FJWH
Topic Author

Question About Verdict Saddam

Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:03 am

Hello!

Well Saddam will be hanged as we all know now. But wil this be on live television? Yes I would love to watch it (and I don't care you think of that), just like a lot of others.

Thanks Smile
FJWH
FlightS in the next 3 months: MSP, PHX, MEM, NCE, TFS, BCN. All round trips from AMS

Thom@s

RE: Question About Verdict Saddam

Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:04 am

What I would like to know is has a date been set for his execution?

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

CPH-R

Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:14 am

It has to be carried out within 30 days from now, if the appeals court decides not to award him a new trial - which I doubt is going to happen.

Not to mention, what the hell is wrong with the people who wants to watch his execution? If you have such a fetisch, how about going to Saudi Arabia and watch one of their public executions?

Thomson735

Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:19 am

Na just wanna watch him get excecuted, i dnt think hanging is good enough tho

FJWH
Topic Author

Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:54 am

Quoting CPH-R (Reply 2):
Not to mention, what the hell is wrong with the people who wants to watch his execution? If you have such a fetisch, how about going to Saudi Arabia and watch one of their public executions?

I said: "(and I don't care you think of that)" you have to read it like": don't give your personal opinion about wether you think that's stupid or not.

Aso "if you have such a fetisch"?? Dude, be serious (and I mean really!). I am talking about Saddam houssain! Not just some unknown person in iraq.

Cheers, FJWH
FlightS in the next 3 months: MSP, PHX, MEM, NCE, TFS, BCN. All round trips from AMS

ZBBYLW

Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:54 am

You know i would agree. If its on TV i would watch it. However in Canada (or the states for that matter) I doubt it would be on tv. If it were to be aired could you imagine all of the lawsuits that would follow. "I now have night mares" etc... Perhaps it might get on in the middle east not here though.
Keep the shinny side up!

kmh1956

Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:52 am

Quoting ZBBYLW (Reply 5):
If it were to be aired could you imagine all of the lawsuits that would follow.

If they can't handle Janet's boob, trust me they won't be able to handle a televised execution.
I wouldn't watch it anyway.That's what the on/off button is for.
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

ltbewr

Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:05 am

In the USA, when executions take place, a selected and limited number of people can be at the site of it and observe it as official witnesses. There is also a doctor, a prison official and sometimes a religious minister in attendance as well. They will usually be in a gallery adjacent to the facility and within sight of the execution facility. Often such facilities have windows into the room where the execution is done. No one is allowed to have any cameras, recording equipment, cell phones, often notepads/pens and the like in the witness area. Sometimes, members of the victim's family may be able to attend. There have been cases of journalists attending as witnesses. Since about the late 1800's, Judicially ordered executions in the USA have been done within prison facilities. I would suggest that a similar policy will be used in the execution, when and if held, of Saddam and others convicted and given the death penalty in the recent trials in Iraq.