jcs17

John Kerry's Latest Brilliant Comments

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:27 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLuMWiQ6r2o

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Wow, I've never been so happy that The Poodle never became President. What a joke. Not only is he factually wrong, but it's pretty insulting. This might make sense if we had an (unfair) Vietnam-style draft, but it is a volunteer American military in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.

To say, in effect, that all military personnel are dumb slackers is another falsehood. All officers must have a four-year degree, nearly 75% of the military has some college coursework under their belt. He's completely missing the fact that the military, through the GI bill, has created a way for people of all socioeconomic levels to pay fully for college. America's military today is one of the most educated in the world. Yep, our troops were slackers in school.

I have no doubt that the far left agrees with Kerry's elitist assessment of the military.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

IFEMaster

RE: John Kerry's Latest Brilliant Comments

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:33 am

Politics aside, how insulting is this to the men and women who are in the service in Iraq? He should be absolutely ashamed of himself at such a comment? It shows how out of touch John "Herman Munster" Kerry really is; he clearly has no idea how technical and complex some of the operations are, such that they require brain power that apparently he doesn't have.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

777236ER

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:37 am

Quoting Jcs17 (Thread starter):
"You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Wow, I've never been so happy that The Poodle never became President. What a joke.

Nonetheless, you stayed in school, got an education, and you're not in Iraq, are you Jcs17?
Your bone's got a little machine

AerospaceFan

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:38 am

I guess John Kerry thinks that only dumb people go to Iraq.
What's fair is fair.

jpetekyxmd80

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:41 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 2):

Nonetheless, you stayed in school, got an education, and you're not in Iraq, are you Jcs17?

Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad....

But bottom line- a stupid thing to say, not even going to try to defend it.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

deltagator

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:43 am

I've got an idea for John Kerry...if he despises the military so much why doesn't he throw away his medals? Oh wait, he already did that. Never mind.

What about folks I know who are Naval Academy and West Point graduates who are in Iraq? Are they stupid as well? Think before you open your mouth you ignorant chav.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

airtran737

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:45 am

Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

IFEMaster

What a stupid comment. By this, you imply that anyone who is in Iraq is an uneducated school dropout. TIP: Engage brain before keyboard, and be grateful for those who VOLUNTEER to fight for YOUR freedom.

MDorBust

Uh...

I joined right after highschool, Got sent to the Balkans by President Clinton, and completed my college degree while in the service.

Now, the Balkans sure wasn't Iraq.. but, it was an episode of overseas suckage involving foreigners with ill will. The vast majority of the guys there weren't there because they couldn't hack it brainwise state side.

[Edited 2006-10-31 19:53:12]
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

777236ER

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:46 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 5):
What about folks I know who are Naval Academy and West Point graduates who are in Iraq? Are they stupid as well? Think before you open your mouth you ignorant chav.

How, exactly, am I an ignorant chav?

I don't care how educated the US military is. But I find it ironic that JCS17 has done exactly the same thing that John Kerry is advocating.

ArtieFufkin

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:51 am

Well let's choose.

Should we take all the right wing rubber stamp politicians who cheered on Bush as he lost the war in Iraq? I mean you are complicit in the deaths of 103 soldiers this Month alone.( The highest figure in nearly two years) Who are you to criticize the party on the right and moral side of this war issue?

Or you can take Kerry, who made the modest comment that, in general those with less education (ie high school diploma vs college credits), make up the lion's share of the Iraq force? Wow! That's soooo mean. I think I'll go under my bed and cry about those mean democrats...Mommy!

AerospaceFan

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:51 am

Great graphic, AirTran.  Smile From the looks of it, Zell Miller could kick John Kerry's posterior all the way to Iraq, and back.

Big grin
What's fair is fair.

bushpilot

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:55 am

I certainly wont apologize for John Kerry one bit. But I will point out that the US military especially the enlisted side, comes mostly from middle-lower class. For many it is the easier way to pay for college, or take the enlistment bonus etc. With the exception of a very few high profile cases such as Pat Tillman do you have folks from the upper class joining up as enlisted men. I am not sure the number of congressmen/senators/high ranking public officials serving but it is disproportionatly low.

AerospaceFan

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:58 am

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 12):
With the exception of a very few high profile cases such as Pat Tillman do you have folks from the upper class joining up as enlisted men.

