Slovacek747
Topic Author

Bevo The Longhorn Mascot Died

Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:23 am

As a longhorn I am saddened by the loss of the coolest mascot in sports.. BEVO our bull was 22 years old and apparently died of old age. I wonder if they have one ready to replace him...RIP Bevo.. must say he was pretty studly standing on the sidelines at the football games.

Slovacek747

DfwRevolution

RE: Bevo The Longhorn Mascot Died

Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:30 am

Quoting Slovacek747 (Thread starter):
BEVO our bull was 22 years old and apparently died of old age.

WHOOOOP  tombstone   thumbsup 

I wonder if they have one ready to replace him..

This 13-0 had already be retired.

t.u. has a stock of them ready for succession

RIP Bevo.. must say he was pretty studly standing on the sidelines at the football games.

Hardly... it's a big smelly cow on enough tranquilizers to sedate a rhinoceros

AirCop

Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:32 am

I believe that was Bevo XIII that retired in 2004 that past away. Bevo XIV is still on the job.

FlyingTexan

Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:36 am

Quoting AirCop (Reply 2):
I believe that was Bevo XIII that retired in 2004 that past away

Yea, Bevo XIII retired in '04. XIV is on the job.

Big D Morning sNews - Bevo XIII dies
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

TedTAce

Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:31 am

Sounds like it's time to fire up the grill Big grin
This space intentionally left blank

IAH777

Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:26 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 4):
Sounds like it's time to fire up the grill

checkmark  I'll take mine still twitchin', Cookie! I want that sumbitch so rare an Aggie vet could bring it back!  yummy 

FlyUSCG

Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:54 pm

the coolest mascot in sports

A bull that sits on the sideline is definitely NOT the coolest mascot in sports (and we'll just keep it to college for now). I believe it is CU Boulder that has a buffalo (or bison) that they bring to the games and they actually let run down the middle of the field (definitely cooler). Then there is USC, a pristine white horse with a mounted Trojan soldier armed in full armor. I'm sure there are other examples but those are the only ones I can think of right now. So it basically boils down to you guys having a single head of cattle with some big horns that sits in a little 10X10 cage at games as a mascot, not to impressive.

(this is of course all in good fun and sporting rivalry)
Go Trojans! Fight On!

Longhornmaniac

Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:26 pm

Quoting FlyUSCG (Reply 6):
A bull that sits on the sideline is definitely NOT the coolest mascot in sports (and we'll just keep it to college for now). I believe it is CU Boulder that has a buffalo (or bison) that they bring to the games and they actually let run down the middle of the field (definitely cooler). Then there is USC, a pristine white horse with a mounted Trojan soldier armed in full armor. I'm sure there are other examples but those are the only ones I can think of right now. So it basically boils down to you guys having a single head of cattle with some big horns that sits in a little 10X10 cage at games as a mascot, not to impressive.

(this is of course all in good fun and sporting rivalry)

Sounds like somebody's still sore after Jan. 4th?  Wink (again, a good humored joke) But, Bevo definately does not sit in a 10x10 cage, nor any cage, for that matter. He is a wonderful mascot, and right up there with the best, although personally, I think he is the best. (but I'm not biased at all  Wink) Lady the Baylor Bear, the Auburn War Eagle, Ralphie the Colorado Buffalo (awesome name for a Buffalo, if you ask me!), and let's not forget about all the other 4 legged mascots, Smokey the Blue Tick Coon Hound (Tennesee Volunteers), UGA the Georgia Bulldog, and Reveille, the loyal Aggie collie. (Although it is a little retarded that a dog can be a 5 star general in the Corps, and refering to her as "Ms. Rev, ma'am").

Hook'em Horns!

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

FlyUSCG

Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:31 pm

Quoting Longhornmaniac (Reply 7):
But, Bevo definately does not sit in a 10x10 cage,

Thats what I saw him in when I was at the game in jan. So I was just talking in terms of how he appears at the games. Am I wrong about this? If so, how do you guys keep him under control at the games?
Go Trojans! Fight On!

IAH777

Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:33 pm

Quoting FlyUSCG (Reply 8):
how do you guys keep him under control at the games?

Ludes, mostly.