cedars747

Mystery Of Israel's Secret Uranium Bomb

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:54 pm

Alarm over radioactive legacy left by attack on Lebanon.
Did Israel use a secret new uranium-based weapon in southern Lebanon this summer in the 34-day assault that cost more than 1,300 Lebanese lives, most of them civilians?
Alex!!!
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion !لدي شغف للطيران !I have a passion for aviation !Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart!j'ai

bravo45

RE: Mystery Of Israel's Secret Uranium Bomb

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:53 pm

Wow! I am under the impression that Robert Fisk's work has been crucial for the admission of Israeli use of cluster bombs etc. Didn't know how deep this hole goes. With the allegations of use of radioactive material almost being like conspiracy theories in wars from Vietnam to Iraq etc I hope in Lebanon some one does a complete investigation and bring forth an indisputable conclusion. I for one, wouldn't be surprised, the question in that case would be the reaction of the rest of the world. Yet another UN resolution of condemnation wouldn't be enough, there are too many of those to no effect already.

777236ER

Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:27 pm

You have to bear in mind that the Independent is a left-wing tabloid rag.
Your bone's got a little machine

ME AVN FAN

Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:35 pm

Quoting Cedars747 (Thread starter):
a secret new uranium-based weapon in southern Lebanon this summer in the 34-day assault

-
most interesting. Just read the full article. HEre some excerpts, to give a picture :
-
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Robert Fisk: Mystery of Israel's secret uranium bomb
Published: 28 October 2006
-
Did Israel use a secret new uranium-based weapon in southern Lebanon this summer in the 34-day assault that cost more than 1,300 Lebanese lives, most of them civilians?
-
We know that the Israelis used American "bunker-buster" bombs on Hizbollah's Beirut headquarters. We know that they drenched southern Lebanon with cluster bombs in the last 72 hours of the war, leaving tens of thousands of bomblets which are still killing Lebanese civilians every week.
-
But scientific evidence gathered from at least two bomb craters in Khiam and At-Tiri, the scene of fierce fighting between Hizbollah guerrillas and Israeli troops last July and August, suggests that uranium-based munitions may now also be included in Israel's weapons inventory - and were used against targets in Lebanon. According to Dr Chris Busby, the British Scientific Secretary of the European Committee on Radiation Risk, two soil samples thrown up by Israeli heavy or guided bombs showed "elevated radiation signatures". Both have been forwarded for further examination to the Harwell laboratory in Oxfordshire for mass spectrometry - used by the Ministry of Defence - which has confirmed the concentration of uranium isotopes in the samples. Dr Busby's initial report states that there are two possible reasons for the contamination. "The first is that the weapon was some novel small experimental nuclear fission device or other experimental weapon (eg, a thermobaric weapon) based on the high temperature of a uranium oxidation flash ... The second is that the weapon was a bunker-busting conventional uranium penetrator weapon employing enriched uranium rather than depleted uranium." A photograph of the explosion of the first bomb shows large clouds of black smoke that might result from burning uranium.
-
American and British forces used hundreds of tons of depleted uranium (DU) shells in Iraq in 1991 - their hardened penetrator warheads manufactured from the waste products of the nuclear industry - and five years later, a plague of cancers emerged across the south of Iraq.
-
"When a uranium penetrator hits a hard target, the particles of the explosion are very long-lived in the environment," Dr Busby said yesterday. "They spread over long distances. They can be inhaled into the lungs. The military really seem to believe that this stuff is not as dangerous as it is." Yet why would Israel use such a weapon when its targets - in the case of Khiam, for example - were only two miles from the Israeli border? The dust ignited by DU munitions can be blown across international borders, just as the chlorine gas used in attacks by both sides in the First World War often blew back on its perpetrators.
-
-
Incredible stuff !

mandala499

Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:47 pm

Well, not so much a "secret Uranium Bomb"...
I don't buy the "experimental nuclear device" idea... but depleted uranium and/or enriched uranium is plausible. Depleted Uranium is probably the cause.

