cedars747

Is This What Bothers Israel?

Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:38 pm

I was surfing the web and found this DVD about Beirut Airport after years of war and the amazing effort to put it on the world map again.Suddenly came to my mind the last events of the 35 days conflict and a simple question.Is This What Israel dont like to see?
http://www.henrytenby.com/DVDPreview...BeirutAirportDVDAirlineHobbycom.rm

Alex!!!

[Edited 2006-10-15 15:56:10]
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion !لدي شغف للطيران !I have a passion for aviation !Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart!j'ai

krasof

RE: Is This What Bothers Israel?

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:11 pm

I´m sure you know more than that !! Unless, of course, a couple of employees from Beirut´s airport kidnapped those Isareli soldiers !!!!  Wink

dtwclipper

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:36 pm

Quoting Cedars747 (Thread starter):
.Suddenly came to my mind the last events of the 35 days conflict and a simple question.Is This What Israel dont like to see?

I think your entire thesis here is pretty lame, and to be honest not even up to your standards.

If you really believe this, then you are really in pretty bad shape.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

SInGAPORE_AIR

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:44 pm

Was an airliners.net member narrating that?
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

cedars747

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:48 pm

Quoting Krasof (Reply 2):
I´m sure you know more than that !! Unless, of course, a couple of employees from Beirut´s airport kidnapped those Isareli soldiers !!!!

ISRAEL & BEY.......Just a coincidence or an old strategy

Beirut international airport 22 July 1968

38 years later........still the same story !
Alex!!!
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion !لدي شغف للطيران !I have a passion for aviation !Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart!j'ai

krasof

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:51 pm

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 5):
SRAEL & BEY.......Just a coincidence or an old strategy

Poor lad, I guess you have some catching up to do on history and politics...your rationale is pretty basic for a guy your age

cedars747

Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:06 am

Another coincidence , I was 4 years old during my visit to Lebanon under the Israeli attack on Beirut airport in July 1968;same age of my son "4 years" during his first visit to Bey under Israeli attack in July 2006
Alex!!!

dtwclipper

Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:05 am

In 1968, Israeli commandos landed at Beirut airport and blew up 13 Lebanese airliners in retaliation for Arab militants firing on an Israeli airliner in Athens, Greece. That's the connection. If LY had not been attacked, then BEY would not have been attacked.

cedars747

Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:07 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 7):
If LY had not been attacked, then BEY would not have been attacked.

Ah,ok ....LY was attacked by MEA Pilots  Confused  Confused  Confused
Alex!!!

ShyFlyer

Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:17 am

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 6):
Another coincidence , I was 4 years old during my visit to Lebanon under the Israeli attack on Beirut airport in July 1968;same age of my son "4 years" during his first visit to Bey under Israeli attack in July 2006

So, it appears you are the link then. Stop visiting our country!!

Signed,
Lebanon
I lift things up and put them down.

cedars747

Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:27 am

Quoting ShyFlyer (Reply 9):
So, it appears you are the link then. Stop visiting our country!!

I doubt your country is Lebanon;Lebanese dont talk like that ! Anyway ,and for your information,i am half Lebanese
Alex!!!

ShyFlyer

Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:35 am

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 10):
I doubt your country is Lebanon;

You missed this part, it seems:

Quoting ShyFlyer (Reply 9):
Signed,
Lebanon

It was a joke. Calm down.  Wink
I lift things up and put them down.

cedars747

Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:48 am

Quoting ShyFlyer (Reply 11):
It was a joke. Calm down.

I see,I have a better joke for you

A friend in Beirut sent this. She says, "Abul Abed is a folk hero in jokes. He is a Sunni Beiruti."

Olmert was sitting in his office wondering how to invade Lebanon when his telephone rang.

"Hallo, Mr. Olmert!" a heavily accented voice said. "This is Abul Abed, down at the tea house in Beirut! I am callin' to tell ya dat we are officially declaring war on you, yes you!"

"Well" Olmert replied, "This is indeed important news! How big is your army?"

"Right now," said Abul Abed, after a moment's calculation "there is myself, my cousin Mustafa, me next-door-neighbor Abou Khaled, and the whole team from the tea house. That makes eight!"

Olmert paused. "I must tell you Abul Abed, that I have one million men in my army waiting to move on my command."

"Holy jeez," said Abul Abed. "I'll have to call ya back!" Sure enough, the next day, Abul Abed called again. "Mr. Olmert, the war is still on! We have managed to acquire some infantry equipment!"

"And what equipment would that be Abul Abed?" Olmert asked. "Well sir, we have two Mercedes 180, and a truck."

