QXatFAT
Topic Author

Thoughts On Sen. Barack Obama?

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:40 pm

Hey everyone. So I have been reading up on some people I seem to think will be running for President in 2 years. I am a Republican and a very strong on at that. I will come back to that in a bit. So I have been watching what Sen. McCain has been doing seeing as he might be the front runner for the Republican Party. Good ol Condie maybe if Hillary runs and no other big name man does. But you know what, as much as I hate it, McCain would make the worst President ever! After reading up on Sen. Barack Obama, I would vote for him without a doubt for President. Now my very Republican family and co-workers and friends think I am off the wall. But what I see in Barack Obama is nothing like the rest of the Democrats that are around. He is very strong in what he believes in but is for the American People and NOT just for what his party says. I believe he is the perfect man to step in behind President Bush to help bring an end to this terror conflict in Iraq without pulling everyone out at the same time. He can also from what I am getting out of his speaches, would still protect our country just as good with the way he presents himself in diplomatic things.

What do you all think of Sen. Barack Obama? 2008 President?
Don't Tread On Me!

deltagator

RE: Thoughts On Sen. Barack Obama?

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:12 pm

Quoting QXatFAT (Thread starter):
I believe he is the perfect man to step in behind President Bush to help bring an end to this terror conflict in Iraq without pulling everyone out at the same time.

Yet he called for the removal of troops by the end of 2006 this past Sunday on Meet The Press.

I'm not sure yet. For some reason I get this twicth that he is hiding something. I won't go so far as to say "Manchurian Candidate" hiding but something just doesn't seem right with him.

As for him running in 2008 I have no idea. I think it is too soon for him to run since he's only a first term Senator. When was the last time a sitting Senator was elected President? Quite a while IIRC. Pperhaps Kennedy? He has an uphill battle if he runs.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

ANCFlyer

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:27 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 1):
Yet he called for the removal of troops by the end of 2006 this past Sunday on Meet The Press.

But IMMEDIATELY backpeddled, saying he had written that comment in his book about 3 months ago . . . therefore he now thinks the troops would have to stay longer.

O'Bama seems to be able to talk the talk - to everyone. I don't know anyone that has a particular disdain for him . . . that said: He's not yet finished a term as a US Senator and has therefore not been around long enough to make any real mistakes.

Personally, if he's gonna make a mistake - and he will - he's human - I'd rather he do it in the Senate than in the Oval Office.

Lastly, one of my pet peeves: No military service. Yet he desires to be Commander in Chief? Doesn't sit well with me.

Thus far - with the exposure I have to Mr. O'Bama, and I watched the Meet the Press show this weekend, he doesn't unimpress me. At the same time - he doesn't impress me.

I think he should finish his term in the US Senate. He might well be a decent 2012 candidate. I don't think he should run in '08 based on my comments above.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Mir

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:36 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 2):
O'Bama

Obama. African, not Irish.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

ANCFlyer

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:43 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 3):
O'Bama

Obama. African, not Irish.

Whatever . . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

102IAHexpress

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:03 pm

He hasn’t even finished one term in the Senate, and he’s already thinking about running for president?

All i know is, if the Democrats don’t nominate Senator Biden, then they deserve to lose in 2008.

NeilYYZ

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:05 pm

Seems like a fairly charismatic fellow, can hold an audience, hell, he's held my attention, and I'm a Conservative/Republican that lives in Canada.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

AsstChiefMark

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:13 pm

He has some good ideas. But he doesn't have enough experience. However, the longer he stays in the Senate, the more likely he is of becoming a corrupt bureaucrat.

I think I'd rather have someone with less experience than "too much."

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

deltagator

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:23 pm

But IMMEDIATELY backpeddled, saying he had written that comment in his book about 3 months ago . . . therefore he now thinks the troops would have to stay longer.

Indeed he did. I went back and listened a little more closely to the podcast of the show and sure enough he was backpeddling.

he doesn't unimpress me. At the same time - he doesn't impress me.

That about sums up my feelings on the guy. There just isn't enough out there or a record to really be able to make a decision on him yet.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

stlgph

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:57 pm

As a native of Illinois and someone who voted for him in the election...

I am pleased that Obama has been elected to the office of the Senate. He did it legitimately through his own work and was not elected because of a legacy or status quo. It is also nice to have "a name" from the midwest and not restricted to the coasts.

I am pleased that he has received attention and praise for his works and efforts, and for the most part, remains cool, calm, and collected. Of course it remains to be seen if this is all just "show and tell" because he's the new kid on the block, but if he's still podcasting in 25 years, well then...there you have it.