What about West Point graduates, for example? You mean they get to stay away from places Democrats think are quagmires?

By the way, almost all of our recent Presidents have served in the military. Former President Clinton is a notable exception.
What's fair is fair.

IFEMaster

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:03 am

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 10):
Well let's choose.

Should we take all the right wing rubber stamp politicians who cheered on Bush as he lost the war in Iraq? I mean you are complicit in the deaths of 103 soldiers this Month alone.( The highest figure in nearly two years) Who are you to criticize the party on the right and moral side of this war issue?

Or you can take Kerry, who made the modest comment that, in general those with less education (ie high school diploma vs college credits), make up the lion's share of the Iraq force? Wow! That's soooo mean. I think I'll go under my bed and cry about those mean democrats...Mommy!

You're bringing politics in to it. Take the politics away, and this was a stupid comment from Kerry. I think all that botox is getting to him.

deltagator

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:04 am

ASF, watch out on the President and military service thing. Dubya got very lucky with his service stateside and it isn't something Conservatives should put out there too much. Kerry, despite his faults and Band-Aid Purple Hearts did go overseas into the shit.

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 9):
How, exactly, am I an ignorant chav?

Well, I'll admit to making an assumption on the Chav part but you are an ignorant Brit.

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 9):
I don't care how educated the US military is. But I find it ironic that JCS17 has done exactly the same thing that John Kerry is advocating.

He's calling Kerry out on his comments that are insulting to the GIs. I'm college educated and I'm not in Iraq but then I couldn't serve anyways due to my bad knees (damn football!) and suspect eyesight. That doesn't mean I would have loved to serve the country and the military. I'm pointing out that many of the military members in Iraq are educated so it throws Kerry's point out the window. He shows his true colors once again.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

bushpilot

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:06 am

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 13):
What about West Point graduates, for example?

Look where I said enlisted men. I did just look. Last time I looked West Point produced officers. Name one child from the fortune 500 company who is an enlistedmen.

ArtieFufkin

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:08 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 14):
You're bringing politics in to it. Take the politics away, and this was a stupid comment from Kerry

He was addressing a group of California students. The General topic of the speech was urging them to continue with their education.

The thread starter actually brought it up. Which are today's right wing talking points directly from the White House Press office.

Oh, let's all get a case of the vapors!......LOL

Jetsgo

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:09 am

What a fucking moron. How is it that people with such a high profile, good or bad, a ton of education, and even previous time in the military, can make such a stupid comment? I hope he gets his ass chewed for this one. And whether or not it is true, he has no right to say it. It sure doesn't do anything positive for the boys out there.

Chris
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

AerospaceFan

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:11 am

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 17):
Which are today's right wing talking points directly from the White House Press office.

Let's assume, for the purposes of argument, that that's true. Would that make it less relevant or illuminating of John Kerry's character?
What's fair is fair.

ArtieFufkin

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:13 am

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 18):
It sure doesn't do anything positive for the boys out there.

Well speaking for myself who at one time was "one of the boys" in the Army.

I'm sure they appreciate a little less concern for their "feelings" and a little more concern about them getting "killed for no reason".

Why don't you ask yourself the hard questions?

Just saying....LOL

IFEMaster

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:13 am

He was addressing a group of California students. The General topic of the speech was urging them to continue with their education.

I don't care who he was addressing or why he was addressing them or what the frackin' talking points are - it was a dumb, moronic thing to say!!!

jaysit

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:16 am

Well, Kerry is a dunce, knowing fully well that the White House and the usual coterie of fat, flabby armchair heroes would twist it. But then Kerry isn't the most astute politico around. He lost the election in 2004, and he may lose it for the Dems again in 2006. But then look on the bright side (and this is for the Dems) - Kerry is out. Forget 2008.

But now in defense of Kerry, and a bitch slap to those who do have the luxury to sit around, praise Bush, think nothing of sending people to die in a war while eating pizza in front of the TV.

When Kerry served in Vietnam, those who couldn't afford college or get waivers because they were in college had to go to Vietnam.