The disturbing thing is ""When a uranium penetrator hits a hard target, the particles of the explosion are very long-lived in the environment," Dr Busby said yesterday. "They spread over long distances. They can be inhaled into the lungs. The military really seem to believe that this stuff is not as dangerous as it is." Yet why would Israel use such a weapon when its targets - in the case of Khiam, for example - were only two miles from the Israeli border? The dust ignited by DU munitions can be blown across international borders, just as the chlorine gas used in attacks by both sides in the First World War often blew back on its perpetrators.

So, when there's a rise in cancer in northern Israel, what will happen?
1. Israel blames Hizbullah or terrorists for leaking radioactive material into the atmosphere from Lebanon?
2. Israel accuses Hizbullah of firing DU or Enriched Uranium tipped Katyushas supplied by the Iranians?
3. Pretend it never happens?

And then... Hizbullah sees an increase in cancer in it's areas in Lebanon... what will happen?
1. Hizzie blames Israel for using radioactive munitions?
2. Hizzie blames Israel again for killing Lebanese?
3. They'll buy Katuysha rockets with depleted or enriched Uranium from Iran and starts firing it at Haifa again in revenge?

It just won't stop would it? Unless, someone has common sense and stop this circle (Don't count on GWB on this one!  Smile )

Mandala499
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

ME AVN FAN

Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:57 pm

Quoting Mandala499 (Reply 4):
common sense and stop this circle (Don't count on GWB

Well, there in 2 years and 3 months will be a new person in the White House, and I hope we then can count on her.

mandala499

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:00 pm

HER? Not Condie Rice I hope!

LOL

Mandala499
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

Beaucaire

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:06 pm

Hillary Clinton is about as pro-Israel as any potential presidential candidate in the US. It is a pre-requisite to support Israel 100% against all odds- so democrats or republicans-it will not make any difference at all in terms of ME politics.
There is nothing wrong in being pro-Israel-,as long as you are balanced pro Israel/pro arab world.But this being a rather difficult exercise for an american president,I see no shift whatsoever ahead....
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

cedars747

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:08 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 5):
and I hope we then can count on her.

Quoting Mandala499 (Reply 6):
HER? Not Condie Rice I hope!

OH MON DIEUX.....NOOOO Condi nooooo  Wow!  Wow!  Wow! That's the END
Alex!!!
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion !لدي شغف للطيران !I have a passion for aviation !Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart!j'ai

ME AVN FAN

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:21 pm

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 8):
NOOOO Condi nooooo Wow! Wow! Wow! That's the END

Not really, but who knows ?

Quoting Beaucaire (Reply 7):
Hillary Clinton is about as pro-Israel as any potential presidential candidate in the US.

Hillary Clinton became pro-Israeli when she wanted to become senator of partially Jewish New York. She would have become pro-Mormon had she run for senator of Utah. Most candidates are pro-Israeli, except Ralph Nader.

I see no shift whatsoever ahead....

In fact a GIGANTIC shift ! Because, whomever gets into the White House on 20Jan09 can be expected to be an intelligent person again. And possibly even accompanied by a vice-president of integrity.

cedars747

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:25 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 9):
Not really, but who knows ?

I know....just see the way she acted in the last war on Lebanon !
Alex!!!

ME AVN FAN

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:28 pm

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 10):
.just see the way she acted in the last war on Lebanon !

she was/is the employee (HisMaster'sVoice) of GWB, and simply did what her government wanted to have done

cedars747

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:55 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 11):
she was/is the employee (HisMaster'sVoice) of GWB, and simply did what her government wanted to have done

that's true ...anyways we should wait and see what the destiny is hiding to the Middle east region,the Persian golf and Eastern Asia  crossfingers   crossfingers   crossfingers 
Alex!!!

