solnabo

Child Drawings Revenge On Denmark.

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:25 am

Reading on TextTV that a radiostation in Indonesia did a competition for children to smear the Danish Royal Family.

Purpose for this: revenge for the Mohammed caricature in Jyllands Posten.

One drawing is a pig with a crown sitting on the throne with the danish flag in background, another is a pig dressed as the queen.

37 children took part of the competition taking place in a mosque in Kediri, east Java, according to newsagency Antara...

Whatta bunch of jerks: are the adults to scared to draw pig pics of the Royal Danish Family instead the children have to do the dirty work....

Move on for crying out loud!

Those cowards make me sick!!!

Micke//     

[Edited 2006-11-06 18:29:20]

[Edited 2006-11-06 18:41:15]

[Edited 2006-11-06 18:41:55]
Airbus SAS - Love them both

cedars747

RE: Child Drawings Revenge On Denmark.

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:38 am

Quoting Solnabo (Thread starter):

They make me sick!!!

Can't agree more ! It's so horrible to use kids for revenge

Alex!!!
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion !لدي شغف للطيران !I have a passion for aviation !Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart!j'ai

satx

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:43 am

I'm right there with you; religion is harmful to kids' minds and gives them all sorts of bad ideas.
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...

B777-700

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:44 am

Theose cowards make me sick!!!

The difference is, you wont see the Danes burning flags, protesting violently, or setting the Indonesian embassy on fire like a bunch of Neanderthals.
If you don't chew Big Red, then @#$% you.

solnabo

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:48 am

Sorry, missunderstood your post....

Delete please!

[Edited 2006-11-06 18:55:02]
Airbus SAS - Love them both

B777-700

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:55 am

Quoting Solnabo (Reply 4):
Do you?

Do I what?
If you don't chew Big Red, then @#$% you.

DLKAPA

Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:02 am

At least they're encouraging creativity and not destruction.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

satx

Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:06 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 6):

Creative destruction of the mind?
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...

BMIFlyer

Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:07 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 6):

They'll learn that in High school  sarcastic 

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

saintsman

Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:04 pm

I couldn't understand why people could get so upset by a cartoon. Then I thought about how pissed off I was when they gave Scooby Doo a cousin....

sebolino

Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:26 pm

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 5):
Quoting Solnabo (Reply 4):
Do you?

Do I what?

Do you do ?

oly720man

Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:06 pm

I was under the, possibly mistaken, impression that to have anything to do with pigs was a big no-no in Islam, to the extent that Piglet in Winnie the Pooh was not a toy that kids could not play with or could not be seen in any movies.

Getting moslem kids to draw pigs? Isn't that going to confuse them, at best? Did they wear gloves so they wouldn't touch the pig?

When I was in Malaysia in the late 80's I remember being in a supermarket and someone buying some pork and even though it was well wrapped in its container the Islamic checkout girl had to use an extra barrier of a couple of plastic bags to even pick it up, while not looking too happy about having to do it.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

Thomson735

Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:19 am

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 3):
The difference is, you wont see the Danes burning flags, protesting violently, or setting the Indonesian embassy on fire like a bunch of Neanderthals.

Yes because they are civilised people, here in the west we dnt burn flags we dnt get violent about religeon in comparison

we dont stoop that low and we are not that childish

prebennorholm

Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:13 am

The difference is, you wont see the Danes burning flags, protesting violently, or setting the Indonesian embassy on fire...

Funny thing is that 80% of what I know about this event, I learned here reading this thread. And I consider myself a pretty well informed citizen, at least on local issues.

Without a.net I wouldn't have known that it was children, and I wouldn't have known which islamic country it was.

I heard it on the radio news while driving to or from work. It was the last item where that radio station always brings funny events or even jokes, just to bring the listeners back to the real world away from war, terror, accidents, elections and all such disasters.

BTW, I saw a cartoon in a paper the other day. A mullah or something like that comes into a shop to buy a Danish flag. The shop owner asks: "Is it out of house - wrapped up, or do you burn it right away?"
Always keep your number of landings equal to your number of take-offs

ME AVN FAN

Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:34 am

Reading on TextTV that a radiostation in Indonesia did a competition for children to smear the Danish Royal Family. Purpose for this: revenge for the Mohammed caricature in Jyllands Posten. One drawing is a pig with a crown sitting on the throne with the danish flag in background, another is a pig dressed as the queen. 37 children took part of the competition taking place in a mosque in Kediri, east Java, according to newsagency Antara... Whatta bunch of jerks: are the adults to scared to draw pig pics of the Royal Danish Family instead the children have to do the dirty work.... Move on for crying out loud! Those cowards make me sick!!!

