qr332

Israeli Tanks Open Fire On Fleeing Women

Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:48 am

The Israeli military claims that there were "two militants hiding between them" but pictures show that this is bullshit.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...08-6AF0-466F-ADD8-02B9882B46CB.htm

http://www.arabmonitor.info/news/dettaglio.php?idnews=16235&lang=en
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

dtwclipper

RE: Israeli Tanks Open Fire On Fleeing Women

Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:52 am

qr,

How about this:

"who were seeking to serve as human shields for Hamas militants holed up in a Gaza mosque on Friday after an overnight standoff. The troops fired on a crowd of women and at least a few men as they marched to the mosque."

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/04/wo...st.html?_r=1&ref=world&oref=slogin
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

speedbird747BA

Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:54 am

ALJAZEERA?????!!!!! please, you can do better than this. posting a reference from aljazeera is ridiculous.

Cheers,
Kyle
How long do I have to climb, up on the side of this mountain of mine?

Scorpio

Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:58 am

Quoting Speedbird747BA (Reply 2):
ALJAZEERA?????!!!!! please, you can do better than this. posting a reference from aljazeera is ridiculous.

Why? They're no more biased than say, Fox.

qr332

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 1):
"who were seeking to serve as human shields for Hamas militants holed up in a Gaza mosque on Friday after an overnight standoff. The troops fired on a crowd of women and at least a few men as they marched to the mosque."

As claimed by the IDF, who sure as hell would want to cover their asses, don't you think? They also claimed men were hiding between them, but there were none as proved by pictures and footage from the scene. Funny how your article doesn't mention this.

Also, if you read the Aljazeera link, one of the injured said they had gone to see what happened to their captured sons, who were supposed to be released... regardless of what happened, what the hell was Israel doing firing at women in the first place?

Why? They are much more objective than the US media, and those are simply two eyewitness accounts. Have you ever watch Aljazeera or read the articles on their website?

http://english.aljazeera.net
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

L-188

The fact that they are/where women is illrelevent to the fact they where shot trying to help terrorists escape.

They chose to be human shields they can live with the consequences of their poor decision making.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

qr332

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:00 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 5):
The fact that they are/where women is illrelevent to the fact they where shot trying to help terrorists escape.

What proof do you have that these men are terrorists? Fighting occupation forces inside the Gaza Strip hardly qualifies as terrorism.

dtwclipper

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:01 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 6):
What proof do you have that these men are terrorists

What proof do you have that the were not?

speedbird747BA

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:03 am

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 3):

Quoting QR332 (Reply 4):
Why? They are much more objective than the US media, and those are simply two eyewitness accounts. Have you ever watch Aljazeera or read the articles on their website?

Oh please. Everyone knows that most of the Islamic world is dead-set against Israel, and Al Jazeera is the front. Saying that Al Jazeera is objective when speaking of Israel is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

speedbird747BA

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:05 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 6):
What proof do you have that these men are terrorists? Fighting occupation forces inside the Gaza Strip hardly qualifies as terrorism.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 1):
Hamas militants

= terrorists.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Kyle

L-188

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:05 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 6):
Fighting occupation forces inside the Gaza Strip hardly qualifies as terrorism.

Lets pretend for a second they wheren't, (I don't believe that for a second) It still doesn't get around the fact they chose to act as human sheilds.

Makes them fair game IMHO.

qr332

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:10 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 7):

The fact that they were being fought for resisting IDF forces.

Quoting Speedbird747BA (Reply 8):
Oh please. Everyone knows that most of the Islamic world is dead-set against Israel, and Al Jazeera is the front. Saying that Al Jazeera is objective when speaking of Israel is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Only those who are shallow enough to believe everything that comes out of Dumsfeld's mouth without trying to look at things themselves. Look at the website and then tell me how biased it is.

Quoting Speedbird747BA (Reply 9):
= terrorists.

Thank you very much.

If they were bombing something within Israel, then yes, as long as they are fighting Israel in the Gaza Strip, no.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 10):
Lets pretend for a second they wheren't, (I don't believe that for a second) It still doesn't get around the fact they chose to act as human sheilds.

Makes them fair game IMHO.

