Falcon84
Topic Author

GOP Trying To Pull Dems Into Foley Scandal

Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:06 pm

The biggest indicator yet that the GOP is on the verge of desperation when it comes to their political fortunes in 4 weeks.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/06/foley.fallout/index.html

I think you'll find the answer is "no" on this one-not because Pelosi and Reid are pure as the driven snow, because we all know they're not, but because every indication is this was brought foward by the pages themselves, not the Dems. And further, the GOP leadership knew about this for ages (not the emails, but Foley's problem), so why didn't they get rid of the problem long before this.

Act of desperation, nothing else.
Work Right, Fly Hard

RichPhitzwell

RE: GOP Trying To Pull Dems Into Foley Scandal

Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:08 pm

According to Fox news...Foley is a Dem. Did anybody else catch that when this first blew up?
Anywho, the GOP from hour one was trying to place blame on the D's. First they were asking how long D's knew about this and did not say anything "These are our kids that the D's are not protecting". It seems they have stopped after looking like idiots.

It seems that both parties shoot first then take the blame....but it seems more severe with the R's dragging out the blame the longest. Sigh, different strategy I guess.

[Edited 2006-10-07 05:15:30]
Nonav.com kinda like Whiners except the lights are on and the pimps been paid

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:15 pm

Work Right, Fly Hard

RichPhitzwell

Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:20 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 2):
Yes-Anet did: No Wonder Hastert Isn't Resigning...Foley A DEM? (by SHUPirate1 Oct 5 2006 in Non Aviation)

Honestly, I really dont care about this scandal, so no search. Good job A.net!

This "scandal" is what I hate about the Media and the general public. So many more important issues going on at the same exact time as this and what do we all focus on...

concord977

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:10 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Thread starter):
GOP Trying To Pull Dems Into Foley Scandal

Not only are they trying to pull the Dems into this but they are specifically going after Hilary Clinton. They're blaming it on an organization she's affiliated with. I don't think she'd take the risk of creating this scandal. She has too much to lose.

Speaking of blame, one GOP senator and 3 GOP representatives have gone on record saying they told Hastert about Foley's problem 2 to 3 years ago. Yet yesterday he went on the air and said no one knew about this until they saw it on the news this week.

So his own people are blaming him (Hastert) and in response he is calling them all liars?
No info

Superfly

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:11 pm

This doesn't surprise me at all. After all, these are Republicans we are talking about.
These are the same turds that tried to pin the events of 9/11 on the Democrats. Therefore this doesn't surprise me one bit.

I can't wait to hear the spin that Cfalk, Gilligan, AerospaceFan and other like-minds will put on this.

We are all ears!

[Edited 2006-10-07 09:26:13]
Bring back the Concorde

Gilligan

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:50 pm

And further, the GOP leadership knew about this for ages (not the emails, but Foley's problem), so why didn't they get rid of the problem long before this.

OK Foley, you haven't done anything wrong that we know of, but just in case you're fired. Frank, you're next. Any other strange acting people we come across, you're fired. Yep, that would have looked real good. Democrats would have supported that, sure they would.

Falcon, you have yet to provide proof that anyone in the leadership knew before the im's came out a week ago, that Foley was indeed doing anything wrong. Odd behavior is not an excuse to toss someone, if it were then a quarter the house could be impeached. When you have proof positive that Hastert and the leadership knew for a fact that Foley was doing something illegal and did nothing to stop it or just plain cover it up, common back.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 5):
I can't wait to hear the spin that Cfalk, Gilligan, AerospaceFan and other like-minds will put on this.

It's easy. Gerry Studds. Democrats cannot and should not say a thing about thing about how Hastert has handled this situation. If they do they prove what hypocrites they really are.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

Superfly

Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:08 pm

Quoting Gilligan (Reply 6):
Gerry Studds

Dude, that's so 80s!
Can you at least find someone current?
Geez!
I'd be curious as to how many people that covered the Studds story are covering the Foley story. A lot of the folks involved you'd have to dig up from 6ft. under.
You're thinking with a pre-9/11 mentality!  Silly
Bring back the Concorde

Gilligan

Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:19 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 7):
Dude, that's so 80s!

