show this time, albeit massively delayed - thanks to the sideshow that is Bathurst. I will sure have my computer turned on and tuned to the live results page on Sunday, irrespective of how close it is on lap 140 at Bathurst at the end of yet another safety-car induced close finish

It really sucks. Hopefully I gets better next year now that they have lost the V8 supercar rights. Formula 1 happens to be on the anti-siphoning list so theres probably not a whole lot of chance of getting it on Pay Tv. MotoGP is on fox sports, and it's also on the anti-siphoning list so I don't know.

I've found live timing from Formula1.com and live audio commentary from BBC Five Live is a good combination.

HKGKaiTak

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 35):
Formula 1 happens to be on the anti-siphoning list so theres probably not a whole lot of chance of getting it on Pay Tv. MotoGP is on fox sports, and it's also on the anti-siphoning list so I don't know.

I thought anti-siphoning laws run out at the end of 2006?

Anyway, remember when Channel 9 did the same thing a couple of years ago when Hakkinen and Schumi were going for the 2000 championship? There was quite an outcry and eventually Nine gave it to Fox Sports (part-PBL owned, of course) to screen both Suzuka and Sepang live, with a delayed coverage on Nine?

I think what's wrong in Oz is that the channels aren't allowed to show different programs on their various digital channels - I still can't get my head around that law ... I'll bet if they could show it then Ten would be showing the races live. (How many people would watch a delayed race in the middle of the night beats me. Or they watch it on tape and skip ALL the ads, like I do.)
4 Engines 4 LongHaul

Aaron747

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:18 pm

All I know is I can't wait till this thing is over. All these idiots from the states are
making huge asses of themselves on just about every rush hour train I've had the misfortune of seeing them on around Nagoya the last week. Makes me ashamed as an American ex-pat in Japan that these clowns can't dress, act, or speak decently when visiting a foreign country. Go home, drunkards!
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

bill142

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:51 pm

Quoting HKGKaiTak (Reply 36):
I thought anti-siphoning laws run out at the end of 2006?

The current list runs untill 2010. I think if the new Media ownership laws get passes it will be come void and will be repalced by a new system.

EDIT: Actually only the Australian Grand Prix or any other race part of the championship held in Australia is required to be broadcast on FTA.

Quoting HKGKaiTak (Reply 36):
Anyway, remember when Channel 9 did the same thing a couple of years ago when Hakkinen and Schumi were going for the 2000 championship? There was quite an outcry and eventually Nine gave it to Fox Sports (part-PBL owned, of course) to screen both Suzuka and Sepang live, with a delayed coverage on Nine?

I think it was 1999 and it was Hakkinen batting Irvine for the title. FOM told nine to get their act togeather. Nine always put its news programming and other crap first and purposly put long movies on on sunday nights. 10's reality crap always runs late and causes NCIS or whatever they run after it to run late, thus delaying F1.

Anyway, back to the event at hand Davidson fastest in practice, Speed second and Vittel third. All the major runners appear to have not turned a lap.

[Edited 2006-10-06 06:11:59]

HKGKaiTak

Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 38):
All the major runners appear to have not turned a lap.

And do you think they would today? Alonso must've caned his engine last week chasing Schumi down ... sometimes you have to wonder why they even bother having Friday practice ...

Meanwhile, qualifying is under way at Bathurst. HRT sure looks strong for the weekend, I just hope they don't run away with it and the race would be as boring as Sandown was until they went out.

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 38):
I think it was 1999 and it was Hakkinen batting Irvine for the title. FOM told nine to get their act togeather. Nine always put its news programming and other crap first and purposly put long movies on on sunday nights

No it was definitely 2000 - my tape from Suzuka 2000 has Fox Sports Live on it. Also remember rushing home from a day out at the Paralympic Games to watch the tape, well before the Nine coverage.

Even with Nine I remember their coverage always started before 11pm, unlike this mob ...
4 Engines 4 LongHaul

bill142

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:17 pm

Quoting HKGKaiTak (Reply 39):
And do you think they would today?

No which is why they need to be allowed a practice engine or do away with friday all togeather. The third cars is gone next year so there will be almost no runninf done on fridays.

No it was definitely 2000

you could be right. I have trouble remembering what happened six minutes ago let alone six years ago.