LY744

Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:45 am

I'd give this a B+ on creativity, far-fetchedness, and lunacy, but no more than a C- on credibility. Completely failing any sort of common sense test is also a bit of a drawback for this theory, not to mention the dubious science behind it. Enriched Uranium as a KE penetrator? WTF?

Black smoke in an explosion, never seen that before... Thermobaric weapon, eh? The Israelis already have an FAE for clearing mine fields, don't remember anyone claiming it uses Uranium (  Yeah sure ), why not just modify that for whatever evil purpose...

But hey, at least they're not riding the phosphorus pony anymore. That was getting real boring.

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

Bobster2

Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:59 am

Quote:
The second is that the weapon was a bunker-busting conventional uranium penetrator weapon employing enriched uranium rather than depleted uranium

Absolutely not. If Israel did that, the enemy could recover the enriched uranium and use it as a weapon against Israel. Israel could not be that stupid, only a newpaper could be that stupid.
"I tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn." Jim Morrison

ArmitageShanks

Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:42 am

Using enriched uranium would offer NO advantage in a conventional type weapon. The only difference would be the EXTREME cost of using it. Depleated uranium is pretty much harmless unless you're eating the stuff. It's used because of its hardness, not radioactivity.

Plus, uranium in itself isn't that dangerous. You can actually handle it without much danger.

This sounds like a lot of hype.

cedars747

Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:14 am

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 15):
This sounds like a lot of hype.

Any issue involving Israel is HYPEwile issues involving others is HOPE That's why the world is goeing HYP HAP HOP                    
Alex!!!

[Edited 2006-10-28 22:21:45]

bravo45

Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:48 am

Quoting LY744 (Reply 13):
The Israelis already have an FAE for clearing mine fields,

They had smart munitions, yet they used cluster bombs and that too on civilians. So its not too far fetched after all.

LY744

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:04 am

Quoting Bravo45 (Reply 17):
They had smart munitions, yet they used cluster bombs

Well shells, mostly. And what's your point? What's the connection between smart and cluster bombs/munitions? Two different things for two different purposes. If you're going grocery shopping, would you rather take a Harley, or a minivan?

Quoting Bravo45 (Reply 17):
and that too on civilians

Of course, of course. I guess they ran out of puppies to kill, and all of the Palestinians' ground water has been poisoned, so they had to find someone else to torment. But seriously, we ARE talking about those civilians that were told to leave like a week before anyone went near their villages, right?

LY744.

dtwclipper

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:09 am

A perfect example of how tabloid journalism becomes fact.

The same source is quoted over and over and over again, until people like ceders and bravo preach it as the Gospel.

The story has no legs, is a piece of trash and you need to let it go as much as you would the latest Elvis sighting in Kalamazoo.

[Edited 2006-10-29 02:10:58]
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

bravo45

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:15 am

Quoting LY744 (Reply 18):
And what's your point?

No one should be surprised should an irrefutable evidence arise that the allegation in true.

I guess they ran out of puppies to kill,

Not puppies, non-Jew Arabs. BTW they haven't run out of them.

and all of the Palestinians' ground water has been poisoned

Correction: Stole!
They stole the land with the water resources with the wall in addition to the occupation.

But seriously, we ARE talking about those civilians that were told to leave like a week before anyone went near their villages, right?

huh!!!
New Orleans couldn't be evacuated with all those resources. What's your point? A similar warning to all living in illegal settlements and subsequent similarly indiscriminate bombing would be much more justified than Israel telling someone else to get out of their own land (and that's the proof I am an anti-semite??). The IDF is coming!!
P.S And in your response to this, remember we are talking about the Israel that occupied Lebanon at the time. And Hezbollah attacked soldiers while Israel holds thousands of innocent Lebanese civilians from which the release of women and children was demanded for the Israeli soldiers to be returned. The only place where similar standards might not be applied are civilian casualties. Israel can be held more accountable for casualties it causes because of their capabilities. And yet the civilian casualty comparison is all one needs to look at to see which side Israel comes out on even if that only difference is not taken into the account. Not to even mention the economic damage that inspired the other topic currently active in the forum.

