andessmf

The Stupidest Person You Have Ever Met.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:37 am

First, lets set some ground rules:

1. No politicians
2. NO ONE IN A.NET

OK, my story.

Guy with 'suppossed' plenty of experience. Took an inordenate amount to do the simplest job. We finally discovered one reason. He was not aware of the 'copy' command. When asked, his response was 'I dont know the latest functions'. This was in the year 2000.

This is one of many stories about him. I couldnt believe the guy coud actually tie his shoes.

Anyone have similar stories?

Jetsgo

RE: The Stupidest Person You Have Ever Met.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:44 am

I sat next to a girl in Spanish back in high school. She took a trip to Europe. Well, according to her, she flew a WN 744, first class, non stop from SMF-CDG. I dont know if this makes her stupid, or just completely and totally ignorant to aviation.

Chris
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

TPAflyer

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:05 am

My friend worked at Target and he called out "sick". Then decided to go and shop there. His manager saw him and fired him on the spot.

JakeOrion

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:10 am

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 1):
totally ignorant to aviation.

That answer. Met many MANY people who are totally oblivious to aviation, not their fault, just no interest in it.

You want stupid?

My ex boss. This guy would offend you the first time you met him. TOTAL asshole, makes the pointy-hair boss in Dilbert look like a great boss. He assumed everyone liked him as well.

Reasons for such hatred?

1) He would sing
2) He would do funky dance
3) He would TRY to piss you off to please himself
4) He would call his wife, get into an argument so everyone can hear it, hang up, call again, repeat.
5) His attitude was shit, and my co-workers and I agreed he was abusing his pain-killer drugs.
6) He would call (me, coworker1, 2, etc) to ask a question, but instead say, "Just checking."

I can keep going, but you get the gist of it. I swear to all of you, you do not want to meet this guy. I wouldn't even want to wish that on Satin himself.
Every problem has a simple solution; finding the simple solution is the difficult problem.

PlymSpotter

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:20 am

Most of the dumbest incidents I can think of come from when I worked in a DIY store. One customer who swapped a label came through my till with a HUGE boiler, I scanned the barcode and it came up as a "Wellington Boot @ £4.98". The guy tried to persuade me that it was the right code, but I obviously wasn't having any of it! It was dumb because if he had chosen an item that had something to do with plumbing, and taken the label from that, then 99% of the staff would never have questioned it!

Countless other incidents like this, but another one which was very funny as well as being dumb was when my store "lost" 15 full bathroom suits (bath, toilet and sink, the whole thing). Some Muppet had palatalised all of them, then hoisted it onto a rack somewhere in our massive warehouse with a forklift without changing their location in the system. It took over 3 months to find them, which also strike me as particularly dumb!

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

futurecaptain

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:25 am

I met a guy yesterday who I was selling a laptop to. All he would do is go on and on about how crappy all laptops are, how easily they break, how small everything is, ect. Why he was looking to buy one is beyond me. Then he says Desktops are so much better because they 'NEVER" break due to the components being spread out more. Seriously, this guy needed some re-education about computers, but the way he talked really pissed me off and made him look really stupid in my eyes.
AirSO. ASpaceO. ASOnline. ASO.com ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO.

MKEdude

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:26 am

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 1):
I dont know if this makes her stupid, or just completely and totally ignorant to aviation.

Go easy on her, she had no idea what she was talking about, but she spoke anyway. Are you saying that you've never done that?

A woman who I was student teaching under was miffed one day because one of our sixth graders had passed a social studies test with flying colors. Problem was that student was an ESL student and could not read or speak English. She was so upset that one of the teachers aides had helped him she made the whole class reatake the test and she literally cackled with glee privately when everybody (including the student in question) failed miserably, then berated the class for not studying enough. She spent the rest of the day bragging "That'll show 'em" I determined then and there I had nothing to learn from this woman.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline." Frank Zappa

andessmf

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:26 am

Quoting TPAflyer (Reply 2):
My friend worked at Target and he called out "sick". Then decided to go and shop there. His manager saw him and fired him on the spot.

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

Oh, Man! Surely you cant be serious?!

AirPacific747

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:28 am

When I was working in a supermarket a few years ago, one of my colleagues started eating some of the groceries in the supermarket. Our boss saw him on his monitor in the office and fired him on the spot.