He served, without any attempt by the democrats to remove him or back someone else in his district, until 1996, 13 years after his acknowledged affair with a page that was a minor at the time. Not only was he not ridiculed from office but recieved a standing ovation from his fellow democrats for turning his back on the speakers chair when he was censured. Democrats have absolutley no room to say anything when it comes to sexual abuse of minors.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

RichPhitzwell

Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:46 pm

Quoting Gilligan (Reply 8):
He served, without any attempt by the democrats to remove him or back someone else in his district, until 1996, 13 years after his acknowledged affair with a page that was a minor at the time. Not only was he not ridiculed from office but recieved a standing ovation from his fellow democrats for turning his back on the speakers chair when he was censured. Democrats have absolutley no room to say anything when it comes to sexual abuse of minors.

But the Dems, are really not saying much. Most of the arguing is coming from fellow republicans fingere pointing and from the media blowing things ups.

In some states, 16 is legal....This really should not be a topic to focus attention on, not when we are reinterpreting the Geneva Convention at the same time as this. Sounds like this sex scandal is a plot to direct our attention elsewhere.

AirCop

Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:22 am

Gerry Studds. Democrats cannot and should not say a thing about thing about how Hastert has handled this situation. If they do they prove what hypocrites they really are.

Why is it that you never bring up Rep. Dan Crane, a republican also censured at the same time for having sex with underage pages?

OK Foley, you haven't done anything wrong that we know of

Then why is Majority Leader Boehner and GOP Whip Blunt is offering only tepid support of Halsert in their public statements? Maybe they see the sharks swimming, and just what to distance themeselves.

Superfly

Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:51 am

Quoting RichPhitzwell (Reply 9):
But the Dems, are really not saying much. Most of the arguing is coming from fellow republicans fingere pointing and from the media blowing things ups.

checkmark 
Bring back the Concorde

Gilligan

Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:51 am

But the Dems, are really not saying much

Any time things quiet down on the Foley front for even a minute, they start stirring the pot again.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061007/...;_ylu=X3oDMTA3OXIzMDMzBHNlYwM3MDM-

Not long before sitting down for a lunchtime interview, she turned down a suggestion from Speaker Dennis Hastert that they jointly appoint former FBI Director Louie Freeh to recommend improvements in the page program.

"That was about protecting their majority" rather than the pages, she said dismissively.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061006/ap_on_el_ge/pelosi_time_1

Instead, she wants to put Hastert and other Republicans under oath and make them say what they knew of Foley's actions, when they learned it and what they did to stop him."

Guess that depends on how you look at things. I still think the democrats are going to take back the majority in both houses, which I thought before this scandal broke out. I also still think come January they are just going to go about pissing off a lot of people by wasting time on stuff like the above.

Gilligan

Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:04 am

Quoting AirCop (Reply 10):
Why is it that you never bring up Rep. Dan Crane, a republican also censured at the same time for having sex with underage pages?

Because as you say Crane was a Republican. In addition despite being tearful and remorse after being censured, the party did not support him in the next election cycle and as a result he lost his seat. Contrast that to Studds who not only rejected his censure, but was celebrated for it by some Democrats. No one, republican or democrat called for Tip Oneill's resignation since most people were smart enough to realize that one bad apple does not the party make. However, the DNC continued to fund his elections up until his defeat in 1996. This goes to show the hypocritical nature of certain democrats.

B777-700

Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:49 am

Quoting RichPhitzwell (Reply 3):
So many more important issues going on at the same exact time as this and what do we all focus on...

Sounds like this sex scandal is a plot to direct our attention elsewhere.

Hmmm when have I heard those statements before?  scratchchin   Wink

It's easy. Gerry Studds.

We're not talking about him. We're talking about Mark Foley.

Quoting Gilligan (Reply 12):
Instead, she wants to put Hastert and other Republicans under oath and make them say what they knew of Foley's actions, when they learned it and what they did to stop him."

Sounds reasonable to me. The GOP taught us that is the proper course of action, right?

I guess it depends on what your definition of 'is' is...  Wink
If you don't chew Big Red, then @#$% you.

allstarflyer

Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:50 am

The biggest indicator yet that the GOP is on the verge of desperation when it comes to their political fortunes in 4 weeks.

Dude, have you thought about going 3rd party in your views?

Quoting Superfly (Reply 5):
This doesn't surprise me at all. After all, these are Republicans we are talking about.
These are the same turds that tried to pin the events of 9/11 on the Democrats. Therefore this doesn't surprise me one bit.

Saw it comin' from a mile, I'm sure   .