DLPMMM

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:46 am

Now where did my tin foil hat go??

The story makes no sense from a scientific or a military standpoint. Anyone who believes this claptrap is a complete fool.

I'm especially entertained by all the non US citizens prognosticating on the outcome of the next USA presidential election. Rebels without a clue.

I can assure you that the next President of the USA will not have the last name of either Clinton or Rice. Neither has an ice cube's chance in hell of winning a presidential election.

BA

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:57 am

Here's an AFP article about the results the British scientists have found:

High radiation level found after Israeli bombing in Lebanon
(AFP)

28 October 2006

LONDON - Scientists studying samples of soil thrown up by Israeli bombing in Lebanon have shown high radiation levels, suggesting uranium-based munitions were used, a British newspaper reported on Saturday.

The samples were taken from two bomb craters in Khiam and At-Tiri and have been sent for further analysis to the Harwell laboratory in Oxfordshire, southern England, for mass spectrometry used by the Ministry of Defence, The Independent said.

The samples thrown up by Israeli heavy or guided bombs showed ‘elevated radiation signatures,’ Chris Busby, the British scientific secretary of the European Committee on Radiation Risk, was quoted as saying.

Britain’s Ministry of Defence has confirmed the concentration of uranium isotopes in the samples, the newspaper said.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...east_October453.xml§ion=middleeast
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

bravo45

Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:35 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 22):
until people like ceders and bravo preach it as the Gospel.

Quoting Bravo45 (Reply 1):
With the allegations of use of radioactive material almost being like conspiracy theories in wars from Vietnam to Iraq etc I hope in Lebanon some one does a complete investigation and bring forth an indisputable conclusion.

You have a very low conception of a Gospel.  Yeah sure

The story has no legs, is a piece of trash and you need to let it go as much as you would the latest Elvis sighting in Kalamazoo.

Between this and the "Iranian Govt forces Jews to wear Star of David" story, I have to say this one might be more legit comparatively.

dtwclipper

Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:38 am

Quoting Bravo45 (Reply 23):
Between this and the "Iranian Govt forces Jews to wear Star of David" story.

Agreed, they are both tabloid crap....neither one has any merit.

ME AVN FAN

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:25 pm

those civilians that were told to leave like a week before anyone went near their villages, right?

>< to leave ? to leave everything behind, giving up everything, stop their work, move to the Phoenicia Intercontinental for a season ? all this in reality heaps of bad jokes
<> to leave ? after the Israelis destroyed the road-links ? what an advice
-
-

Quoting DLPMMM (Reply 20):
I can assure you that the next President of the USA will not have the last name of either Clinton or Rice.

I recently heard that the USA now has exactly 300 mio people. So that I hesitate to take YOUR word as the decision of your country.
-
-

tabloid journalism becomes fact.

well, I do NOT quite see what you mean. The source given here is the Khaleej Times, which is NOT "tabloid journalism" at all but one of the best newspapers in the world, on a level with The Times (London) and LeMonde and Liberation (both Paris) etc .
-
-

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 24):
tabloid crap

the "Yellow Ribbon for Iranian Jews" stuff apparently came from www.ynetnews.com . Whether this is tabloid or not is beyond my knowledge.
-

[Edited 2006-10-29 14:29:21]

dtwclipper

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:55 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 26):
well, I do NOT quite see what you mean.

If you take a look at the Khaleej Times article, you will notice that they are using the Independent article as its source.

ME AVN FAN

Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:11 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 27):
the Independent

but "The Independent" is one of the British quality newspapers (Times, Guardian, DailyTelegraph, Independent, FinancialTimes) and NOT boulevard-press / tabloid-press at all. They also give a link to AFP which is Agence France Presse which is tabloid neither.
-
True, also journalists in news agency and at quality newspapers sometimes write rubbish, so that this is not my point. And the quality of single articles does not so much depend on the paper than on the individual journalist in charge.
-

Lurch

Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:37 pm

Maybe those wondering about the Israle Special weapons should read this as it"s fairly well known by Scientist that Israle has Nuclear weapons and has done so for many years.