TPAflyer

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:28 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 7):

No im serious, trust me, I make fun of him alllll the time.

andessmf

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:33 am

Quoting TPAflyer (Reply 9):
I make fun of him alllll the time.

Well, give us some additional examples!

BTW, our own ex-resident moron used to do this all the time: You would give him something to do. 5 minutes later, he would ask what it was again, and then repeat it 5 minutes later still! Made us wonder what the hell he was doing between the times that he was asking the question.

Or an example of a stupid mistake, shoving your finger in a diaper to find out if baby had gone poo, and finding out that yes, she did. (Not my mistake, BTW)

[Edited 2006-10-23 23:37:44]

Matt D

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:05 am

Back in 1993 when I was a manager at Pizza Hut, I had the following dialogue on the phone with a would-be customer:

Me: "How can I help you?
Customer: "How many slices come in a medium?
Me: "Eight
Customer: "Eight slices?
Me: "Yup
Customer: "I can't eat eight slices of pizza.
Me: "So?
Customer: "So can you cut it into FOUR?
Me: "Sure thing sir. Anything you want."
Customer: "Thank you".

Me: rolled eyes all the way into my skull.

QANTASforever

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:14 am

Never met him, but listen to him regularly and bought the book.....

Mr. Karl Pilkington.

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

Duff44

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:22 am

Quoting TPAflyer (Reply 2):

I had that happen once working at Staples... even worse, the girl showed up in her uniform to shop.

My stupid people rant:
1) Anyone who was driving on Rt 9 in Connecticut this morning. The left is the passing lane, for all the stupid asses who don't know.
2) A friend of mine, who insists his 100% dealer stock 2.0T Jetta has 300hp (in the USA, it has about 200hp stock). He's one of these dummies who always thinks what he has is better than the average, he can always get it cheaper or faster, and can get as many girls as he wants, and NEVER F***ING SHUTS UP ABOUT IT.
3) Another Staples story: a stupid woman who bitched me out for looking at her fax before I sent it. The number was written on the front of the cover sheet, which is the only sheet I saw.

Oh, Man! Surely you cant be serious?

I am serious.... and stop calling me Shirley.

I'm sorry, it had to be done!
 Big grin  Big grin  Big grin
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!

halls120

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:26 am

Quoting Duff44 (Reply 13):
My stupid people rant:
1) Anyone who was driving on Rt 9 in Connecticut this morning. The left is the passing lane, for all the stupid asses who don't know.

you can apply that to almost every US limited access highway. The number of stupid f**ks who camp out in the left lane is simply appalling.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

N1120A

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:29 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 14):
you can apply that to almost every US limited access highway. The number of stupid f**ks who camp out in the left lane is simply appalling.

The only places where I have seen this rule actually obeyed are Arizona and New Mexico. Otherwise, it is really quite annoying.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

andessmf

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:40 am

Oh, Man! Surely you cant be serious?

I'm sorry, it had to be done!

Sir, you are correct! Though I get the feeling only 'ol timers' get that joke now.

Quoting N1120A (Reply 15):
The only places where I have seen this rule actually obeyed are Arizona and New Mexico. Otherwise, it is really quite annoying.

So very true, here in SMF, during rush hour, the faster lanes are the SLOW lanes!

Jetsgo

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:40 am

Working at In-N-Out, you wouldn't believe the people we get. Probably the most common are the ones asking for either a hamburger with cheese, or a cheeseburger with no cheese. I mean COME THE FUCK ON!!! It is not that hard. Think about what you are saying here people. We also get a ton of people who say they want a Pepsi or Sprite, when in fact it says in big bold, Coke and 7UP. Ugh. Rant over.

I also work at Carmax and see a whole new show of stupid there. I remember this one lady in particular who wanted to buy a $21,000 Kia Sorrento. She made a total of $1,000 a month off of SSI and child support. No job or anything! Had two kids. Her sister who made a whopping $1,500 a month from the Army co-signed. Now I don't know why Capital One approved her, but she was, and she had a 22.5% APR! I didn't even know that was legal. Even worse, she took it! Came back four days later to return the car saying she could not afford it. No shit! Sometimes I wish our return policy wouldn't apply to her type.

Chris
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

Matt D

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:55 am

There is like, no one who could like, be like that. I read those posts and I was like no way, that is like, so f-ed up.

Leezyjet

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:57 am

I was once standing on the ramp at LBA watching passengers board the a/c, when some old bloke walks up to me, points at the a/c and asks which is the front !!!.