And to a large extent, that's still true. Joining the military for many right out of high school is the only available avenue (and I don't mean West Point, the Naval Academy, ROTC at elite schools, or other military academies). If you did poorly in school, didn't get to go to college because either your grades sucked, your parents sucked or life sucked, enlisting in the military was a good choice. You did your time, got $$$ to pay for school, got the discipline that your parents/school didn't give you. Most of the 18-20 year olds who were out serving in Iraq weren't ROTC alum, or West Point grads. They were kids for whom the military was the only available choice. And most of them know it only too well.

If you cared so much about our brave heroes blah blah blah, you'd go join them in Iraq, JCS17. God knows you're not doing much here.

As for dissing on a Vietnam vets military record (and I couldn't care less what you or the Swift boat dimwits trot out given that your dear darling dauphin GWB was busy screwing bimbos and getting plastered while Kerry was taking a shot in a limb), its time that Kerry (stupid though he may be) gives as good as he gets:

“This is the classic GOP playbook,” Kerry said in a harshly worded statement. “I’m sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did. I’m not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium.”"

AMEN !!!!!

Tony Snow can just shut up.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

AerospaceFan

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:22 am

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 20):
I'm sure they appreciate a little less concern for their "feelings" and a little more concern about them getting "killed for no reason".

Well, think about it: If Democrats like Rep. John Murtha have things their way, the U.S. would pull out of Iraq under the guise of "redeployment". The leftists in the Democratic Party basically think that Iraq is a "no-win" situation.

Now, I would disagree that even if the U.S. pulled out, our troops will have died for no reason. They will have died in honorable service regardless of what the U.S. did. But I do believe that if our country pulled out, those troops will not have died so that a victory could actually be achieved, for the simple reason that, if the leftist Democrats have things their way, there would be no victory.

So, if you're so eager to protect the service of our troops, why not support those who favor victory? Why not support those who are most determined to achieve a cause that would reflect the best upon the efforts of those who died?
What's fair is fair.

andessmf

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:23 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 22):
Tony Snow can just shut up

Perhaps Kerry should also learn that lesson. 'It is better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt'.

My doubts about Kerry have been completely removed.

He is a fool.

Hopefully the Democrats will pick someone better for 2008.

IFEMaster

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:24 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 22):
If you cared so much about our brave heroes blah blah blah, you'd go join them in Iraq, JCS17. God knows you're not doing much here.

Jaysit, that's a bit harsh on JCS17. How do you know that perhaps he doesn't have a pre-existing medical condition that prevents him from enlisting? That's what happened to me when I was 18. I was all ready to be a redcap but was medically discharged and went to university instead. That doesn't mean I care any less about our brave heroes in Iraq, Afghanistan, wherever else.

777236ER

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:26 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 15):
He's calling Kerry out on his comments that are insulting to the GIs

He's also sat at home on his arse 'supporting the troops'...whist doing every little thing Kerry suggests he should do. Complaining about what Kerry says, then doing what he suggests, seems a bit hypocritical to me.

KFLLCFII

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:26 am

Was this the "Republican surprise" that Democrats were anticipating?
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."

AerospaceFan

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:32 am

Here's what Sen. John McCain has reportedly said in reaction to Sen. Kerry's comments:

(Excerpt)

Quote:
"The suggestion that only the least educated Americans would agree to serve in the military and fight in Iraq, is an insult to every soldier serving in combat, and should deeply offend any American with an ounce of appreciation for what they suffer and risk so that the rest of us can sleep more comfortably at night."

Source:

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3.htm

How do you like that, John Kerry?

[Edited 2006-10-31 20:32:51]
What's fair is fair.

777236ER

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:35 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 25):
Jaysit, that's a bit harsh on JCS17. How do you know that perhaps he doesn't have a pre-existing medical condition that prevents him from enlisting?

Well, his hobbies include: Hockey, NY Islanders, Pi Kappa Phi, travelling, drinking beer, and chasing skirt.

What pre-existing medical condition could stop him serving his country, but allow him to travel, play hockey and drink beer?

bushpilot

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 29):
How do you like that, John Kerry?

I doubt that John Kerry cares. This ultimately is political pandering...on both sides. I doubt really the McCain cares what he said. It was a chance to take a poke at Kerry because it would make himself look better. Its all a childish game.

AerospaceFan

Update:

MSNBC reports, with skepticism, that John Kerry's campaign now claims that Sen. Kerry was actually referring to President Bush.