HKGKaiTak

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:53 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 40):
No which is why they need to be allowed a practice engine or do away with friday all togeather.

I think was a backward step when they took away Friday qualifying, let alone have this ridiculous situation when we have little or no Friday action at all. 2 x Grand Prix distance engine is also silly ... esp when they lose 10 grid slots when they detonate one on Friday or Saturday and none (apart from a DNF) when they blow it up in the race.

I don't see how the current rules save anybody any money - on the other hand, it costs the circuits so much to host an F1 race that it's ridiculous the main game doesn't get any running on the Friday to help recoup costs ... the thought of watching Formula Fords and Porsche Cup cars run round on a Friday just sends me to sleep.

Didn't some team float the idea that the test days would be reduced and just having free-for-all 2 x 2-hour test sessions on the Friday with 3 cars per team and unlimited drivers? Now that was a great idea.
4 Engines 4 LongHaul

senliture

Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:00 pm

Even with Nine I remember their coverage always started before 11pm, unlike this mob

We should have a choice. Fox broadcast it live and whatever channel broadcast it delayed but free. I seriously don't mind paying some small amount of money for a live and good coverage. Channel 10 almost cut the Alonso dropping champagne part, Luckily they put it back after the commericals.

legoguy

Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:02 pm

Renault deals the first blow to the Ferrari by topping the time sheet of the second practise session, although it was surprising Fisichella at the top of the timing, and not Alonso.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37613

bill142

Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:15 pm

Quoting HKGKaiTak (Reply 41):
Didn't some team float the idea that the test days would be reduced and just having free-for-all 2 x 2-hour test sessions on the Friday with 3 cars per team and unlimited drivers? Now that was a great idea.

Yeah but the trade off would be a complete ban on mid-season testing. Guess which team poo pooed that idea.

kaddyuk

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:26 am

Quoting Senliture (Reply 42):
Channel 10 almost cut the Alonso dropping champagne part, Luckily they put it back after the commericals.

Its one company who film the Grand Prix... ITV in the UK have been saying it for years, we need people who KNOW about F1 to film F1. It was in Monza I think, A car came out the pits side by side with another they were racing for a critical place, they went neck and neck into the first chicane and the TV was focusing on Schumacher driving down the back straight...

Why they weren't focusing on the scraps earlier in the field we dont know but it was AWFUL directing!!

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 43):
Renault deals the first blow to the Ferrari by topping the time sheet of the second practise session, although it was surprising Fisichella at the top of the timing, and not Alonso.

Alonso would have been pushing his engine in China to attempt to make up the time to catch Schumacher, Fisi wasn't pushing his engine as such and so will have some life left to really rag his engine as required. Alonso will be on a life preserving mission... He cant afford a DNF... If his engine blows, he can kiss the season goodbye... I expected him to not test at all or perhaps be focusing on tyres, we know Alonso is fast in the dry, its in the wet he needs practice...!

ba757

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:14 am

Quoting Kaddyuk (Reply 45):
Its one company who film the Grand Prix... ITV in the UK have been saying it for years, we need people who KNOW about F1 to film F1
Each venue normally has their own director who controls the on screen footage. So in countries like Italy, its bound to be biased towards the Italian teams and drivers, especially Ferrari. It's like this weekend, we will probably see more of the Honda's and such than we normally would.

I agree though - an unbiased knowledgeable TV director should be used for all the races.

Adam

[Edited 2006-10-06 19:17:59]

kaddyuk

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:16 am

Quoting BA757 (Reply 46):
an unbiased knowledgeable TV director should be used for all the races.

I nominate ME!

I also belive that more TV Action should be forced onto the back markers in the middle of the race. No only are they the most action packed bits in the "boring" bit... but more tv action = bigger sponsors and more money = better team...

aerobalance

Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:02 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 37):
All these idiots from the states are
making huge asses of themselves

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 37):
Go home, drunkards!

And I thought they were all in Talladega this weekend.  Smile
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

ba757

Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:56 am

Quoting Kaddyuk (Reply 47):
I nominate ME!

I also belive that more TV Action should be forced onto the back markers in the middle of the race. No only are they the most action packed bits in the "boring" bit... but more tv action = bigger sponsors and more money = better team...

With that attitude Kaddy perhaps you should replace Mosley at the FIA!

Wink

Adam