Smile
"She Rolls, 45 knots, 90, 135, nose comes up to 20 degrees, she's airborne - She flies, Concorde Flies"

jamesbuk

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:04 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 16):
Though I get the feeling only 'ol timers' get that joke now.

Nope still a classic, like "Was that our vector, victor? no that was our clearence clarence, Roger, EHH"

In my maths class (im in top set - which is the smartest) there is a blonde bimbo. Most retarded person you'll meet. Once someone made a funny comment, next day in that lesson she said she finally got that joke etc.

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

JAGflyer

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:19 am

I will think of a better one but for now, working at an airport for a few weeks I answered a call from a pilot with too much air in the bloodstream. Registrations of been changed to protect identities.

Pilot: Flightline Alpha-Bravo-Charlie requesting fuel
Me: A-B-C flightline how much do you need?
Pilot: Full please, that should be about 150 litres total or so.
Me: Check 150 L total thats JetA or 100LL
Pilot: 100LL with PRIST
Me: (laughing), ok sure thing

The funny part is: It was a C185 and those things hold like 50 litres a side, and there is no PRIST (anti-ice/anti-fungal) for AVGAS.

[Edited 2006-10-24 01:27:48]
Support the beer and soda can industry, your recycle old airplanes!

gunsontheroof

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:20 am

I work in retail, I can't pick just one.

andessmf

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:21 am

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 20):

Nope still a classic

Good to see you are keeping up with your classics.

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 20):
ext day in that lesson she said she finally got that joke etc.

On the vein of 'Airplane' jokes, it took me literally about 20 years to finally 'get' the 'drinking problem' joke. When the movie originally came out, it was one of the few available opportunities to see airplanes, and I begged to go see it w/o realizing it was a comedy.

IFEMaster

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:29 am

Quoting QANTASforever (Reply 12):
Mr. Karl Pilkington.

checkmark 

I would love to meet him, though, just to find out if he really is that stupid, or if it was a bit of an exaggeration for the podcast. If he really is that stupid

a) He's making a lot of money off of being stupid right now

and

b) Suzanne can't be all that bright either...
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

deltaownsall

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:37 am

hard to choose just one but...

a friend of mine's "girlfriend" here at vanderbilt is just absolute rocks. the only thing she ever thinks about is fraternity/sorority affiliation...if you ask her about anyone the first and usually only thing she has to say about them is 'he's a beta' or 'she's a tri-delt'...and its hell getting her to follow almost any reasonably intelligent conversation. its upsetting to think that people like here are my 'peers', actually.

QANTASforever

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:03 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 24):
b) Suzanne can't be all that bright either...

How much do you wanna bet she's a little pissed? I don't think saying your girlfriend has a "fat bum" on the world's most downloaded podcast would go down well.

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

Sabena332

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:16 am

Guess what, I was talking with my best friend about the following situation a few days ago:

The stupidest person I've ever met is an ex classmate of me called Lena. We were on a class-trip and a few of us went out to buy alcoholic beverages on the first evening. All of us - except Lena - went back inside the hostel after buying several liters of beer, by coincidence we met a teacher while we went in and he asked where we've been, we told him that we explored the city for a while. Everything was ok until Lena came in, our teacher asked her if she liked the city as well and she replied: "I didn't see much, the boys only bougth beer and we left after that".

banghead   banghead   banghead 

I know that she never had the intention to rat on us, she was simply too stupid to deal with the situation! We asked her later why she did this and she didn't know what we were talking about until further explanation.  banghead 

Yeah, before you ask, we paid for it!  Angry

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

N1120A

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:22 am

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 17):
Probably the most common are the ones asking for either a hamburger with cheese, or a cheeseburger with no cheese.

I understand a hamburger with cheese, but a cheeseburger with no cheese makes absolutely no sense.

don't know why Capital One approved her, but she was, and she had a 22.5% APR! I didn't even know that was legal. Even worse, she took it!

I have seen 26%. It is very common with used cars

Sometimes I wish our return policy wouldn't apply to her type.

Trust me on this, be happy that it applies, because going to repo route is much less fun
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

ORFflyer

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:36 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Thread starter):

Pick a fast food joint, and point to any employee.

I'm glad I don't eat much fast food - those suckers would have a great job if it wasn't for all us pesky customers....