Falcon, you have yet to provide proof that anyone in the leadership knew before the im's came out a week ago, that Foley was indeed doing anything wrong.

Gilligan, I'm a conservative, but Hastert and crew dropped the ball BIG time on this.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060930/ap_on_go_co/foley_reynolds
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...le/2006/09/30/AR2006093001265.html
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2539965
Hastert was warned about this guy a while back. He should have looked into it. That he didn't even investigate it is bad enough. I'm a big fan of talk radio (which is mostly conservatives and the like), and the only guy really backing Hastert has been Hannity (probably Limbaugh, too, but I don't much listen to him). Others (like Savage, Doyle and O'Reilly) haven't really bought the Republicans backing of Hastert.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 7):
Can you at least find someone current?

Both sides stink. Here's a few more recent:

http://www.laborers.org/Bergen_Torricelli_1-6-02.htm

And even before that . . .

http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/fec.htm

Back to recent times . . .

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/2/3/131153.shtml

Records of plagiarism forcing out Biden . . .

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-geraghty012203.asp

Scandals big and small. They're on both sides.

Edited for grammar

-R

[Edited 2006-10-08 00:51:41]
Living the American Dream

texdravid

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:30 am

It pains me to say this, but Falcon is absolutely right on this unfortunate topic. Everything about this sordid fiasco is terrible for the Republicans.

First, they protected a sick pervert in their midst. The post-mortem investigation in progress will show this cover-up at the highest levels of the GOP house.

Second, their response has been entirely wrong, starting with Gingrich, et. al's comment about how the Dems have been worse with their scandals.

They should have cleaned House, pardon the pun, starting with Hastert the speaker, Shimkus the page leader and other top lieutenants.

This stone-walling and blaming the Dems will and has backfired. As I have previously noted, every race in November will be affected by this and sweep the GOP out of power.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

B777-700

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:41 am

Quoting Texdravid (Reply 16):

spit  Did I just read that? Are you feeling ok?

Wow. If Tex feels this way, you guys are in serious shit...lol

mdsh00

Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:43 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15163986/from/RS.5/

A Hastert aide says that Hastert's cheif of staff had addressed this issue with Foley since 2005. Is there honestly no chance that Hastert's Chief of Staff kept this info from him? It just reeks of BS and I hope most Americans see through the GOP leadership's attempt to smear the Democrats (though they are guilty of *other* offenses too) and take attention off of themselves.

I know Conservatives are huge on personal responsibility and accountability. It's sad that their party isn't.
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

ArtieFufkin

Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:48 am

Yes, they should have hanged a few. Now 30 will drown.

Hastert will keep this in the news for the next two weeks. The Foley gets released from rehab on the third week. Lots of coverage there.

Totally knocked the GOP off their narrative which was to cry "cut and run", "cut and run" , Dems are terrorist appeasers!

Gilligan

Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:53 pm

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 19):
Totally knocked the GOP off their narrative which was to cry "cut and run", "cut and run" , Dems are terrorist appeasers!

That's right, and now for sure we'll get to see it in action come January. Funding for the war will start drying up and any additional requests for funding outside of the orginal budget will be subject to great debate and if granted will have huge strings attached.

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 15):
Gilligan, I'm a conservative, but Hastert and crew dropped the ball BIG time on this.

"Shimkus has said he learned about the e-mail exchange in late 2005 and took immediate action to investigate.
He said Foley told him it was an innocent exchange. Shimkus said he warned Foley not to have any more contact with the teenager and to respect other pages."

"House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) was notified early this year of inappropriate e-mails from former representative Mark Foley (R-Fla.) to a 16-year-old page, a top GOP House member said yesterday -- contradicting the speaker's assertions that he learned of concerns about Foley only last week."

I'm sorry, I just don't see it. The first two stories talk about the emails, which are a separate matter from the IM's. My understanding is that even the FBI said that there was nothing illegal in the emails. Foley was counseled to stop having contact and to respect the pages. What more was there to do? As I said in an earlier post the only way to make sure he complied would have been to wire tap his computer. Once it was found out he was continuing and even worsening his behaviour he had two choices, resign or be forced out, he chose the former. Now everyone wants Hastert and the rest of the leaderships heads. I take that back, most everyone calling for that, with a few exceptions, are Democrats saying they didn't do enough but not saying what they would have done differently. The only thing they would do differently now would be to hold an investigation of the leadership. Something they've wanted to do on multiple items for a long time anyway. The ABC news story just makes a huge leap from 2005 back to 2003 with only one source, who now says he can't remember who he talked to about the matter.

