mdsh00

Bush-We've Never Been, "stay The Course"

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:14 pm

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/10/22/...-the-course/?AmericaIsScrewed=true

In an interview with ABC news, he tells George Stephanopoulous:

Quote:
STEPHANOPOULOS: James Baker says that he’s looking for something between “cut and run” and “stay the course.”

BUSH: Well, hey, listen, we’ve never been “stay the course,” George. We have been — we will complete the mission, we will do our job, and help achieve the goal, but we’re constantly adjusting to tactics. Constantly.

Confused  Confused WTF??

I could have sworn (and even a Bush supporter can't deny), that it is almost the only thing we've been hearing from this administration. Seriously, how stupid does he think the American people are?
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

TedTAce

RE: Bush-We've Never Been, "stay The Course"

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:21 pm

Quoting Mdsh00 (Thread starter):
he think the American people are?

Given that "we" have elected him 2X is that not a sign how dumb we are?
This space intentionally left blank

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:24 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 1):

Speak for yourself Ted . . . .

Coulda had "Mr. I voted for it before I voted against it, I have a plan (that no one could find)".  sarcastic 

I could have sworn (and even a Bush supporter can't deny), that it is almost the only thing we've been hearing from this administration.

It'll be interesting to hear the spin put on this . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

NWA742

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:32 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 1):

Not really, considering we elected him over Gore and Kerry. Thank God.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

Mir

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:38 pm

From http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Jul2003/n07102003_200307101.html :

"Coalition efforts in Iraq have only been underway for a short time, Bush reminded reporters, and it's going to take far longer for people "to recognize the great joys of freedom and the responsibilities that come with freedom.

"We're making steady progress," he said. "A free Iraq will mean a peaceful world. And it's very important for us to stay the course, and we will stay the course."

From http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/04/20040413-20.html

"I think the analogy is false. I also happen to think that analogy sends the wrong message to our troops, and sends the wrong message to the enemy. Look, this is hard work. It's hard to advance freedom in a country that has been strangled by tyranny. And, yet, we must stay the course, because the end result is in our nation's interest."

From http://www.blogsforbush.com/mt/archives/005019.html

"We will stay the course, we will complete the job in Iraq," Bush said in Texas as a videotape by Ayman al-Zawahri, al-Qaida's No.2, was broadcast around the world.
Al-Zawahri threatened more destruction in London after subway and bus bombings and said in the videotape that the United States would suffer tens of thousands of military dead if it did not withdraw from Iraq.

Bush said that kind of talk only showed why the United States must stay the course."

Would somebody in the media call him on this one, please? Don't wait for the Daily Show to do it (because you know they will) - somebody take the initiative.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

itsjustme

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:40 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 2):

Not sure what you mean by "spin". You can't possibly be inferring that his ridiculous statement will be "twisted" to take on a different meaning. No "spin" is needed here. Taking Bush's statement at face value is all the ammo the Dems will need to make him look silly.

that it is almost the only thing we've been hearing from this administration.

100% correct. All we've heard from Bush is how we must stay the course. And now he is denying having ever been preaching "stay the course"?

Monday night's Daily Show should be intersting. In typical Jon Stewart fashion, he'll likely first show Bush's interview with ABC and immediately after Bush says he's never been stay the course, will show 5 or 6 clips of Bush preaching that we must stay the course.

JGPH1A

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:47 pm

That crunching noise you heard, that's the sound of the Administration engaging reverse gear.

Be a man, George - admit you screwed up. Everyone knows you did.  Smile
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:49 pm

Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 5):

Not sure what you mean by "spin". You can't possibly be inferring that his ridiculous statement will be "twisted" to take on a different meaning.

Oh, hell ya, that's exactly what I mean by that. Any time there's a contradiction - like this - the "Spin" just keeps coming. All I've heard from PutUS for years is "Stay the Course" and now he says different???? Can't be any more plain than that . . . so inevitably, tomorrow - maybe Tuesday - someone will spin it . . . "What the President really said was . . . . . "
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Mir

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:51 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 6):
That crunching noise you heard, that's the sound of the Administration engaging reverse gear.

