RJdxer
Topic Author

Where Are The Calls For Recounts?

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:06 am

Now that the last Senate seat has gone, where are all the calls for recounts in the close call elections? When they lose close ones the democrats cry like babies about how not all the votes were counted, people were intimidated, they had to gasp wait in line to vote and such. Now you have at least 3 senate races that were extremely close calls and not one peep about a recount, just to make sure they won fairly and squarely.

Who are the sore losers?
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

Traindriver

RE: Where Are The Calls For Recounts?

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:12 am

I be wanting a recount.

Signed,
Al Sharpton

AsstChiefMark

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:26 am

The 2000 election and its recount fiasco was an embarrassment for American politics. As a result, new recount rules and standards were developed.

Generally, recounts are legally REQUIRED if the vote totals between the two highest vote-getters is a less than 0.5%. This relieves the 2nd place person from appearing a whining crybaby. It's safe to say that any recounts that are occurring after this election are those required by law.

It's now considered honorable to admit defeat if the difference is greater than 0.5%.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

Scorpio

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:35 am

Quoting RJdxer (Thread starter):
Who are the sore losers?

Oh I don't know, YOU for immediately starting to bitch and cry about the Democrats the moment they kicked your ass? Not to mention that 'the republicans not being crybabies' has nothing to do with anything, as per AsstChiefMark's post.

But hey, woudn't want to let facts get in the way of a good old democrat bash, now would we?

andessmf

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:38 am

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 3):
YOU for immediately starting to bitch and cry about the Democrats the moment they kicked your ass?

Well, for once, not mentioning the 2000 election, in 2004 the Democrats were prepared to sue over a 157,000 count difference in the presidential vote in Ohio. Remember that?

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 3):
But hey, woudn't want to let facts get in the way of a good old democrat bash, now would we?

No, this is a valid point. If you go back to the 2004 elections, the Democrats were demanding recounts and calling 'vote fraud' over margins that were a lot bigger than several races we have now.

TedTAce

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:29 am

Who are the sore losers?

Here's the thing:
A) You are MOSTLY right
B) This election didn't have the irregularities as in 00
This space intentionally left blank

mdsh00

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:20 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 5):
Here's the thing:
A) You are MOSTLY right
B) This election didn't have the irregularities as in 00

Not to mention the major fact that Al Gore had won the popular vote. Which again shows why the Electoral Vote system is archaic and needs to go.
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

N1120A

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:28 am

Hmmm, is it really an accurate comparison when you are talking about an 800 vote margin in the 4th largest state in the country in a Presidential election and a 7000 vote margin in a state with less than half the population in a Senatoral election?
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

A332

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:29 am

Who cares about calling for recounts..?

We already have all sorts of wanker right-wingers predicting the apocalypse since the Democrats have fairly won back Congress... that's pathetic enough, thanks.
Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!

RJdxer
Topic Author

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:31 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 5):
) This election didn't have the irregularities as in 00

So when democrats win and republicans are mature enough to concede even though the vote counts are a lot closer in several of those elections than they were in other years when it went the other way, then that means that every vote was counted, nobody was denied their right to vote, no ballots or electronic machines were screwed up, nobody was intimidated, no fraud occured, and everything is as it should be right?

Quoting Mdsh00 (Reply 6):
Not to mention the major fact that Al Gore had won the popular vote.

Nice try, but the facts and all the recounts by election officials and news media, no matter how they twisted them, say differently.

I guess this ends the urban myth that Diebold and their evil conservative friends will control all elections from now on! Of course that will only last until the next GOP President is elected.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

andessmf

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:53 am

Which again shows why the Electoral Vote system is archaic and needs to go.

I would suggest rethinking that one. The Democrats had their hopes in the 2004 elections with Ohio, where there was a 157,000 vote difference. If Ohio had gone for Kerry, Kerry would have won the election by the electoral college, not by the popular vote, which GWB handily won. In 2004, the Democrats did not call for an end to the electoral college.

Quoting A332 (Reply 8):
We already have all sorts of wanker right-wingers predicting the apocalypse since the Democrats have fairly won back Congress... that's pathetic enough, thanks

Well, then you are reading incorrect sources. I have not heard anything but blame by conservatives against the GOP and their failed campaigning. Here is a reference if you care to read it:

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/H...d_not_taken__forfeiting_a_majority

A332

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:02 am

My source is this very forum and the many other forums I read and contribute to each and every day... let's not forget, they ARE American voters, just like you... and each and every one of them has a right to their opinion... and trust me, you're not alone out there.  Wink

andessmf

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:08 am

A332, this forum DOES NOT represent a complete selection of all the varied opinions that people have. You have several righties in this forum, some who might have blamed the Democrats for the GOPs loss, I wasnt one of them and dont plan to do that. That sweeping generalization you do is not correct and made it seem as if the mainstream conservative commentators share that opinion. That is not the case. And I provided you with reference to it.