Cadet57

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:39 am

2. NO ONE IN A.NET

Dammit! There goes my humourous quip...

I am serious.... and dont call me Shirley.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

andessmf

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:39 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 28):
don't know why Capital One approved her, but she was, and she had a 22.5% APR! I didn't even know that was legal. Even worse, she took it!

I have seen 26%. It is very common with used cars

Hell, I met plenty of people who believe that the dealer gave them a good deal with those terms. There are plenty of financial morons out there.

BowflexBrennan

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:02 am

This guy that I went to school with always had the newest and best technological advances, and he bragged about them all the time. Like my new computer has a 3.3 megahert processor, it has 200 gigabites of ram storage and a triple exon central mainframe with a fully integrated motherboard with a dual core wifi network card and an 8.2 bigawat command central lan; He never shut up with all the computer lingo, he never clued in that thats why he had no friends.

By the way, if you didn't notice, I have no clue what I'm talking about when it comes to computers.  Big grin

Bobster2

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:10 am

Today I overheard two co-workers talking about how GPS works. One insisted it was radar. The other thought a signal from the satellite bounces off a chip in the GPS receiver and goes back to the satellite.
"I tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn." Jim Morrison

vikkyvik

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:32 am

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 3):
I wouldn't even want to wish that on Satin himself.

Hmmm. I quite like satin. Satan, on the other hand.....

Anyway, one of the stupidest comments I've heard was from my friend's ex-girlfriend. She's from Florida, and we were in California at the time. For some reason, someone mentioned that Massachusetts was in New England.

"New England? That's, like....in the US, right?"

sigh...

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 30):
I am serious.... and dont call me Shirley.

D'oh:

I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

chrisrad

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:41 am

Well, the stupidest person I have ever met and had a relationship with was a A.net member...... biggest mistake of my life
Welcome aboard Malaysia Airlines! Winner of Best Cabin Staff 2001,2002,2003,2004,2007,2009,2012

Cadet57

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:42 am

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 34):
sigh...

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 30):I am serious.... and dont call me Shirley.
D'oh:

Quoting Duff44 (Reply 13):I am serious.... and stop calling me Shirley.

Darn...
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

andessmf

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:42 am

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 34):
She's from Florida, and we were in California at the time. For some reason, someone mentioned that Massachusetts was in New England.

Imagine, I came to the US in 1984, at the time I went to school there was only one other hispanic student. You would not believe the amount of comments about where Ecuador was.

And for those in the know, I had a cousin from Michigan who tried to eat a tamale, w/o removing the wrapper first...

VHVXB

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:47 am

Quoting Chrisrad (Reply 35):
Well, the stupidest person I have ever met and had a relationship with was a A.net member...... biggest mistake of my life

huh who could this be?

deltagator

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:51 am

So many idiots...so little time.

Various clients that I have done work for. I'll spare you the technical talk but one guy debated me on a Cisco IOS command saying that it had to be run on the CallManager server from a command prompt.

He was the one time I lost my patience with a client in front of them and told him to STFU. He got in my face and finally backed down when I said I would kill him right there if he didn't back away. The hilarious thing was his boss backed me up though I did get a stern talking to about my loss of temper. I'm not sure how he even walked upright he was so freaking stupid. He was fired not much after that incident.

I almost have to enter myself into the mix when I read the blurb about the person calling in sick and then shopping at their store. I called in sick so I could go to a Gator game when I was in school. I returned to work the next day with a horendous sunburn from being on the sunny side of Florida Field for the game. At least I didn't get caught in person.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

andessmf

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:52 am

Quoting VHVXB (Reply 38):
huh who could this be?

Possibilities are endless...
But:

First, lets set some ground rules:

1. No politicians
2. NO ONE IN A.NET

chrisrad

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:58 am

Quoting VHVXB (Reply 38):
Quoting Chrisrad (Reply 35):Well, the stupidest person I have ever met and had a relationship with was a A.net member...... biggest mistake of my life
huh who could this be?

Gee, I wonder.......

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 40):
Possibilities are endless...
But:

Quoting AndesSMF (Thread starter):First, lets set some ground rules:

1. No politicians
2. NO ONE IN A.NET

It's ok, they are no longer a member of a.net
Welcome aboard Malaysia Airlines! Winner of Best Cabin Staff 2001,2002,2003,2004,2007,2009,2012

andessmf

Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:02 pm

Quoting Chrisrad (Reply 41):
It's ok, they are no longer a member of a.net

Well, then, spill the beans! Inquiring minds want to know.

