AirCop
Topic Author

Gingrich: Dems Sex Scandals Are Worse

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:17 pm

Gingrich: Dems' Sex Scandals Are Worse
-
Wednesday, October 4, 2006

(10-04) 19:07 PDT Greenville, S.C. (AP) --

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Wednesday that Democratic sex scandals have been far worse than the suggestive Internet messages sent to teenage congressional pages by former Rep. Mark Foley.

Gingrich said Democrats have wanted to punish their offenders less than the GOP.

"What we don't have to do is allow our friends on the left to lecture us on morality," Gingrich said at a party fundraiser in Greenville. "There's a certain stench of hypocrisy."

Foley abruptly resigned Friday after being accused of sending salacious Internet messages to teenage boys who served as pages on Capitol Hill. The FBI and Florida law enforcement officials are investigating.

Gingrich would not say whether House Speaker Dennis Hastert should step down in the wake of the scandal. He also declined to discuss reports that Hastert may have known about Foley's behavior for more than three years.

"I don't know what he knew," Gingrich said.

bigmouth  Open mouth and insert foot, recently everytime he speaks he is making less and less sense. Morality is a term Gingrich might not be aware of. Wasn't he the one that served divorce papers on his wife while she was in the hospital, so that he could marry an aide.

mdsh00

RE: Gingrich: Dems Sex Scandals Are Worse

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:22 pm

I think that a member of the so called "Party of Morals" in America ought to keep his trap shut too, lest he sound like a hypocrite as well. This stupid crybaby business serves nobody.

Is this the latest GOP talking point? Spin it towards the Dems? I think so far, the Dems have been good about keeping the outcry to a minimum so far.
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

Newark777

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:40 pm

How dumb is fighting about which sex scandal is worse? Just more partisan bullshit.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

copaair737

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:43 pm

Yeah, this Foley cat was trying to get into teenage boy's pants. I can see how things much be must worse than that. Sick.

-Copa
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

FlyVirgin744

Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:04 pm

Lovely, so now politicians are fighting over who has worse sex scandals. All the while the country is still being run like crap.
Sometimes I go about in pity for myself and all the while a great wind carries me across the sky.

Halcyon

Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:05 pm

Quoting FlyVirgin744 (Reply 4):
Lovely, so now politicians are fighting over who has worse sex scandals.

Yeah, excellent state of things. Sheesh. The worst thing is that it's not surprising anymore. Most politicians from every side suck, and that's about how to sum it up, whether you're a Democrat or Republican. Personally, I don't see that as changing.

Lucas

Mir

Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:16 pm

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 2):
How dumb is fighting about which sex scandal is worse?

Pretty f*cking dumb. Meanwhile, we have a budget crisis.  Yeah sure

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

TedTAce

Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:57 pm

I'll take a guy in the white house spooging over another consenting adult versus a 'potential' child molestor ANY fucking day.

PS. Who the fuck asked Newt (the adultering pig) GinGrinch (who stole congress)?
This space intentionally left blank

FlyingTexan

Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:37 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 7):

2nd that.

Whats worse - fuck around with an intern and lie about it under oath or Foley's repulsive shenanigans. And - on top of that - cover it up.

Hastert knew about this. The radical Republican right regime we have in charge has got to go. Period. The ones in charge are a bunch of lying, theiving, child-molesting invertibrates.

[Edited 2006-10-05 16:41:57]
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

A332

Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:57 pm

Quoting FlyingTexan (Reply 8):
The ones in charge are a bunch of lying, theiving, child-molesting invertibrates.

checkmark  Best description I've heard in some time!

America has far more pressing issues to resolve... it's good to see that the nation's priorities continue to take a backseat to partisan BS.
Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!

jaysit

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:06 am

Note to Gingrich:

The only thing worse than some closeted Republican pedo is some fat disgusting Republican perv who serves divorce papers on his terminal cancer afflicted wife in her hospital room so he can marry the aide he was cheating on said wife with.

Now who could that perv be?