I am pleased because these two comments alone bring about a charisma that make him seem a little more "exciting" than most. I think this "excitement" is drawing in a new audience to be paying attention to the political spectrum moreso than before. I am personally an example of this. Thanks to him, I have paid closer attention to some issues than before.

He is light years off from becoming anything like a messiah, but there is great potential in Senator O'Bama. It is also good for Illinois politics, as well. While I do not foresee him in the Oval Office in 2008, if he continues down the path he is going now, his name on the ballot box will be inevitable.

hey at least he owned up to it and why he changed his mind complete with a feasible explaination. he's got that going for him more so than a lot of people in his party or the other party...which is a nice change.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

ANCFlyer

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:03 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 9):
there is great potential in Senator O'Bama

Agree

hey at least he owned up to it and why he changed his mind complete with a feasible explaination

Also agree

if he continues down the path he is going now, his name on the ballot box will be inevitable.

And agree.

TedTAce

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:37 pm

First of all I know very little about him, but from what I understand, he's very much the dyed in the wool liberal with a history of voting the party line. Other then that he hasn't been around long enough to have much in the way of controversy (save the way he was elected in the first place, but that's not his fault per-say). The question is going to be will conservatives vote for a black man with an obvious liberal agenda. Colin Powell has a better chance of being president in my eyes, but maybe I'm understimating the current administrations ability to swing voters to the democrat side.
This space intentionally left blank

Klaus

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:40 pm

Lastly, one of my pet peeves: No military service. Yet he desires to be Commander in Chief? Doesn't sit well with me.

GWB allegedly has a military past, and he has run the US military into the ground worse than anybody since Viet Nam.

This point is completely and utterly bogus. With a competent military leadership (I see numerous openings for promotions coming up in the time ahead) and a political head of government who is capable of actually listening to them you'll be light years better off than with the ideological and semi-incestuous mess you've got right now.

I was somewhat impressed with Obama on "Meet the Press", but so far I can only say that he may be a good president. One thing is certain: He is extremely unlikely to be as bad as Bush.

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 11):
The question is going to be will conservatives vote for a black man with an obvious liberal agenda.

At least from the outside it looks as if the sentiment might be "Just make the bullshit stop!"

And Obama might be the right one for that - he's sober, intelligent, has some respect for the chanllenges and last but not least seems to actually take an interest in the issues with a minimum of ideology.

[Edited 2006-10-24 14:42:31]

Pope

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:19 pm

I just started reading the time article on him from last week. I think he's going to be a political force to be recond with in the years to come. I don't think the establishment will like a first term Senator leapfrogging everyone whose put their time in and trying to be president before he's even served one whole term.

If he's smart he might want to aim for the VP slot behind HRC or a more centrist Democrat.

My fear is that racisim is still too prevalent in too many parts of this country for a black President or VP. The race issue is an even bigger deal if you pair him up with a woman Presidential candidate.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

ANCFlyer

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:35 pm

Quoting Klaus (Reply 12):
This point is completely and utterly bogus.

No it is not.

Klaus, I've already stated over and over the PotUS Military past wouldn't make a pimple on a Good Sergeant Major's ass. First point eliminated.

Furthermore, the running of the military into the ground was initiated by Bush 1 and accelerated by Clinton. You need to get your facts straight Klaus, you're damn sure outta your league when you talk about the US Military to me. Stick to Apple Computers and Global Warming . . . second point eliminated.

If you're going to be Commander in Chief of the US Military I think you need to have served in the Military. One of the biggest reasons the US Military has been allowed to fester and decline is the LACK of people in government with the balls and temerity to serve their country in a uniform. It's contemptable to me. Look at the numbers of Congresspersons and Senators that have ever served in ANY military service and you'll see those numbers rapidly declining. The lack of empathy on their part is directly attributable to the position the US Military finds itself in today . . . undermanned, undergunned and underequipped . . .

Couple that with lousy leadership and you've got a recipe for a mega-disaster.

Klaus

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:57 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 14):
. . undermanned, undergunned and underequipped . . .

All really minor points relative to mis- and overused without need.

