thvgjp

US Marine Arrested In NYC For Wearing Uniform

Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:55 pm

A little late with this but oh well, I read in Mondays New York Post that last weekend a Us Marine was walking along in the Bronx in his BDU's. One of New Yorks Finast stops him and tells him lets see id. The soldier shows him his ID card and tells the cop he is home on furlow following basic training, and was just at his old high school doing recruiting. The cop says this is a illegal ID card and he is impersonating a soldier and its against the law. So the cop arrests the soldier and hauls him into the station, long and short of it is the soldiers recruiter vouched for him after a few hours of the cop being a asswipe. Turns out this cop was on the job for 6 years and has already had 3 sitdowns with IAD (Internal Affairs) before this instance. I cant believe crap like this happens, count your lucky stars this cop dont have a airport beat, bugging photographers and spotters. This pig should be pounding a beat in the most crummy place New York has to offer, he is a disgrace to the badge. Sick thing is when they let the soldier go the cop says to him" sorry no hard fellings huh??". What crap

AC773

RE: US Marine Arrested In NYC For Wearing Uniform

Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:03 pm

I agree with you if it's true...

I did some searching for an article and came up empty-handed (Even on the NY Post website). Would you happen to have a link?
Better to be nouveau than never to have been riche at all.

IAH777

Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:13 pm

Quoting THVGJP (Thread starter):
This pig

No one calls you a quack herder, so I'll thank you to refrain from cop bashing. Don't like the police? Fine. But try to be civil about it, please.

gocaps16

Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:30 pm

oh good, so if I wear my dress blues uniform in NYC, i'll be arrested for impersonating a uniformed member? What load of crap....damn copper.

Cadet57

Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:32 pm

Quoting IAH777 (Reply 3):
But try to be civil about it, please.

Fuzz then? Or how about Rozzer or Old Bill...  Wink
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

IAH777

Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:35 pm

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 5):
Fuzz then?

Sure. I use that all the time.

Or how about Rozzer or Old Bill...

Those sound like names for your Netherlands.

futurecaptain

Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:41 pm

count your lucky stars this cop dont have a airport beat,

After this show of incompetence he will probably be offered a job by the TSA and start work on Monday. In a management position no doubt.

Question: Under what circumstances did he ask for the soilder's ID? For just walking down the street? Seems kinda suspicious, you cant stop just any old joe shmo walking along and ask for ID as far as I know?
AirSO. ASpaceO. ASOnline. ASO.com ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO.

thvgjp

Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:58 pm

Quoting IAH777 (Reply 3):
No one calls you a quack herder, so I'll thank you to refrain from cop bashing. Don't like the police? Fine. But try to be civil about it, please.

Well as a retired narcotic diversion investigator I think I have a good idea what makes a good police officer worthy or the respect of his community and someone who isnt fit to guard a mens room. This guy obviously fits the second option. The abuse this soldier took is far worse than any of us have ever endured or hope to while out spotting. As for the link check out www.nypost.com/seven/11062006/news.
Sorry I cant type or set up a link for you guys, but look here it should be there I just looked at it

itsjustme

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:00 pm

Anyone find a verifiable source for this yet?

IAH777

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:03 pm

Quoting THVGJP (Reply 8):

Perhaps its all in the interpretation. It came off to me like the standard A.netter-just-got-a-ticket police-bashing. My apologies and yes, the above-mentioned doofus's next assignment should be with a shovel at Mounted Patrol.

thvgjp

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:08 pm

Try this, I hope my crummy dialup dont go dead before Im done typing this.
WWW.nypost.com/seven/11062006/news/r...al_regionalnews_philip_messing.htm

itsjustme

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:10 pm

As for the link check out www.nypost.com/seven/11062006/news.

By clicking on that link, I get this:

Page Not Found
The page you are looking for cannot be found or does not exist on NYPOST.COM.

If you are looking for an article that is more than 30 days old,
please search our archives.

Otherwise, please visit Last 30 Days
for free access to the past four weeks of NYPOST.COM stories.

itsjustme

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:12 pm

Quoting IAH777 (Reply 10):
My apologies and yes, the above-mentioned doofus's next assignment should be with a shovel at Mounted Patrol.

