ctbarnes

Anyone Own Teva Sandals?

Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:40 pm

After 11 years I decided to retire my old pair of Birkenstocks. I picked up a pair of Teva Hurricane's at a sporting goods store going out of business sale for $20.00 The tag said they were size 11 but when I got them home I discovered that they were actually size 12-there was a mistake on the tag. I can't take them back (all sales final), so I've been giving them a try.

They seem comfortable enough, with the support seemingly in the right places, but they do seem like I'm walking around with two large tires on my feet (obviously!?) Does anyone have any experience with Teva's? In your experience, do they tend to run small?

Any comments or experiences would be great! Thanks!

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

FlyingTexan

RE: Anyone Own Teva Sandals?

Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:55 pm

I'm a dyed in the wool Teva fan!

Quoting Ctbarnes (Thread starter):
Does anyone have any experience with Teva's? In your experience, do they tend to run small?

Yes, they tend to run small. Only at first do they feel like you are wearing large tires. But once you break them in, all is good. I'm on my second and third pair. My first pair lasted +/- 6 years. I wore them all over the world, in all kinds of terrain. In June 2004, I came across an "out of season" sale price of $20 a pair at Famous Footware in the Boulevard Mall in LAS. I bought 2 pairs of the same style because I knew I'd use them (and they rang up $10 each!!!) When the current year's model comes out, they are priced at like $64.99 or more. I wear Tevas only - weather permitting - unless I have to venture into an office (like I did today, first time I wore slacks in like 2 or 3 months). Carry a spare pair of socks with you if you are flying - due to the TSA's shoe fetish you don't want to walk in others' funk.

My feet have very pronunced tan lines of the Teva straps. You'll enjoy yours for many years.
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

KevinL1011

Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:46 pm

Quoting FlyingTexan (Reply 1):
Carry a spare pair of socks with you if you are flying

AH HA!
I'm not the only one who should be punished for wearing socks and sandals!

What about YOU Chaz? Is the fashion police going to do a "Rodney King" number on you too?  biggrin 

474218, Carl, You will be missed.

FlyingTexan

Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:17 pm

Quoting KevinL1011 (Reply 2):
AH HA!
I'm not the only one who should be punished for wearing socks and sandals!

No, no, no. I don't wear socks with sandals. I put socks on if the TSA's shoe fetish is in effect.
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

KevinL1011

Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:24 pm

Quoting FlyingTexan (Reply 3):
No, no, no. I don't wear socks with sandals

And you didn't inhale or have sex with that woman. Ever considered running for President?  Wink
474218, Carl, You will be missed.

srbmod

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:53 pm

Hello, 1994 called. They want their sandals back.......