We don't know the full story yet, there was mention of captured men who were supposed to be released... don't forget that. And Israel claims it fired because there were men hiding between them, something that was proved to be untrue... Also, the women raised white flags according to one of the injured, they were trying to stop the fighting, not get themselves killed. The least the IDF could have done was fire warning shots.

damirc

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:11 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 7):

I'm sorry. I thought that the west believes in the principle 'innocent until proven guilty'.

Israel, however, seems to believe in the 'let's shoot them all and let god sort them out' doctrine.

Israel killed at least 36 people in the past 4 days, arrested some 2000 young men yesterday - and the world stands by. Remember, that not too long ago Israel attacked Lebanon because of 2 abducted young men.

Not newsworthy I guess. We all know that there will be a suicide attack in revenge ... that will be newsworthy and it will show us the endless suffering of Israeli people.

D.

dtwclipper

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:14 am

"Women gathered at the site shortly after a call on Hamas radio urged women and children to protest outside the mosque in Beit Hanoun"

and:

Annan urged Israel "to exercise maximum restraint" and do its "utmost to protect civilians."

But the reason behind all this?
He [Annan] also urged "Palestinian militants to stop firing rockets against Israeli civilian targets."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/11/03/mideast.violence/index.html

speedbird747BA

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:15 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 11):
Only those who are shallow enough to believe everything that comes out of Dumsfeld's mouth without trying to look at things themselves. Look at the website and then tell me how biased it is.

Rumsfeld? I really don't see any connection here at all.

We don't know the full story yet,

Agreed. Let's get all the facts before we start speculation.

Cheers,
Kyle

L-188

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:18 am

Also, the women raised white flags

White Flags have a nasty habit of instead of being a warning of placity instead being a lure to bring something in for the kill.

If somebody is approaching you waving one, the soldier needs to exercise extreme caution.

dtwclipper

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:18 am

Quoting Speedbird747BA (Reply 14):
Let's get all the facts before we start speculation

Please, we already know the story...

Israel Bad, Arabs poor innocents who never do anything wrong.

How many posts will this tirade get...300 of the same insults, accusations, and revisionist history lessons from both sides....What is the friggen point...how about a resolution, or would everyone be happier on a Saturday afternoon just creating more tension?

qr332

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:23 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 13):
"Women gathered at the site shortly after a call on Hamas radio urged women and children to protest outside the mosque in Beit Hanoun"

The children part is new to me, every other article only mentioned a plea for people to protest what was happening.

Annan urged Israel "to exercise maximum restraint" and do its "utmost to protect civilians."

And his words are magically going to bring to life the dozens that have died in just 3 days, many of them civilians...

He [Annan] also urged "Palestinian militants to stop firing rockets against Israeli civilian targets."

What do people expect? They starved Gaza during the summer and are still regularly attacking it whenever they feel like it, do they seriously expect people to not try to get back at them?

Rumsfeld? I really don't see any connection here at all.

He kept going on about Aljazeera being pro-Taliban during the Afghanistan war and then went on to say they were pro-Saddam during the Iraq war... ironic thing is that Saddam kicked them out for being too pro-Western and Zaraqawi later threatened to bomb them for being to pro-Western.

Agreed. Let's get all the facts before we start speculation.

Some facts are pretty clear so far, and these are that no militants were between the woman when they were fired on.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 15):
White Flags have a nasty habit of instead of being a warning of placity instead being a lure to bring something in for the kill.

If somebody is approaching you waving one, the soldier needs to exercise extreme caution.

I understand this, but there were 30-40 unarmed women; firing at them without at least firing warning shots is completely wrong.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 16):
How many posts will this tirade get...300 of the same insults, accusations, and revisionist history lessons from both sides....What is the friggen point...how about a resolution, or would everyone be happier on a Saturday afternoon just creating more tension?

A resolution isn't going to be reached on A.Net, and I just posted this to bring more attention to Israel's most recent adventure in Gaza.

dtwclipper

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:28 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 17):
A resolution isn't going to be reached on A.Net, and I just posted this to bring more attention to Israel's most recent adventure in Gaza.

But by doing so, you are also pointing out that the Militants/Hamas are no angels either.

L-188

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:30 am

Women gathered at the site shortly after a call on Hamas radio urged women and children to protest outside the mosque in Beit Hanoun"

Well any claims that they where simply innocent bystanders just went bye-bye.

speedbird747BA

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:32 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 16):
Israel Bad, Arabs poor innocents who never do anything wrong.