If you think things are bogging down now, wait until January '07. We are in for at least two years of one investigation after another that will do nothing but waste money.

B777-700

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:53 pm

Quoting Gilligan (Reply 20):
I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

Come back to planet Earth and you will  Yeah sure

Quoting Gilligan (Reply 20):
The first two stories talk about the emails, which are a separate matter from the IM's. My understanding is that even the FBI said that there was nothing illegal in the emails. Foley was counseled to stop having contact and to respect the pages. What more was there to do?

LOL! Oh yeah, I mean, what more could they do? If it was you or I and our bosses found out about doing those things at work, we'd be fired on the spot...but what can the House of Representatives do? They're helpless!

"Hey Mark...Could you do us a favor and stop being a pedophile? Thanks man, 'prish-e-ate it."

Stop making excuses, and take responsibility. Your kind fuct up here.

Gilligan

Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:26 am

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 21):
but what can the House of Representatives do?

It's not like a private business....that's why it's called "the government". If you look carefully you will find out that Congress exempts its members from most laws it passes, and that's nothing new.

Hey Mark...Could you do us a favor and stop being a pedophile

Hey, could you look and see where even the FBI said those emails didn't contain anything illegal?

Stop making excuses, and take responsibility

Stop looking for excuses, win an election on the issues for once.

B777-700

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:17 am

Quoting Gilligan (Reply 22):

No, sorry, not gonna let you deflect the situation. Have you party grow a set of balls and take responsibility here. Stop blaming everyone but yourselves.

ArtieFufkin

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:22 am

Quoting Gilligan (Reply 22):

Ah good one. So when the Dems takeover in November it will not be because of the "issues". Unlike the GOP wins which were not empty rhetoric, distortions, fear mongering....LOL

Yes the "issues"

Americans hate Social Security.
They like deficit spending.
They approve of the Iraq War.
They don't mind not having affordable health care.
They want their government to actively encourage jobs going overseas.
They want environmental rules ignored and gutted.
They don't mind having Congress lied to. (ie Senior Rx plan costs)
They want US reporters paid to write favorable stories.
They want to be wiretapped without Judicial oversite.
They want to remove habues corpus rights from foreign detainees.
They like having corporate lobbying donations having reached all time highs.
They want Jack Abramoff types influencing our Government.
They approve of GOP lawmakers Cunningham, Ney, Delay, Harris, Foley, Burns all being either in prison, being sent to prison, centured, or investigated for felonies.

ArtieFufkin

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:29 am

Well here's another "issue" out today. Iraq war casualties are at a two year high.

"Last month, 776 U.S. troops were wounded in action in Iraq, the highest number since the military assault to retake the insurgent-held city of Fallujah in November 2004, according to Defense Department data. It was the fourth-highest monthly total since the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in March 2003. ... "September was horrific" in terms of the toll of wounded, and if the early October trend continues, this month could be "the worst month of the war," said John E. Pike, director of GlobalSecurity.org, a Virginia-based Web site that tracks defense issues."

Got to love those pro GOP issues. Man they would have it so easy if it were not Foley.

Gilligan

Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:53 am

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 23):
Stop blaming everyone but yourselves.

Who is blaming anyone other than Foley? He is the one who sent the im's after being told not to have any contact. It is dems that keep suggesting that their ought to be full fledged hearings (their favorite tactic unless its a democrat being investigated) and that they will call for them if given the majority in the elections.

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 24):
Yes the "issues"

Ok, now that you've stated what you don't like, lets hear some constructive plans to deal with it. Dems are always long on complaints and short on solutions that the American public is willing to accept. It's the sole reason you end up getting liberal judges to write law for you.

GuitrThree

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:48 am

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 25):
Well here's another "issue" out today. Iraq war casualties are at a two year high.

"Last month, 776 U.S. troops were wounded in action in Iraq, the highest number since the military assault to retake the insurgent-held city of Fallujah in November 2004, according to Defense Department data. It was the fourth-highest monthly total since the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in March 2003. ... "September was horrific" in terms of the toll of wounded, and if the early October trend continues, this month could be "the worst month of the war," said John E. Pike, director of GlobalSecurity.org, a Virginia-based Web site that tracks defense issues."

