YYZAeroEng
Topic Author

Peter MacKay Has Some Issues With His Ex

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:22 pm

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...aystronach20/BNStory/National/home

This has to be one of the funniest moments in Canadian politics.
I couldn't stop laughing when I read this in the paper this morning.

It looks like Peter has some unresolved issues about Belinda.
Mind that Bus! What bus? *Splat!*

Kieron747

RE: Peter MacKay Has Some Issues With His Ex

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:28 pm

That's great!

I recall when I lived in Canada, that I thought Belinda was quite fit. Wouldn't describe her as a dog!

Kieron747
Airliners.Net - The Jam Rag Of The Web.

YYZAeroEng
Topic Author

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:37 pm

Slovacek747

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:37 pm

Hey good for the guy.. if thats what she is then no reason not to call'em like you see them.

Slovacek747

Kieron747

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:43 pm

Quoting Slovacek747 (Reply 3):
Hey good for the guy.. if thats what she is then no reason not to call'em like you see them.

So that's why you called transsexuals/transvestites "things" is it?

sarcastic 

Kieron747

Slovacek747

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:53 pm

they are things.. people things.

Slovacek747

Kieron747

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:57 pm

Quoting Slovacek747 (Reply 5):
they are things.. people things.

Fair enough as for your opinion, but don't you think your terminology might cause offence to some?

Kieron747

A332

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:57 pm

She totally burned Peter MacKay and I loved every moment of it...
Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!

iamcanadian

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:58 pm

Haha, that made my day! I'm sorry to say, that I understand how Peter MacKay feels though, considering Belinda Stronach is a no-good homewrecker (just ask Tie Domi  silly  )
Shut up and calculate.

Slovacek747

Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:01 am

you think i'm worried about being "offesive" because im not being political correct Kieron... ha hardly.

Slovacek747

Kieron747

Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:03 am

I'd hit it!  Wink

Kieron747

Slovacek747

Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:14 am

I'm sorry.

Slovacek747

YYZAeroEng
Topic Author

Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:13 am

Despite what you may think of the woman, it was a nasty thing for Peter MacKay to say. What makes it worse is, she wasn't in the House to object to the statement and since speach in the House is protected there is no legal course for Belinda to take. So the possibility exists that Peter MacKay won't have to appologize for an inappropreiate comment.

iamcanadian

Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:17 am

Quoting YYZAeroEng (Reply 12):
Peter MacKay won't have to appologize

(emphasis added by myself)

In my opinion, apologies have no worth if they're "forced" out. If the person apologizes just because he/she "has to", then it just shows they don't mean what they are saying, they're just words to avoid a consequence...
Shut up and calculate.

YYZAeroEng
Topic Author

Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:27 am

Quoting Iamcanadian (Reply 13):
In my opinion, apologies have no worth if they're "forced" out. If the person apologizes just because he/she "has to", then it just shows they don't mean what they are saying, they're just words to avoid a consequence

I agree.

However, if I remember correctly, if Belinda was in the House at the time of the comment she could rise on a Point of Personal Privilege / Right of Reply and ask for an apology from Peter. He would then have the opportunity to apologize. If he doesn't then he's removed from the House. The only way back in is a written letter of apology to the Speaker/Member that raised the objection. Additionally these side remakes aren't put in the Hansard, so there is no way to prove that it was said.

Had he said it in the House with her there, she would have a means to respond. She wasn't there so none of that could happen, and I'm certain Peter knew that.

Now it becomes a game of He said, She said, and Peter could walk away from this without having to face any consequences.

iamcanadian

Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:30 am

Quoting YYZAeroEng (Reply 14):
if Belinda was in the House at the time of the comment she could rise on a Point of Personal Privilege / Right of Reply and ask for an apology from Peter.

The thing is, MacKay obviously knew/observed she was not in the House at the time of the comment, so I would assume he would not have made the comment in the first place HAD she been in the House.

He merely took advantage of the circumstance I suppose.
Shut up and calculate.

jcs17

Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:30 am

Belinda has seen more dick than a Bangkok massage parlor. She was with Tie Domi, if that isn't gross I don't know what is. What a skank.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

lh477

Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:08 am

Quoting Jcs17 (Reply 16):
Belinda has seen more dick than a Bangkok massage parlor. She was with Tie Domi, if that isn't gross I don't know what is. What a skank.

I love the double standards of the world. Here is a woman who controls her enviornment and goes after what she want's. If a man was doing the same, his sexual prowess would be lauded.

Quoting Iamcanadian (Reply 8):
considering Belinda Stronach is a no-good homewrecker (just ask Tie Domi )

Does Tie Domi face no responsiblity? Is it always the woman's fault? I guessed Belinda must have seduced him.  Yeah sure
Come on you gunners......!!!!!

yvrtoyyz

Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:56 am

Quoting YYZAeroEng (Reply 12):
it was a nasty thing for Peter MacKay to say. What makes it worse is, she wasn't in the House to object to the statement and since speach in the House is protected there is no legal course for Belinda to take. So the possibility exists that Peter MacKay won't have to appologize for an inappropreiate comment.