Isn't going into reverse when travelling at highway speeds liable to destroy your engine and transmission?  Smile

-Mir

itsjustme

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:52 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 7):
"What the President really said was . . . . . "

Jesus ANC, are you planted in front of your computer (like I am)? As soon as I posted that, I realized what you meant and was headed back to edit my reply.

Yeah, Tony Snow will have his hands full.

JGPH1A

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:53 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 8):
Isn't going into reverse when travelling at highway speeds liable to destroy your engine and transmission?

It's OK, they're the government, they can afford it.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:56 pm

Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 9):
Jesus ANC, are you planted in front of your computer (like I am)?

Yup . . . blizzard here tonight. No highway for me!  biggrin  Anyone needs a cop at SCC they're fracked tonight.  laughing 

And he's pulling a wagon . . . .

Mir

Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:03 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 10):

Acutally, this time I'm not so sure....

I wonder if he wishes he was back at FoxNews - at least then he didn't have to come up with the justifications for all the BS, he just had to repeat them over and over.  Smile

Seriously though, I want to hear how they're going to spin this one. They have to do something.

-Mir

Confuscius

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:09 pm

Cut and run from the stay the course strategy? Amazing...

Big grin
Ain't I a stinker?

gunsontheroof

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:15 pm

I could have sworn (and even a Bush supporter can't deny), that it is almost the only thing we've been hearing from this administration. Seriously, how stupid does he think the American people are?

My brain hurts. Make him stop.

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 3):

Things would be worse under Gore or Kerry? (or anyone?), I'm intrigued...

This isn't a Republican v.s. Democrat situation here...no matter what your political persuasion, it should be painfully obvious to you by now that this administration has been an ongoing disaster for the United States of America. My condolances to those of you who haven't figured it out.

desertjets

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:55 pm

From today's Washington Post, the dirt on the spin.

Fair use thingie:

Bush's New Tack Steers Clear of 'Stay the Course'

By Peter Baker
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, October 24, 2006; Page A01

President Bush and his aides are annoyed that people keep misinterpreting his Iraq policy as "stay the course." A complete distortion, they say. "That is not a stay-the-course policy," White House press secretary Tony Snow declared yesterday.

More at: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...le/2006/10/23/AR2006102301053.html
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

scamp

Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:14 am

Seriously, how stupid does he think the American people are?

Well, he's probably going on the fact that these same American people elected him twice...so what's your question?
If it pisses off the right, I'm all for it.

BigOrange

Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:49 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 10):

Not really, but then again they don't have to pay....we do!

Falcon84

Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:13 am

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 3):

Thank God for what? Six years of incompetence? Arrogance? Stubbornness? Three years of a war we should never have fought, and now can't get out of? Six years of handing out gifts to corporate America and the wealthy, while everyone else struggles, as "outsourcing" overseas is national policy?

Thank God for THAT?
Work Right, Fly Hard

AGM100

Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:29 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 6):
Be a man, George - admit you screwed up. Everyone knows you did.

No,, be a man and dont be lead around by the nose. Stay the course can is exactly what we need to do. The goal has always been clear , the enemy knows it ..whay dont you get it.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 18):
Thank God for what? Six years of incompetence? Arrogance? Stubbornness? Three years of a war we should never have fought, and now can't get out of? Six years of handing out gifts to corporate America and the wealthy, while everyone else struggles, as "outsourcing" overseas is national policy?

Versus , six years of second guessing and allowing the terrorist to get stronger ? Six years of reacting to every poll that comes out from the Georgetown University civics class... ? Six years of stripping profits from corporate America and redistubuting it ? Six years of pandering to the anti American UN ?

As for outsourcing , this has little to do with the governemnt its a bottom line profit issue for corporations... You may hate that idea but its what makes the world turn. I only wish that we did have a stronger policy to promote foriegn trade.. The US should do all possible to promote foriegn commercial development.
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

dvk

Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:30 am

Coulda had "Mr. I voted for it before I voted against it, I have a plan (that no one could find)".

You have repeatedly ragged on Kerry's mythical flip-flop, yet you don't acknowledge what a complete flip-flop Bush's statement is, and what an utter hypocrite he and his shills are for now claiming the policy was "never" stay the course. But then, you also pardon W for everything, as though Rummy is alone in being responsible for the Iraq disaster.  no 
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.

fspilot747

Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:37 am

Coulda had "Mr. I voted for it before I voted against it

You mean, the guy who realized later that there was something seriously wrong and changed his opinion? Isn't that better than the whole "stay the course even if we're fucking wrong" bullshit?

Tell me, ANCFlyer, what is so seriously wrong with I voted for it before I voted against it? You're telling me that that simple sentence sums up everything about John Kerry? Wouldn't you rather have a guy that can take responsibility for what he did by deciding that what he initially thought was wrong?

Imagine if Republicans did that today. Whenever they're wrong, it's someone else's fault. Even when one of your gay senators tried to screw an underage boy, it's the Democrats fault. Time to stop blaming others, accept that your party screwed up (and don't tell me you're an independent. You're a classic example of a Conservative Republican), and move on and bring someone else in.

It's funny, when I think about it. My roommate a year or so ago was a Republican, and he was a good guy, but the "stay the course" notion is what he LIKED about the party. He liked the solidarity and the idea of going full steam and getting the job done (what job? I'd ask him..). That's what the Republicans had going for them.

Somebody tell me what the GOP has going for them other than anti-gay, anti-abortion ("pro-life" doesn't count when the party is electric chair happy), anti-freedom of speech and bill of rights (see patriot act), anti-constitution (see wire-tapping and patriot act), arrogant, alcoholics (see george bush and dick cheney), and pedophiles?

Time to clean up things in our sad state of government.

What's next. "I never said I was a war president" ? or "We never said there were WMDs in Iraq!"?

[Edited 2006-10-24 18:53:32]

MattRB

Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:42 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 19):
allowing the terrorist to get stronger ?

And the Republicans have done exactly that with their war in Iraq - which has become a rallying call for Islamic terrorists around the world. They've made them stronger.

They've done exactly what they insinuated would have happened under a Democrat President.

I hope the American public takes notice of any [R] BS like this and calls them on it in November.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

AGM100

Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:56 am

Quoting MattRB (Reply 22):
They've made them stronger

At the moment the short sited view may back you up. But in the long run when Iraq stabilizes and becomes a country that is able to balance religion and government ..the radicals will lose. The only chance we have in fighting the idealistic war waged on us is to defeat the idea. If Iraq can become what we all want it to become , the radical idea of Islamic totalitarianism will be defeated.

Remember 9/11 happened while we were... not in Iraq.... I guess we need something larger than 9/11 to prove your point correct. At least you have something to hope for ...

scbriml

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:05 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 23):
when Iraq stabilizes

rotfl 

Newsflash - the situation is getting worse, not better. banghead 
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

AGM100

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:27 am

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 24):
Newsflash - the situation is getting worse, not better.

Of course it is , but we are at war. It is the enemies job to create the idea that it is un-winnable. I choose to beileve that the coalition will in the end win this thing. I do fear for the deaths of my loved ones thier, but I fear most that thier effort will be in vane. Also I do not think that it is coincedental that the enemy has stepped up their fighting near our elections. They are counting on spreading your ideas to win , on behalf of them thank you for your support.

The only hope you have appears to be that we lose. Why ? Are you that twisted up that you will in effect support the violent psycho killers in Iraq?

VonRichtofen

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:33 am

Versus , six years of second guessing and allowing the terrorist to get stronger ?

Do you honestly think you're any safer after this fiasco in Iraq? C'mon man, let's get real here. If anything America is more of a target than ever.

Kris

AGM100

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:46 am

Quoting VonRichtofen (Reply 26):
Do you honestly think you're any safer after this fiasco in Iraq? C'mon man, let's get real here. If anything America is more of a target than ever.

Really ? so I guess all the attacks over the years were because of ???? Are you suggesting that we should just disengage and isolate behind our borders?

You have a valid point however they may hate us more now , but you can not be afraid of pissing off people who want to kill you. It does not work ...

Anyway , I like your Username ... VonRichtofen ,, one baddass warrior.

AirWillie6475

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:58 am

What's your beaf? Why don't you guys up there go ahead and focus on you hockey and let world policy be handled by people that live in the real world. If it was up to you guys, there would be a few more thousand dead.

AirWillie6475

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:00 am

If anything America is more of a target than ever.

And by the way who told you that? CNN? Have you heard of any Iraqi or muslim person say that? Stop with the kool-aid and think a little.

Klaus

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:00 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 27):
You have a valid point however they may hate us more now , but you can not be afraid of pissing off people who want to kill you. It does not work ...

But you can stop making more new enemies before the old ones have been used up...!  crazy 

AirWillie6475

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:07 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 30):
But you can stop making more new enemies

And who might they be??

NWA742

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:07 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 18):
Thank God for what? Six years of incompetence? Arrogance? Stubbornness?

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, however, would it not be the same with the Dems, Falcon? Can you honestly say that with this attitude:

"We don't really know what to do about all the problems in this world and in our country, but whatever the Republicans do and have done, it's all wrong and evil. We have a plan, we promise, we just can't tell you, please vote us in and everything shall be all better. America is the problem, not the solution, and we can change that."

...does not reek of incompetence, arrogance, and stubborness?

Can you honestly say that with a straight face, or are you just a left-wing ass kisser? The Reps have screwed up big time on many issues, but at least they have a stance to begin with, other than " cry  the other side is wrong!"

It the world of politics, it's always the lesser of two evils, get that straight.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

OlegShv

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:16 am

Quoting AirWillie6475 (Reply 28):
Why don't you guys up there go ahead and focus on you hockey and let world policy be handled by people that live in the real world. If it was up to you guys, there would be a few more thousand dead.

Well, go ahead and sign-up into the army pal. They could use your beef in Iraq.
What? You are still here?
If the policy were handled by wise people (meaning not GWB admin), then over 2 thousand US soldiers would be alive right now.

AirWillie6475

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:25 am

Quoting OlegShv (Reply 33):
They could use your beef in Iraq.
What? You are still here?

Typical response. Most be hard for those soldiers dying for your rights to know that there are idiots like you who don't support them.

Klaus

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:26 am

Quoting AirWillie6475 (Reply 31):
And who might they be??

Formerly ordinary people who at some point under certain circumstances choose to support or even join terrorist groups.

The entire US republican agenda regarding terrorism is based on the completely preposterous and many times disproved assumption that there was a fixed "supply" of terrorists "somewhere" which just had to be killed and then there would be peace and security again.

Idiotic ideas like that can only exist through a profound ignorance of and disinterest in the people of the regions affected by one's own policies.

In reality, terrorists are made - and as long as people haven't crossed a certain point yet, they are still accessible for reason.

Not for empty pleading, but for consistent, convincing and credibly legitimate policies instead of contempt, exploitation and collaboration with detested and oppressive regimes for material gain.

That is true (and still too often neglected) for Europe as it is for the USA, but the Bush administration has managed to break new records for committing fatal mistakes by the dozen and even vilifying everyone who dared to try to help.

Unless the basic misunderstandings and hardened ideologies aren't resolved or broken down, you'll find yourself in an ever-deepening quagmire which no amount of troops or ammo can get you out of again.

You're not suffering from an inadequate military, you're suffering from inadequate leadership!

AirWillie6475

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:36 am

Klaus you still haven't answered the original question. I know you don't believe in what is happening but do you have any actual cases of a growth in membership or are you just hypothesizing?

Mir

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:38 am

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 32):
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, however, would it not be the same with the Dems, Falcon?

It might. Or it might not - we don't know. Your statement that Bush is a better president than Gore or Kerry is also opinion, since Gore and Kerry never were president. That's an opinion you're entitled to, but it seems unfair to judge the performance of presidents who never were.

-Mir

NWA742

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:47 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 37):
It might. Or it might not - we don't know.