Got to love those pro GOP issues. Man they would have it so easy if it were not Foley.

Funny thing, if you Democrats weren't so busy about pushing this Foley issue, you might have actually heard this in the main steam media before today. I for one, think the war in Iraq is more important. Nancy Pelosi and all the other Democrats in this country think Foleys IM's to pages are more important. Tell me, what's more important to you?
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

Falcon84
Topic Author

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:53 am

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 27):
Funny thing, if you Democrats weren't so busy about pushing this Foley issue, you might have actually heard this in the main steam media before today. I for one, think the war in Iraq is more important.

Agreed, 100%. But this IS an issue, and cannot be avoided, GT.
Work Right, Fly Hard

MaverickM11

Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:30 pm

Looks like the whole Foley thing may be overshadowed by the whole "North Korea Nuclear testing" thing...and the whole "what is the Democrats' position on North Korea?" thing. Should be interesting!
E pur si muove -Galileo

ArtieFufkin

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:57 pm

No Iraq is much more important and personally I don't think the Foley thing is that big a deal.

But don't expect me to shed a tear that the media and Dems have latched on to this. If it were the GOP controlling the narrative, all we'd have is "cut and run" and Democrats are terrorist appeasers. Trying to smear half the country to scare up votes. It shameful I know but this is how you win elections when the populace is too ignorant and apathetic to given a damn about good government, the issues, and civic responsibility.

So I hope the Dems milk the Foley scandal for all it's worth. Ultimately getting the GOP out of office is good for the Country.

ArtieFufkin

Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:05 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 29):
and the whole "what is the Democrats' position on North Korea?" thing

Fat chance. This occurred on your boy's watch. You know that Iraq thing he started really just impressed the shit out of the USA's real threats like North Korea....LOL. Nobody cares what the Dems think. Bush doesn't ask, the GOP controlled Congress doesn't ask. The GOP owns this. Take personal responsibity for your own mess.

So I guess the Foley thing will be overshadowed by the latest Bush foreign policy failure......What were the chances?..LOL

B777-700

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:31 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 29):
...and the whole "what is the Democrats' position on North Korea?" thing. Should be interesting!

Clinton was very close to a disarmament agreement in 2000, and Bush pist that all away. As has been said, this is the GOP's problem.

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 27):
Funny thing, if you Democrats weren't so busy about pushing this Foley issue, you might have actually heard this in the main steam media before today. I for one, think the war in Iraq is more important. Nancy Pelosi and all the other Democrats in this country think Foleys IM's to pages are more important. Tell me, what's more important to you?

Wow, there's something going on in Iraq? I hadn't heard. What did Saddam do this time?  Yeah sure

You kind is SO desperate that you'd rather talk about how bad things are going in Iraq!?

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 28):

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 30):
No Iraq is much more important and personally I don't think the Foley thing is that big a deal.

Don't buy into this guys. He's just trying to get us talking about ANYTHING but the subject at hand.

Quoting Gilligan (Reply 26):
It is dems that keep suggesting that their ought to be full fledged hearings (their favorite tactic unless its a democrat being investigated) and that they will call for them if given the majority in the elections

And there should be. Or would you rather the people who covered it up...get away with it?

Sorry, again, no. Your kind needs to be held accountable.

GuitrThree

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:13 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 28):

The issue was Foley. And now he is gone. What is to carry on?

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 32):
And there should be. Or would you rather the people who covered it up...get away with it?

How can you say this? You say it like it is FACT. Tell me:

(1) Who covered it up?
(2) What is your proof that it's been covered up?

Let me give you some hints.

The answer to #1 is NOT ALL REPUBLICANS and the answer to #2 isn't "Because I read it in the N.Y. Times."

I understand it's hard for some Democrats to understand this, but just because it's alleged, doesn't make it fact. It's been over a week now since this story broke, and there has been NO proof that anyone has covered anything up, except for some issues of the DEMOCRAT FRIENDLY "Crews" and bloggers who have claimed to have had these IM's and Emails for months, and were holding them for an October Surprise. We have a war going on, and now we have Korea setting off NUCLEAR devices underground, among other things much more important than the Foley scandal.

The ONLY reason the left wants to continue this is because it is working. Why not get back to debating the real issues and let the investigations of the Foley stuff go on like they should. Foley is gone. Korea isn't, and I don't think they plan to move on either. What is more important to you? Oh, yea, winning the election by any means. Right. Real stand-up guy you are there.