Were you able to access either of the links provided? I get "Page Not Found" for both.

thvgjp

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:14 pm

Yeah, I see that also. I went to the Post's webpage and typed in bronx Arrest in the search box under recent at the top. The story is like the 2nd or 3rd one down on the list titled Bx soldiers ordeal by Phil Messing. Sorry for the bad links.

ANCFlyer

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:13 pm

Fuzz then?

FIVE-0 . . . you know, like da boyz in da hood say . . .

Martin's father, Andrew Martin Sr., said, "He should be apologizing to my son."

Publically, thank you.

This cop gives the rest of us a bad rap . . .

Wonder what will happen?
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

ME AVN FAN

Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:40 am

set up a link

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11062006...al_regionalnews_philip_messing.htm
-

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 16):
This cop gives the rest of us a bad rap . . .

How many policemen does the NYPD have ? I mean, if you have a force with thousands of people, such people may be around anywhere, and pop up from time to time. Those in charge there will have to consider to sack him from the force, or hand him over to the psycho-doctor for a check-up. I hope, the cop is a black, because if he is a white the danger of a full controversy in the well known shape is large.
-

Go3Team

Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:05 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 17):
How many policemen does the NYPD have ?

To the best of my recollection, around 40,000+. I just got done watching Serpico, I sure hope things have changed since then.
Yay Pudding!

airtran737

Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:08 am

Pathetic. The officer should be taken off his beat and be forced to work in the jail or as a truancy officer for a few months. He definately does not reflect New York's finest, who I have the utmost respect for.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

jwenting

Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:47 am

Hardly surprising from the area where military hater Hillary Clinton is governor.
Harrassment of military staff is likely state policy by now, or if not it will certainly be a good way to get noticed favourably by the political leadership.
I wish I were flying

ME AVN FAN

Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:48 am

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 19):
Pathetic. The officer should be taken off his beat and be forced to work in the jail or as a truancy officer for a few months. He definately does not reflect New York's finest, who I have the utmost respect for.

That you have respect for the NYPD is alright. But let's nevertheless keep matters in scale. It is completely un-necessary to punish that cop as if he had beaten up the "victim" or something thelike. It is obvious that he is not suited for the job and most presumably needs to be sacked. Just dispatching him to an ugly charge will NOT make him any better. The problem of the man, apparently at least (all based on the article ! ), is that he if having authority over others is likely to abuse this authority. If he is to work as whatever in a private company, he may not be the easiest person around but at least not in a position of "official authority".
-
I met something similar some 2 or 3 years ago when a member of the Canton-of-Zurich-policeforce I know was fuming of rage about some 2 or 3 "members" of his force, and I asked him THIS same question "sorry, but how many persons are you in that force" and then told him that I as a member of the public would love to see the matter handled correctly and thoroughly and everything cleared up, but did NOT see any basis to unleash my anger about the latest parking-fees I got !
-

ME AVN FAN

Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:51 am

Quoting Jwenting (Reply 20):
Hardly surprising from the area where military hater Hillary Clinton is governor.

Hillary Clinton is NOT governor of New York, and does NOT govern either the City nor the State of New York, she happens to be one of the 2 senators NY state has in congress

prosa

Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:26 am

I didn't know there was even any restriction on wearing military uniforms in public places. What about the military-style camo clothing you can buy? Might some cops think those are real military uniforms and create trouble for people wearing them?
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

vikkyvik

Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:08 am

Hillary Clinton is governor.

Well, that nicely cancels out any shred of veracity for the rest of your post.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

itsjustme

Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:08 am

Before we call for the officer's head on a platter, does anyone else find it a bit odd that this story was only reported on by the NY Post? The incident occurred over a month ago yet, other than the story in the Post, a paper known for sensationalism and inaccuracies, I can't find any mention of it elsewhere. Remember, this is the same rag that ran an entire editorial congratulating the Boston Red Sox for defeating the Yankees to win the 2003 American League pennant. One little problem with that story - the Yankees actually won. I'd like to see at least one other report before coming to any conclusions.

How many policemen does the NYPD have ?

To date, 37,038.

Scorpio

Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:11 am

Harrassment of military staff is likely state policy by now, or if not it will certainly be a good way to get noticed favourably by the political leadership.

