Cadet57
Topic Author

We Just Got A Bafdt!

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:07 am

Im bored, so I figured Id share this....So my dad decided it was time for a new(er) truck. So, Shopping around he found this '02 F-250. It is loaded with the 7.3L V8. Leather, premium sound, heated seats and more. Whats even cooler is that it only has 20k on the clock. It rocks. Now, some of you may gawk at the fuel inefficiency of this beast. But my dad does alot of towing and also needs the 4wd for our location in Massachusetts and where he goes deer hunting, so its not as if he just drives kids to soccer practice.

[Edited 2006-10-23 03:09:51]
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

NeilYYZ

RE: We Just Got A Bafdt!

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:09 am

Ah, if you can afford the truck and the fuel, who cares about the fuel usage. I have to say, that is one damn nice truck. Good color too, won't show the dirt too much.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

KevinL1011

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:16 am

Inhale as much of that new truck smell as you can. It's good for you.  biggrin 
474218, Carl, You will be missed.

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:30 am

Wow!

I better have APD go check my garage!!!!

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 1):
Good color too,

A shade lighter than mine. Otherwise, damn near identical. . . . right down to the running boards! You now need the aftermarket grill insert, cow catcher, high beam driving lights, topper, wheel well molding and the silver pin stripes and you'll have a nice truck there  wink 

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/csmpep/TheMANTruck.jpg

Awesome truck. Good call. Enjoy it.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Cadet57
Topic Author

Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:34 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 3):

angel 

A shade lighter than mine. Otherwise, damn near identical. . . . right down to the running boards! You now need the aftermarket grill insert, cow catcher, high beam driving lights, topper, wheel well molding and the silver pin stripes and you'll have a nice truck there

Sounds like my dads Christmas list!  Wink

Awesome truck. Good call. Enjoy it.

Oh, we will... cant wait to pull up next to some punk ass in his stupid rice wagon and light him up... not that I speed...  Wink

Queso

Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:16 pm

Quoting Cadet57 (Thread starter):
Now, some of you may gawk at the fuel inefficiency of this beast. But my dad does alot of towing and also needs the 4wd for our location in Massachusetts and where he goes deer hunting, so its not as if he just drives kids to soccer practice.

Dude, you've been hanging around A.net too long! Don't feel obligated to explain any reasoning to SATX and the crowd! Fill the tank, pay the $90 and smile and be proud that you've done your part to keep freedom alive! If the tree-hugging environmental wackos had their way that thing would have a 4-cylinder 75 hp engine!

Too bad it's a Ford though.

Congrats none the less.

Cadet57
Topic Author

Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:29 pm

Quoting Queso (Reply 5):

Well, I knew if I diddnt throw it in there, the shrub humpers would throw up holy hell. Furthermore I find it ironic that they bitch, yet call themselves aviation fans....

NeilYYZ

Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:30 pm

Quoting Queso (Reply 5):
If the tree-hugging environmental wackos had their way that thing would have a 4-cylinder 75 hp engine!

That's the John Deere that I use to cut grass in the summer. But the environmental crowd probably doesn't like that I cut the grass either.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

Cory6188

Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:30 pm

Quoting Queso (Reply 5):
Fill the tank, pay the $90 and smile and be proud that you've done your part to keep freedom alive!

While I'm not going to start going off about fuel efficiency, I have to ask - what exactly do you mean by "keep freedom alive"? What does wasting fuel have to do with freedom?

Cadet57
Topic Author

Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:32 pm

Quoting Cory6188 (Reply 8):
What does wasting fuel have to do with freedom?

Here we go....

NeilYYZ

Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:40 pm

While I'm not going to start going off about fuel efficiency, I have to ask - what exactly do you mean by "keep freedom alive"? What does wasting fuel have to do with freedom?

People have the right to drive whatever the hell car they want. People are not forced to take environmental concerns into account when buying a car. Although some would make it seem that you are morally bankrupt if you buy a truck for no other reason than you want one. I think that was the point.

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:46 pm

Quoting Queso (Reply 5):
Too bad it's a Ford though.

wink 

For those SLOW on the uptake, he means the freedom to buy what you want . . . . get it now?

sarcastic 

OK, back to topic.

You'll be very happy with this beast. I surely am with mine. Best truck I've ever owned really. I'll never go back to a gas engine either. . . . the diesel is much more efficient, fuel friendly . . . I used to be able to WATCH my fuel gauge go down in the gasser I had as I lumbered up Turnagain Pass at 45mph hauling that 12,000 camper of mine. Now, I zip up the hill, at 65mph, and nary a move on the fuel gauge.