Sen. Kerry's campaign said that the former President candidate had intended to insert the word "us" in the phrase, "get stuck in Iraq". It claims that he had meant to say, "get us stuck in Iraq".

MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell, on air this is being written, reports that it seems hard to believe that this was Sen. Kerry's true original intent given the context of his speech.

Developing....

[Edited 2006-10-31 20:40:45]
What's fair is fair.

andessmf

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:37 am

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 32):
MSNBC reports, with skepticism, that John Kerry's campaign now claims that Sen. Kerry was referring to President Bush.

checkmark 

I am hearing Kerry on the radio saying this.

AerospaceFan

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:38 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 33):
I am hearing Kerry on the radio saying this.

I think that it makes little sense for him to criticize the President on that score anyway, since the President's grades at Yale were actually better than Sen. Kerry's.

[Edited 2006-10-31 20:39:16]
What's fair is fair.

jcs17

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:39 am

I could sign up for the military tommorrow if I wanted to without a problem. I've given it a little bit of thought before and decided against it. I have other priorities and other things I want to do in the next few years. That does not make me any less patriotic, or any less entitled to an opinion about the War in Iraq or the military. To say, "Well JCS, if you like the military under Bush so much, why don't you join?" is like me saying, "Well ____ (insert favorite liberal US a.netter), if you're in favor of gay marriage, why don't you devote the next few years your life towards changing our laws."

[Edited 2006-10-31 20:41:43]
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

IFEMaster

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:40 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 30):

Well, his hobbies include: Hockey, NY Islanders, Pi Kappa Phi, travelling, drinking beer, and chasing skirt.

What pre-existing medical condition could stop him serving his country, but allow him to travel, play hockey and drink beer?

Plenty. I was discharged because of mild epilepsy, yet I played soccer for my university, travel extensively for business and pleasure, had a good time with the ladies when I was his age, and still enjoy drinking these days.

A332

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:43 am

MSNBC reports, with skepticism, that John Kerry's campaign now claims that Sen. Kerry was actually referring to President Bush.

That is exactly the position I took when I read the original article that was posted... I never once thought he was speaking about the troops, but speaking about Bush... it's far more logical.
Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!

AerospaceFan

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:44 am

Sen. Kerry, speaking live, is defending his comments and calling upon Sen. McCain to ask Vice President to apologize for telling America that things are all right in Iraq.

He's telling reporters that the Adminstration is playing dirty politics and accusing others of insulting him. "Shame on them!" he said.

Source: CNN.

[Edited 2006-10-31 20:47:03]
What's fair is fair.

ArtieFufkin

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:44 am

Quoting JCS17 (Reply 35):
I could sign up for the military tommorrow if I wanted to without a problem. I've given it a little bit of thought before and decided against it. I have other priorities and other things I want to do in the next few years.

Read this very carefully right wingers. This is why you lost the war. You are not serious about winning. You will not ask the nation to sacrifice. You thought the "other" people would do the job for you. That's why you gave a tax cut during war time, because you had "other priorities". That's why you will not triple the force to get the job done. Because our loyal patriot here would whine about his "other priorities".....LOL.

8 days!

777236ER

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:45 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 36):
Plenty. I was discharged because of mild epilepsy, yet I played soccer for my university, travel extensively for business and pleasure, had a good time with the ladies when I was his age, and still enjoy drinking these days.

Well then let's just find out from the man himself whether he can join:

I could sign up for the military tommorrow if I wanted to without a problem

Oh wait, he can join up!

I've given it a little bit of thought before and decided against it. I have other priorities and other things I want to do in the next few years. That does not make me any less patriotic, or any less entitled to an opinion about the War in Iraq or the military.

It does make you a ridiculous hypocrite, however, considering you made the most of education, studied hard, did your homework, and aren't in Iraq...just like John Kerry suggested you do.

Really, someone 'supporting' the troops means nothing. How much of your paycheck....errrr....student loan do you give to charities supporting the troops? How many times have you writen to politicians demanding more funding for troops, and better planning? And how much have you opposed the administration that took the troops you love into a terribly-planned war, for all the wrong reasons?

You're a hypocrite, Jcs. You don't mind sitting at home in front of the PC spouting your mouth off, yet you don't 'support the military' more than any other American, and worse, you do all the things you scoff at.