-
But why are you so excited about all this ? It is NOT exactly high-standard, and it sounds to be a bit childish, but I would not make such a fuss about it.
-

-
Children participating in such a drawing contest are not setting an embassy on fire, and they apparently were not burning any flags, so what ?
-

Quoting Thomson735 (Reply 12):
we dont stoop that low and we are not that childish

ever heard about football-hooligans and anti-WEF-demonstrators ?
-

Thomson735

Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:38 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 14):
Children participating in such a drawing contest are not setting an embassy on fire, and they apparently were not burning any flags, so what ?
-

I was refering to when the cartoons where drawn and muslims went mad and burnt flags and just totally overreacted

The idea of the drawing contest is a mock of Dennmark, wat i mean is danes are not going to run about setting fire to stuff because there not idiots

prebennorholm

Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:58 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 14):
...I would not make such a fuss about it.

Nobody made any fuss.

But Solnabo is right, that it is sickening that children are treated that way. But then, it was one radio station among hundreds or thousands of radio stations in a country with a hundred million inhabitants.

The really sick thing is that it seems like no adult man or woman in Indonesia stood up and said that it was a sick treatment of children and therefore should remain a one-off event.

brettbrett21

Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:59 am

Quoting Thomson735 (Reply 15):
because there not idiots

i believe it is: they're not idiots!!  Wink

why are they taking out on the royal family though? What did they have to do with that possibly-the-biggest-over-reaction-ever event?
i'm so excited i wish i could wet my pants!

ME AVN FAN

Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:05 am

Quoting Prebennorholm (Reply 16):
it seems like no adult man or woman in Indonesia stood up and said that it was a sick treatment of children and therefore should remain a one-off event

the whole thing is rather dull, true, but "sick treatment" sounds a bit exaggerated

Quoting Brettbrett21 (Reply 17):
the royal family

is of symbolic relevance

ME AVN FAN

Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:07 am

as dull as it may be, the Danish Royal Family should contact the radio-station in question and offer to buy the whole collection of drawings for amusement. It would make a BIG impression.

windshear

Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:14 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 18):
the whole thing is rather dull, true, but "sick treatment" sounds a bit exaggerated

Dull? You need action?

Just think of these children, and what these people are planting in their heads... Are there no psychology in Indonesia?? You teach to mock a nationality or ethnicity, and you teach this to children...

This could have Horrific consequences in the future, just look at the Saudi text books for reference.  yuck 

Boaz.
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman

ME AVN FAN

Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:31 am

Quoting Windshear (Reply 20):
teach to mock a nationality or ethnicity

the Royal Family of Denmark to me is neither a nationality nor an ethnicity, just the Royal Family, a significant and symbolic family of course true

just look at the Saudi text books for reference

my knowledge of Indonesia admittedly is limited, I however hope that your comparison with Saudi Arabia is as far off the mark as I assume !
-
It however would be a tremendous thing if somebody of Denmark, be it the Royals, the Prime Minister, the Ambassador or whomever would take it with humour and get into talk overthere, possibly even (with an interpreter) participating in a talk on that radio.
-
I give you an example. When the tricky role of the Swiss banks during WWII got into the limelight some years ago, many Swiss were angry, most diplomats went into "hiding", but ONE diplomat took over as "emissary-special" and travelled around in the USA, participated in dozens of radio/TV-talkshows, met uncounted people, made jokes about thrifty bankers, explained matters, distributed Swiss chocolate and cheese, explained matters, and finally rescued "the show". As it is in the Quran "God is with the steadfast" or in the Bible "Don't be afraid, I am with you all days". The world is with those who go forward and not with the angry and the cautious and the reserved ones.
-

prebennorholm

Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:51 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 19):
...the Danish Royal Family should contact the radio-station in question and offer to buy the whole collection of drawings for amusement. It would make a BIG impression.

No, impossible, that can't happen. Royals don't react, they either act, or do nothing.

Besides that, the main issue here is not the drawings, but the treatment of Indonesian children. Windshear said it very well in his reply #20.

An additional issue might be the absence of freedom of speech which prevents Indonesian parents from commenting upon the treatment of their loved children.

Thomson735

Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:53 am

Just think of these children, and what these people are planting in their heads

yes happens all over the world now, especially in certain religeous buildings in britain, seems the world just accepts it

windshear

Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:59 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 21):
a significant and symbolic family of course true

Exactly, listen what ever you want to see, this is a very poor way of interacting with children, you teach them that you must make a fool of the national symbol of a country, because a FREE PRESS and independent newspaper decided to print cartoons of their prophet... Cheesus what a bad bad thing to teach.

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 21):
my knowledge of Indonesia admittedly is limited, I however hope that your comparison with Saudi Arabia is as far off the mark as I assume !
-

You once again misinterpret what I write... I used Saudi as the absolute horror example to what this type of forcing opinions onto children can do to people and to nations...