Without that, there would be no major problem.

ltbewr

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:03 pm

There seems to be several issues that support Sen. Obama in 2008 to run for President, although I wish he could wait until 2012 but the timing is a problem to allow that.
His new book shows his positive attitude of hope for the Country and the world is to me a key supporting point for him. John F. Kennedy, Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton all ran and became popular Presidents in part because of the positive messages and views of America and the world they supported and clearly made in their speeches.
Sen. Obama isn't from the coasts and although from the Chicago area, is considered a midwest person. That distances him from the extreme liberals of the Democratic Party, although he clearly supports traditional liberal views.
He shows a excellent demeanor, personality, an excellent ability to speak, able to think on his feet, all of which is desirable in a potential President.
Many Democrats cannot support Sen. Clinton for a variety of reasons, so Obama may be a default alternative to her.
As to him being part black, so what! I think American may be more ready for a person in part of Black ancestry than so far in it's history. We have had a number of Black persons in key roles in our governments for a number of years now so that shouldn't even be an issue. More importantly, some reasoned working class whites could identify better with the experience of Black Americans in recent years with the job losses and economic issues that are common to both groups.

ANCFlyer

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:38 pm

Quoting Klaus (Reply 15):
Without that, there would be no major problem

Except North Korea and Iran and the continuing lack of ability to respond, in force, world wide . . .

Like I said Klaus, better stick to your computers and Global Warming . . . you're better suited there.

Dougloid

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:45 pm

Quoting 102IAHexpress (Reply 5):

He hasn’t even finished one term in the Senate, and he’s already thinking about running for president?

All i know is, if the Democrats don’t nominate Senator Biden, then they deserve to lose in 2008.

The way things are going for the Republicans, the Demos could nominate and elect a trained pony in 2008.

It's all good, though. President Grant can stop rolling over in his grave now at about 700 rpm, as another Republican administration can take the title for worst ever.

When Bush purloined the election with the assistance of the Supremes and the bitch, my conclusion was that the people had spoke and they were going to get what they wanted, good and hard. And so it is.

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

Klaus

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:50 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 17):
Except North Korea and Iran and the continuing lack of ability to respond, in force, world wide . . .

Those problems have suffered far worse from the incompetent political and diplomatic handling of affairs than from the modifications of the military.

If all you have (or think of) is a hammer, everything looks like a nail...!

ANCFlyer

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:53 pm

Quoting Klaus (Reply 19):

Quite true . . .

But you know what really sucks shit Klaus . . . to have a couple nails sticking you in the ass, and no hammer about with which to drive them home . . . on the off chance one is needed.

Klaus

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:58 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 20):
But you know what really sucks shit Klaus . . . to have a couple nails sticking you in the ass, and no hammer about with which to drive them home . . . on the off chance one is needed.

I think you're approaching that particular problem the wrong way around (proving the point), but maybe that's just me...!   

[Edited 2006-10-24 17:04:57]

Dougloid

Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:08 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 19):

And, be it remembered, the nail that sticks up gets hammered down.
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

QXatFAT
Topic Author

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:56 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 13):
If he's smart he might want to aim for the VP slot behind HRC or a more centrist Democrat.

That would NOT be the smart thing. Obama is far more inteligent in my opinion then HRC is. Would be a far better President then her. So put him in front and him behind.

The big issue right now would be SS and the "War on Terror". Can he solve these problems and protect America at its fullest? HRC can not do that. Obama I believe can do this and is perfect to come in behind Bush. Hes not the tipical Dem so he wont be a pansy and pleace love joy and everyone will be nice to us
Don't Tread On Me!

ArtieFufkin

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:16 am

True progressives like myself tend to shy away from this guy. He's nice, polished. But talks in ambiguous generalities like H. Clinton. Like Clinton he measures the "sense" of public opinion and speaks accordingly. Triangulating to appeal to the most voters. That's not true leadership IMO. Some things are not popular but need to be done. Obama would never go out on limb. Issue wise, although he voted against Bush's repeal of civil liberties, he never took the fight to Bush beforehand like a leader would.

His campaign is DOA. He's in the mold of Clinton. She's has the middle of the road Dems locked up. Clinton is only vulnerable from the left and Obama is not a progressive.

[Edited 2006-10-24 20:25:32]

Falcon84

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:38 am

As far as I'm concerned, that is THE LAST thing I look at with anyone running for President. Had the founding Fathers wanted military men, they'd have made it a requirement or just let the military run the nation.

They chose civilians to OVERSEE the military. And that's the way it should be. There's nothing wrong with hm/her having served, but there's nothing wrong if they haven't. After all, C-in-C isn't their only title, ANC. I'd rather have a civilian who picks outstanding military minds underneath him, than a military man, who might think he knows it all.

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 7):
I think I'd rather have someone with less experience than "too much."

You might have a point there. We always complain about lifers in Washington, and this guy certainly isn't that at this point.

If you're going to be Commander in Chief of the US Military I think you need to have served in the Military.