All I can say is STFU Newton.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

seb146

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:26 am

I, too, have been trying to figure this one out:

It is worse for two consenting heterosexual adults to have relations than sending explicit e-mails to minors of the same gender?

Add to that the wanting to torture and leaving people living in human waste and dead bodies for weeks..... yes, those are all family values.....

GO CANUCKS!!
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

ltbewr

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:30 am

Anytime it involves minors, it is worse, but any sex scandal is bad. I don't want to hear about sex scandals, that is something to be investigated and the wrongdoers punished.
Problem is that any scandal distracts from real news we need to know. 13 USA soldiers have been killed in Iraq in the last 3 days in insurgent attacks. We have a Senate and Congress that has all but a few members bought out by the rich and big business.

texdravid

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:38 am

I am of the opinion that we Republicans who stand for personal and public morality need to police our own severely and not compare ourselves to the Democrats, the party of no morality and no shame and everything goes culture.

True, the Democratic congressman form Provincetown, RI in 1983 did not resign after his sex scandal and his voters in his overwhelmingly gay district did not care and re-elected him many times until he retired in the 1990's.

However, Republicans should realize that championing "family values" has its downside, too. That is, when caught with your pants down, it is a bigger story than when democrats do it because the hypocrisy charge will be swift, lethal and entirely appropriate.

Thus, there is a clear reason why Dems and Repubs get treated differently on sexual matters. That's life. Republicans like Gingrich, Hastert, et. al need to deal with it.

BTW, the Christian conservatives I know in rural Texas are outraged and disappointed like you wouldn't believe. They WILL be staying home this November and with the Republicans doing poorly among other voters, this is an extremely bad sign and an electoral spanking is on the way.

Pelosi, speaker
Reed, majority leader.
Unhappy Bush, who is gonna be impeached, tarred and feathered.
Rejoice A.netters. One month and all your dreams will come true.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

FlyingTexan

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:53 am

This is something else! Link to today's New York sLimes article about Foley.

You may choose to use http://www.bugmenot.com

some excerpts. . .

His colleagues in Washington liked him — if they had to tolerate him trampling them on his way to the nearest camera. He was known for his sense of humor and his imitations of politicians — including Bill Clinton’s famous “I did not have sexual relations with that woman” line.

When he became a leading critic of Mr. Clinton’s during impeachment,
and the president’s supporters were poking around in the private lives of Republicans, several people said they recalled hearing that Mr. Foley told people he was engaged.

Oh the irony! I know someone is going to shoot back and say well, at least Foley resigned like Clinton should have

Well, one difference is two consenting adults of age.

[Edited 2006-10-05 17:55:18]
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

jaysit

Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:18 am

Quoting Texdravid (Reply 13):
Pelosi, speaker

Oh, big deal.

You're just trading in a guy who looks and sounds like a hippo (Hastert) for a woman who looks and sounds like a screeching owl.

True, the Democratic congressman form Provincetown, RI in 1983 did not resign after his sex scandal and his voters in his overwhelmingly gay district did not care and re-elected him many times until he retired in the 1990's.

Uhh, that's Provincetown, MA.

And back in 1983, P-town's gay vote was still marginal (and actually still is, because many gay residents are only summer residents). Studds just did a damn good job of representing the fishing industry, his Portuguese-American constituents and his gay constituents that he was loved across the board. Also, when he won his district, he wrested it from a Republican (of course a 1972 Republican barely resembled the fire and brimstone bigots one sees today).

And while Studd's relationship was sleazy and gross, it occurred in 1973 with a fully consenting 17 year old, and was statutorily legal at the time. What's more, when the Democratic controlled House discovered Studds' 10 year old relationship, he was immediately censured.

Thus, there is a clear reason why Dems and Repubs get treated differently on sexual matters.

Yes. Because we don't go around preaching what you should do in the privacy of your bedroom. One wonders why a party (the GOP) that champions the freedom of Americans from governmental intrusion into their wallets would be so hypocritical when it comes to intrusion into their personal lives. Reverse that for the Dems, of course.