And before you go spouting off about how it's not really about winning the election, but how important it is to have ethical people in office who don't go around covering up stuff, two words for you bud;

William Jefferson.

MaverickM11

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:20 pm

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 31):
Fat chance. This occurred on your boy's watch.

North Korea didn't exist before 2000? News to me  Silly.

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 31):
Nobody cares what the Dems think

And how do you think that's going to manifest itself at the polls? Anything regarding national security--good, bad or otherwise--tends to push the Republicans ahead in the polls.
E pur si muove -Galileo

MaverickM11

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:28 pm

As has been said, this is the GOP's problem.

All people will recognize is that they have absolutely no clue what the Democrats' position on the matter is, but they DO know the Republicans at least have a position. Even if this:

Clinton was very close to a disarmament agreement in 2000

were true, no one would remember. By the way, how on earth did you make that tidbit up?

[Edited 2006-10-09 16:38:51]
E pur si muove -Galileo

B777-700

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:49 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 33):
(1) Who covered it up?
(2) What is your proof that it's been covered up?

1) Hassert and other top Republicans
2) I seen interviews on the news w/ other Republicans that said they told them.

Were they really Dems in disguise? lol

It's been over a week now since this story broke, and there has been NO proof that anyone has covered anything up,

That's what the investigations will find out! Big grin

except for some issues of the DEMOCRAT FRIENDLY "Crews" and bloggers who have claimed to have had these IM's and Emails for months, and were holding them for an October Surprise.

Would you had preferred that it was kept a secret?

We have a war going on, and now we have Korea setting off NUCLEAR devices underground, among other things much more important than the Foley scandal.

Yea, like your kinds track record is impeccable on those issues.  Yeah sure

The ONLY reason the left wants to continue this is because it is working.

No, actually...it's to teach your kind some accountability. A trait that is sorely lacking with this administration.

What is more important to you? Oh, yea, winning the election by any means. Right. Real stand-up guy you are there.

This coming from the party responsible for the Swiftboating, the gay marriage issue, association a decorated veteran with bin Laden, and McCain's adopted child issues in South Carolina  Yeah sure

Whats the difference between those issues and Foley? Foleygate is not bullshit.

I'll be waiting for you to ask Karl Rove to resign.  Yeah sure

And before you go spouting off about how it's not really about winning the election, but how important it is to have ethical people in office who don't go around covering up stuff, two words for you bud;

William Jefferson.

...who has absolutely nothing to do with any of what's going on right now.

I refuse to talk about it. You want to talk about ANYTHING except your own kinds disgraces, which are effecting the country NOW, and will IN THE FUTURE.

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 35):
All people will recognize is that they have absolutely no clue what the Democrats' position on the matter is, but they DO know the Republicans at least have a position. Even if this:

Right...which is: Attack the countries that DONT have WMD's and who DIDNT provoke us.  Yeah sure

You guys are in full fledged panic mode...It's quite humorous to see! Big grin

GuitrThree

Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:14 am

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 36):
...who has absolutely nothing to do with any of what's going on right now.

We are talking about ethics in Congress. William Jefferson, is on tape, taking $100,000 in bribes. And you say this has absolutely nothing to do with any of what's going on right now? Really? Taking $100,000 in bribes isn't wrong? Taking $100,000 isn't unethical?

I refuse to talk about it.

Of course your not. Your like a little kid who takes his football home because the other kids don't like their rules. I'm not playing.. I refuse to play. You refuse to talk because you CAN'T. How on earth can you say things such as...

No, actually...it's to teach your kind some accountability. A trait that is sorely lacking with this administration.

...when there are people in the Democratic Party who are just as bad? Again, refuse to talk. Spoiled little kids argue like that too, ya know..

the gay marriage issue

How exactly is the "gay marriage issue" an October Surprise? You just hate it because it something the MAJORITY of the country supports that you don't. The gay marriage issue is an issue the Republicans also happen to support. Sorry if you don't like it, but that's the way it is. Oh yea, Democrats don't run on issues. Maybe that's why you thought the "gay marriage issue" was an October Surprise. You being a democrat, doesn't know what an issue is. You run on scandals and unproven claims of crimes (Carl Rove and Plamegate, The GWB Hurricane Katrina machine). Maybe if this Foley thing does happen to go away in the next week or two, as it turns out to be just like every other claim the Democrats and the big media have made, the issues really do emerge:

Democrats:

Pro-tax
Pro-abortion
Pro-Gay Marriage
Pro-abolish Wal*Mart
Pro-more taxes on big oil which = higher gas prices for you and me
Pro-government run health care
Pro-rights for terrorists (Gitmo, etc)
Pro-United Nations (and ALL THEIR SCANDALS, food for oil, weapons deals, sex deals, etc..)
ANTI-small business
ANTI-choice of schools
ANTI-holding schools accountable

etc, etc..