You wouldnt like if I generalize against the groups you belong to, dont do the same to others.

A332

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:18 am

Note I said 'many other forums'... don't think for a moment this is my only source of entertainment.

And that being said, you make it seem as if forums do not cater to enlighted people with factual information... and that simply is not true...

...and guess what, I am fully aware that the idiots do not represent the majority, they never have. The original post simply showcases the reality of post-election 2006... that poor sportsmanship is rampant on both sides.

lowrider

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:49 am

Which again shows why the Electoral Vote system is archaic and needs to go.

Yes, because that way you could win elections without having to bother with the sparsely populated areas. Those in the 10 or 15 biggest cities could decide who leads the country. Perfect solution. Who cares what people in Kansas or South Dakota think? They are not nearly as important.
Proud OOTSK member

RJdxer
Topic Author

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:53 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 7):
Hmmm, is it really an accurate comparison when you are talking about an 800 vote margin in the 4th largest state in the country in a Presidential election and a 7000 vote margin in a state with less than half the population in a Senatoral election?

I don't know, I was thinking of this one and Florida in 2000.

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 10):
The Democrats had their hopes in the 2004 elections with Ohio, where there was a 157,000 vote difference. If

Then again, should it make any difference, shouldn't all the votes be counted equally or are democratic votes worth more than gop votes?

texdravid

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:25 pm

There are none.

Tester and Webb won by small margins, both smaller than the >100K margin that Kerry lost Ohio to Bush in 2004. However, we heard nothing but bitching for months afterward.

A very clear comparison if there was ever was one.

BTW, those Diebold machines really did work for evil Karl Rove, didn't they?  Yeah sure
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

turbo7x7

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:53 pm

Message to all right-wingers:

There were no recounts called for because the losers didn't want to be HUMILIATED YET AGAIN when the recount shows they lost by an EVEN BIGGER MARGIN than the first count!  Big grin  Big grin

andessmf

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:04 pm

Quoting Turbo7x7 (Reply 17):
There were no recounts called for because the losers didn't want to be HUMILIATED YET AGAIN when the recount shows they lost by an EVEN BIGGER MARGIN than the first count!

I know, I call that the Al Gore syndrome. I keep telling my fellow right-wingers not to play it like losing left-wingers.

BTW, I guess GOP did a really good job reforming the election system, since I heard no Democrat complain. Wouldnt you agree?

j_hallgren

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:08 pm

As I recall, on this election day, I was hearing news about compaints about voting issues and that the Dems had starting complaining and whining as usual, but as soon as they won, then all was just fine...so when they win, it's fine to have problems, but when the same issues occur and we win, then it's wrong and needs to be fixed immediately...seems that there are some differences between the two sides...
COBOL - Not a dead language yet!

N1120A

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:28 pm

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 15):
I don't know, I was thinking of this one and Florida in 2000.

Again, read my post.

RJdxer
Topic Author

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:37 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 20):
Again, read my post

You'll have to do a better job of spelling it out for me. Again, what difference does it make if it is 1, 800, or 157,000? Shouldn't all irregularities be investigated no matter who wins? J-Hallgren has it right....

Quoting J_Hallgren (Reply 19):
As I recall, on this election day, I was hearing news about compaints about voting issues and that the Dems had starting complaining and whining as usual, but as soon as they won, then all was just fine...so when they win, it's fine to have problems

I too heard those same complaints. There was even a thread on this forum about supposed calls made to democratic voters in Missouri saying if you showed up to vote you would be arrested. Soon as their candidate got the lead, no more complaints. In one heavily gop precinct where there are over 2000 registered gop voters, only 150 ballots were issued to the precinct captain, rather than complain they used a copy machine to make more. In Philadelphia, a gop poll watcher was denied entrance to a polling place because as the poll worker put it, "this is a 100 percent democratic district".
Yet you don't hear the wailing that you have heard from democrats in the past do you? I would think that they would want and welcome a recount to validate their narrow margin of victories. But alas, you only complain if you are the loser and we see now who is better at letting the people speak.

ltbewr

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:40 pm

If I am correct, there are about 5 Congressional seats that are still to be decided upon the filing of the certified count, which (depending on the state) will be filled in the next 2-3 weeks. Some of those may be subject to recounts, but it will not affect the Democrat's control of the House.
While there were numerous complaints about voting machine and related voting irregularites, they were quite scattered and with many resolved or alternatives used quickly. There there were plenty of lawyers out there from both parties to deal with them, if needed. Probably there was a more typical level of problems and perhaps less than expected. Also important, there was not the stakes involved unlike 2000 or to a lesser extent, 2004 as to the Presidental race.

texdravid

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:29 pm

Quoting Turbo7x7 (Reply 17):
Message to all right-wingers:

There were no recounts called for because the losers didn't want to be HUMILIATED YET AGAIN when the recount shows they lost by an EVEN BIGGER MARGIN than the first count!