Olmert sighed. "I must tell you Abul Abed, that I have 16,000 tanks and 14,000 armored personnel carriers. Also I've increased my army to one and a half million since we last spoke."

"Ya lateeeeef", said Abul Abed, "I'll be getting back to ya." Sure enough, Abul Abed rang again the next day. "Mr. Olmert, the war is still on! We have managed to get ourselves airborne! We modified a helicopter with a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four more neighbors have joined us as well!"

Olmert was silent for a minute then cleared his throat. "I must tell you Abul Abed that I have 10,000 bombers and 20,000 fighter planes. My military complex is surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air missile sites. And since we last spoke, I've increased my army to TWO MILLION!"

"Lah lah lah lah," said Abul Abed, "I'll have to call you back."

Sure enough, Abul Abed called again the next day. "Olmert I am sorry to have to tell you dat we have had to call off this war."

"I'm sorry to hear that" said Olmert. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Well, sir," said Abul Abed, "we've all sat ourselves down and had a long chat, and come to realize there's no way we can feed two million prisoners."

LEBANESE CONFIDENCE CANNOT BE SHAKEN!
Alex!!!

7474ever

Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:17 am

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 12):
LEBANESE CONFIDENCE CANNOT BE SHAKEN!

You don't want to find out about that, believe me. Me neither...

cedars747

Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:46 am

Quoting 7474ever (Reply 13):

Je ne comprend pas  crazy 
Alex!!!

N1120A

Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:50 am

In 1968, Israeli commandos landed at Beirut airport and blew up 13 Lebanese airliners in retaliation for Arab militants firing on an Israeli airliner in Athens, Greece. That's the connection.

Hmmm, random Arab militants shoot at a SINGLE Israeli airliner, so Israel blows up THIRTEEN Lebanese airliners. Both acts of terrorism if you ask me, only one was much larger.

If LY had not been attacked, then BEY would not have been attacked.

Oh please. How about you stop making like an Ostrich for once and direct some criticism where it is due.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

7474ever

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:22 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 15):
Hmmm, random Arab militants shoot at a SINGLE Israeli airliner, so Israel blows up THIRTEEN Lebanese airliners. Both acts of terrorism if you ask me, only one was much larger.

And how many people died when those 13 airliners were blown up ?

N1120A

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:23 am

Quoting 7474ever (Reply 16):
And how many people died when those 13 airliners were blown up ?

And how much economic loss was caused?

7474ever

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:24 am

You compare economic loss to people's lives ?

qr332

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:25 am

Quoting 7474ever (Reply 13):

You guys have already tried that and found out that the Lebanese will hardly be shaken unless you nuke them out of existence. I have never seen a people go through so much yet hold on so tightly to their country and lifestyle.
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

N1120A

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:27 am

Quoting 7474ever (Reply 18):

No, I was noting that there was loss. Besides, how many Lebanese died this year?

7474ever

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:31 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 19):

You guys have already tried that and found out that the Lebanese will hardly be shaken unless you nuke them out of existence. I have never seen a people go through so much yet hold on so tightly to their country and lifestyle.

Maybe you're right, but it seems to me that a whole country is hijacked by an organisation that runs a state within a state. Now, in this situation what is "their country and lifestyle" ? I only see a deeply divided country.

qr332

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:36 am

Funny you'd say that, considering how many innocent people you guys killed off just this summer.

Quoting 7474ever (Reply 21):
Maybe you're right, but it seems to me that a whole country is hijacked by an organisation that runs a state within a state. Now, in this situation what is "their country and lifestyle" ? I only see a deeply divided country.

The whole country is hardly hijacked, Hezbollah does go further than it should but then again it was formed for a reason, and has a large amount of support.

Lebanon is indeed deeply divided, but that does not mean that they do not have an identity and a lifestyle - and when it comes to this lifestyle, the Lebanese can easily put politics aside and enjoy their time. During the civil war, people still partied, people still went to cafes and resturants and people still lived their life as much as they can. Today, the best of friends can be bitterly divided on politics, and still get along. The Lebanon of today is divided, but not as divided as that of twenty or thirty years ago.
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

cedars747

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:39 am

Quoting 7474ever (Reply 21):

Look 7474ever,this joke will show you the real problem that Lebanon has to deal with for the eternity

The Creation of Lebanon
On the sixth day God turned to the Angels and said: " Today I am going to create a land called Lebanon. It will be a land of outstanding natural beauty. It shall have tall majestic mountains full of snow, beautifully sparkly rivers cutting through forests full of all kind of trees, high cliffs overlooking sandy beaches with an abundance of sea life."

