lehpron

Are Most Foods Packed At Sea Level?

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:00 pm

Being at 5,000 feet, it just seems whenever I open up a bag of chips or a Yoplait yogurt cup, the contents want to fly out.
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

Klaus

RE: Are Most Foods Packed At Sea Level?

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:07 pm

Quoting Lehpron (Thread starter):
Being at 5,000 feet, it just seems whenever I open up a bag of chips or a Yoplait yogurt cup, the contents want to fly out.

It's probably just the decomposition gases...!  mischievous 

strasserb

Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:32 am

Quoting Lehpron (Thread starter):
whenever I open up a bag of chips ...

... and regarding how cold and wet they mostly are, I assume that they must have been packed BELOW sea level.
Still, even in the most arid desert is an airport somewhere ...

Brick

Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:35 am

I have the same problem living in Denver. What's really fun is when you pack your tolietries in Los Angeles and open them up when you get home. I've lost 1/4 of a bottle of suncreen this way before.

The yogurt cups seem to be the worst. My wife always seems to have it squirt in her eye. Of course I always have to follow it up with an R-rated comment.  Smile
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...

dinker225

Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:37 am

I share this problem living even higher at 8,000 ft.

Quoting Brick (Reply 3):
What's really fun is when you pack your tolietries in Los Angeles and open them up when you get home. I've lost 1/4 of a bottle of suncreen this way before.

I learned really quick that anything liquid being packed at lower levels to be brought back up to this altitude need to be placed in plastic bags to save the rest of the contents of the suitcase.

Dinker
Two rules in aviation, don't hit anything and don't run out of gas, cause if you run out of gas yer gonna hit something.

Brick

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:13 am

I give all of my toiletry bottles a good squeeze before sealing them before I return home. That solved that problem. I don't know how to solve the yogurt jizzing in your eye problem though. Pudding cups do the same as well.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...