Quoting YYZAeroEng (Reply 14):
Additionally these side remakes aren't put in the Hansard, so there is no way to prove that it was said.

My point exactly. The current process being reviewed by the Speaker.

From cbc.ca

MacKay said the matter has been handed over to the Speaker of the House, who will determine whether he made the remark during Thursday's question period.

"They can check the record of Hansard. It's not there. It's not there. I said nothing about a dog."

Hansard is the transcribed record of debates in the House of Commons.

In addition, I found this quote from globeandmail.com to be quite funny as a caption to the last image of Stronach:

Likes sex. Worth millions. . What a great reputation to be known by.

-YVRtoYYZ

Boeing744

Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:37 am

Quoting LH477 (Reply 17):
I love the double standards of the world. Here is a woman who controls her enviornment and goes after what she want's. If a man was doing the same, his sexual prowess would be lauded.

I really like Stronach. I think she's a smart lady, I like her politics, and hopefully she'll have a bigger role in the future of Canada. MacKay should apologize for this.

Someone's bitter...

EDIT: Funny article... http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/s...7a1e3d-746b-434d-a6ab-1ceb3481f3a7

[Edited 2006-10-21 01:55:00]

[Edited 2006-10-21 01:56:36]

A346Dude

Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:59 am

The leap from MacKay implying Stronach is a dog (if true - the jury's not out yet) got translated into MacKay thinks all women are dogs is a mystery to me. It is true that it is wrong to call a woman a dog, but this is not sufficient - it is wrong to call anyone a dog.

This has nothing to do with "Canadian women in general", as Bill Graham, Jack Layton, or Stronach herself would have you believe. If true, it has everything to do with MacKay's total inability to deal, in a professional manner, with someone who did something he didn't agree with over a year and a half ago. If he did actually say this, he seriously needs to get over it.
You know the gear is up and locked when it takes full throttle to taxi to the terminal.

Boeing744

Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:36 am

Quoting A346Dude (Reply 20):
The leap from MacKay implying Stronach is a dog (if true - the jury's not out yet) got translated into MacKay thinks all women are dogs is a mystery to me. It is true that it is wrong to call a woman a dog, but this is not sufficient - it is wrong to call anyone a dog.

This has nothing to do with "Canadian women in general", as Bill Graham, Jack Layton, or Stronach herself would have you believe. If true, it has everything to do with MacKay's total inability to deal, in a professional manner, with someone who did something he didn't agree with over a year and a half ago. If he did actually say this, he seriously needs to get over it.

I agree and disagree with you. I think that this comment wasn't really disrespectful to women in general, but it seems MacKay has made some sexist remarks in the past...

Quoting The Edmonton Sun:
During a speech to the Ontario NDP provincial council, Layton also slammed MacKay for a previous comment in which he told NDP MP Alexa McDonough to “go back to doing her knitting” after she raised questions about Afghanistan.

lnglive1011yyz

Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:46 am

Quoting A332 (Reply 7):
She totally burned Peter MacKay and I loved every moment of it...

I thought it was rather funny.. It appears to have been a "spoke" moment, when it should have been a "think" moment, and that makes it even funnier.

Quoting Boeing744 (Reply 19):
I really like Stronach. I think she's a smart lady, I like her politics, and hopefully she'll have a bigger role in the future of Canada. MacKay should apologize for this.

So you like a politician who jumps ship from their political party when it suits them, and when they're offered a rather nice assignment for doing so???????

People are always complaining that politicians have no integrity, and she is a perfect example of someone who has NO idea what it's like to have integrity.

1011yyz
Pack your bags, we're going on a sympathy trip!

Boeing744

Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:53 am

Quoting Lnglive1011yyz (Reply 22):
So you like a politician who jumps ship from their political party when it suits them, and when they're offered a rather nice assignment for doing so???????

Getting a cabinet position wasn't the only reason for her crossing the floor, and probably not the biggest. She was constantly against her party on social issues such as gay marriage, not to mention her tensions with Harper. Also, she crossed the floor during the Gomery Report... It's not like the prospects for the Grits were great at that point.

In addition to all that, her voters obviously feel it was the right move, and she was doing a good job, because they re-elected her. I'd like to see David Emerson get re-elected as a Tory.  Yeah sure

yyz717

Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:10 pm

Peter should apologize or resign from Cabinet. Period.

Quoting Jcs17 (Reply 16):

Haha. I totally agree.  Smile

Quoting Boeing744 (Reply 23):
Getting a cabinet position wasn't the only reason for her crossing the floor, and probably not the biggest.

Nope. It's well known that her price was a cabinet position. It was blind, greedy, personal ambition. She stabbed her voters in the back, and Peter.

She has never completed anything in life, nor ever given any task 100%, whether university (drop out), marriage (2 failed marriages, and one affair with a married man), work (part time CEO of Magna), motherhood (does she ever spend time with her kids?), her term as MP (crossed the floor). She's a walking ad for loose morals, laziness and lack of discipline.