God continued, "I shall make the land rich to make the inhabitants prosper. I shall call these inhabitants Lebanese, and they shall be known as the most friendly people on Earth"

"But Lord," asked the Angels, "don't you think you are being too generous to these Lebanese? Isn't it unfair for the rest of the world?"

"Not really," replied God. "Just wait and see the neighbors I am going to give them."
Alex!!!

7474ever

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:46 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 22):
Funny you'd say that, considering how many innocent people you guys killed off just this summer.

What about over thousand israelis that lost their lives in the past 6 years ? Simply because they're israelis.

Quoting QR332 (Reply 22):
The whole country is hardly hijacked, Hezbollah does go further than it should but then again it was formed for a reason, and has a large amount of support.

Maybe it does. But a state within a state ???!!! With it's own army, education etc ?! That holds 20.000 rockets and missiles ?! For self-defense ?! Is that the lebanese lifestyle you're talking about ? Well, Iran and Syria pulls the strings in the background.

7474ever

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:57 am

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 23):
"Just wait and see the neighbors I am going to give them."

I would also prefer scandinavian neighbours around us instead of the current ones...
 Big grin

cedars747

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:03 am

Quoting 7474ever (Reply 25):
I would also prefer scandinavian neighbours around us instead of the current ones...

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl  what a coincidence,that's why i live in Scandinavia Big grin
Alex!!!

7474ever

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:12 am

I've noticed that.  Wink

dtwclipper

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:19 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 15):
direct some criticism where it is due.

Ok, I think the entire thesis of this thread is asinine.

Israel sees lots of tourists going to BEY, so they bomb the airport....how dumb is that?

Israel WANTS to increase tourism to the entire area, and whenever there is trouble all sides loose!

So short end of the stick....grow up!

cedars747

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:33 am

Quoting 7474ever (Reply 27):
I've noticed that.

I hope one day ,we can live harmoniously in the Middle east just like Scandinavian neighbours  Wink
Alex!!!

bravo45

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:40 am

Quoting Krasof (Reply 1):
I´m sure you know more than that !! Unless, of course, a couple of employees from Beirut´s airport kidnapped those Isareli soldiers !!!!

Yea! Damn those BEY employees for kidnapping Israeli soldiers.  Yeah sure

Quoting Krasof (Reply 5):
Poor lad, I guess you have some catching up to do on history and politics...

No, not him, you need to for sure.

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 8):
Ah,ok ....LY was attacked by MEA Pilots

Don't you know that? lol

Okay lets talk about this latest conflict: What do you wanna talk about? Economic loss or life loss??

qr332

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:42 am

Quoting 7474ever (Reply 24):
What about over thousand israelis that lost their lives in the past 6 years ? Simply because they're israelis.

Again, nothing compared to the 4,000+ Palestinians, who are mostly civilian, and the conditions millions are living in due the continued occupation, bombing, attacks and blockades.

Quoting 7474ever (Reply 24):
Maybe it does. But a state within a state ???!!! With it's own army, education etc ?! That holds 20.000 rockets and missiles ?! For self-defense ?! Is that the lebanese lifestyle you're talking about ? Well, Iran and Syria pulls the strings in the background.

This is hardly the Lebanese lifestyle I am talking about, Lebanon did not and still does not have the power to keep Hezbollah in line. Lebanon is a very complex country that still hasn't completley recovered from its civil war, if the weak and small Lebanese army tried to confront Hezbollah all hell would break loose. And Syria and Iran hardly pull the strings, although it is interesting how often this gets thrown around in the US and Israeli media.

7474ever

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:42 am

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 29):
I hope one day ,we can live harmoniously in the Middle east just like Scandinavian neighbours
Alex!!!

I hope so, but I'm afraid we'll see Darth Vader invading Luxemburg before that happens...  biggrin 

cedars747

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:44 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 28):
So short end of the stick....grow up!

The airport symbolise the prosperity of the country.....so short end of the stick......and essentially grow up !
Alex!!!

qr332

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:45 am

Quoting 7474ever (Reply 32):
I hope so, but I'm afraid we'll see Darth Vader invading Luxemburg before that happens... biggrin

rotfl  Most of us would just settle for leaving each other alone at this point, I think living like Scandanavian neighbours is pushing it.

cedars747

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:59 am

Quoting 7474ever (Reply 32):
I hope so, but I'm afraid we'll see Darth Vader invading Luxemburg before that happens...

Anyways ,i am sure that people wishing for peace exist in both parties,so let's hope for the best.
Alex!!!