Again, I strongly disagree. That rules out a whole lot of bright, talented people for one reason, and that's not going to help this nation.

Lincoln wasn't a military man, and he did just fine, ANC. In contrast, his opponent in 1864, George McClellan, was lifelong military, damn near lost the war for Lincoln, and would have been a disaster as president.

Jimmy Carter was military-tell me how good he was as C-in-C?
Work Right, Fly Hard

dvk

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:49 am

Lack of experience hasn't kept others from becoming President. Look at Zachary Taylor, Grant and Eisenhower. Oops, perhaps not good examples. Taylor died after a year and a half in office, Grant was a disaster, and Eisenhower had a comparatively cushy eight years. Oh wait, W's only experience was a term and a half in one of the constitutionally weakest governorships in the U.S.  scratchchin 

On second thought, Obama probably does need more experience before he runs for President.
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.

jetjack74

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:29 am

The guy is a likable person by many, but his likability seems like the only thing about him many people know about him. It seems like he's campaigning for something. But his overall views are somewhat of a mystery. But just becuase Oprah endorses him, doesn't mean he is the Messiah.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 1):
I'm not sure yet. For some reason I get this twicth that he is hiding something. I won't go so far as to say "Manchurian Candidate" hiding but something just doesn't seem right with him.

That's what I was thinking. He has a lot of charisma, alot like Clinton. He gives great speeches, which they almost mirror his keynote speech as if he's giving the same speech. His vision is what the people of the United States need to know, not just great speeches. It seems like he's afraid of letting the cat out of the bag which is a  redflag .

O'Bama seems to be able to talk the talk - to everyone.

Yes, i'm wondering if it's all talk and no action.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 25):

As far as I'm concerned, that is THE LAST thing I look at with anyone running for President. Had the founding Fathers wanted military men, they'd have made it a requirement or just let the military run the nation.

I don't think it should be a prerequisite for national office. If we start requiring military service for public office, then we concievably, we could be coming dangerously close to paralleling gov'ts that are military style regimes, perhaps. However, I do look for candidates that have a backround in the US Military when I look at candidates, for men anyway. Women weren't in the military in big numbers until the late 50's, so women who are of age to serve in high posts in gov't are less likely to be military veterans. As years go by, they'll begin to appear and it may be something I hold up in comparison in future.

Jimmy Carter was military-tell me how good he was as C-in-C?

Well, there are some on the left today who believe Carter was a great president.
Made from jets!

N174UA

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:30 am

McCain would make the worst President ever!

Ummmm....really? Based on your opinion, or a set of facts? You don't give us anything to go on here.

He is very strong in what he believes in but is for the American People and NOT just for what his party says

Well, for now. Wait until he gets elected, then he'll have no choice but to sell himself out to a group of special interests. Doesn't matter what party. It just happens. That's DC. That's politics.

Clinton was a draft dodger, Bush served...well, oh, never mind. I think Reagan was in the military, and we all know Bush #41 was shot down. The only president with credible experience is Bush #41. To me, it depends on how in touch the Pres. is with what's going on, as well as his direct reports.

Precisely. Pure political opportunism. But he's not solely guilty. Same holds true with Senator Smiley (Kerry's running mate, whoever he was) and there are numerous other examples.

Talk about losing...Senator Biden is a left wing whacko. I don't who's worse...him or that idiot who's going to become speaker of the house.

In all fairness, if Obama is on the ballot, I'll research him and hear what he has to say. I'm fed up with extremism at this point, on both sides, and I'm willing to vote for a Democrat if that person proves to me they truly are a uniter and not a divider. Bush isn't, that much is for sure. Neither is Bill-ary. If Obama is remotely aligned with a wacko group in the Democratic party, then he's lost my vote. I also won't be voting for a right-wing screwball, either. And yeah, that means you, Mitt Romney, you used-car salesman looking chump!

Falcon84

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:45 am

Quoting N174UA (Reply 28):
I think Reagan was in the military

Reagan was a commissioned officer, I believe, but only because he did morale films for the military. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. He never served in active duty.
Work Right, Fly Hard

dvk

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:47 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 27):
Well, there are some on the left today who believe Carter was a great president.

And there are many on the right who think Watergate was no big deal.  crazy 
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.

gunsontheroof

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:52 am

They chose civilians to OVERSEE the military. And that's the way it should be. There's nothing wrong with hm/her having served, but there's nothing wrong if they haven't. After all, C-in-C isn't their only title, ANC. I'd rather have a civilian who picks outstanding military minds underneath him, than a military man, who might think he knows it all.

checkmark 

That said, I can understand ANC's pet peeve. I'd imagine serving in the armed forces under a commander in chief who never served himself would be rather frustrating for a soldier, but I don't think that previous military service is all that important in a President for the 297,000,000 Americans who aren't serving in the military. If anything, previous service in the upper levels of government should be a prerequisite to the presidency.