So if Israle whanted to remove a Leboneese building for ever thay could have done so.

Although it would have made far more of a mess and gotten Irans attention straight away.

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/israel/nuke/

scbriml

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:21 am

A perfect example of how tabloid journalism becomes fact.

Only one problem with your ridiculous supposition - The Independent is a quality newspaper.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

scbriml

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:23 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 2):
You have to bear in mind that the Independent is a left-wing tabloid rag.

The Independent is neither a rag nor a tabloid. It is politically to the left of The Daily Mail, but that wouldn't be difficult. sarcastic 
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

rjpieces

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:36 am

Hillary Clinton is about as pro-Israel as any potential presidential candidate in the US.

True. Especially more so because she is Senator from New York.

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 9):
Hillary Clinton became pro-Israeli when she wanted to become senator of partially Jewish New York.

She was pro-Israel years before that...The Clinton's always surrounded themselves with tons of Jewish advisers for years (Dick Morris just for example)

Quoting Rolfen (Reply 25):
Isreal never respected conventions, UN resolutions, etc...
nothing new

ISRAEL is the only democracy in your region. Funny when people from Lebanon or Qatar lecture the United States on democratic principles.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

dtwclipper

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:52 am

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 30):
Only one problem with your ridiculous supposition - The Independent is a quality newspaper.

That may be true, but Frisk in spite of the fact that he is an "expert" on the middle east, hardly is the most objective of reporters.

He is vehemently anti-Israel, which IMHO, cloud any of his writings as being less then trustworthy.

ME AVN FAN

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:52 am

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 32):
ISRAEL is the only democracy in your region. Funny when people from Lebanon

Lebanon and Turkey are in that region and ARE democracies. And Jordan has a democratically elected parliament. Morocco has a democratically elected parliament and its prime-minister is the leader of the majority-party in parliament. Algeria is a country with a democratically elected president and democratically elected regional parliaments and leaders. Egypt has an elected multi-party parliament and also some extent of local democracy.
-
Things are not as easy as you mean.

cedars747

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:57 am

ISRAEL is the only democracy in your region. Funny when people from Lebanon or Qatar lecture the United States on democratic principles.

I never knew that MASSACRES LIKE QANA AND CHATILLA ARE UNDER THE DEMOCRATIC PRINCIPLES
Alex!!!

ME AVN FAN

Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:10 am

Isreal never respected conventions, UN resolutions, etc...
nothing new
---
ISRAEL is the only democracy in your region.

And internal democracy has NOTHING to do with ignoring international conventions and UN resolutions. Other democracies DO respect such things

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 33):
That may be true, but Frisk in spite of the fact that he is an "expert" on the middle east, hardly is the most objective of reporters.
--
He is vehemently anti-Israel, which IMHO, cloud any of his writings as being less then trustworthy.

you have to make a difference between opinions and the reported facts. There also are many "vehemently pro-Israeli" journalists around, and I do NOT distrust their facts, even if not accepting their views. And from what I have read about Frisk and from Frisk, it does NOT sound anti-Israeli at all, but fairly objective and even-handed

rolfen

Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:51 am

Snap out of your "democracy=good guys" logic and get some facts. Here:

http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?ItemID=2417

http://www.mediamonitors.net/michael...uni1.html#israelsdefiedresolutions

Plus what the hell is your definition of democracy because lebanon has had democratic parliamentary elections since it's independence, and the palestinian authority also holds elections. They might not be as good as israel from that aspect but they can be called democracies.
rolf

Springbok747

Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:16 am

Its a goddamn tabloid article..and the 'story' makes no sense from a military view.

The story makes no sense from a scientific or a military standpoint. Anyone who believes this claptrap is a complete fool.

Exactly my point.

