zippyjet

Natalie Holloway Tragedy; Where Are We?

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:21 am

North Korea nukes, lecherous politicos with tastes for underage boys; it is obvious why the tragic Natalie Holloway story has fallen out of fashion with the press! Any updates? Is the investigation still going? Results of the investigation? How is Natalies family doing?

I'm Zippyjet & I approve of this message!

TedTAce

RE: Natalie Holloway Tragedy; Where Are We?

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:18 am

Personally this one gets the GAF-o-meter from me.

The chick is ancient history, those who really know aren't talking and the police haven't been able to convince anyone they know what they are doing.

This case will almost certainly never be solved and it's a waste of time for 'mere' mortals talking on a aviation site to ponder otherwise.
This space intentionally left blank

GQfluffy

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:37 am

It's sad, and no, she didn't deserve any of what happened to her, but honestly, I think she was a wee bit on the stupid side....
This isn't where I parked my car...

Aeroflot777

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:54 am

The only reason this whole story about her was constantly in the news is because her parents are probably rich as hell. They just had enough money to keep it rolling. Personally, I'm going with TedTAce on this one. People disappear randomly everywhere once in a while. But the way this story was kept in the papers for so long, made it very annoying and irritating. I mean unfortunately Natalee is gone. That's it. Nothing more too it. Trying to make this into a topic as big as 9/11 is stupid.

Aeroflot777

Mir

Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:17 am

Quoting Zippyjet (Thread starter):

We've moved on with life.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

deltagator

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:01 am

Quoting Aeroflot777 (Reply 3):
The only reason this whole story about her was constantly in the news is because her parents are probably rich as hell. They just had enough money to keep it rolling.

I don't think it was so much their wealth that kept it going. I wouldn't consider Laci Peterson's family super wealthy and look how long that one was in the news.

I've been asking for years what about the ugly kids that get kidnapped or the ugly women that disappear or killed by their husbands/boyfriends. Sex sells and pretty blond Alabama girls named Natalie go a lot longer in the press than frizzy haired girls named Shaquondra from South Central LA.

It's a sad fact but that's how the world works these days.

On the back burner because this chick is now missing... http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,220143,00.html
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

ANCFlyer

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:48 am

Natalie Holloway is still somewhere in Venezuela or Colombia or Equador being kept doped up and pleasing her new master at his whim . . . . or being "loaded out" by him to please others . . . it's a sad story, but it happens . . .

Hell, she may have even been shipped off to some other far foreign land to do the same, not even in this hemisphere any longer.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Bobster2

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:49 am

You want to see something funny? Google "Natalie Holloway".
"I tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn." Jim Morrison

stlgph

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:13 pm

Apparently some A.Netters are amassing in Birmingham in a few weeks to train and form a second search party wave. Some of the training includes weaponry and building a tolerance for an island where alcoholic beverages is the safest form of consumption.

I'll be very busy at Sak's making sure we do it in style.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

IAH777

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:15 pm

Where Are We?

So far over it, I have to ask, "Natalee who?"

Lucky42

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:49 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 1):
The chick is ancient history, those who really know aren't talking and the police haven't been able to convince anyone they know what they are doing.

As crude as this is I think he is correct.........A death of your child is hard enough but not knowing what really happened must be torture for this family.

NeilYYZ

Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:37 pm

It's very sad, but I bet she's shark bait long ago.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

ltbewr

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:43 pm

No body = no way to determine what may have happened. Far too many people make very bad judgements at home or in what they believe to be a safe place like Aruba. Aruba has maybe 1-2 murders a year, probably most from domestic violence, not upon tourists so one could let their guard down figuring that nothing will happen to you. A woman missing or killed and from a low income rural or urban area is stereotypically seen as a victim of domestic/boyfrend violence, drug related, street or gang violence or crime. Usually you either got a murderer or you don't have enough evidence or witnesses to the act (most potential in low income locations witnesses will ignore as may not want to be victim themselves)
You also had a person 18 years old consuming alcohol in a place where the legal age is 18 and from a place (the USA states) where it is 21. Just because someone is 18 and the drinking age is that doesn't mean they are of sufficient experience or judgment as to alcohol use.
The lessons from this loss should be that even if you are 18, that doesn't mean you can drink and get drunk even if is legal. One must show responsibility including having designated non-drinker in a group to try to make sure others in their group are not potential victims of potential criminals, that they don't over drink to the point of causing injury or death. Each person, especially women, shouldn't put themselves at high risk situations like tourist bars and so on too. Yes, that means a lot less fun in on way, but it does show responsibility and wanting a long life.

halls120

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:48 pm

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 11):
It's very sad, but I bet she's shark bait long ago.

I concur. The abduction theory is plausible, but not likely.

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 12):
You also had a person 18 years old consuming alcohol in a place where the legal age is 18 and from a place (the USA states) where it is 21. Just because someone is 18 and the drinking age is that doesn't mean they are of sufficient experience or judgment as to alcohol use.

Add to the above the fact that the place she was last seen was somewhat notorious - when my daughter and her husband honeymooned there two years ago, the proprietor of their resort warned them about giving that bar a wide berth, due to all the drug dealing and pickpocketing that went on inside.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

NeilYYZ

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:07 pm

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 13):
I concur. The abduction theory is plausible, but not likely.

Could have been abduction, rape, murder or a combination of all three. No doubt, very tragic. However, on that island, I believe it's the North side, it's been a couple of years since I was there last, the surf is unbelievable, you could toss a body in there and I'm sure it would just get washed out to sea. It's all rocks and waves crashing into the shore, so even if they did search there, I'm not sure you could ever really get to all of it, unless they had some brave divers!
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

zippyjet

Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:25 pm

This case will almost certainly never be solved and it's a waste of time for 'mere' mortals talking on a aviation site to ponder otherwise.

It's in the non-aviation forum.

Mir

Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:56 pm

Quoting Zippyjet (Reply 15):

It's in the non-aviation forum.

I don't think he's questioning whether this is in the correct forum as much as questioning whether it's worth the time for a group of aviation fans such as us to be putting the thought into the matter or not.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

zippyjet

Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:58 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 16):
I don't think he's questioning whether this is in the correct forum as much as questioning whether it's worth the time for a group of aviation fans such as us to be putting the thought into the matter or not.

True, it all may seem non relevant. But, one never knows; by discussing it, one never knows that there is the outside chance someone will remember something that may resolve this.