I agree. The amount of Israel-bashing on this site is apalling.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 18):

checkmark 

Cheers,
Kyle

7474ever

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:54 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 6):
Fighting occupation forces inside the Gaza Strip hardly qualifies as terrorism.

Well, why don't you mention that Israel pulled out of Gaza last august but Hamas never stopped fireing rockets since then ? In other words - there are no "occupation forces" in Gaza ?

Stop fireing - won't be IDF soldiers inside Gaza. You fail to realize that fact - or simply ignore it.

rjpieces

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:57 am

Quoting Speedbird747BA (Reply 20):
I agree. The amount of Israel-bashing on this site is apalling.

The amount of Israel-bashing outside the United States is apalling. The United States is the only friend in this world that Israel has....
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

solnabo

Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:28 am

Boo-effing-hoo

I feel so sad that US is the only friend Israel got with all fighterjets ammo etc etc from US,  Yeah sure but otoh the zionists extremists are as bad as Hamas. Israel Army is doing everything to push Palestine into the sea and this Berlin wall......pleaseee!!

Personly I don´t give a sheiz about Israel.

My   

Micke//   

[Edited 2006-11-04 22:52:01]
Airbus SAS - Love them both

qr332

Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:55 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 18):
But by doing so, you are also pointing out that the Militants/Hamas are no angels either.

I don't believe them to be angels, both sides can be monsters, but only one is driven by desperation. The other is driven by greed for land.

Quoting 7474ever (Reply 21):
Well, why don't you mention that Israel pulled out of Gaza last august but Hamas never stopped fireing rockets since then ? In other words - there are no "occupation forces" in Gaza ?

Because all they did was move the settlers out and remove the checkpoints... they still bombed Gaza whenever they felt the need and did whatever they wanted to. The pullout was nothing more than PR, and need I remind you that Hamas, as an organization, only started firing rockets after the incident in which family on the beach, during an Israeli offensive in the Gaza Strip? As soon as Hamas was elected in, all hell broke loose.

Stop fireing - won't be IDF soldiers inside Gaza. You fail to realize that fact - or simply ignore it.

As was proved time and time again, right?  Yeah sure

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 22):
The amount of Israel-bashing outside the United States is apalling. The United States is the only friend in this world that Israel has....

For a very good reason, RJ... and the US are only friends with US because of the amount of garbage you are fed daily by your media.

dtwclipper

Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:55 am

Either I'm missing something in the translation or you somehow missed the point.....

vc10

Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:08 am

quote=QR332,reply=24]Hamas, as an organization, only started firing rockets after the incident in which family on the beach, during an Israeli offensive in the Gaza Strip? As soon as Hamas was elected in, all hell broke loose[/quote]

Perhaps I forgot something, but I thought the problems in Gaza restarted after the Palestinians dug a tunnel under the border and killed two Israelie soldiers and captured a third.

littlevc10

dtwclipper

Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:24 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 24):
but only one is driven by desperation. The other is driven by greed for land.

Which is which?

Springbok747

Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:24 am

Quoting Solnabo (Reply 23):

Well...most of the US and the western world (save a few Europeans) doesn't give a s*it about some terrorists and the women who were trying to act as human shields..boo f*cking hoo.

This thread is nothing more than more Israel bashing.

So I guess ALL the problems in the region will be solved if the state of Israel ceased to exist  Yeah sure
אני תומך בישראל

rjpieces

Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:28 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 28):
So I guess ALL the problems in the region will be solved if the state of Israel ceased to exist

Of course. Because that is going to deal with the fact that millions of Arabs hate the US, hate each other, don't have jobs, don't produce anything of value to the world, etc etc.  sarcasm 
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

qr332

Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:29 am

Quoting VC10 (Reply 26):
Perhaps I forgot something, but I thought the problems in Gaza restarted after the Palestinians dug a tunnel under the border and killed two Israelie soldiers and captured a third.

The incident I am referring to occurred before the summer, the soldiers were kidnapped after the incident; several incidents had already occurred by the time the soldiers were kidnapped.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 27):
Which is which?

