BMIFlyer
Topic Author

UK Teens - Worst Behaved In Europe

Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:58 pm

Well, well, well.......

In Britain we have come to both demonise and fear our teenagers: the yobs, the hoodies, the street gangs - the Asbo generation which terrorises neighbourhoods.

Tell me something I don't know already  

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6109916.stm

What are your views on this? How should it be handled?

I say we introduce boot camps, and lock up all the Chavs ASBO's are not working at all.

Lee

[Edited 2006-11-02 15:09:12]
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Christa

RE: UK Teens - Worst Behaved In Europe

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:02 pm

I think that Myt332 needs to be locked up. He is the ring leader of these groups!

Regards,
Chris
Croeso i Faes Awyr Rhyngwladol Caerdydd - Welcome to Cardiff International Airport

MYT332

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:05 pm

Quoting BMIFlyer (Thread starter):
What are your views on this?

I heard this on Radio1 this morning. They interviewed some other teenagers from mainland Europe and asked what they think about teenagers in the UK and all they did was slag us all off. I mean talk about tarring everyone with the same brush, what a load of crap. It's only the chavs that are the issue.

Frankly I don't care about continental kids anyway or what others think of the UK. We're Great Britain.  snooty 
One Life, Live it.

BMIFlyer
Topic Author

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:08 pm

Quoting Christa (Reply 1):
I think that Myt332 needs to be locked up. He is the ring leader of these groups!

Ahem.....

Alex is 20, and therefore no longer an ASBO terrorist*  

Lee

*Only kidding about the asbo thing  Smile

[Edited 2006-11-02 15:10:16]

MYT332

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:09 pm

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 3):
Alex is 20, and therefore no longer an ASBO terrorist

What do you man no longer an ASBO terrorist? I never was you cheeky sod! I was a shining example for teenagers when I was one.  grumpy 
One Life, Live it.

kaddyuk

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:11 pm

Quoting Myt332 (Reply 4):
I was a shining example for teenagers when I was one.

A Shining example of how NOT to act...
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

BMIFlyer
Topic Author

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:12 pm

I was a shining example for teenagers when I was one.

Makes 2 of us  Wink

Lee

53Sqdn

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:19 pm

If you catch these little tykes (shothoods), just simply beat the living daylights out of them. After you've had your fun shove them in the Army. Preferably, the Russian Army  bigthumbsup 

MYT332

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:20 pm

Quoting Kaddyuk (Reply 5):
A Shining example of how NOT to act...

Oh I see what you did there. You took what I said and flipped it, very clever. Ya.  Yeah sure

I sense here that you got stood out a lot at school for pushing girls over. Did they used to pinch your crisps?
One Life, Live it.

BMIFlyer
Topic Author

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:24 pm

Quoting Myt332 (Reply 8):
Did they used to pinch your crisps?

rotfl 

Thanks, I just  spit  my coffee over the computer keyboard Big grin

Lee

BMIFlyer
Topic Author

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:29 pm

Quoting 53Sqdn (Reply 7):
shove them in the Army

Somehow, I doubt the chavs would last in todays armed forces. The wimps  banghead 

Lee

Kieron747

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:41 pm

Quoting Myt332 (Reply 8):
Did they used to pinch your crisps?

I used to steal his crisps all the time.

Signed,

Mauler McCaul
Airliners.Net - The Jam Rag Of The Web.

linco22

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:44 pm

The teens don't care, their parents don't care.

Deal with it. There is no discipline anywhere. Times have changed.

Justice system sucks, but then there is no room in prisons. Its a vicious circle.

Christa

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:59 pm

Quoting Linco22 (Reply 12):
The teens don't care, their parents don't care.

Deal with it. There is no discipline anywhere. Times have changed.

Justice system sucks, but then there is no room in prisons. Its a vicious circle.

I'm a teenager, I care!

Extermination is always an option  Smile

Regards,
Chris
Croeso i Faes Awyr Rhyngwladol Caerdydd - Welcome to Cardiff International Airport

PlymSpotter

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:11 am

Quoting Christa (Reply 13):
Extermination is always an option

When it comes to most chav's I quite agree. I think that if you are as utterly stupid and socially inept as many of the thugs are these days then their entitlement to breed should be taken away from them. This way the human race might have some chance of survival, free from idiots.

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

ME AVN FAN

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:22 am

Quoting Myt332 (Reply 2):
I don't care about continental kids anyway or what others think of the UK. We're Great Britain.

You ought to advise BMIflyer who titled this thread with "worst behaved in Europe" ! THIS means that he has comparisons in mind. I very much doubt that other European kids are so much better than the British ones. Any close look at local things going on shows that there are problems, have been problems and will be problems. Already "aging" Romans complained about "those youngsters" so that it is not that new .

Blackbird07

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:32 am

Christ, I can't imagine how bad the chavs can be compared to the awful wads of youngsters that run about New York. No respect for anything or anyone but themselves, and even that is using the term respect loosely. I've run into some snotty brats in the UK, and I used to *be* one as a matter of fact. But over here, American emmigrant kids, especially from some of the Latin American countries...Oh dear GOD. They're nicely behaved in their own country, been to many of them, but then they come to the US and act like complete tools. And don't get me started on the spoiled American children who think the entire world is there to serve their every beck and call...
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward..."

RAPCON

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:39 am

Quoting Blackbird07 (Reply 16):
But over here, American emmigrant kids, especially from some of the Latin American countries...Oh dear GOD. They're nicely behaved in their own country, been to many of them, but then they come to the US and act like complete tools. And don't get me started on the spoiled American children who think the entire world is there to serve their every beck and call...