BTW, the Christian conservatives I know in rural Texas are outraged and disappointed like you wouldn't believe.

What a pity. I guess the trifecta of bigotry, Christo-fascism, and "family values" can just go that far.

But don't worry, ye who loves his rural, Christian, finger-wagging friends so much. I doubt very much if Congress will shift hands to the Dems. Sleep easy, for the corrupt, the hypocritical and the incompetent will continue to rule.

baroque

Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:36 am

Quoting FlyingTexan (Reply 8):
invertibrates.

Hey steady, there are some really nice invertebrates, like trilobites and the nautilus.

B777-700

Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:53 am

I am of the opinion that we Republicans who stand for personal and public morality need to police our own severely and not compare ourselves to the Democrats, the party of no morality and no shame and everything goes culture.

rotfl 

Damn straight...

Don't look now Tex, the liberals are comin' for ya!
If you don't chew Big Red, then @#$% you.

santosdumont

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:19 am

They say first impressions are the strongest....

Sometime around 1983, I remember seeing Gingrich as a then young loudmouth Representative from Georgia (this was before he took on his roly-poly, "omniscient elder statesman persona") who was giving a hystrionic speech to the House floor ripping into the Democrats for being soft on communism.

Unbeknownst to the hot-headed Representative, then Speaker Tip O'Neill ordered the C-Span cameras to pan the audience. What we saw was an empty room, except for a couple of custodians sweeping up.

That was my introduction to the so-called Special Order speeches, where any lawmaker can speak to any topic after the House concludes its business.

Poor Newtie had such a hissy fit that he nearly pissed his pants.
"Pursuit Of Truth No Matter Where It Lies" -- Metallica

jaysit

Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:49 am

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 17):

ROFL!!!! How did I miss that gem?

That's just too much. I guess Republican men think that Republican chicks don't give head.

That's because the Democrats - those of no morality and no shame and everything goes culture - are the ones they're going down on.

Wowza. I wonder what Texdravid's rural, Christian, morally-upstanding folks would have done if he'd boinked one of their lily-white daughters, let alone laid eyes on their blossoming peaches and cream womanhood? Oh, wait. They of morality and shame and nothing goes culture don't engage in that sort of pre-marital miscagenation. And they sure know how to police that sort of thing severely. Cuz whats a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon after a morning of Church than a good ol' fashioned lynchin'?

Falcon84

Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:58 am

Quoting AirCop (Thread starter):

Wasn't Newtie busted once for an extra-marital affair? I can't remember.

However, Republicans should realize that championing "family values" has its downside, too. That is, when caught with your pants down, it is a bigger story than when democrats do it because the hypocrisy charge will be swift, lethal and entirely appropriate.

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

You stuck-up, arrogant %^*)#! You Republicans-the ones of Watergate, Iran-Contra, of the Iraq war; of approving of torture and holding people without charge or counsel. And now, the party of a 52-year old Congressmen trying to get in the pants of teenage boys, while championing laws to protect the same, and having your leadership cover it up?

Morally superior to WHO? Ants? Cockroaches? Moles? Who? You certainly aren't superior to most people who call themselves liberal-those mainstream kind, like myself, not the loonies you try to label as mainstreem. Most "liberals" as correctly defined, have strong moral and family values, who try to raise their children right, who obey the law, who love their country just as much, if not more, in reality than you do. You try to claim moral superiority?

rotfl 

Thus, there is a clear reason why Dems and Repubs get treated differently on sexual matters.

Sure, that's why the Republicans dragged Bill Clinton through impeachment over oral sex. Uh huh.

You have lost what little credibility you ever had on here, Tex. Your smug arrogance shows why the GOP is in such trouble now. You claim moral superiority, while trying to defend those who tried to cover up your moral inferiority as a party.

Thanks for the laugh though. Sadly, it's nothing to laugh about, when you stop and think about it.

And I didn't think my contempt for you could get any lower.