Message to you:

There were no recounts because Repubs lose honorably, and because there are no sore losers like Dean, Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton playing some victim/race card.

Republicans messed up, are kicking themselves for it, and blaming no one but themselves for it.

TPAnx

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:31 pm

Interesting situation in Florida..ironically, to see who will succeed Katherine Harris (Secretary of State during the 2000 election mess). The Republican,
Vern Buchannan, won, according to the initial tallies, by less than 400 votes.
So there will be a recount. The thing that's raising eyebrows is that 18-thousand people who voted didn't vote in the Congressional race..which was one of the most expensive ..and nastiest, in the country. The local elections supervisor has asked the state for an audit, once the recount's completed.
The "undervote "gets several explanations..either people were disgusted with both candidates and all the negative ads..or where the race was placed on the ballot..which, IMHO, is probably the reason. Another bit of irony...the people in Sarasota county voted to have a "paper trail" in future elections..
TPAnx  Yeah sure
I read the news today..oh boy

jaysit

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:56 pm

There is a big reason why, and its got precious little to do with the so-called trumpeted character of Republicans. Ha.

The electoral districts where narrow margins of victory were to be expected were policed like hawks by independent election monitors as well as by both parties. No one wanted a repeat of Florida 2000 and Ohio 2004 where the future of our democracy lay in the capable and completely nonpartisan (NOT!) hands of those 2 slimeballs, Katherine Harris and Ken Blackwell (both now relegated to the dustbin of history, so I guess there really must be a God).

Not that the GOP didn't try voter intimidation in places like Virginia.

But if George Allen wanted a voter recount, he would have gotten it. And a full blown investigation into GOP paid robocalls and harassment.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

scbriml

Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:00 am

Who are the sore losers?

People who start threads like this one?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

Charger

Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:29 am

Quoting Texdravid (Reply 23):
There were no recounts because Repubs lose honorably

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

turbo7x7

Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:56 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 25):

Not that the GOP didn't try voter intimidation in places like Virginia.

But if George Allen wanted a voter recount, he would have gotten it. And a full blown investigation into GOP paid robocalls and harassment.

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

EXACTLY.

A recount and investigation would undoubtedly show FAR more, ahem, "irregularities" on the pro-GOP side.  Smile

andessmf

Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:08 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 25):
And a full blown investigation into GOP paid robocalls and harassment.

Source?

Quoting Turbo7x7 (Reply 28):
A recount and investigation would undoubtedly show FAR more, ahem, "irregularities" on the pro-GOP side.

And all the Democrats calls for recounts in the last few elections indicated what?

N1120A

Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:45 am

There were no recounts because Repubs lose honorably,

You pay any attention to Montana?

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 21):
You'll have to do a better job of spelling it out for me. Again, what difference does it make if it is 1, 800, or 157,000? Shouldn't all irregularities be investigated no matter who wins? J-Hallgren has it right....

Sure, if there are actual irregularities. As it is, the irregularities and voter intimidation was going on on the Republican side, so I really don't think Allen wants that coming out.

andessmf

Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:05 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 30):
As it is, the irregularities and voter intimidation was going on on the Republican side, so I really don't think Allen wants that coming out.

Again, this is based on pure hearsay, with the conviction being done w/o any form of real evidence. You, as an attorney, know that these 'irregularities' that you talk about are nothing more than that, and if you searched further, would find that they existed on both sides.

N1120A

Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:17 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 31):
Again, this is based on pure hearsay, with the conviction being done w/o any form of real evidence.

Where are the accusations coming from? Who are saying, en masse, that they were affected? Are you saying we shouldn't investigate anything where people say something bad is happening?

andessmf

Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:56 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 32):

Where are the accusations coming from?

