Jetsgo

Enough With The Constant Election BS!

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:41 am

I am sick of the phone calls. I am sick of the messages. I am sick of the mail. I am sick of the people coming to my door. I am sick of the TV commercials.

I will vote for who I want god dammit! I don't need you people trying to convince me. I don't need your rumors and lies force fed down my throat. If anything, I will not vote for you because of your constant harassment! Is it me, or is this season worse than any before?

Rant over.

Chris
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

Falcon84

RE: Enough With The Constant Election BS!

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:45 am

Gee, tell us how you REALLY feel. Don't hold it in like that.....

biggrin 
Work Right, Fly Hard

bushpilot

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:47 am

Quoting JetsGo (Thread starter):
Is it me, or is this season worse than any before?

It is the most heated probably in 10 years, or at least since 2000, but for midterm it is the most heated since 94. I love politics, but I am getting a bit tired of it. Only a week to go in most cases. But I think they say the 08 campaign starts on next Wednesday.

Braybuddy

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:52 am

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 2):
But I think they say the 08 campaign starts on next Wednesday.

You know, there are many things I envy and admire about the US, but your elections are not one of them. There's a lot to be said for a government, when it deems electorally advantageous, to call an election in three weeks' time and the serious campaigning carried-on within that timeframe. Even at that it's overkill.

charlienorth

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:53 am

My mail box is always stuffed with this $#&^slinging stuff,it'll all be over soon and than we'll just have Christmas advertising to bitch about..
Work hard fly right..don't understand it

Jetsgo

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:57 am

I love politics. I love being able to vote. I really do. But I am so sick of all this bullshit. It comes from both sides. I will still vote, because I believe it is one of my civil duties, but I know countless people wont. They are completely overwhelmed by it all, or just plain fed up. So what you have here are idiot politicians reinforcing the idiot part. While trying to gain votes, they are losing them.

RHAAAAA......or however our other special members say it.  Smile

Chris
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!