KaiGywer
Crew
Topic Author

Mayor Orders Ticket Quota For Cops; Mayor Arrested

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:56 am

Haha, just goes to show you gotta be careful what you ask for Big grin

He said Katulic was stopped five times and each stop was because of a broken headlight. And because the city has a ticket quota -- an issue that has caused much static between the officers and police and city administration in recent months -- Harper said equipment violations make for easy stops.

"When you go through your shift, you look for anything and everything," Harper said, adding that officers have to average three traffic stops and 1.5 tickets during an 8-hour shift. "He was a highly visible target."

Source: Detroit Free Press

I love it Big grin Also shows how politicians will twist their words as much as they can. Now they are investigating misconduct by the officers...
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

AirCop

RE: Mayor Orders Ticket Quota For Cops; Mayor Arrested

Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:18 am

Oregon had a problem with a town six miles off I-5 that purchased motorcycles and told its officers to go on the freeway and write anyone going faster than the speedlimit. The town was doing this to balance the town budget. Last I hear the AG threaten to file charges against the town.

L-188

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:36 pm

Quoting KaiGywer (Thread starter):
love it Also shows how politicians will twist their words as much as they can. Now they are investigating misconduct by the officers...

Hehehe....laws need to apply to everybody and that includes the mayor.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

57AZ

RE: Mayor Orders Ticket Quota For Cops; Mayor Arre

Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:39 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 2):
laws need to apply to everybody and that includes the mayor.

They do apply to everyone within their jurisdiction. Ask Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik-he was pulled over for speeding a few months ago and had to go through Traffic Survival School. His response when asked about the citation by a local paper? "As the sheriff, I should be setting an example. I was late for an appointment but I shouldn't have been speeding." The article also went on to note that Sheriff Dupnik did not identify himself as law enforcement or Sheriff to the officer until after recieving the citation.

[Edited 2006-11-03 22:40:28]
"When a man runs on railroads over half of his lifetime he is fit for nothing else-and at times he don't know that."

L-188

Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:12 am

Quoting 57AZ (Reply 3):
The article also went on to note that Sheriff Dupnik did not identify himself as law enforcement or Sheriff to the officer until after recieving the citation.

Good for him.

There is too much of that backroom buddy crap going around.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

itsjustme

RE: Mayor Orders Ticket Quota For Cops; Mayor Arre

Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:54 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Thread starter):
Mayor Orders Ticket Quota For Cops; Mayor Arrested

The story inside the story is these guys (Rochester PD) are cutting their own throats. They should be taking the low road and flying way below the radar right now. They should be concentrating on keeping their jobs but instead, they're committing political suicide and are very close to having their Dept. dissolved and taken over by the Sheriff's Office.
Prior to all the press they've brought onto themselves, RPD was the best kept secret in law enforcement. The City of Rochester has an estimated population of 8000 people and is only 3.8 square miles in size. Yet their police department has 22 full time, sworn officers (and 7 non-sworn, civilian personnel) which includes it's own detective bureau. A police force that size is unheard of for a city as small as Rochester. I hope they won't mind wearing brown instead of blue and actually having to work for their paycheck.