(Waiting now for the usual reply about me being a bitter airline employee, and a the like).
Work Right, Fly Hard

Falcon84

Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:59 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 19):
That's just too much. I guess Republican men think that Republican chicks don't give head.

They do-but only to us Democrats, because the Republicans and their "family values" don't approve of such pleasure.  Big grin
Work Right, Fly Hard

jaysit

Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:05 am

"At least Tom didn't make some lovin' to no macaca.

Cuz, thats 'gainst the law in Virginia."

Signed

George Allenbergsteinowitz.

NIKV69

Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:13 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 7):
I'll take a guy in the white house spooging over another consenting adult versus a 'potential' child molestor ANY fucking day.

Yea it's not like he would kill him if he threatened to expose the affair like Chandra Levy or anything.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

TedTAce

Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:24 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 23):
Yea it's not like he would kill him if he threatened to expose the affair like Chandra Levy or anything.

What the fuck are you talking about? Last time I heard Condit was cleared. He's still a scumbag for effing her, but he didn't kill her.

jaysit

Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:25 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 23):

Gary Condit was in the White House?

You need to contact the FBI and the DC Police pronto. Clearly, you have some evidence against Condit that no one else does.

Confuscius

Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:42 am

"Last time I heard Condit was cleared."

I thought it was Stonecipher that had an affair...not Condit!  Wink
Ain't I a stinker?

NIKV69

Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:45 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 24):
What the fuck are you talking about? Last time I heard Condit was cleared. He's still a scumbag for effing her, but he didn't kill her.

Sure he was cleared but so was OJ. There was no evidence but I think Condit had her taken for a ride.

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 25):
You need to contact the FBI and the DC Police pronto. Clearly, you have some evidence against Condit that no one else does.

Wish I did, he covered up his tracks very well. Or most likely paid some muscle to do it, you do remember there are professionals out there that kill for a living. The iceman come to mind?

TedTAce

Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:48 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 27):
There was no evidence but I think Condit had her taken for a ride.

No. Trust me there is no way he got away with killing her without so much as a trial if he wasn't completely innocent of KILLING her.

Confuscius

Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:50 am

Wish I did, he covered up his tracks very well. Or most likely paid some muscle to do it, you do remember there are professionals out there that kill for a living. The iceman come to mind?

You have now entered the Twilight Light Zone.

Vince Foster are you out there?
Ain't I a stinker?

jaysit

Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:52 am

Sure he was cleared but so was OJ. There was no evidence but I think Condit had her taken for a ride.

LOL.
That's not an apt comparison.
OJ was tried, and the evidence was all there. We all know why OJ didn't get criminally convicted. But he got slammed in a civil trial. Condit, didn't even get to the trial stage. There was no evidence.

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 25):

Wish I did, he covered up his tracks very well

Then you must have evidence of him covering up his tracks really well too, eh?

NIKV69

Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:56 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 28):
No. Trust me there is no way he got away with killing her without so much as a trial if he wasn't completely innocent of KILLING her.

How you figure? Believe it or not you can still kill someone and never see the inside of a cop car not to mention a court room.

Quoting Confuscius (Reply 29):
Vince Foster are you out there?

Haha, good one. I was thinking the same thing. People seem to forget that people in our government garner a ton of power and can bascially do whatever they want. As long as nobody opens their mouth.

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 30):
We all know why OJ didn't get criminally convicted.

Oh why is that? Please don't say the race card. I would be more apt to think the sloppy police work had much more to do with it. Lets drive around all day with a vile of blood in the car, real smart Van Atter!

bushpilot

Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:10 am

"What we don't have to do is allow our friends on the left to lecture us on morality," Gingrich said at a party fundraiser in Greenville. "There's a certain stench of hypocrisy."

