Jetsgo

Good Sources For Research

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:31 am

Hey there everyone. I am writing a paper on the Federal Highway Act of 1956 and have a few questions for you guys. Do you know of any good internet websites or software programs that offer a good amount of detailed information on some rather remote topics? I have done the basics like typing "Federal Highway Act" into various search engines, along with Wikipedia, but I am looking to go even more in depth. I plan to go to the library tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone has any recommendations? Thanks in advance everyone!

Chris
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

AirCop

RE: Good Sources For Research

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:58 am

Have you check something like History of the Interstate Highway System or President Eisenhower and the highway system ? I can tell you Arizona was the last state to join in.

[Edited 2006-10-28 03:59:18]

kmh1956

Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:11 am

Quoting JetsGo (Thread starter):
along with Wikipedia

Don't use Wikipedia unless you're absolutely certain that your university will allow it as a trusted source. My university won't allow us to use Wikipedia at all!!

I'd try going to government sites..can't think of any offhand, but I did a paper on the FAA not that long ago (we got to choose our government agency) and I used faa.gov as a resource. There must be a website for the DoT somewhere. Try dot.gov or something or the Library of Congress website.
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

mdsh00

Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:18 am

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 2):
Don't use Wikipedia unless you're absolutely certain that your university will allow it as a trusted source. My university won't allow us to use Wikipedia at all!!

Yeah don't use Wikipedia. But sometimes those articles have sources listed in them, and you could go there.
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

Bobster2

Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:39 am

Use a9.com to search full text books on Amazon. You can't read the entire books, but you can see the most relevant pages, and that can sometimes be very helpful.
"I tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn." Jim Morrison