7474ever

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:01 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 31):
Again, nothing compared to the 4,000+ Palestinians, who are mostly civilian, and the conditions millions are living in due the continued occupation, bombing, attacks and blockades.

If the palestinians have the same military power as we do there would be no Israel nor jews.

Emirates773ER

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:05 am

Quoting 7474ever (Reply 36):
If the palestinians have the same military power as we do there would be no Israel nor jews.

Then I should remind you that there would be no Palestine as well if it were not for the international community.
The Truth is Out There ---- Face It!!!!!

7474ever

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:09 am

Quoting Emirates773er (Reply 37):
Then I should remind you that there would be no Palestine as well if it were not for the international community.

Maybe. But they would be palestinians at least. If it was the other way around, all the jews would've been throwen into the sea. That's what they say since 1948.

cedars747

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:13 am

Quoting Emirates773er (Reply 37):

Than i should remind you that there would be no reaction from the international community if it were not for the Palestinian hijackings of the sixties and seventies  yes 
Alex!!!

cedars747

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:26 am

Quoting 7474ever (Reply 38):
Maybe. But they would be palestinians at least. If it was the other way around, all the jews would've been throwen into the sea. That's what they say since 1948.

I am sure they dont mean what they say.Try to understand them,deal with them and try to give them back some of their rights and dignity .Only than you will realise that Palestinians and Arabs in general are the most generous and forgiving people on earth
Alex!!!

dtwclipper

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:22 am

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 33):
The airport symbolise the prosperity of the country.....

I'm still trying to understand what your point was?

The airport was prosperous so the Israel bombed it?

That makes no sense what so ever....even for you.

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 40):
Only than you will realise that Palestinians and Arabs in general are the most generous and forgiving people on earth

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

speedbird747BA

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:42 am

Listen close Cedars747, evil people started all of this. Hitler never should have killed 6000000 jews. And evil people continue it. Israel rarely goes actively on the offensive unless provoced, and I think that Israel was provoked enough to do a HELL of alot more damage to Lebanon thatn it did. Hezbollah never should ahve taken the 2 soldiers. Hezbollah moved first. AND DONT YOU EVEN START ON THE PALESTINIANS!!!!!!!!!! The palestinians and the PLO committed more genocide than me, you, or anyone reading this can! For goodness sakes, by attacking Israel, you endorse the group that once blew up a pizza parlor in Tel Aviv killing many children!!! You, Lebanon, Hezbollah, Iraq, Iran, Syria, and many others are lucky Israel is as tolerant as they are!!!!
Dont take this the wrong way.

Cheers,
Kyle
How long do I have to climb, up on the side of this mountain of mine?

N1120A

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:47 am

Quoting Speedbird747BA (Reply 42):
Israel rarely goes actively on the offensive unless provoced

Yeah, right

The palestinians and the PLO committed more genocide than me, you, or anyone reading this can!

And Ariel Sharon?

I think you probably want us to take it the wrong way, because taking it the right way makes you look rather bad.

dtwclipper

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:51 am

Israel rarely goes actively on the offensive unless provoced, and I think that Israel was provoked enough to do a HELL of alot more damage to Lebanon thatn it did. Hezbollah never should ahve taken the 2 soldiers. Hezbollah moved first. AND DONT YOU EVEN START ON THE PALESTINIANS!!!!!!!!!! The palestinians and the PLO committed more genocide than me, you, or anyone reading this can! For goodness sakes, by attacking Israel, you endorse the group that once blew up a pizza parlor in Tel Aviv killing many children!!! You, Lebanon, Hezbollah, Iraq, Iran, Syria, and many others are lucky Israel is as tolerant as they are!!!!

exactly!  checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

speedbird747BA

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:53 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 43):
Yeah, right

3 examples pls.

And Ariel Sharon?

3 examples pls.

I think you probably want us to take it the wrong way, because taking it the right way makes you look rather bad.

I meant dont take this as an insult or a personal act of dislike.

Cheers,
Kyle

speedbird747BA

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:54 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 44):

Thank you!!! you are going on my RU pal.

Cheers,
Kyle

jutes85

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:03 am

oops, double post

[Edited 2006-10-16 03:04:35]
nothing

jutes85

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:03 am

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 40):
Only than you will realise that Palestinians and Arabs in general are the most generous and forgiving people on earth

http://xs207.xs.to/xs207/06416/wiq043.gif

Arabs and the words generous and forgiving should NEVER be used in the same sentence. You are delusional.
nothing

speedbird747BA

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:09 am

Quoting Jutes85 (Reply 48):

Thats terrible.  rotfl 

Cheers,
Kyle