Not to mention it's a FORD truck . . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Queso

Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:48 pm

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 9):

Here we go....

Yep, and I'm not eeeeeeeeven gonna touch it! Neil is doin just fine....

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 10):
People have the right to drive whatever the hell car they want.

Cory6188

Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:05 pm

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 9):
Here we go....

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 11):
For those SLOW on the uptake, he means the freedom to buy what you want . . . . get it now?

I didn't mean it as a criticism; I was more puzzled than anything. Of course you can drive whatever you want and use however much fuel you want - others (in this case, treehuggers) may not agree, but that's their problem. I guess I was reading into his comment more than I should have...

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:16 pm

Quoting Cory6188 (Reply 13):
I didn't mean it as a criticism; I was more puzzled than anything

No worries . . . you have to read some of SATX previous posts about how anyone not driving a Hybrid is a commie pinko American hating oil guzzling POS. Those posts will put it in perspective for you . . .
 thumbsup 

NWA742

Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:23 pm

I do not approve. Those trucks are very very unsafe. Give me a golf cart anyday over that.

Signed,

N1120A
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

iamcanadian

Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:41 pm

Quoting KevinL1011 (Reply 2):
Inhale as much of that new truck smell as you can. It's good for you

Yeah, I love the smell of formaldehyde in the morning.  Wink
Shut up and calculate.

Coal

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:29 pm

Ugh! Congrats and stuff, and I don't care about the fuel inefficiency. I'm not the one paying for gas. But those things are butt ugly, and I fail to correlate "loaded" with a utility vehicle. Where in the dashboard are the SD slots for my mp3's huh? Does the iPod jack also charge it while plugged? These are questions I'd like answers for.

J/k, enjoy your new beast! Big grin

Coal
Nxt Flts: MI RGN-SIN | SQ SIN-RGN-SIN | CX SIN-HKG-PVG | SQ PVG-SIN

itsjustme

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:48 pm

People have the right to drive whatever the hell car they want.

They do? Which amendment addresses this? Last I heard, driving was a privilege, not a right.

Just wanted to clarify that. I get very tired of people spouting off about how it's their right to do this and it's there right to do that when, in fact, it's not their right at all.

NeilYYZ

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:56 pm

Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 18):
They do? Which amendment addresses this? Last I heard, driving was a privilege, not a right.

Just wanted to clarify that. I get very tired of people spouting off about how it's their right to do this and it's there right to do that when, in fact, it's not their right at all.

So what is it then, their choice? There's no amendment that says that I can drink coffee, yet I feel free to drink coffee. So in the interests of appeasing you I'll ammend my statement.

People are free to drive whatever the hell they want.

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:04 pm

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 19):
People are free to drive whatever the hell they want.

People are free to BUY whatever they want to drive . . .

That'll do it you two, make nice, shake hands and come out drinkin'.

biggrin 

NeilYYZ

Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:08 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 20):
People are free to BUY whatever they want to drive . . .

Sorry officer  Wink

And it's the weekend, I've been drinking since Saturday at 1:00 when the college games started. So if Itsjustme cares to join, he's more than welcome!

coiah756ca

Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:14 pm

That's a great truck. I have a F-350 Crew Cab.

I was cruising Ebay the other day and found this:

My kid is begging me to get it, as I am currently looking for a F-150. I decided against it. I am not too big on the big rims and stuff. The truck looks good though.

Long live Denver-STAPLETON. RIP the old and best KDEN

itsjustme

Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:16 pm

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 21):
And it's the weekend, I've been drinking since Saturday at 1:00 when the college games started. So if Itsjustme cares to join, he's more than welcome!

Gotcha beat. Been in town (am in Detroit for the World Series) since Thursday night and have maintained a BAC somewhere in the vicinity of .12 since wheels down. And yes, of course I will join you. Hell, I'll even get the first round.

AirTranTUS

Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:37 pm

A shade lighter than mine. Otherwise, damn near identical. . . . right down to the running boards! You now need the aftermarket grill insert, cow catcher, high beam driving lights, topper, wheel well molding and the silver pin stripes and you'll have a nice truck there

Do you really live in Alaska or is that a facade for your real job here?

For those of you who don't know, go to www.dreamlandresort.com, click on "Area 51 Info & Photos" on the left side, and scroll down to "Area 51 Security" and click "The New Cammo Vehicle: Ford F-150 Pickup."

