NWDC10
Topic Author

(10 Things) Your Congressman Won't Tell You

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:53 pm

ANCFlyer

RE: (10 Things) Your Congressman Won't Tell You

Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:48 pm

I sure as hell hope this isn't a revelation there Robert . . . if it is, you missed the boat somewhere . . .

1. "I can't lose." Not necessarily, ask Tom Daschle.

2. "I'm above the law." Only until they get caught, ask Tom Delay, or your next door neighbor.

3. "Read the bills I vote on? Who's got that kind of time?" Of course not - why do you think there is a STAFF?!

4. "Congress is just a stepping stone to big money — in lobbying." No kidding? Who'd have thunk it. Either coming from or going to Big $$$ . . .

5. "My health care benefits are way better than yours..." With a private wing at Bethesda NMC to boot!

6. "...and so is my pension." Good for life, no SS for these losers, and it covers the spousal unit too.

7. "I enjoy great perks and gifts, and it's all legal." Free Parking, Special Lot at DCA, blah, blah . . . this is not news.

8. "I simply can't be fired." Right, ask Mr. Jefferson from New Orleans, $100K in his pocket (errrm, I mean in his freezer) and he's still on the J O B.

9. "Lobbyists love me because I deliver the goods." Just another version of asskissing . . . it happens everywhere, it's just bigger when it's on The Hill.

10. "Rules are meant to be broken." Or changed at a whim to suit one's position. . .

Nothing new here . . .  yawn 

Next?
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

strasserb

RE: (10 Things) Your Congressman Won't Tell You

Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:56 pm

1. &
2. &
3. &
4. &
5. &
6. &
7. &
8. the pass codes of his bank accounts in ZRH, Swiss

9. the supplier of his cigars

10. ... the mobile number of Monika L.

Nothing new here as well.
Still, even in the most arid desert is an airport somewhere ...