AsstChiefMark
Topic Author

Minnesota Lt. Gov. Candidate Botches It

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:22 am

Judi Dutcher, the Democrat candidate for Minnesota Lt. Governor, was asked about E85 during a recent interview. E85 is a motor fuel containing 15% gasoline and 85% ethanol. Minnesota is the country's largest producer of ethanol and the largest consumer of E85.

Dutcher becomes a ditz during THIS interview from KSTP-TV.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

KaiGywer
Crew

RE: Minnesota Lt. Gov. Candidate Botches It

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:27 am

And her running mate Mike Hatch (Gov candidate) was parked illegally on the MSU campus today. Great to see our Attorney General parking wherever the hell he wants. His big camper/bus was parked nicely on the yellow curb  Wink
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

KaiGywer
Crew

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:34 am

"It should not be expected that a candidate for Lt. Governor, who has been serving the past four years in the private sector, know all the issues"

Ehm, I have no interest in politics at all, and work in the private sector. I know what E85 is. I guess signs like this must have passed her by in her last four years working the private sector:
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

IFEMaster

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:37 am

Silly moo.

Another example of someone who's in the race for the power, not the people. Get with program, Dutcher!
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

AsstChiefMark
Topic Author

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:40 am

It's $1.79 a gallon here, too. Although E85 prices have been holding steady, unleaded went up 6 cents a gallon yesterday to $2.39.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

DrDeke

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:20 am

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 4):
It's $1.79 a gallon here, too. Although E85 prices have been holding steady, unleaded went up 6 cents a gallon yesterday to $2.39.

Doesn't E85 contain significantly less energy per gallon than regular gasoline, resulting in fewer miles to the gallon, though? I wonder what the conversion factor is... It'd be interesting to compare the prices taking that into account.

-DrDeke
If you don't want it known, don't say it on a phone.

AsstChiefMark
Topic Author

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:22 am

Quoting DrDeke (Reply 5):
I wonder what the conversion factor is

5% to 10% less miles per gallon.

Mark

KaiGywer
Crew

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:58 am

Quoting DrDeke (Reply 5):
Doesn't E85 contain significantly less energy per gallon than regular gasoline, resulting in fewer miles to the gallon, though? I wonder what the conversion factor is... It'd be interesting to compare the prices taking that into account.

It does, and if you multiply the E85 price with 1.4, you will get the equivalent price for gas. So in the picture above, you're actually "paying" $2.51/gal for E85. But there are other factors, such as using less oil. Kinda on the same foot as using a hybrid car, you don't save any money overall.