Way to go Newt, thanks for reminding us that despite having an inept President, and a scandalous legislature, that the country is still better off without you!
Newt wants to talk about hypocrisy, how about the GOP preaching to keep us safe from ourselves and our unmoral behavior so one day we can all go to heaven if we give %10 of our earnings to the church so that pastor, with his message from god can drive a caddy, have a summer condo and his wife can get botox.
In the meantime, the Co-chair for the committee on Missing and Exploited children is having cyber sex with a 16 year old boy while he takes a break from working on the bill making it a federal crime to solicite minors for sex online. That hypocracy of the worst kind. That is someone building trust in themselves from others, and then expoliting it. This man is a pedophile and needs to spend time in prison for what he did if found guilty. Bottom line.
If Hastert or anyone else knew about this and didnt act upon it, they need to be removed from thier positions as well and possibly face criminal charges if warranted. I would say this about both sides of the aisle. I am not happy with the GOP most of the time, but of the DEMs did this, I would be calling for thier heads to roll as well.
This isnt about perjury, this is about sexually abusing a minor. Comparing a paper cut to an amputation.

TedTAce

Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:13 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 31):
Believe it or not you can still kill someone and never see the inside of a cop car not to mention a court room.

I take it you know this from exeperience?

Dougloid

Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:28 am

Gingrich said Democrats have wanted to punish their offenders less than the GOP.

Why, yes. Far be it from us to criticize one who dumped his wife for a floozy when the wife was sick in the hospital with cancer....

the man's a douchebag that hasn't been emptied in a while.

Angry  Angry  Angry
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

texdravid

Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:31 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 15):
worry, ye who loves his rural, Christian, finger-wagging friends so much.

Notice how I said the Christian conservatives I know, not loves or is friends with. But, when have you been objective, anyway? Like never.

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 17):
Damn straight...

Don't look now Tex, the liberals are comin' for ya!

On this website, you betcha.

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 19):
Wowza. I wonder what Texdravid's rural, Christian, morally-upstanding folks would have done if he'd boinked one of their lily-white daughters, let alone laid eyes on their blossoming peaches and cream womanhood? Oh, wait. They of morality and shame and nothing goes culture don't engage in that sort of pre-marital miscagenation. And they sure know how to police that sort of thing severely. Cuz whats a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon after a morning of Church than a good ol' fashioned lynchin'?

Again, such tomfoolery on your part. Before I married (another Tamil), I went out with many small town white christian females. These men did not care I went out with their lily white daughters and were not racist at all. Where I drew the line was that I respect their God and they respect mine. They did that and I had no problems. Believe it or not, I wasn't even lynched. So take your pre-conceived notions of small town Texas and shove it.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 20):
You stuck-up, arrogant %^*)#! You Republicans-the ones of Watergate, Iran-Contra, of the Iraq war; of approving of torture and holding people without charge or counsel. And now, the party of a 52-year old Congressmen trying to get in the pants of teenage boys, while championing laws to protect the same, and having your leadership cover it up?

If you read carefully, my letter was to say how Republicans are always going to be tarred on sexual matters because of the hypocrisy angle. The repubs who cry about any double standard should get used to it and not cry about it like so many right wing pundits like gingrich are doing. That's all. The rest of your soliloquy is pure leftist bile masquerading as original thought. Just like you Falcon.

Morally superior to WHO? Ants? Cockroaches? Moles? Who? You certainly aren't superior to most people who call themselves liberal-those mainstream kind, like myself, not the loonies you try to label as mainstreem. Most "liberals" as correctly defined, have strong moral and family values, who try to raise their children right, who obey the law, who love their country just as much, if not more, in reality than you do. You try to claim moral superiority?

Correction. Most liberals in survey after survey are not mainstream when it comes to family, marriage, religion and such, and are always demeaning patriotism and promoting the right to hate one's country. So, again, get off your high horse. My statement earlier was for Repubs to quit complaining. Your foaming at the mouth knows no bounds.

Sure, that's why the Republicans dragged Bill Clinton through impeachment over oral sex. Uh huh.

I was against that, and I have said so many times. On this issue in particular, I have risen above and said that Hastert needs to resign and the Repubs deserve to lose this election. Period. Have you read lately? Think not. You're too busy foaming at the mouth.