[Edited 2006-10-23 08:43:22]
I love ASO!

NeilYYZ

Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:45 pm

Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 23):
Gotcha beat. Been in town (am in Detroit for the World Series) since Thursday night and have maintained a BAC somewhere in the vicinity of .12 since wheels down. And yes, of course I will join you. Hell, I'll even get the first round.

Maybe I saw you today, I had to run across to Detroit to ship a package via the USPS. I'm currently across the border in Windsor, trying to sober up for the midterms that I'm writing today.

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:49 pm

Quoting AirTranTUS (Reply 24):
Do you really live in Alaska or is that a facade for your real job here?

shhh 

ziplip 

innocent 

biggrin 

L410Turbolet

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:08 pm

Quoting Queso (Reply 5):
$90 and smile and be proud that you've done your part to keep freedom

What does environmental ignorance have to do with freedom? You probably mean that you just shoveled even more $$$ down to Chavez's throat or Saudi royals to keep freedom alive in Saudi Arabia?

davestanKSAN

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:21 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 26):

Uh oh, I see trouble for the LAS meet. The MIH will get you if you go.

MIH meaning the man in hat. haha.

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

N1120A

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:30 pm

Now, some of you may gawk at the fuel inefficiency of this beast.

How so? It is a diesel.

. It is loaded with the 7.3L V8.

You forgot to mention that the engine is a 7.3L DIESEL. That means twice the mileage and 10 times the reliability.

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 1):
who cares about the fuel usage

People who care about the survival of the human species and the world economy.

I was going to say the same thing. I bet that one isn't as much of a mess inside as the Hat Mobile though  Silly

People are not forced to take environmental concerns into account when buying a car.

You aren't forced into anything. What you SHOULD do, on the other hand, is a different story.

Although some would make it seem that you are morally bankrupt if you buy a truck for no other reason than you want one.

Well, actually, you are. Over compensation is an unnecessary characteristic and if you don't live in Alaska where rocks take the place of salt on roads and don't haul plywood and concrete, you really have no need for a truck, particularly an inefficient one (which is not what I would call this rig, at least not relatively).
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

NeilYYZ

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:48 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 29):
You aren't forced into anything. What you SHOULD do, on the other hand, is a different story.

I'm not going to be told what kind of vehicle to buy based on what other's think I should buy. If it's my money, I'll buy what I want.

People who care about the survival of the human species and the world economy.

I care about the survival of the human species, and the environment. That being said, I still want a truck. Call me and all the other's who overcompensate pricks. Although, by the time I have enough money to buy one I'll actually need one.

Well, actually, you are.

We won't argue this one N1120A, we've done it before, and we just don't agree, you won't change my mind, and I won't change yours. We'll have to agree to disagree this time  Wink

N1120A

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:52 pm

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 30):
I'm not going to be told what kind of vehicle to buy based on what other's think I should buy.

Again, no one is telling you what you must do.

I care about the survival of the human species, and the environment. That being said, I still want a truck.

Pretty mutually exclusive.

Although, by the time I have enough money to buy one I'll actually need one.

How so? Construction companies (not their foremen) need trucks, farmers need trucks, police officers don't.

NeilYYZ

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:57 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 31):
How so? Construction companies (not their foremen) need trucks, farmers need trucks, police officers don't.

Police officers often have side jobs. I plan on installing irrigation systems, can't carry around 500ft. of 2 inch pipe in the back of a Camry.

N1120A

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:32 pm

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 32):
Police officers often have side jobs.

What for? The police make good money in most places and here in New Orleans where they don't, they supplement it with security details and good old fashioned corruption Big grin

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:43 pm

I was going to say the same thing. I bet that one isn't as much of a mess inside as the Hat Mobile though  silly 

irked  Hey, watchit! Next time I pick you up at ANC, I'll play Military March Music all night!  rotfl 

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 27):
What does environmental ignorance have to do with freedom?

I see you missed the point also . . . .

Alas, I'll copy/paste it one . . . more . . . time . . .

"he means the freedom to buy what you want"

"People are free to BUY whatever they want to drive . . . "

thumbsup 

Quoting N1120A (Reply 33):
New Orleans

good old fashioned corruption

rotfl  rotfl  rotfl 

NeilYYZ

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:48 pm

What for? The police make good money in most places and here in New Orleans where they don't, they supplement it with security details and good old fashioned corruption

For extra money, there's three police officers on my street that are General Contractor's (they have big trucks too, sorry, had to keep it on topic  Wink ) The money's good being a police officer in Toronto, but I plan on doing side work, a little extra money for sports tickets.