Gee, I don't know, which is more likely, dtw? The people who occupy 3 different territories that aren't theres and that were established through land grab or those that don't even have a country, and are occupied by another nation?  Yeah sure

vc10

Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:41 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 30):

But that is the trouble the list of incidents go back 60 years and there are people on both sides with long memories. Some where and sometime a line has to be drawn under all that has gone before.

I notice you say there were several incidents before the soldiers were killed and captured, but there were probably thousands over that 60 years on both sides, so draw a line and stop others ruining your future for their own ends.

littlevc10

keesje

Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:42 am

I this all had taken place in the US against intruders,

how would we see this, brave?

I think using the word "terrorism" for everything these days is very dangerous.
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

speedbird747BA

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:06 am

Why doesnt the Middle East get over itself? Israel whooped ass in the Yom-Kippur War, the 6-day War, the 1956 Suez War, and the 1948 Arab-Israeli War. The Arabs get beaten down thoroughly every time. They need to get over it, stop killing Israelis, or threatening to kill Israelis, or saying Israel needs to be pushed all the way into the Mediterranean.

Big version: Width: 350 Height: 242 File size: 10kb
Jordanian Artillery Firing on Jerusalem in Phase 3 of the 1948 Arab-Israeli War

This is Jordanian artillery shelling Jerusalem. Mind you, right before this has happened, several events transpired. Israel was just granted land in UN General Assembly Resolution 181, and so, in fact, were the Arabs(until it was taken back by Israel for being used to attack Israel, naturally). Then, in response to the Jewish Agency receiving part of the British Mandate of Palestine, attacked Israel.

Boy howdy, the Arabs are just a bundle of fairness. They are lucky, extremely fortnate, that Israel has shown restraint in times of recent.

Cheers,
Kyle

Scorpio

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:07 am

Oh please. Everyone knows that most of the Islamic world is dead-set against Israel, and Al Jazeera is the front.

Oh really? Everyone knows huh? What you know, or think you know, is simply what your media want you to know. Have you ever even watched Al Jazeera? Or is the only thing you've seen of them the OBL tapes and that which the US media showed you? The fact of the matter is that Al Jazeera, unlike the US media, shows both sides of the story. It shows things about the West that the leaders in the West don't like, and is therefore called anti-West. At the same time, it shows things about the Middle East regimes that they don't like, and thus they are called PRO-West. Seems to me they're right where they should be.

Saying that Al Jazeera is objective when speaking of Israel is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

No. Judging something you know hardly anything about is.

speedbird747BA

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:13 am

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 34):

Answer me this, is Al Jazeera an Arab, or Muslim venture?

Cheers,
Kyle

Scorpio

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:20 am

Quoting Speedbird747BA (Reply 35):

Arab, though I fail to see what that has to do with anything.

speedbird747BA

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:23 am

And the Arabs, generally, as a whole, tend to dislike Israel, don't they?
Just answer the question. One word please.

Cheers,
Kyle

damirc

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:25 am

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 36):
Arab, though I fail to see what that has to do with anything.

He's trying to prove, that every side has their agenda, thereby managing to prove that the other side has an agenda also  Wink

Anyway. The history of the conflict is pretty much clear. The only possible resolution is also clear - Israel stays, Palestine becomes a country (within the 1967 borders), and they can hate each other from opposing sides of the wall.

I'm pretty sure that the radicals will get less support once this starts happening. At least for a decade or two (if the Balkans has thought me anything, then it is the fact, that people forget how bad wars are every 20-40 years).

D.

ShakeZulaNJ

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:25 am

Oh goody goody gum drops, another colorful Israel/Arab thread with the usual suspects. I like these. Lots of bashing on both sides, and if this thread is indicative of what it's like over in the Middle East, they have no hope for any kind of peace.

As for these women, I guess they had no fear of the Israelis. Or death for that matter. If they are willing to die for their cause, then this fight is going to outlive all of us.
It's not bird strike, it's engine suck...

speedbird747BA

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:28 am

Quoting Damirc (Reply 38):
Palestine becomes a country (within the 1967 borders),

Well, they couldnt manage that too well did they? The Palestinians never miss a chance to miss a chance.

Cheers,
Kyle

damirc

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:29 am

Quoting Speedbird747BA (Reply 40):
Well, they couldnt manage that too well did they? The Palestinians never miss a chance to miss a chance.

What chance are we talking about? And Israel, while being very eloquent in it's press releases is not exactly helping the situation.