Her biggest accomplishment was being a lucky sperm 41yo ago. After that up-hill victory, it's been downhill ever since.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

skyservice_330

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:30 am

Unfortunate but not surprising. When you consider the fact that Mackay is a member of a party that:

-At their policy convention in Montreal, a large portion of the membership wanted to re-open the abortion issue in Canada.
-Removed the word "equality" from the list of goals of Status of Women Canada, ending decades of advocacy for equality on the part of the federal agency.

Again, unfortunate but not surprising when one considers the company Mackay keeps and the view towards women that is held among his company, the CPC, as outlined by the above.

Harper must be spinning right now. After trying to run a tight ship and keeping a short leesh on his MP's from speaking out, the one person that goes and does it is his right hand man, his deputy, Peter Mackay. I wonder if he has been summoned to 24 Sussex yet for a lashing. If not, I'm guessing it will be coming soon given the news that has come recently:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/061020/national/tories_women_poll

Quote:
"The Decima Research survey, released Friday to The Canadian Press, points to a decline in Tory support by women voters since mid-July. The Tories had led the Liberals among women since the January election, but that changed in late summer when the Liberals overtook them.

A rolling three-week average between Sept. 28-Oct. 16 suggested 34 per cent of female voters supported the Liberals, 28 per cent the Tories, and 16 per cent the NDP.

The numbers come just as the party is facing harsh criticism by the opposition for cuts to women's advocacy groups and an alleged sexist slur by MacKay against Liberal MP Belinda Stronach, a former girlfriend. "

Harpers dreams of a majority built on the backs of Quebec voters is slowly slipping away.

I don't care if you are a women or a man. Disagree with a persons politics, but keep the personal slurs to yourself. Grow up Peter.

skyservice_330

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:41 am

Quoting Yyz717 (Reply 24):
Quoting Boeing744 (Reply 23):
Getting a cabinet position wasn't the only reason for her crossing the floor, and probably not the biggest.

Nope. It's well known that her price was a cabinet position. It was blind, greedy, personal ambition. She stabbed her voters in the back, and Peter.

The thought of a cabinet position undoubtedly influenced her decision but there were reports before that of her and Harper having screaming matches at Stornoway over his leadership style and the direction of the party.

Let us all remember, Belinda was a Conservative before she was a Liberal. The Conservative Party of today owes alot to Belinda for her role in uniting the right in this country, and one must remember that she once ran for the leadership of the CPC (and won 35 percent of the vote). Many conservatives seem more than eager to blast and deride Belinda while forgetting the above. If anything, they should be thanking her.

NeilYYZ

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:59 am

Quoting Boeing744 (Reply 19):
I really like Stronach. I think she's a smart lady, I like her politics, and hopefully she'll have a bigger role in the future of Canada.

Which politics, the ones she had before she was offered a cabinet position by the Liberals? Or the ones she gained once she became a Liberal? I keep getting confused about what her politics are.

Acutally, I'm very glad that she crossed the floor. I never believed that she was a true Conservative, she's better off being a Liberal, and the Conservative party is better off with her being a Liberal.

As for McKay calling her a dog, well, that's uncalled for. Even though I like the guy, that was not appropriate, he should apologize to Belinda. If he'd called her a homewrecker (Tie Domi's) then that might have been more appropriate.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

skyservice_330

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:03 am

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 27):
If he'd called her a homewrecker (Tie Domi's) then that might have been more appropriate.

Quoting SKYSERVICE_330 (Reply 25):
I don't care if you are a women or a man. Disagree with a persons politics, but keep the personal slurs to yourself.

lnglive1011yyz

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:27 am

She has never completed anything in life, nor ever given any task 100%, whether university (drop out), marriage (2 failed marriages, and one affair with a married man), work (part time CEO of Magna), motherhood (does she ever spend time with her kids?), her term as MP (crossed the floor). She's a walking ad for loose morals, laziness and lack of discipline.

That's what I mean.. Politicians are people, and they DO make mistakes, but how can you respect a woman who has absolutely no integrity? I just simply do not understand why people put their support behind her.

That being said, it goes to show you that since she got Re-elected, that people in Canada vote for the person, and not necessarily their background, integrity or their political platform..

I think the people of her riding in newmarket just simply marked her name becasue they know it.

1011yyz
Pack your bags, we're going on a sympathy trip!

KPDX

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:32 am

Did someone say Mr Mackey, mmkay?  bigthumbsup 

KPDX  Smile
View my aviation videos on Youtube by searching for zildjiandrummr12

A332

Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:37 am

She stabbed her voters in the back, and Peter.

Well, what goes around comes around... Peter MacKay also sold out MY party to the Reform/Alliance goons and stabbed David Orchard in the back...

It was so fitting... and I loved the fact MacKay got burned.

Stronach... meh, she does nothing for me, political or otherwise.
Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!