You have lost what little credibility you ever had on here, Tex. Your smug arrogance shows why the GOP is in such trouble now. You claim moral superiority, while trying to defend those who tried to cover up your moral inferiority as a party.

Thanks for the laugh though. Sadly, it's nothing to laugh about, when you stop and think about it.

And I didn't think my contempt for you could get any lower.

(Waiting now for the usual reply about me being a bitter airline employee, and a the like).

I'm crying right now that the great Falcon has even lower contempt for me. Woo, hoo. Your leftist propaganda is sick and sad, and oh so predictable and boring. You have contempt for me, but jealously and hatred is your primary weapon. I don't need to reply about your profession. The fact that you mentioned it shows your inferiority complex and your jealously.

I don't feel contempt for you, I feel sad for you, you pathetic waste.

jaysit

Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:57 am

Quoting Texdravid (Reply 35):
Before I married (another Tamil), I went out with many small town white christian females.

Uh, huh. I bet you were the Lothario of small town Texas Christiana! Not one, but many small town white christian females. Oooh, baby, you smooooooooth.

But I'm sure that Bubba and his buddies all heaved a sigh of relief when you married a fellow Tamil.

(Btw, just so that you know, driving Miss Daisy to the five and dime doesn't count as dating. Nor does watching "Debbie does Debnath in Dallas" on your DVD player).

Most liberals in survey after survey are not mainstream when it comes to family, marriage, religion and such, and are always demeaning patriotism and promoting the right to hate one's country.

Oh, yes. All those liberals who served in the military, and all those gays who serve in the military are all demeaning patriotism. While Rush Limbaugh and Tom Delay and Dick Cheney are all true, blue patriots just oozing patriotism out of every red, white and blue pimple.

Besides, what exactly is the "right to hate one's country?" Is that right Constitutionally or Judicially or legislatively created? And how exactly does one promote it? By not voting Republican?

Believe it or not, I wasn't even lynched.

How nice for you!

Well, now is a good moment to give thanks to those liberal Justices and those liberal activists and those liberal lawmakers you love to hate who worked so tirelessly for decades so that you could go out on dates with "many small town white christian females."

Falcon84

Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:00 am

Correction. Most liberals in survey after survey are not mainstream when it comes to family, marriage, religion and such, and are always demeaning patriotism and promoting the right to hate one's country.

Your version of "liberal" is along the Rush Limbaugh line, chum. You're not talking mainstream people when you mention liberal. The image you try to conjur up are those waaaaay far to the left. And, in that group, you are correct. But for most who consider themselves liberal, but not radicals, you're dead wrong. Most people I know are liberal, and they don't fit your stereotype in any way, shape or form.

But you can keep up you delusions, they seem to make you happy.

I don't feel contempt for you, I feel sad for you, you pathetic waste.

rotfl 

Maybe your conservative bretheren, Gilligan, can tell you how much of a "pathetic waste" I am, or how "bitter" I am in my job. I hate to burst your bubble.......actually, I don't hate to do it....but I'm quite happy in life and job, and have been so for many, many years.

But again, I appreciate the comedic value.
Work Right, Fly Hard

jaysit

Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:02 am

You have contempt for me, but jealously and hatred is your primary weapon.

rotfl 

You got that, Falcon?

Stop being jealous of Texdravid for dating "many small town white christian females."

Falcon84

Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:04 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 38):
Stop being jealous of Texdravid for dating "many small town white christian females."

Jealous?

He dates 'em-I married one.  Big grin
Work Right, Fly Hard

srbmod

Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:26 am

Newt and his cohorts ought to watch out, as they may see Larry Flynt put out another Flynt Report.

texdravid

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:16 pm

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 36):
Uh, huh. I bet you were the Lothario of small town Texas Christiana! Not one, but many small town white christian females. Oooh, baby, you smooooooooth.

Yeah, but you were the Lothario of the Pentagon "honies" association. The ooh, baby, you smooooth was the cry you heaved after one of those guys got after you.

But I'm sure that Bubba and his buddies all heaved a sigh of relief when you married a fellow Tamil.