N1120A

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:54 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 34):
Hey, watchit! Next time I pick you up at ANC, I'll play Military March Music all night!

That was hilarious beyond mention.

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 35):
The money's good being a police officer in Toronto

Cadet in training $45,042.34
4th Class Constable $50,057.71
3rd Class Constable $57,211.20
2nd Class Constable $64,364.69
1st Class Constable $71.522.91

And those are just the base rates. With over time, and the significantly cheaper cost of living in Toronto as compares to other big cities (or even Anchorage for that matter, right ANC?), you won't need another job. Then again, ANCFlyer does make more than that, not to mention his fat military pension.

Hey Pep, my birthday is coming up next month, can I have some money?  Silly

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:59 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 36):
(or even Anchorage for that matter, right ANC?),

Looks about the same . . . you're quoting Canadian Dollars correct? APD starts at about US$38K for the first year, then to US$41K for the second. Step raises as you progress.

fat military pension

rotfl  The only thing fat I have is my beer gut . . .

N1120A

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:18 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 37):
Looks about the same . . . you're quoting Canadian Dollars correct?

I was talking about the cost of living.

you're quoting Canadian Dollars correct? APD starts at about US$38K for the first year, then to US$41K for the second. Step raises as you progress.

Actually, at the current conversion rate, those rates are all higher than the APD.

The only thing fat I have is my beer gut . . .

Hahahaha. At least he can self-depricate.

NeilYYZ

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:31 pm

And those are just the base rates. With over time, and the significantly cheaper cost of living in Toronto as compares to other big cities (or even Anchorage for that matter, right ANC?), you won't need another job.

It's good money and a good pension. I've always wanted to be a police officer, but truth be told, for some strange reason I really enjoy installing irrigation systems. After landscaping for a couple of years I love a good piece of turf, I could care less about flowers, it's the grass that I'm concerned with. I don't think I can totally give up landscaping, even if I am a police officer, I know, sounds strange, but what can I say? There's just something about designing and creating an irrigation system that I like.

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:33 pm

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 39):
I've always wanted to be a police officer,

it's the grass that I'm concerned with

Wow!

rotfl 

N1120A

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:38 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 40):
I've always wanted to be a police officer,

it's the grass that I'm concerned with

Hey, I have a good friend who is a member of the Metropolitan Police in London and he said if the Met ever started drug testing, half the officers would be fired for all the pot they smoke.

NeilYYZ

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:38 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 40):

Yes, yes, I knew I was setting myself up when I wrote that  Wink Although, if I'm a police officer, I will be concerned with marijuana, I've got no time for drugs.

N1120A

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:44 pm

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 42):
Although, if I'm a police officer, I will be concerned with marijuana, I've got no time for drugs.

According to that alcohol thread, you seem to have plenty of time for drugs  Wink. Besides, they will probably be legal by the time you join the TPS

NeilYYZ

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:47 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 43):
Besides, they will probably be legal by the time you join the TPS

Oh, don't say that! It wouldn't suprise me.

Quoting N1120A (Reply 43):
According to that alcohol thread, you seem to have plenty of time for drugs

No, not drugs, booze I have time for. If you're ever in Toronto (or Windsor) let me know, I'll buy you a round, and you can kick my ass on my logic for wanting a truck  Wink

N1120A

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:55 pm

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 44):
If you're ever in Toronto (or Windsor) let me know

I am between the two about once every 4-6 weeks, in Cambridge. I often go into Toronto though.

I'll buy you a round

You can buy me a Diet Coke (and I mean Diet Coke, not your REAL addiction, Diet Pepsi  Silly ). ANCFlyer can attest to the fact that I don't drink.

No, not drugs, booze I have time for.

Alcohol is most definately a drug

Oh, don't say that! It wouldn't suprise me.

If not, you may find me cross-examining you at trial  Wink

NeilYYZ

Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:02 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 45):
Alcohol is most definately a drug

Well I'll give you that one, but at least it's legal.

I am between the two about once every 4-6 weeks, in Cambridge. I often go into Toronto though.

Nice area, I mostly just whip past it on the 401 on my way to Windsor though. Although I won't be in to Toronto until around Christmas time, I'll get you that Diet Coke if you're around, you don't mind if I have a Budweiser do you?

If not, you may find me cross-examining you at trial

Hey, I'm clean (well, booze aside), but if I do get on with TPD, you'd best not be challening my drug bust  Wink