Do you recall all the news stories about voting problems in Nov. 7? And this is not about GOPers asking for recounts or making accussations. This is a story relating to the differences in behavior that the current losers are showing as compared to the 2004 elections, where there were investigations that came to nothing. And even when the investigations came to nothing in 2004, there are plenty of people in this thread claiming that there was voting fraud.

gunsontheroof

Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:59 am

Now that the last Senate seat has gone, where are all the calls for recounts in the close call elections? When they lose close ones the democrats cry like babies about how not all the votes were counted, people were intimidated, they had to gasp wait in line to vote and such. Now you have at least 3 senate races that were extremely close calls and not one peep about a recount, just to make sure they won fairly and squarely.

Who are the sore losers?

None of these races are anywhere near as close as the one's Democrats have been "whining" about in recent years. You really expect George Allen to call a 7,000 vote spread into question?

GuitrThree

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:21 am

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 34):
None of these races are anywhere near as close as the one's Democrats have been "whining" about in recent years. You really expect George Allen to call a 7,000 vote spread into question?

Oh really? Up until this election, liberals were STILL crying over the Diebold machines stealing the OH 2004 election, and that was won by Bush by 150,000+ votes.... Randi Rhodes and ALL of Air America, ok, what's left of them, still were crying voter fraud... and some here were too...

Give me a break...

It's two short years until 2008. Curious to see what will happen then. How can the Dems play the voter fraud card after being so quiet this time???

George Allen didn't call a 7,000 vote spread into question because he has enough sense not to act like a child. Plain and Simple...
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

texdravid

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:54 am

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 35):
George Allen didn't call a 7,000 vote spread into question because he has enough sense not to act like a child. Plain and Simple

Exactly. George Allen ran an awful campaign, was a turd on the stump, and now has no political future.

However, to his credit, he took the high road and did not ask for a recount. Whether it was because other Repubs told him not to, because he didn't want to or other unproven reasons, the important thing is that he didn't waste time and conceded.

RJdxer
Topic Author

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:58 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 32):
Are you saying we shouldn't investigate anything where people say something bad is happening?

Evidently you are. As long as it's democrats winning everything is fair and square and on the up and up. Let a democrat lose and it's Katy bar the door, those evil gop people were some how intimidating our folks. What about Philadelphia where a republican poll watcher was denied access to the polling place because according to a poll worker there, "this is a 100% democratic precinct so we don't need you here"? If there was any intimidation it ran on both sides.

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 34):

Across a whole state? You bet. But as Sen Allen said, it serves no purpose to put the electorate, the ones that really own the seat, through all that. There has yet to be a democrat that gracious in the past 50 years.

turbo7x7

Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:25 pm

LMFAO! The right-wingers here are soooo blind.

There's only one logical reason why they didn't ask for a recount.

Republicans cheat more. And they fear that cheating will be exposed when the lawyers for the Dems sweep in. . .  Big grin

If you know your side is clean, you ask for a recount. If you know you're not. . . well, you keep your mouth shut, and hope that next time the "cheat margin" is enough to take you over 50%

And by the way, it's NOT the machines that's the problem. Cheating and dirty tactics can take place looong before (days or weeks sometimes) the polls even open. Do I have to spell the strategies out here? You know. . . voter intimidation, misinformation, etc. etc. . .

GuitrThree

Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:32 pm

Quoting Turbo7x7 (Reply 38):
Do I have to spell the strategies out here? You know. . . voter intimidation, misinformation, etc. etc. . .

Yea.. please DO inform us here. I'd love to hear PROVEN, SPECIFIC examples of voter intimidation, misinformation, etc, etc... Please.. INFORM US...

Quoting Turbo7x7 (Reply 38):
There's only one logical reason why they didn't ask for a recount.

Republicans cheat more. And they fear that cheating will be exposed when the lawyers for the Dems sweep in. . .

Again. Proof?? Please... "inform us."

scamp

Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:34 pm

There were no recounts because Repubs lose honorably

Which is about the ONLY thing the do honorably.

As long as the operative word is LOSE.
If it pisses off the right, I'm all for it.

turbo7x7

Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:04 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 39):
Again. Proof?? Please... "inform us."

Oh, come on now. Are you really that naive? Or maybe just blind?

Do you REALLY honestly think that someone as aggresive and devious as Karl Rove would just GIVE AWAY the Senate to the Dems without fighting tooth and nail over it? The GOP has the machinery and the money to do it! Remember, you guys are RICHER than us so you can outlawyer and outlast us in court.

And if the case had gotten to the Supreme Court, we KNOW how that's going to end. . .  Yeah sure

The ONLY reason Allen was not allowed to fight it (as if it was just his decision  Yeah sure) was because they knew they had played dirty, dirtier than usual. And they were afraid it would come out in the aftermath.