Your beltway switch hitters all signed when you left with your significant brother on a cruise.

(Btw, just so that you know, driving Miss Daisy to the five and dime doesn't count as dating. Nor does watching "Debbie does Debnath in Dallas" on your DVD player).

You woudn't know a straight date if it hit you on the head. Really, your kind giving me lectures on straight dating is like me giving you lectures on proper bathhouse antics.

Oh, yes. All those liberals who served in the military, and all those gays who serve in the military are all demeaning patriotism. While Rush Limbaugh and Tom Delay and Dick Cheney are all true, blue patriots just oozing patriotism out of every red, white and blue pimple.

I think Limbaugh, Bush, Delay and Cheney are chicken hawks. So, again wrong. They are just as wrong as the Kos crowd, the Democratic underground crowd and YOUR crowd.
Besides, what exactly is the "right to hate one's country?" Is that right Constitutionally or Judicially or legislatively created? And how exactly does one promote it? By not voting Republican?

How nice for you!

Well, now is a good moment to give thanks to those liberal Justices and those liberal activists and those liberal lawmakers you love to hate who worked so tirelessly for decades so that you could go out on dates with "many small town white christian females."

Yeah, Thurgood Marshall and Justice Brennan really got me all those dates, allright. What a laugh. Your tone indicates how much you hate rural America.
Well, guess what. Don't get mad at them there isn't a bathhouse to frolic in, or a copy of the New Jack Times in every coffeehouse.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 37):
Your version of "liberal" is along the Rush Limbaugh line, chum. You're not talking mainstream people when you mention liberal. The image you try to conjur up are those waaaaay far to the left. And, in that group, you are correct. But for most who consider themselves liberal, but not radicals, you're dead wrong. Most people I know are liberal, and they don't fit your stereotype in any way, shape or form.

No, you think you are mainstream just because you aren't as off the chart left as the Euro crowd and the Jaysit/Aerowesty crowd. In reality, you are way out there.

And yours too.

Why, I didn't think you were looking in the mirror.

Falcon84

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:39 pm

Quoting Texdravid (Reply 41):

Why, I didn't think you were looking in the mirror.

Gosh, but that one was weak, Tex! That's the best you can do. I had more faith in you than that. I'm so disappointed!

And I wasn't looking at a mirror, just laughing like hell at your post, for which you have no real answer, because everything I said was right on the money.
Work Right, Fly Hard

MUWarriors

Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:27 pm

Wow. I mean, really. Wow. I don't know whether to laugh at your ignorance, or be horrified by it. I lean way left, I don't think I live an immoral life. I have never been to an orgy, hell I have never been to a strip club. I work with children trying to help them stay out of trouble, and follow a decent path, and yet I am immoral. Well glad I got that cleared up.

If the Dems are smart, no they won't. At most they would follow Sen. Feingold's censure proposal, and everyone will move on. I would hope the Dems learned from the Republicans mistake on the Clinton impeachment fiasco. Hell I supported a censure of Clinton.

Correction. Most liberals in survey after survey are not mainstream when it comes to family, marriage, religion and such, and are always demeaning patriotism and promoting the right to hate one's country. So, again, get off your high horse. My statement earlier was for Repubs to quit complaining. Your foaming at the mouth knows no bounds.

So, if I support gay marriage, but have absolutely nothing against traditional marriages (hell someday I would like to be in a traditional marriage), I would like to have a traditional family (although I would be OK being a stay at home dad) but support non-traditional families, I am against all things traditional? Is that the logic here? I am just curious.

Wasn't Newtie busted once for an extra-marital affair? I can't remember.

Ah yes, he has been. Not only that, ole Newt has been twice divorced, the first time he was kind enough to visit his wife in the hospital after her surgery for cancer removal, to discuss the divorce proceedings. During his second marriage he would read the Bible, waiting for his mistress who was practicing in a church choir (allegedly). All the while ripping apart President Clinton for his affair. Ah... now I see what Tex was talking about lefties being out of line with family values. Most of us would never do anything like that. It all makes sense now.

texdravid

Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:27 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 42):
Gosh, but that one was weak, Tex! That's the best you can do. I had more faith in you than that. I'm so disappointed!