AerospaceFan

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:45 am

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 39):
Read this very carefully right wingers. This is why you lost the war.

What war?

"Right wingers" lost what war? The election hasn't taken place.

Are you saying that only right wingers signed on for the war in Iraq?

Clarification, please.
What's fair is fair.

vikkyvik

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:47 am

I gotta say, that's exactly what I thought when I first read his statement. However, it's very easy to misconstrue it. And it's often easier to get angry than to try and rationalize.

That said, if he was referring to all US troops, then he's an idiot. But, frankly, I find it hard to imagine that he would knowingly refer to many in the army that way.

Oh well....
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

andessmf

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:48 am

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 39):
You are not serious about winning.

Just when I thought you couldnt say something less logical, you surprise me again. What then, tell us, would you do to WIN the Iraq war?

A332

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:50 am

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 42):
I gotta say, that's exactly what I thought when I first read his statement. However, it's very easy to misconstrue it. And it's often easier to get angry than to try and rationalize.

Well exactly... when you read this piece...

Who else comes into your mind besides Bush...?
Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!

Falcon84

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:51 am

I could sign up for the military tommorrow if I wanted to without a problem.

rotfl  Bull cookies, Jcs. You're too busy cheering for blood from well behind the lines. You're an armchair soldier. You don't have the guts to enlist, as it's easier to be a reactionary rightie from the safety of your home.

As for what Kerry said, he shouldn't have said it, but tell me how far off he really is? I don't see a bunch of rich kids, with 4.0 GPA's going to war. I don't see most politicians urging their children to this war.

Jcs, you're all bluster, nothing else. You cheer, but wouldn't dare put your own ass on the line.
Work Right, Fly Hard

FlyDeltaJets87

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:51 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 5):
I've got an idea for John Kerry...if he despises the military so much why doesn't he throw away his medals? Oh wait, he already did that. Never mind.

Didn't he chunk someone else's medals that they gave to him to throw so he didn't have to throw his own? I could be wrong about that, but I remember hearing that somewhere.

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 20):
Well speaking for myself who at one time was "one of the boys" in the Army.

Why don't you ask yourself the hard questions?

Wrong.
Both of my parents have gone overseas since Operation Iraqi Freedom began in 2003; my dad had gone over twice before then.
My mother is a nurse and did a tour at Ramstein transporting wounded troops off planes arriving from Iraq and Afghanistan. 75+% of the troops arriving said "Get me healthy and get me back there. You should see what we're doing. I'm proud of what we're doing over there." And keep in mind that these were wounded troops.

So using soldiers on the front line in Iraq as the target was the appropriate choice here? Jesus. What happened to the days when it was "Stay in school and get grades less you want to flip burgers at McDonald's or digging ditches on the side of some highway?"
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

AerospaceFan

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:53 am

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 42):

If he had intended to refer to the President, he should have corrected the error immediately after he said it.

And, in any event, it would have been wrong for him to criticize the President in such a disrespectful way in front of schoolchildren.

John Kerry is a man of questionable character, in my view.

Here is a blast from the past, so to speak, concerning a controversy relating to the truth of his words:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/3/18/85900.shtml
What's fair is fair.

AerospaceFan

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:54 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 45):
As for what Kerry said, he shouldn't have said it, but tell me how far off he really is? I don't see a bunch of rich kids, with 4.0 GPA's going to war. I don't see most politicians urging their children to this war.

John McCain's nephew could very well serve in Iraq, Falcon.
What's fair is fair.

vikkyvik

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:57 am

Quoting A332 (Reply 44):

Who else comes into your mind besides Bush...?

Hah!

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 47):
If he had intended to refer to the President, he should have corrected the error immediately after he said it

In a perfect world, yes. But even the most seasoned speakers trip over themselves every now and then. One doesn't have to look very far to see that.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

AerospaceFan

Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:00 am

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 49):
In a perfect world, yes. But even the most seasoned speakers trip over themselves every now and then. One doesn't have to look very far to see that.

I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

In any event, if he desired to insult the President, it was an extremely poor choice to do so, and the joke would have made little sense even if he'd said it the way that his campaign claims he meant. As I said, Sen. Kerry himself did worse at Yale than the President. His attempted insult only makes Kerry himself look worse.

[Edited 2006-10-31 21:02:04]
What's fair is fair.