WrenchBender

Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:06 pm

A guy that used to work for me went AWOL to camp out overnight to get Oilers Playoff tickets (1990 era). He was stupid enough to get interviewed by the local sports channel after his wife called in sick for him. The CO had a sense of humour and confined him to barracks for the duration of the Stanley cup finals that year.

WrenchBender
Silly Pilot, Tricks are for kids.......

SInGAPORE_AIR

Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:12 pm

2. NO ONE IN A.NET

Well that's no fun.
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

chrisrad

Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:20 pm

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 42):
Quoting Chrisrad (Reply 41):It's ok, they are no longer a member of a.net
Well, then, spill the beans! Inquiring minds want to know.

Well I won't divulge the name, but I'll say this much, I had a relationship with him, he completely used me to get what he wanted, I just gave, gave and gave like a blind fool. I put up with his tantrums and psychotic episodes like a 12 year old child for months. I gave him an opportunity for a better life but he decided to throw all of that in my face. He decided never to speak to me agian after I asked him why he lied to me over something. Since then he refuses any communication and to top it all off has kept quite a number of my personal belongings which I wan't back- all attempts by me and others have failed, to the stage that I have been called a "A Fat Stalker" because I want my own things back? I could write many more pages on everything that happened...

[Edited 2006-10-24 05:21:59]

andessmf

Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:34 pm

Quoting Chrisrad (Reply 45):

Sometimes it is better to just walk away, and from your side it seems better that you no longer have contact with such a person.

Good luck to you in the future, no more questions from my side.

joffie

Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:45 pm

Quoting Chrisrad (Reply 45):
Well I won't divulge the name, but I'll say this much, I had a relationship with him, he completely used me to get what he wanted, I just gave, gave and gave like a blind fool. I put up with his tantrums and psychotic episodes like a 12 year old child for months. I gave him an opportunity for a better life but he decided to throw all of that in my face. He decided never to speak to me agian after I asked him why he lied to me over something. Since then he refuses any communication and to top it all off has kept quite a number of my personal belongings which I wan't back- all attempts by me and others have failed, to the stage that I have been called a "A Fat Stalker" because I want my own things back? I could write many more pages on everything that happened...

I wouldn't worrey about him. He has had a recent cry and have blocked me. Apprantly he reckens i have been giving u information about him which is complete b.s

anyway back to the topic: I once overhead some people say "does the driver use a steering wheel to drive this train"

ShyFlyer

Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:05 pm

A couple of stories that have been told to me by friends/family:
Tales from Wal-Mart
Man walks into store, proceeds directly to electronics department and browses the VCRs and DVD players and accessories. After a few minutes of contemplation, asks the employee assigned to the department if they have any DVD rewinders in stock.

Woman returns one of those assemble-it-yourself entertainment centers. When asked what the problem was, she states that "it didn't entertain me."

Everyone in New Mexico has heard some variation of the following:
"New Mexico? Don't you, like, need a passport or something to go there?"

[Edited 2006-10-24 06:08:35]
I lift things up and put them down.

chrisrad

Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:28 pm

Quoting Joffie (Reply 47):
I wouldn't worrey about him. He has had a recent cry and have blocked me. Apprantly he reckens i have been giving u information about him which is complete b.s

Sorry to hear that you have been succombed by his MSN Blocking scare tactics, it just proves he is not mentally or emotionally stable.
It's amazing the more people see his true side the more people realise who he is. The more people have talked to me about him, the more stories I have heard, the more amazing the whole situation becomes
I endured his antics for months on end, I accepted him the way he was in the hope that he would slowly mature and grow up, but in the end he was the one who decided the fate of our relationship.
But for him sitting at home all day everyday addicted to the computer and the net is normal life. MSN and forums are his entire life, he lives in a complete fantasy world. Instead of trying to find a job, trying to go back to school, I mean who is that lazy that they woudlnt even organise their unemployment benefits?
The thing is I know so much about him, that if I posted everything here there would be a lot of questions for him to answer.

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 46):
Sometimes it is better to just walk away, and from your side it seems better that you no longer have contact with such a person.

Good luck to you in the future, no more questions from my side.

Thankyou, it still doesnt give him the right to keep $200 worth of DVD's which I worked hard to be able to get. I can't afford to re-purchase those