Read some books on Developmental psychology, you'll soon enough get my drift.

Boaz.

AirPacific747

Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:01 am

Bunch of idiots! And are we going to create huge riots in the streets of Copenhagen and will we start boycotting muslim countries now? We have a better way to spend our time

Quoting SATX (Reply 2):
I'm right there with you; religion is harmful to kids' minds and gives them all sorts of bad ideas.

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

Couldn't agree more!

[Edited 2006-11-07 21:04:18]

ME AVN FAN

Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:00 pm

Quoting Prebennorholm (Reply 22):
the treatment of Indonesian children

such "treatment" of children by the media happens often all over the globe, also in Western countries. Rubbish, like cheap advertising, is often done with children, fairly often upon agreement with the parents (for money). No, I would NOT see the matter in such a dramatic and serious light. It is not more serious than a boy declaring the chocolate "pops" with that XYZ-label to be the best.
-

Quoting Thomson735 (Reply 23):
certain religeous buildings

like that big one just south of Hyde Park, on Knightsbridge or Kensington Gore Road, "labelled" "The Islamic Academy" ? I was rather shocked when I saw that "establishment" in 1999 or 2000 and wondered why the U.K. tolerates such things. Or those bookshops east of Charing Cross Road, selling rather extreme "literature" (have done so for at least a decade) ? That the UK is a free and liberal country is really nice, but sometimes things are a bit exaggerated.
-

Quoting Windshear (Reply 24):
Exactly, listen what ever you want to see, this is a very poor way of interacting with children, you teach them that you must make a fool of the national symbol of a country, because a FREE PRESS and independent newspaper decided to print cartoons of their prophet... Cheesus what a bad bad thing to teach.

it is a substandard way of interacting with children, I however would not go as far as saying that a radio-station "teaches" things to children. And I miss the humour on your side a bit.
-

Quoting Windshear (Reply 24):
used Saudi as the absolute horror example to what this type of forcing opinions onto children can do to people and to nations...

ok,ok, on this I have to agree, unfortunately
-

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 25):
create huge riots

I would encourage you simply to relax and take it lightly. I do not see much basis for the excitement, unless one of your reverends gets excited and starts hell  scratchchin 
-

AirPacific747

Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:35 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 26):
I would encourage you simply to relax and take it lightly. I do not see much basis for the excitement, unless one of your reverends gets excited and starts hell

LOL! You're talking as if we wanted to make big riots. Sorry to disappoint you pal, but we have better things to do  Wink

Thomson735

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:17 am

like that big one just south of Hyde Park, on Knightsbridge or Kensington Gore Road, "labelled" "The Islamic Academy" ? I was rather shocked when I saw that "establishment" in 1999 or 2000 and wondered why the U.K. tolerates such things. Or those bookshops east of Charing Cross Road, selling rather extreme "literature" (have done so for at least a decade) ? That the UK is a free and liberal country is really nice, but sometimes things are a bit exaggerated.
-

LOL yea exactly we are way too soft, we get demonstrations of people in our towns saying kill infedels etc lmao other places allow that?

ANd yes the stuff that goes on in the majority of mosques in the uk is far from religeon

Yet our country seems to accept it, well be warned one day the people may rebel and it will be one messy situation

Thom@s

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:25 am

Big deal, I hear the drawings look nothing like the royal family anyway...

Thom@s  Wink
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

windshear

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:34 am

And I miss the humour on your side a bit.

Smile but that is IT ok? One smile for ya Big grin

Boaz.

ME AVN FAN

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:50 am

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 27):
You're talking as if we wanted to make big riots

I had a kind of "vision" of a kind of Reverend Ian Paisly, 30 years younger and Danish, and suffered a shock for a moment   

Quoting Thomson735 (Reply 28):
messy situation

I think the situation already is messy, even if the majority of mosques is OK. British law-enforcers anyway should rather concentrate onto such bookshops and "CD-libraries" as mentioned above. And such worthy "institutes". You see, the one mentioned above then was unknown to me, I just remembered when it was mentioned in October 01

Quoting Thom@s (Reply 29):
the drawings look nothing like the royal family anyway...

astonished ? I, if asked, could hardly name King/Queen of Denmark (Sophia?), I could NOT describe them and definitely neither draw nor paint them. So how should those children who supposedly rather saw it as a funny game
-
while it is much easier to describe the British Royal Family with smilies where you have the
   queen
her    husband
her    ing +    eldest son
+ her    second son
-

[Edited 2006-11-08 16:51:55]

AirPacific747

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:51 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 31):
and suffered a shock for a moment yes

Don't worry. We are not sinking as low as certain other people  Wink  duck