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 24):
True progressives like myself tend to shy away from this guy. He's nice, polished. But talks in ambiguous generalities like H. Clinton. Like Clinton he measures the "sense" of public opinion and speaks accordingly.

I'm definetly not as eager to join Obama's cheerleading squad as a lot of my fellow leftists seem to be, but I'd be much more inclined to give my vote to him than I'd be to give it to Hillary Clinton in '08. Either way, I think Obama could stand to gain a little more political experience before running. If we don't see him in 2008, we can count on seeing him in 2012.

PSA727

Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:28 am

For a person who hasn't even completed 2 full years of congressional
service, he seems to have an inflated view of his achievements.

If he thinks that by 2008, or by next summer for early primary reasons,
his resume will have impressed the masses to get him nominated as the
Democrats' presidential choice.....well, let me put it this way.....it didn't
work for John Edwards (and he came from a "red" state).

He also has a very short voting record since he's only held office for about
21 months. And even then, he voted against the nominations of both Supreme Court justices Roberts and Alito. Great if you're a liberal, but not
if you're moderate, and even worse if you're conservative.

But I say to him....Go For It! because it deflates the political value of Hillary.
fly high, pay low...Germanwings!

QXatFAT
Topic Author

Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:45 am

Ummmm....really? Based on your opinion, or a set of facts? You don't give us anything to go on here.

Well considering that this is an OPINION thread, I would say its my opinion sense most of everyones responses to weather he should run or not is based on their opinion. So yes N174UA, it is my OPINION that Sen. McCain would make a bad President. Sorry about not stating that after my comment.

Thanks
Don't Tread On Me!

Falcon84

Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:46 am

Quoting Dvk (Reply 30):
Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 27):

And there are many on the right who think Watergate was no big deal.

And neither side in that one is correct.
Work Right, Fly Hard

stlgph

Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:47 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 10):
there is great potential in Senator O'Bama

Agree

At the same time while there is this great potential and there is popularity about Senator Obama, I want see him earn and keep his potential and popularity on a legitimate basis through his performance, not because Oprah happens to be a fan. While it's nice to have fans, the Oprah Book Club Effect could hurt the other potential candidates for the 2008 and 2012 elections. If all you keep hearing is "Obama this and Obama that" then what happens when you try to discuss say...Evan Bayh, a great potential in a possible bigger scheme political arena, if you ask me, with someone.

Evan who?
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

bushpilot

Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:57 am

I think he could be PotUS someday, I just dont know if 08 is right for him. I think he is a great speaker, and I think it is time for us to give someone else a chance in the oval office rather than the same rich white guy that we have paraded through for the last 220 odd years.
lack of military service could hurt him in some circles, but I dont think that should be a prerequisite for holding that office. I would rather have someone who hasnt served than someone who showed up and was a flunky and given an easy ride because of who is daddy is. I think being born to immigrants is a good thing as well for him. I would probably vote for him, but I think he would be better off waiting until 2012.

Aloha717200

Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:03 am

The only president with credible experience is Bush #41.

I believe Ike has him beat.

AirCop

Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:17 am

f you're going to be Commander in Chief of the US Military I think you need to have served in the Military. One of the biggest reasons the US Military has been allowed to fester and decline is the LACK of people in government with the balls and temerity to serve their country in a uniform. It's contemptable to me. Look at the numbers of Congresspersons and Senators that have ever served in ANY military service and you'll see those numbers rapidly declining.

Military service not a requirement but it would help. Let see the current occupant is National Guard (won't discuss his service), Clinton-no service, Bush I-served in WWII got shot down, 40 years before taking office, RR - made movies, Carter-USN, so yes, getting excellent military people in the Pentagon is very important. Number of politicals in Washington that served is extremely small, I don't recall the exact number, and as such they have no idea what military personnel, their families put up with to defend our country and what the real needs are.

satx

Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:43 pm

Had the founding Fathers wanted military men, they'd have made it a requirement or just let the military run the nation.

Might as well become the United States of Burma. We just got done giving Gomer Pyle eight years to bump into every major pitfall he could find. Oh, but he was in the forces so he must be a better leader. Enough of this military service = quality leadership nonsense. Having a civilan at the top is supposed to help prevent the bullshit we currently have erupting in Iraq. What numskulls we have for voters.

I'm a war president!
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...