And why hasn't this story been published in newsmagazines like Time etc? Because those people know better than to publish crap like this.
אני תומך בישראל

MDorBust

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:38 pm

Good lord.

If there was a uranium bomb there would be two results:

1) The bomb doesn't reach critical mass and simple explodes as a dirty bomb. No more destructive potential than a normal bomb and high doses of fall out radiation. There is no military reason for Israel to do that, unless they just want to get busted committing atrocities. If this were the case, there would be readily detectable radiation everywhere, not just in the crater.

2) The bomb does reach critical mass. That clearly didn't happen.

Story is horse manure. Anyone believing or defending the story is an incompetent buffoon when it comes to military technology. MAF, your backwards tank already qualifies you.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

LY744

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:55 pm

Assuming that this "Dr Chris Busby" is an actual scientist, I really hope that his comments were taken grossly out of context, because then he would at least have someone to blame for making him look like a fool.

Quoting Bravo45 (Reply 19):
A similar warning to all living in illegal settlements and subsequent similarly indiscriminate bombing would be much more justified than Israel telling someone else to get out of their own land (and that's the proof I am an anti-semite??)

1. Off topic, but FYI Israel is continously dismantling what it deems illegal Jewish settlements in the WB, don't hold your breath for Tel Aviv to get readjusted though.

2. WTF are you replying to? "Anti-semite"? Did I call you an anti-semite? Did anyone in this thread call you an anti-semite? Why am I always getting accused of accusing someone else of being an anti-semite? Enough with this shit.

And in your response to this, remember we are talking about the Israel that occupied Lebanon at the time

Cry me a river...

Israel can be held more accountable for casualties it causes because of their capabilities.

Double standards! Help! I'm being opressed!

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 26):
to leave ? to leave everything behind, giving up everything, stop their work, move to the Phoenicia Intercontinental for a season ? all this in reality heaps of bad jokes
<> to leave ? after the Israelis destroyed the road-links ? what an advice

Which brings me to my next point. When did war become so politically correct? Newsflash: war is when people go out to KILL other people. Last time I checked that was about the most INCORRECT thing anyone could ever do. But humanity has been at it for thousands of years, gotten damn good at it too unfortunately. So now we have to have all these treaties and conventions to keep ourselves from anhilating ourselves. Maybe someday they'll ban bullets, explosives, and knives from being used in war too, but until then all this PCism is bullshit. People are going to die, and it's not going to be pretty.

But back to the south Lebanese, you know what, tough luck. Not the worst thing to have ever happened to them quite frankly. The Hezbollah wasn't exactly warning people in Haifa or wherever to get out of the way. They were flat out AIMING for them. It can always be worse you see...

LY744.

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:20 pm

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 40):

I wasn't even going to waste any time in this fantasy thread . . . just more ridiculous Anti-Israel thread from Cedars and his cronies . . . with NO acknowledgement of the dastardly deeds of Hezbollah, Hamas or other TERRIORISTS out there . . . .

MAF, your backwards tank already qualifies you.

rotfl  Yup . . . that cracks me up . . .

Now where did my tin foil hat go??

Perhaps you can borrow one from the thread starter?
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

LY744

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:13 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 42):
MAF, your backwards tank already qualifies you.

rotfl Yup . . . that cracks me up . . .

Pray tell, what's this backwards tank you're talking about? I haven't exactly been following the forums closely this past couple of months.

LY744.

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:27 pm

Quoting LY744 (Reply 43):
Pray tell, what's this backwards tank you're talking about?

This thread: Seems Sebolino has his panties in a wad over apparent of percieved "France Bashing" . . . the photo I posted of the Abrams tank, with the negative comment on the FRONT of the turrent, evokes some negative feedback . . .

