TedTAce
Topic Author

Brilliant Update To The 419 /Nigerian Scam!

Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:58 am

Here is what was in my g-mail inbox this morning:

Quote:

GOOD DAY,FROM SGT JOHN FITTE (US ARMY IN IRAQ) Inbox

SergeantJohnFitte to me
More options 10:31 am (1 hour ago)

Sergeant John Fitte,
of D Company, 2nd Battalion,
22nd Infantry Regiment
Private E-mail contact:sgtjohnfitte_mil@myway.com

Good day,

I am Sergeant John Fitte, an American Soldier. I am serving in the US Army of D Company,2nd Battalion 22nd,Infantary Regiment, Iraq. I and my crew members discovered $100M USD in Baghdad, the Capital city of Iraq in April.Our Troops found $100m and 90m euros in 31 containers. We now managed to move away a total sum US$25 Million dollars cash out from the $100M USD, mostly 100-dollar bills and was quickly flown out of the warzone and deposited in an undisclosed finance company in UK, England. You can as well click on the site for more details about the funds.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm

Unfortunately,Some of my crew members have lost dear lives to the wicked Iraqi insurgents and myself sustained a serious injury which I have been receiving a treatment in a hospital for a long time now. "WE CONTACTED YOU NOW FOR YOU TO HELP US SIGN OFF THIS CONSIGNMENT IN A FINANCE COMPANY IN UK,ENGLAND"The fund is in one large silver box, using you
move this fund out of this finance company will help us, because we are still fully in service.

If you are interested I will send you the full details, my job is to find a good partner that we can trust and that will assist us. Can I trust you?

When you receive this letter, kindly send me an e-mail signifying your interest including your most confidential telephone/fax numbers for quick communication also your contact details. This businessis risk free. The box can be shipped out in 48hrs.

In God We Trust
Sgt John

I'm all for supporting the troops, but this is fricking ridiculous.
The linked story appears to be true, but the rest of this e-mail is  redflag 
This space intentionally left blank

Kieron747

RE: Brilliant Update To The 419 /Nigerian Scam!

Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:02 am

Quoting TedTAce (Thread starter):
company in UK, England

I'm not sure I've been to UK, England.  Wink

What a complete load of tosh!

Kieron747
Airliners.Net - The Jam Rag Of The Web.

aa61hvy

Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:04 am

US Army of D Company,2nd Battalion 22nd,Infantary Regiment

I don't know much about the military at all, but does this 'group' or whatever the term is actually exist? (I know the email is phony)
Go big or go home

FlyingTexan

Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:07 am

"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

JGPH1A

Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:31 am

You'd think for this kind of scam, they'd at least hire someone who can write rudimentary English to draft the thing. It's hilarious !
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

searpqx

Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:23 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 4):
You'd think for this kind of scam, they'd at least hire someone who can write rudimentary English to draft the thing. It's hilarious !

Thats the part that gets me. If you're going to take the time to set this kind of scam up, couldn't you at least find a native english speaker? It also doesn't say much for the inevitable few that let their greed overcome their common sense.
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

PlymSpotter

Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:35 am

I'm currently teasing one of these scammers. They replied to an ad I submitted, saying they were prepared to send me a cheque for £3000 for my Camera if I'd pay them £2500 first  Yeah sure

They bit the bait, but sadly I've told them that I've just become terminally ill and will requite them to send me the £3000 first, I am keenly waiting on their reply Wink

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

Pope

Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:46 am

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 6):
I'm currently teasing one of these scammers. They replied to an ad I submitted, saying they were prepared to send me a cheque for £3000 for my Camera if I'd pay them £2500 first

They bit the bait, but sadly I've told them that I've just become terminally ill and will requite them to send me the £3000 first, I am keenly waiting on their reply

Be careful about giving them anything tracable to you. A recent article I read said that the Nigerian gangs had contacts in the US that show up at target's houses and physically terrorize people and bully them into compliance. The FBI has several active investigations going on into such events.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

AirWillie6475

Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:54 am

Well obviously this is not meant for ordinary people and they know that. They're hoping for grandmothers and people from rural places to get this email.

PlymSpotter

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:49 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 7):
Be careful about giving them anything tracable to you. A recent article I read said that the Nigerian gangs had contacts in the US that show up at target's houses and physically terrorize people and bully them into compliance. The FBI has several active investigations going on into such events.

One GMail address is all they have of mine, I don't give out personal data at all. Thanks for the heads up though,

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

vikkyvik

Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:10 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm

I seem to recall reading in another thread that this "http://news.bbc.co.uk" website is not an actual BBC website....I forget what the other thread was though.

Therefore, I'd assume the story is false too.

EDIT: Eh, looks like I'm wrong.

[Edited 2006-10-12 00:12:32]
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

aaflt1871

Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:16 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 4):
they'd at least hire someone who can write rudimentary English to draft the thing

Sergeant

US Army

Nuff said, it could be true. Have you ever met a Sgt in the Army?  silly 
Where did everybody go?

kaddyuk

Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:30 am

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 10):
http://news.bbc.co.uk

No, that is the real link to the BBC News Website...
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

exarmywarrant

Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:50 am

Quoting AAFLT1871 (Reply 11):
Nuff said, it could be true. Have you ever met a Sgt in the Army?

Have you?? Or have you gotten all of your information from Beetle Bailey cartoons?

aaflt1871

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:59 am

Quoting Exarmywarrant (Reply 13):
Have you?? Or have you gotten all of your information from Beetle Bailey cartoons?

Why yes I have, seeing I am an ex marine. I have met my fair share. Obviously you failed to read into the fact it was a joke.

P.S Welcome to Non Av
Where did everybody go?

mandala499

Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:59 pm

One scammer from Nigeria with the initials of "T-K" keeps calling my house, which was used as an office by my and some colleagues last year. We construed a reply letter last year, which asked them to explain many things (did so on company letterhead), and he started calling our office. In the end we wrote that his manners were inexcusable in trying to harrass us into agreeing, and we wrote a "NO WE'RE NOT INTERESTED", with that, the emails stopped, but the phonecalls didn't.

In the end we challenged him to come to Jakarta and meet us to express his seriousness. After he tried to dig about the arrangements to meet, he backed out and the phonecalls stopped. (We made a very believable scenario that he would be quite scared about).

There's another Liechtenstein 419 scam running around a few years back. Got my secretary's best mate, and they transferred her some money to "prove" their seriousness. But they wanted to get more details in exchange, told her to enjoy the 10k USD and get a lawyer to prevent loosing 100k! LOL!

Mandala499
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !