KaiGywer
Crew
Topic Author

Pulling Over The Naacp President Hazardous

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:38 am

Here's a quick lesson for all police officers: Pulling over the president of the Dallas NAACP branch could be hazardous to your career. Just ask Dallas County sheriff's Deputy Mike Baker, who was ordered to be transferred out of patrol last month even though two separate investigations exonerated him of any wrongdoing.
Dallas Observer

Some people just piss me off. He thinks that just because he is the president of a club, he can do whatever he wants...
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

GQfluffy

RE: Pulling Over The Naacp President Hazardous

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:08 am

*Putting on flame suit...

*Steps up on soap box...

I honestly believe we now live in a time of reverse racism...
This isn't where I parked my car...

AirCop

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:01 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Thread starter):
Dallas NAACP branch

Quoting KaiGywer (Thread starter):
He thinks that just because he is the president of a club,

I wouldn't call the NAACP a club..anyway shonds like the Sheriff handled this all wrong, and that is one reason why I'm not to fond of elected Sheriffs, no difference that anyother politician, just trying to protect his butt to get votes.

futurecaptain

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:36 am

I dont care what you are president of, it doesn't give you the right to disrespect the laws of your country. If the man with the gun and the badge says you are under arrest then you have seriously f***ed up and need to start listening. Not whine about making a phone call.

Now, I wonder if the officer was black if the same investigation / punishment would have happened or no?

Quoting GQfluffy (Reply 1):
I honestly believe we now live in a time of reverse racism...

Agreed.
AirSO. ASpaceO. ASOnline. ASO.com ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO.

davestanKSAN

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:46 am

Quoting AirCop (Reply 2):
I wouldn't call the NAACP a club..anyway shonds like the Sheriff handled this all wrong, and that is one reason why I'm not to fond of elected Sheriffs, no difference that anyother politician, just trying to protect his butt to get votes.

Yessir exactly. After reading the artice, it sounds like the man that got pulled over was abusing his title.

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

ANCFlyer

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:59 am

Just reading the article, sounds to me like the "Race Card" got tossed out rather quickly.

Expired license plate: Get the ticket, get the license plates renewed, go to court, show the judge, case dismissed. That's the usual scenario. People forget about license plates all the time. It's not a big deal.

The driver of the mini-van, Mr. NAACP, turned it in to a big deal by being an asswipe. The deputy acted prudently and within the scope of his job. Any bets it's all recorded somewhere on a dash-cam.

As for Sheriff Lupe whatever - she oughta be fired for not backing her officer. In all likelihood, she's a politician and not a cop, and has not gawddamn business wearing a badge in the first place.

The Deputy got fucked.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

MDorBust

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:07 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 5):
Expired license plate:

We actually use window stickers here in Texas for vehicle registration. Nitpicking.

And for all of you out there, if you get the ticket withing 90 days of registration expiration it's only a $10 court handling fee to get the ticket dismissed upon proof of renewal.

Anywho, Dallas politics is all F**ked up. Just listen in on any of city council or school board meetings, it's disasterous. Give tickets to high ranking members of anything at your own risk here.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

ANCFlyer

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:06 am

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 6):
We actually use window stickers here in Texas for vehicle registration. Nitpicking.

Didn't know that (I ain't from 'round there ya know  silly  ). My reply is the same, the principal is the same. Go get the damn sticker renewed and STFU. The judge'll likely throw the ticket out if you can appear with all your ducks in a row.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

MCIGuy

Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:39 pm

So, being means you're above the law now? Nice....
Airliners.net Moderator Team