And I wasn't looking at a mirror, just laughing like hell at your post, for which you have no real answer, because everything I said was right on the money.

Yeah, because I don't come across as a junkyard dog, like you, foaming at the mouth. Please, you are an unhinged liberal who thinks he is some fair-minded reasonable person. You are a out of control liberal, and the real reason you don't know it is because your kind is so well represented on these boards which in no way mirrors America at all.

No, you think you are mainstream just because you aren't as off the chart left as the Euro crowd and the Jaysit/Aerowesty crowd. In reality, you are way out there.

Again, you're a pathetic waste who is also childish, jealous and disgruntled.
I would be too, I guess, if I were 46, a loser and unhinged like you.

texdravid

Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:34 pm

Jaysit, Falcon, et. al,

If you read carefully, my letter was to say how Republicans are always going to be tarred on sexual matters because of the hypocrisy angle. The repubs who cry about any double standard should get used to it and not cry about it like so many right wing pundits like gingrich are doing. That's all. The rest of your soliloquy is pure leftist bile masquerading as original thought. Just like you, Falcon and Jaysit.

Quoting MUWarriors (Reply 43):
Ah... now I see what Tex was talking about lefties being out of line with family values. Most of us would never do anything like that. It all makes sense now.

See above. Gingrich, et. al are blowing it and I have tried to say that through the fog of leftist bile on this site, esp by Miss Jaysit and the disgruntled gate agent who is so "middle of the road".

texdravid

Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:45 pm

Maybe if this board wasn't full of unhinged types like Falcon, then maybe someone would understand that I think this Foley nonsense is killing the GOP and they are going down. I wrote it last Friday when the story broke and the tidal wave is nowhere near finished.

Look at this article, as it encapsulates what I have been saying.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,218043,00.html

Again, Foley is a dangerous pedophile. Hastert and friends are dimwit rubes who closed ranks to protect a pedophile and endangered children. They deserve to lose and lose big and I think they shall.

P.S. Also not noted by the Falcon et. al mob is that I have said blaming Democrats for this is unproductive and a canard. They have every right to call bullshit and hypocrisy when a party that supposes itself as a paragon of virtue becomes involved in something as vile as this.

MUWarriors

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:33 pm

Quoting Texdravid (Reply 44):
You are a out of control liberal, and the real reason you don't know it is because your kind is so well represented on these boards which in no way mirrors America at all.

Who are you to determine what "mirrors America?" It's an honest question that I have. You live in the heart of Texas, how do you know what someone living in Greenwich Village in New York thinks, or how about Fairbanks, Alaska, or Missoula, Montana, or... well you get the point. Here is a link for you to look at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_legislatures. I personally like state legislatures because they are generally the smallest districts. Or look at the breakdown by county of the last presidential election:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:2..._US_elections_purple_counties.png.
America is not cut and dry. So stop acting all high and mighty with the "I am right you are wrong."

Look you lean a ways to the right, I lean a ways to the left, and reality is most of the country lies somewhere between us. What upsets me is when you declare Democrats (which I believe you include all left leaning individuals) as

Quote:
the party of no morality and no shame and everything goes culture.

And then, while taking potshots at other people, you declare yourself on the moral high ground.

However, back (almost) on topic, Republicans have their skeletons in the closet, as do Democrats. Neither party is immune, so saying "Look we aren't as bad as them," is stupid, and that is what upsets me about what Gingrich, and others have been saying.

baroque

Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:49 pm

Ants?

Interesting how moral values are assumed to reside only with Homo sapiens. Most beasties that live in groups have very firm systems of how to relate to fellow members that certainly leave all political parties wallowing in their wake, but many religious organizations too. Why do you think ants are so successful?

columba

Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:07 pm

This must be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read.
It will forever be a McDonnell Douglas MD 80 , Boeing MD 80 sounds so wrong