We don't know for sure, but we have a decent idea based on all their ranting.

Quoting Mir (Reply 37):
it seems unfair to judge the performance of presidents who never were.

Whether in office or not, incompetence, arrogance, and stubbornness reeks from the Dems as much, if not much more, than anyone else. That was the point. It is also not an unfair assumption that these problems would follow them into the White House, had they been elected.

-NWA742

Falcon84

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:47 am

Versus , six years of second guessing and allowing the terrorist to get stronger ? Six years of reacting to every poll that comes out from the Georgetown University civics class... ? Six years of stripping profits from corporate America and redistubuting it ? Six years of pandering to the anti American UN ?

And you have NOTHING to base any of that on but biased conjecture. I on the other hand, base my on HISTORY-what HAS happened with this administration, AGM. Incompetence, bungling, arrogant, stubborn. And, by the way, the terrorists HAVE gotten stronger and bigger in numbers-thanks to your hero, Mr. Bush.

We'd be a helluva lot better off now, had we not elected this fool. But we did, and that is ALL we have to go on-what he has done, not what, in your biased right-wing mind, what you would like to think the Dems would have done.

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 32):
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it,

That's the historical fact, NWA. Not opinion. It's the very M/O of this administration. And the history books will bear that out.
Work Right, Fly Hard

NWA742

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:49 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 39):
That's the historical fact, NWA. Not opinion. It's the very M/O of this administration

No, those are your opinions, Falcon. Get off your rant mode and use your head.

-NWA742

AGM100

Quoting Klaus (Reply 30):
But you can stop making more new enemies before the old ones have been used up...!

They are not "new" enemies ... they are the same ones that have always hated us. I agree that they are now emboldened mainly because our national dissent is looked upon as weakness.

The US is definatly at a cross roads in our history , and the President has put us in that position. The rest of the world is not onboard with our power projection , thats obvios.... but if we do not do then who will ?

Iraq would have eventually gone though a cival war anyway (IMO) ,Saddam could not hold power forever. The Shia would have taken it out on the Sunnis and it would have been bad if not worse. This of course is debatable ,and I know you are very capable of that Klaus.. but it is not a invalid argument.

Klaus

Quoting AirWillie6475 (Reply 34):
Typical response. Most be hard for those soldiers dying for your rights to know that there are idiots like you who don't support them.

Iraq is not and never was about any american's "right" except possibly the one to jump on any other country at a whim.

Defend your own ideology if you must, but leave the troops out of it who have to bear the consequences.

MattRB

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:51 am

Quoting AirWillie6475 (Reply 28):
What's your beaf? Why don't you guys up there go ahead and focus on you hockey and let world policy be handled by people that live in the real world. If it was up to you guys, there would be a few more thousand dead.

And yet, it is our military that is fighting in, dying in and rebuilding Afghanistan. Y'know, that place where 9/11 originated from? Where the badasses really are? Around about those parts that bin Laden (remember him? The guy who gave America 9/11 (btw, did you Republicans ever thank him for that? You seem to be getting an awful lot of mileage out of it)?

Few thousand more dead? Yeah, we're all a bunch of pansy-assed, yellowbellied liberals up here, lemme tell ya.

For a college student your world view is quite narrow. You'd do well to open your mind a little and maybe, just maybe, travel outside your campus now and then and actually experience the 'real world' you mention.

Quoting Klaus (Reply 35):

Well said  checkmark 

[Edited 2006-10-24 20:55:57]
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

BoomBoom

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:57 am

No,, be a man and dont be lead around by the nose. Stay the course can is exactly what we need to do. The goal has always been clear , the enemy knows it ..whay dont you get it.

Hey, if you think Iraq is such a great idea why don't you sign up for it and go serve over there? You're still young enough.

Do you have any children you would be willing to sacrifice?

When Bush faced his generations war (Vietnam) he used his daddy's connections to get into the National Guard, and then didn't even show up for that.

Cheney got five deferments because going to Vietnam was "not a priority" for him.

Then they start a war so they can have a "Mission Accomplished" photo op. Sick...