Yea.. that's a bunch of great issues to run on, you better keep running on these scandals because you wouldn't dare want these issues out there on the table..

[Edited 2006-10-09 17:23:31]

MaverickM11

Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:27 am

Right...which is: Attack the countries that DONT have WMD's and who DIDNT provoke us.

Passive agressive snipes don't win votes. One day the Democrats, and you, will realize that you might want to actually have a position on the issue other than "well at least we didn't do what they did". And when that happens we'll finally have a strong national debate on something.
E pur si muove -Galileo

B777-700

Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:58 am

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 37):
We are talking about ethics in Congress. William Jefferson, is on tape, taking $100,000 in bribes. And you say this has absolutely nothing to do with any of what's going on right now? Really? Taking $100,000 in bribes isn't wrong? Taking $100,000 isn't unethical?

No, we're talking about the "GOP Trying To Pull Dems Into Foley Scandal" That's what this thread is about. Again, you're trying to deflect.

Of course your not. Your like a little kid who takes his football home because the other kids don't like their rules. I'm not playing.. I refuse to play. You refuse to talk because you CAN'T. How on earth can you say things such as...

Nope, because you want to talk about anything but your own kinds embarrassments...Try to get them talking about something else, and back on the defensive....I won't participate.

...when there are people in the Democratic Party who are just as bad? Again, refuse to talk. Spoiled little kids argue like that too, ya know..

Uh huh...So some Dems have had issues too. Should we just let your guys slide?

How exactly is the "gay marriage issue" an October Surprise? You just hate it because it something the MAJORITY of the country supports that you don't.

I dont?

(Carl Rove and Plamegate, The GWB Hurricane Katrina machine).

Postalgate, white water, ect...blah blah blah...Get 'em talking about anything but Foley....

Pro-tax
Pro-abortion
Pro-Gay Marriage
Pro-abolish Wal*Mart
Pro-more taxes on big oil which = higher gas prices for you and me
Pro-government run health care
Pro-rights for terrorists (Gitmo, etc)
Pro-United Nations (and ALL THEIR SCANDALS, food for oil, weapons deals, sex deals, etc..)
ANTI-small business
ANTI-choice of schools
ANTI-holding schools accountable

You're not qualified to say what democrats stand for, you're a republican. You're list is laughable at best, slander at worst.

Yea.. that's a bunch of great issues to run on, you better keep running on these scandals because you wouldn't dare want these issues out there on the table..

LOL...You're pissing your pants. You can see the GOP crumbling and it makes you insecure. You guys are a riot.

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 38):
And when that happens we'll finally have a strong national debate on something.

Other than 'if you're not with us, you're against us'?  Yeah sure

Let's talk about Foley, please...you know, the subject of this thread? Why aren't you calling for investigations? Why aren't you concerned that your party let you down, and aren't what they claim to be?

I'm curious to hear your answers. I'm sure it'll all be Clinton's fault.  Yeah sure

MaverickM11

Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:45 am

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 39):
I'm sure it'll all be Clinton's fault

Well according to you he almost had a peace agreement with N. Korea so I guess anything is possible when you make it up  Silly

you know, the subject of this thread?

Now that you've got your sarcastic off-topic remarks out we can get back to the topic?

Why aren't you calling for investigations?

Investigation into what? That some guy has done nothing illegal other than send completely inappropriate messages and has since stepped down? Nonetheless there is an ongoing investigation.

Why aren't you concerned that your party let you down, and aren't what they claim to be?

MY party? What I said, and still believe, is that any loss from the Foley scandal will be reversed by the current North Korean crisis. If the Democrats are depending on the Foley scandal to push them ahead in the polls then I think they are going to be sorely disappointed.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Gilligan

Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:55 am

Or would you rather the people who covered it up...get away with it?

