leigh pilgrim

Any Of You Do Triathlons?

Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:17 am

Hey all,

I watched (A while ago) the London Triathlon and got me interested, I currently do a heck amount of swimming and some biking, so I though after watching this, I would put my body through the ultimate, a mini triathlon!

1 mile swim
4 1/2 mile bike ride
1 1/2 mile run

This may not seem like much, but Im a beginner and hoping to increase it, only do this once a week, the rest of the week, I only do the swimming and some biking

Any of you do anything similar?

9V

RE: Any Of You Do Triathlons?

Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:21 am

Quoting Leigh pilgrim (Thread starter):

I think photographing one is about as close as I'd go! But if you can manage all that then you must be pretty fit.

greasespot

Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:25 am

This year was my 5th Ironman Lake placid.(4km swim/180km ride/42km run) Plus multiple local sprint and olympic ones.

I highly recomend racing them......When you finsh you feel awsome...

GS

[Edited 2006-10-07 22:26:37]
Sometimes all you can do is look them in the eye and ask " how much did your mom drink when she was pregnant with you?"

leigh pilgrim

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:07 am

Quoting Greasespot (Reply 2):

This year was my 5th Ironman Lake placid.(4km swim/180km ride/42km run) Plus multiple local sprint and olympic ones.

I highly recomend racing them......When you finsh you feel awsome...

GS

He Hey!!!! Ive heard about those, they make Tri Athletes look like wimps!!, how lond did it take you to complete (And well done to you my friend for achivening it!!)

usnseallt82

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:18 am

Any Of You Do Triathlons?

I've run several and am trying to do another one coming up this spring.

I agree with Greasespot...they are the best. One of the best ways to get and stay in shape. Good stuff.  yes  checkmark 
Crye me a river

greasespot

Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:46 am

First one ws 15:34 hours and the last was just over 13 hours...

My best sprint 750 swim/ 30km bike/5 km run time was 1:12 which won my age group and 3rd women over all

GS
Sometimes all you can do is look them in the eye and ask " how much did your mom drink when she was pregnant with you?"

DfwRevolution

Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:01 am

This may not seem like much, but Im a beginner and hoping to increase it, only do this once a week, the rest of the week, I only do the swimming and some biking

That's a great way to get involved with your first triathlon.

Now keep in mind, the general philosophy of triathlon training isn't to incorperate all three aspects into a single work-out. It's generally best to focus on one portion of the tri during a given work-out. Make your pool-time pool-time. Make your bike time bike time. Make your run-time run-time.

Every now and then, mix in a swim then bike, or a bike then run. These also help you practice the "transition."

Good luck though! They are very rewarding once you get active!

2H4

Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:11 pm

If it wasn't for the whole running part, I'd give tris a whirl....

What kinds of bikes do you all ride? What wheels and components are you using? What do you think of your setup?

2H4

Intentionally Left Blank

zippyjet

Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:13 pm

Quoting Greasespot (Reply 2):

Hey all,

I watched (A while ago) the London Triathlon and got me interested, I currently do a heck amount of swimming and some biking, so I though after watching this, I would put my body through the ultimate, a mini triathlon!

Good for both of you! Best of luck. Hats off to everyone else who is in tip top physical shape.

BTW, semi famous actress Alexandra Paul (one of the original Baywatch Babes)
actively competes and has done Ironman!

I'm Zippyjet & I approve of this message!

greasespot

Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:04 pm

I ride A Cervelo Carbon Solost with Ultegra Components. Rolf Vector Pro Wheels. I had a Cervelo P2 tri bike but the Aerobars only set-up was to limiting when it came to non tri events and group rides. So I use add on aerobars for long events.

GS

CPH-R

Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:35 pm

I used to do some mini-Triathlons a few years ago in school (basically, the last day leading up for fall break, all the schools in Denmark have a sports-day where the kids can sign up for different events) and thought they were pretty fun. Now I'm nowhere near fit enough to do it, but I'm currently trying to drop weight so I can start rollerskating again.

Also, someone mentioned Ironman further up - a few weeks ago I ready about the 10xIronman challenge: 30km swim, 1800km cycling & 421.95km run. Insane!  Wow!

greasespot

Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:29 pm

Quoting CPH-R (Reply 10):
10xIronman challenge: 30km swim, 1800km cycling & 421.95km run

eyepopping   eyepopping   eyepopping 

I did a 10 km swim marathon this summer and it killed my shoulder.........That is beyond insane...but at the same time i go hmmmmmmm  hyper   hyper 

gs

leigh pilgrim

Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:33 pm

Quoting 2H4 (Reply 7):
If it wasn't for the whole running part, I'd give tris a whirl....

What kinds of bikes do you all ride? What wheels and components are you using? What do you think of your setup?

2H4

That was the same attitude with me before I started, I had a bike and could swim, my fear was I could not run, but I soooo wanted to do it, so I made myself do it, and suprised myself when I managed it, but hey, I dont run, I jog, we've all got to start somewhere, I just believed in myself, something I failed to do as a kid, and did not so me any favours.

I try and do a little bit more each week, but not over do it

JGPH1A

Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:41 am

1 mile swim
4 1/2 mile bike ride
1 1/2 mile run

No. I own a car.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

voodoo

Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:59 am

The running and cycling I cd do... but swimming? I'd have to learn front-cawl from scratch! Anyone ever compete using some other swim stroke? Big grin
` Yeaah! Baade 152! Trabi of the Sky! '