Our eyes are open, our eyes are open--wide, wide, wide...

Klaus

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:01 am

Quoting AirWillie6475 (Reply 36):
Klaus you still haven't answered the original question. I know you don't believe in what is happening but do you have any actual cases of a growth in membership or are you just hypothesizing?

The latest National Intelligence Estimate to the US president recently confirmed widespread media reports and the blatantly obvious:

While the nominal top of Al Qaida had been hit by some of its members being killed or caught, the movement itself has become a wildly metastasizing cancer which is spreading with increasing speed, and the Iraq invasion has added a huge amount of fuel to the wildfire.

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 41):
They are not "new" enemies ... they are the same ones that have always hated us.

See above - that is exactly the false concept I was talking about.

Many people who are now terrorists would be normal civilians nowadays if certain political developments had taken a different route, which could have been influenced positively by the west in general and the USA in particular.

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 41):
Iraq would have eventually gone though a cival war anyway (IMO) ,Saddam could not hold power forever. The Shia would have taken it out on the Sunnis and it would have been bad if not worse. This of course is debatable ,and I know you are very capable of that Klaus.. but it is not a invalid argument.

The lame attempt of an excuse after deliberately and negligently creating one of the biggest messes in recent history.

No, sorry. That is not good enough.

AirWillie6475

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:10 am

Quoting MattRB (Reply 43):
For a college student your world view is quite narrow. You'd do well to open your mind a little and maybe, just maybe, travel outside your campus now and then and actually experience the 'real world' you mention.

Haha, someone from Canada is telling me my world view is quite narrow. Do you know where I come from or what my life experience has been so far? Do you know that my parents are immigrants from a country were people risked their lives for the chance of escaping to a better world. Or from the dictator that ruled over them? No, no, I have no experience.

I believe in what the U.S is trying to do over there but knowing what I know it's very frustrating that people want result now and right now. They do not realise that it takes years and years. The country that my parents immigrated from has now become a democracy. But after almost 20 years the gov is STILL not 100% up and running and this is a civilized Western country. Iraq will take much more time and much more blood shed. It's not the fault of the U.S that Iraqis are dying now it's just the cycle of a Democracy trying to take shape. At my parents country many were killed at the beginning because there was no order, but gradually the conflicts subsided. If anything I don't want people to think in the short term like Klaus and others are thinking, yes people will die now but it's for a better future.

AGM100

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:14 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 39):
And you have NOTHING to base any of that on but biased conjecture

Not true ... President Clinton was ineffective in fighting terrorism and handling NK, even though he does not think so. He had a internationalist policy outlook which in the end gave us nothing... Everyone loved the US because we did nothing unless the UN said OK. Your are right about my right wing outlook on this , I do not trust the UN.

John Kerry was just plain unlikeable and very indecisive and Like Clinton , thought is was better to talk to our enemies.

Al Gore wants to fight industrustial / economic progress using a environmental scare platform. And H Clinton wants us to install socialized health care. They are the democratic big shots , they were what I voted against.

fspilot747

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:15 am

Quoting AirWillie6475 (Reply 34):
Most be hard for those soldiers dying for your rights to know that there are idiots like you who don't support them.

Let's not be overly sentimental here, buddy. The soldiers in Iraq are not dying for his rights. This is not a defensive war.

The soldiers are dying following uninformed and ignorant orders from a group that doesn't know what its doing. Some fight to pay for college educations, some fight because 9/11 inspired them to fight terrorists (even though Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11), some fight because they don't know what to do after high school, but nobody in Iraq is fighting for American freedoms. This is not the revolutionary war. We are already free. We just like to invade other countries to "liberate them" and then take some oil while we're at it...you know...while we are there.

Be realistic.

BoomBoom

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:20 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 47):
Al Gore wants to fight industrustial / economic progress using a environmental scare platform. And H Clinton wants us to install socialized health care. They are the democratic big shots , they were what I voted against.

George Bush went into Iraq to finish his daddy's business.

Dick Cheney wanted no-bid contracts for Haliburton.
Our eyes are open, our eyes are open--wide, wide, wide...