Let's see any evidence that anyone covered up anything. Nothing illegal in the emails and he was counseled on those. Hechose to continue the behaviour and when he was found out, he resigned since he knew he'd be kicked out if he didn't. Where's the cover up?

Your kind needs to be held accountable.

Sound more like your kind desperately wants some payback for the past 3 election cycles and you'll reach on anything to try and make it happen.

2) I seen interviews on the news w/ other Republicans that said they told them.

They were told about the emails as pointed out above.

Let's remember what was happening in 1994, a house bank where you could write checks with NSF's. A post office that would cash checks that bounced and hold them forever. Ghost employees ala Mary Rose Okar. Kick backs ala Dan Rostenkosky. The level of corruption in 1994 was far deeper than it is today although todays levels are still unacceptable.

AGM100

Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:59 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 40):
sorely disappointed.

Now would be the time for a serious DEM candiate to make a move. I want someone from the party to come out with a plan.

The FOLEY thing is ugly, and has weakend the GOP , but I still can not see any viable canadates on the other side.

For instance in order for me to not vote for the repuplican here in my district .. the DEM might want to work to get my vote. The problem is the DEM canidate is wacked out and only bitches about how bad the GOP is. They have no serious plan for border security and continue to use the
old " Comprehensive Plan" comment. The DEM canidate here is actually touting amnesty for example , this will not do much to get the swing vote from repulicans.
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

B777-700

Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:11 am

Quoting Gilligan (Reply 41):
Let's see any evidence that anyone covered up anything. Nothing illegal in the emails and he was counseled on those. Hechose to continue the behaviour and when he was found out, he resigned since he knew he'd be kicked out if he didn't. Where's the cover up?

That's what the investigations will find out. I already addressed this. let's not go around in circles, shall we?

Sound more like your kind desperately wants some payback for the past 3 election cycles and you'll reach on anything to try and make it happen.

Na, the neocons have gotten away with murder. (figurativly, but literally wouldn't surprise me either) It's time for justice to be done. Pure and simple.

Let's remember what was happening in 1994, a house bank where you could write checks with NSF's. A post office that would cash checks that bounced and hold them forever. Ghost employees ala Mary Rose Okar. Kick backs ala Dan Rostenkosky.

Uh huh. And what does that have to do with anything that's going on now?

AGM100

Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:21 am

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 43):
Uh huh. And what does that have to do with anything that's going on now?

Nothing really ,but it blows a 155mm hole though your only argument to vote against the GOP. Corruption.

You sound like you hate the other side so bad that you just vote "D' all the way down the ballot. And just what have the "NECONS" done to you that is so bad...? Please do tell....

ArtieFufkin

Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:34 am

Can you not see it's absurd to go back 20+ years to bring up examples of Dem corruption?

Nobody here is claiming Dems don't have bad apples. But I'd be happy to compare "today's" GOP legislators in trouble to your list of Dems TODAY.

The list would not be comparable in size or scope.

Stop shilling for GOP corruption. Do your party a favor and vote these clowns out.

B777-700

Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:37 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 44):
Nothing really ,but it blows a 155mm hole though your only argument to vote against the GOP.

Hahaha Hardly. I can list many reasons not to vote GOP, their current corruption not being at the top of the list.

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 44):
You sound like you hate the other side so bad that you just vote "D' all the way down the ballot. And just what have the "NECONS" done to you that is so bad...? Please do tell....

I think they're destroying my country...Isn't that bad enough?

ArtieFufkin

Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:42 am

Non partisan CREWs list of most corrupt lawmakers.

Note: GOP Cunningham and Ney don't make the list because their in prison or going to prison. Also Delay resigned but was censured and is still under investigaion. Also of course Foley out for sexual misconduct with minors.

The list is dominated by the GOP.

http://www.beyonddelay.org/report

AGM100

Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:45 am

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 46):
Hahaha Hardly. I can list many reasons not to vote GOP, their current corruption not being at the top of the list

OK this would be just the right time to do so. Not to vote for the GOP or ...why to vote for DEMS requires some thought... take your time.

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 46):
think they're destroying my country...Isn't that bad enough?

Hello ?? ... the US is destroyed ??!!! Had not noticed...

MaverickM11

Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:50 am

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 45):
Can you not see it's absurd to go back 20+ years to bring up examples of Dem corruption?

That's the last time they were in control  Silly
E pur si muove -Galileo