Call the cops, file complaints. After a few of them you can sue the parents in civil court for nuisance. That will wise them up....and after you win in court you can take their truck (or "troka" as they say south of the river).
MODS CAN'T STOP ME....THEY CAN ONLY HOPE TO CONTAIN ME!!!

MYT332

Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:22 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 15):
You ought to advise BMIflyer who titled this thread with "worst behaved in Europe" ! THIS means that he has comparisons in mind.

I know, I was only joking with the Great Britain comment. I just think people should base their comments on facts and not what they think the stereotype is. We all know what the worlds media is like.

Quoting Blackbird07 (Reply 16):
But over here, American emmigrant kids, especially from some of the Latin American countries...Oh dear GOD. They're nicely behaved in their own country, been to many of them, but then they come to the US and act like complete tools.

We have this too in the UK mostly in the cities. Manchester, Bradford, Birmingham, London, big communities of foreigners from every place under the sun. I'm sure 'some' of them feel hard done to because they had to leave their country so they'll take it out on everybody else? You've also got normal Brit trash, low life scum that do the same but just because they are morons without a brain. In all honesty it's them that give the bad image.
One Life, Live it.

cornish

Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:28 am

I never was you cheeky sod! I was a shining example for teenagers when I was one.

and what about from the age of two onwards then ?  Wink
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

UALPHLCS

Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:31 am

I can see where this is a problem...

With all this flying around on broomsticks and in cars. Running into walls for a train that may or may not actually exist. Slugs coming out of thier mouths. Petrifing classmates, and using potions to impersonate others. Sneaking around invisably, and other mischief.

I'm amazed those kids are even in a private school.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

ajd1992

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:23 am

I'm not badly behaved at all. Yeah, I can be a little bad mannered, but I don't go around mugging old ladies for a few quid (which has happened) It's a few kids being bad, then people painting all of us with the same brush... Bah.

IFEMaster

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:39 am

Quoting BMIFlyer (Thread starter):
How should it be handled?

Reintroduce 2 year conscription at age 16. Not only will they be off the streets causing trouble, they will learn things like manners and respect and attention to detail (which sadly a lot of kids don't get taught at home), as well as tangible skills. When they are done with their service, they are still young enough to continue on to uni and get a degree, or continue in the service etc. They also get the opportunity to earn some money while they are young.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

mdsh00

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:45 am

Okay what is an ASBO?
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

MYT332

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:47 am

Quoting Mdsh00 (Reply 23):
Okay what is an ASBO?

I'm not sure but Gkirk lists all 23 of his on is CV.  Wink
One Life, Live it.

IFEMaster

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:51 am

Quoting Mdsh00 (Reply 23):
Okay what is an ASBO?

Anti Social Behaviour Order.

It's basically a curfew imposed on individuals, restraining them to very specific places after a certain time. It's a pile of crap.

kaddyuk

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:03 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 22):
Reintroduce 2 year conscription at age 16. Not only will they be off the streets causing trouble, they will learn things like manners and respect and attention to detail (which sadly a lot of kids don't get taught at home), as well as tangible skills. When they are done with their service, they are still young enough to continue on to uni and get a degree, or continue in the service etc. They also get the opportunity to earn some money while they are young.

Not at all, I refuse to be forced to go and work for the poxy government when i've got my own career aspirations. I've got brains... not brawn!
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

IFEMaster

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:16 am

Quoting Kaddyuk (Reply 26):
Not at all, I refuse to be forced to go and work for the poxy government when i've got my own career aspirations. I've got brains... not brawn!

2 years in the military wouldn't harm your career aspirations. In fact, I would say that it might help you develop some of the common skills needed to advance in most careers. And besides, there would be no handicap, as it would be conscription. You neither lose nor gain anything on anyone else. What you DO with the skills and attributes you learn is what matters.

HUYguy

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:30 am

I'm a British teenager. We're not all bad. There are times though when I feel intimidated by the behaviour of people my age and such and such. Everywhere has its good people and its bad people, its just that ours seem to be more notorious and the like. Not helped by The Sun labelling all teenagers 'yobs.'

Thom@s

Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:38 am

The only way to solve the problem is to do what they used to do a long time ago...

...ship them all to Australia.

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

VonRichtofen

Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:34 am

Hmmm, I don't think it's just UK teens that are a problem. Us Canadians are often dismayed at how immature so called British "adults" can be at times. Hell look at half of the European a.net meets. It usually ends up with a bunch of British "adults" running around throwing crap and acting obnoxiously, and I've heard some pretty bad stories of the crap that happens in popular vacation spots (Ibiza etc). No wonder continental europe slags you off...

Quoting 53Sqdn (Reply 7):
shove them in the Army.

That doesn't work either. I live in Alberta which has a large NATO training base near by. Every year the British troops are a problem. There's been several incidents of local families being killed in drunk driving incidents by British troops.

It's weird because it's like the land of extremes over there with people. You have the prim and proper highly educated, intelligent, well spoken British and then you have the chavs who are complete animals. Problem is, I think it's the chavs that are growing in numbers faster than the former.

Kris

PlymSpotter

Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:48 am

Quoting VonRichtofen (Reply 30):
Hell look at half of the European a.net meets. It usually ends up with a bunch of British "adults" running around throwing crap and acting obnoxiously,

I think that firstly you have to grasp the concept of larking about and having some harmless fun with friends, and then correctly distinguish it from hanging around with your mates, getting drunk, and then smashing up a few bus shelters or perhaps throwing some bricks at old people's homes. Last time I checked, this hasn't happened at an A.net meet anywhere, so you are out of line to say that.

Yes, Ibiza does encounter some pretty diabolical antics, but its not just the Brits, there are many nationalities there during the clubbing season and the vast majority of holiday makers just get on and have a nice time, but as ever and with any nationality, there will be those few who step over the mark and start causing trouble which gives others a bad name.

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...