Oh. And when will the illegal settlements finally go?

D.

Scorpio

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:32 am

Quoting Speedbird747BA (Reply 37):
And the Arabs, generally, as a whole, tend to dislike Israel, don't they?
Just answer the question. One word please.

Oh come on? THAT is your reason to say that Al Jazeera is at the forefront of the battle against Israel? The simple fact that they are Arab? That's just laughable!

By the same token, are we to immediately dismiss out of hand everything and anything the US media say about any Arab country? Because, as a whole, Americans tend to like Israel, and tend to dislike Arabs, don't they?

You have a lot to learn.

speedbird747BA

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:33 am

Quoting Damirc (Reply 41):
And when will the illegal settlements finally go?

What are you talking about?

What chance are we talking about?

The Palestinians have been given plent, plenty of chances.

They were given a chance when Israel forced JEWS out the Gaza strip for a 'new' Palestine, if you could call it that. But they had their chance. Then they got angry, as they always seem ready to be, and started firing rockets, kidnapping, the usual list. They blew it.

Cheers,
Kyle

damirc

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:38 am

Quoting Speedbird747BA (Reply 43):

Read about the subject and then come back.

The Palestinians have been given plent, plenty of chances.

Mhm. Name one which didn't make them lose something more - in return for the goodwill of Israel. :P

D.

speedbird747BA

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:43 am

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 42):
Oh come on? THAT is your reason to say that Al Jazeera is at the forefront of the battle against Israel? The simple fact that they are Arab? That's just laughable!

By the same token, are we to immediately dismiss out of hand everything and anything the US media say about any Arab country? Because, as a whole, Americans tend to like Israel, and tend to dislike Arabs, don't they?

You have a lot to learn.

Your naivete is disturbing. Were not talking about the US media here. By and large, they are corrupt, bias, and rather stupid. And I tend to like the Arabs. Over the past few years, they have adopted aggravating tendencies to attack Israel, but I think the Culture and cities they have built (Dubai, Riyadh...) as excellent and agreeable.

Cheers,
Kyle

Cheers,
Kyle

Scorpio

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:56 am

Quoting Speedbird747BA (Reply 45):
Your naivete is disturbing.

rotfl  rotfl  rotfl  rotfl 

Don't remember the last time a high school kid told me that, much less one who seems to think (based on what you've written here so far) the whole extremely complicated situation in the Middle East comes down to one party being right and the others being wrong. Please don't accuse others of being naive when your own posts are swimming in it.

damirc

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:59 am

To reply again ...

I mean these settlements: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d8/Westbankjan06.jpg

D.

bravo45

Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:44 am

Oh please. Everyone knows that most of the Islamic world is dead-set against Israel, and Al Jazeera is the front.

Oh so why don't you tell me what the hell do you know about Al-Jazeera first hand. To begin with, are you proficient in Arabic??

Quoting Speedbird747BA (Reply 35):

Huh!!!

You have a lot to learn.

checkmark 
Though I am beginning to doubt if the urge is there.

And when will the illegal settlements finally go?

*applause*  Yeah sure

About this particular incident, it is quite remarkable how Israel can simply get away with ANYTHING. Nothing will come off this incident to make sure anyone accountable is held to account. BTW when was the last time anyone ever was held to account in the IDF over such incidents, now that I think about it, I don't remember any such case. I won't mind anyone helping me out though.

vanguard737

Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:00 am

It is amazing how many of you are brainwashed into believing the Islamofacists that Israel and the USA arew the root of all evil, especially Europeans. Why don't we just hand over our countries to Islam now and save ourselves the trouble? There can be no comprimise with radical Islam because radical Islam does not desire peace. It will accept nothing less than total global subjugation to Islam. I'm tired of trying to be politically correct and pretend there is a peaceable solution, there isn't.

Feel free to flame me, I really don't care.

Quoting Solnabo (Reply 23):

Quoting Damirc (Reply 12):
I'm sorry. I thought that the west believes in the principle 'innocent until proven guilty'.

Israel, however, seems to believe in the 'let's shoot them all and let god sort them out' doctrine.

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 3):
320 717 722 732 733 735 737 738 744 752 753 763 772 DC9 DC10 MD80 B1900 S340 E120 ERJ CRJ CR7