NOTE: That is not my tank, I do not share the sentiment evoked, and I thought it was appropriate for his sniveling thread:
French Bashing: The Cure For Sick Americans? (by Sebolino Oct 25 2006 in Non Aviation)

I guess MAF, with all his "military knowledge" assumed the Loader - who usually faces to the rear on watch for attacking enemy aircraft and armor - thought the tank was moving backward. How the frack he got THAT idea with the gun tube forward, AND THE DUST PLUME I'll never know, but . . . well, you'll get the idea . . .  sarcastic 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

cedars747

Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:12 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 42):
just more ridiculous Anti-Israel thread from Cedars and his cronies .

crazy   crazy   crazy   crazy 
And dont tell me now that MR Fisk is one of my cronies.....?
Alex!!!

ME AVN FAN

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:57 pm

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 39):
Its a goddamn tabloid article..

what "tabloid" or "boulevard journal" has published the article ???? please clarify
-

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 39):
newsmagazines like Time

you have Time-Magazine in high regard apparently !
-

when it comes to military technology

but first it comes to trash about newspapers, and only second to military technology. 2/two different aspects. I accept that the military relevance of the article is minimal, but so is the relevance of many comments.

your backwards tank

WHAT "backwards tank" ???
-

Quoting LY744 (Reply 41):
tough luck

well, in fact, nobody expects people in war to get warned of attacks, but the way in which Israel did it was simply mockery, derision and scorn. Worst was that Israel "sold" its warnings as morality to the believers ..........

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 44):
assumed the Loader - who usually faces to the rear on watch for attacking enemy aircraft and armor - thought the tank was moving backward. How the frack he got THAT idea with the gun tube forward

stop drinking the stuff you take ! I did NOT say the tank was moving backwards !!!! I said that the "text" in question was on the rearside and NOT in front !!!!!!!

MDorBust

Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:18 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 46):
I said that the "text" in question was on the rearside and NOT in front !!!!!!!

And hence, the backwards tank, as that is the front.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

ME AVN FAN

Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:00 pm

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 45):
hence, the backwards tank, as that is the front.

ooooops ! if so, I did NOT look at it sufficiently. Sorry  blush   boggled 

DLPMMM

Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:01 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 44):
I accept that the military relevance of the article is minimal, but so is the relevance of many comments.

The point is that the entire premise of the article is just silly from both a military and a scientific point of view. It makes no sense what so ever. The artice is totally false, yet you continue insisting that it is true because you are blinded by your political passions. This make you and others like you who argue without regard to the facts look like complete fools.

As I said before, put down the shovel and step away from the hole!

ME AVN FAN

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:24 am

I did NOT and do NOT insist on the correctness of that article. To insist that I ever insisted on that is totally wrong !
-
you are blinded by your obsessions and your ignorance. This makes you and others like you who utter such allegations look like total fools !
-

[Edited 2006-10-30 16:26:27]

DLPMMM

Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:08 am

You are just a silly person.

You defended the author and publications that printed this claptrap, thereby trying to lend validity to what is clearly a propaganda farce.

You did that here:

Quoting DLPMMM (Reply 47):
The artice is totally false, yet you continue insisting that it is true
Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 25):
well, I do NOT quite see what you mean. The source given here is the Khaleej Times, which is NOT "tabloid journalism" at all but one of the best newspapers in the world, on a level with The Times (London) and LeMonde and Liberation (both Paris) etc .

and here where you went so far as to lend your personal weight behind the credibility of an obviously biased and factually berift author.

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 35):
you have to make a difference between opinions and the reported facts. There also are many "vehemently pro-Israeli" journalists around, and I do NOT distrust their facts, even if not accepting their views. And from what I have read about Frisk and from Frisk, it does NOT sound anti-Israeli at all, but fairly objective and even-handed

Given that your "author" (Mr. Frisk) is reporting about "facts" that are in no way credible, you have wasted your personal credibility on what is clearly incredible.

You seem to consider debate as a form of intellectual sport to be (or that could be) won whereas I consider it as an exchange of ideas and a logic exercise in search of the truth.

This may also be why you stray so far from the central topic of a thread so often.