I mean, as if there weren't enough GOP scandals this year, LOL!!  Smile

But I for one, am glad the general public seems to be burning out on the partisan, divide-and-conquer, dirty style of politics the hard-right faction of the GOP has been playing for the past few years.

satx

Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:19 pm

I would like nothing more than for the GOP to investigate any close calls they aren't comfortable with and I wouldn't call it whining. Personally I think they gave up a bit too quickly, but apparently their advisers were convinced it wouldn't change anything. Personally, even though the Democrats won I'm still very suspicious of the electronic systems and I would like both sides to work to ensure they're safer than our bank accounts, even if that means recounts and investigations up the yin-yang. The most important issue is that the right number of votes were counted, not who won this round.
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...

NWA742

Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:35 pm

Quoting SATX (Reply 42):
The most important issue is that the right number of votes were counted, not who won this round.

I...........agree............with............SATX...

??

boggled 

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

andessmf

Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:56 pm

Quoting Turbo7x7 (Reply 41):

Why can't you simply say that you have no proof or evidence?

GuitrThree

Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:22 pm

I can't see something that's not there.....again, ONE, just ONE little piece of proof? How many millions voted in 2000, 2002, 2004, and you can't come here with ANY proof besides:

Do you REALLY honestly think that someone as aggresive and devious as Karl Rove would just GIVE AWAY the Senate to the Dems without fighting tooth and nail over it? The GOP has the machinery and the money to do it! Remember, you guys are RICHER than us so you can outlawyer and outlast us in court.

Richer than us? Really? George Soros? The Kennedy Family? The Kerry/Heinz family? "Richer than us?" Come on. Seriously.

I mean, as if there weren't enough GOP scandals this year, LOL!!

And this proves voter intimidation how? Really then? Good thing for those voters in Louisiana, where William Jefferson got caught with $90,000 cash in his freezer, and well, you know, also got caught taking $100,000 in bribes on camera. I'm guessing that freezer money was being kept for suppression tactics in 2006. I mean, a scandal=voter suppression, right? That's what you are saying...

Too bad for the Republicans that Evil Karl Rove couldn't use all those Mark Foley e-mails to intimidate 13 year olds to vote republican. That was the plan you know...
And Tom Delay, we all knew he stepped down just to be able to hang out at the voter booths and threaten the lives of voters who aren't voting republican. Yep.. that too...
Oh, and that Dick Cheney shooting, we really all know he did it to show what happens when you try to vote democratic...

The ONLY reason Allen was not allowed to fight it (as if it was just his decision ) was because they knew they had played dirty, dirtier than usual. And they were afraid it would come out in the aftermath.

Again.. proof..

You know, now that you're in power, how is this "blame everyone else" game you've been playing for the last 6 years actually going to work???

jamincan

Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:54 am

This is ridiculous. An election isn't some sort of game that you finish with a happy resolution - the loser being a good sport and buying the winner a round later on. An election is the most important part of the democratic process, and if the Republicans thought that that process was somehow interfered with, I hope to God that they would challenge the results to ensure that it did in fact proceed correctly. It's not a matter of being a good sport or a bad sport, it's a matter of a responsibility to their constituents to ensure that they are properly represented.

George Allen wasn't just being a good loser. He realized that the canvassing done after the polls were closed showed that, despite reported interference, there wasn't any voting irregularities. He said himself that he would demand a recount if there was any inconsistancy.

As far as Diebold is concerned. It doesn't matter what the actual results of the election are. It has been shown that those machines are pieces of crap and hardly suitable for the job they're been used for. It's not a partisan issue, republicans should be just as concerned about those machines as democrats are.

GuitrThree

Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:04 am

Quoting Jamincan (Reply 46):
This is ridiculous.

You're arguing with Democrats here...

What's new here? Wildly unproven, unsubstantiated theories being thrown around like they are fact...

This is going to be a fun next 2 years when things like gas prices go up and they can't blame Bush. What then??

Scorpio

Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:11 am

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 47):

I think you'll find that what he thought (rightly so, BTW) was ridiculous was the claim by some here that the reason there were no calls for recounts was that somehow the Republicans are 'better losers' than the Democrats. One would think that this part..

Quoting Jamincan (Reply 46):
An election isn't some sort of game that you finish with a happy resolution - the loser being a good sport and buying the winner a round later on.

..made that pretty clear.

BTW, Jamincan, excellent post. Best one on here yet.

jamincan

Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:12 am

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 47):

I'm not. I find it ridiculous that a bunch of people seem to be delusional enough to believe that the GOP conceding those elections is due to good sportsmanship. Sportsmanship doesn't gome into play when it comes to elections, nor should it.