dtwclipper

All Is Politics Local

Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:15 pm

What happened in your state legislatures?

Here is Michigan the Dems retook the House, and closed the gap in the State Sen. Two races have yet to be called and might change the make up.

Of great pleasure for me, I worked for a buddy of mine who ran for state house and won!

But the biggest shockers were in the Thumb and western Wayne County in two previously strong Republican seats where the state parties invested little in their candidates because of the presumed GOP advantage.

Democrat Marc Corriveau of Northville upset the heavily favored Mark Abbo, the Northville Township supervisor in the 20th District
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

ltbewr

RE: All Is Politics Local

Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:40 pm

Democrats had big wins in a number of Governor's and other statewide races as well as regional governments in yesterday's elections for 'local' reasons. Local and state wide corruption issues were very important, especially in Ohio.
There was a serious corruption problem among Republicans for years in Ohio leading to a number of Democrats winning.
In NY State, Democrat Elliot Spitzer won the Governor's race on a reputation as the State Attorney General that went after government and business corruption issues, something badly needing attention in that state. Other top State offices all went to Democrats, including the Comptroller despite that he allowed the use of a state car and driver to transport his sick wife around (he repaid the costs of that, apoligized in ads for that bad decision) In NY State, most top offices went to Democrats and they really had very little competition from Republicans.

RAPCON

RE: All Is Politics Local

Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:43 pm

So the Republican is corrupt in Ohio, but the Democrats in NY (including it's corrupt Comptroller) are considered what? Not familiar with the laws on fraud/waste/abuse?

I don't get it?
MODS CAN'T STOP ME....THEY CAN ONLY HOPE TO CONTAIN ME!!!