What an incredibly stinking pile of excrement that whole post is. Leave it to jwenting to blame the disgraceful behavior of a single cop on the democrats.

ME AVN FAN

Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:45 am

Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 25):
find it a bit odd that this story was only reported on by the NY Post?

NO. It often happens that a story of a more "local" nature only is picked up by a local "boulevard-paper".

thvgjp

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:01 am

Quoting PROSA (Reply 23):
I didn't know there was even any restriction on wearing military uniforms in public places

Can any of our active duty military or police officers verify this law. If its on the books must be Federal. I have heard it is "against the law" to wear full cammies but assumed it was only a urban myth

SlamClick

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:18 am

home on furlow following basic training

Anyone here think they could'nt spot a jarhead just out of boot? In or out of uniform? They do stand out, folks. I'll bet he even stood at approximate attention while talking to the cop.

I think the police officer ought to apologize to the Marine in front of a formation at Parris Island.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

N1120A

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:28 am

Quoting Futurecaptain (Reply 7):
Seems kinda suspicious, you cant stop just any old joe shmo walking along and ask for ID as far as I know?

No they can't.

First, Hillary Clinton is rather hawkish by Democrat standards. Second, George Pataki is the Governor of New York and Eliot Spitzer is the Governor-Elect.

Anyway, I am shocked no one has looked at the real reason this jerkoff likely stopped Pvt. Martin. Martin is black.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

ME AVN FAN

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:24 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 30):
no one has looked at the real reason this jerkoff likely stopped Pvt. Martin. Martin is black.

** Looks as if you do NOT read posts. The following was already in post 17 !

I hope, the cop is a black, because if he is a white the danger of a full controversy in the well known shape is large.

-
and to repeat it, I fear the cop is white, which WILL inevitably result in something ugly
-

fumanchewd

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:39 am

Anyway, I am shocked no one has looked at the real reason this jerkoff likely stopped Pvt. Martin. Martin is black.

Right. You are the only one smart enough. hint:there is an ongoing investigation.
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

aaflt1871

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:57 am

You have no clue do you?

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 29):
Anyone here think they could'nt spot a jarhead just out of boot?

Seeing he is not a Marine, but in fact an Army private, thats left up to debate
Where did everybody go?

MDorBust

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:31 am

Quoting AAFLT1871 (Reply 33):
Seeing he is not a Marine, but in fact an Army private, thats left up to debate

The opening post called him a Marine. Slam's only falling short in not reading every link in the thread. Given the amount of dead links appearing, that's not much of a failure.

Anywho, his point still applies. Fresh meat still smells like an equipment locker and are as stiff as freshly tanned leather. I'll bet his ACUs were pressed.

The army has always used fresh out of boot soldiers for Rah Rah style recruiting appearances. It's much better than using the salty sergeants  Wink Sergeants might actually say something the army doesn't want you to hear (before you sign up)

Quoting THVGJP (Reply 28):
Can any of our active duty military or police officers verify this law.

Unless it's in a very obscure corner of the Texas Penal Code, I don't know anything against the law about walking down the street in ACUs. Heck, I would have to arrest a whole heck of a lot of people seeing as how military style clothing and patterns appear to be in fashion at Wal-mart this year.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

N1120A

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:57 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 31):
** Looks as if you do NOT read posts. The following was already in post 17 !

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 32):
Right. You are the only one smart enough. hint:there is an ongoing investigation.

No, I didn't say that, I was just surprised, though it appears I missed something in ME AVN FAN's post.

Anyway, I am thinking that this moron officer stopped Pvt. Martin for "Walking While Black". I would venture further to guess that the reason they are investigating so heavily and have mentioned his IA record is that he has had a problem with this in the past.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

piercey

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:03 am

As pointed out, Clinton is a senator and has very little to do with state politics.

bs. This isn't Vietnam. Except for a few twisted psychos, the country, although it doesn't support the war, does support the troops and their families.

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 24):

Well, that nicely cancels out any shred of veracity for the rest of your post.

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 26):

What an incredibly stinking pile of excrement that whole post is. Leave it to jwenting to blame the disgraceful behavior of a single cop on the democrats.

Quoting AAFLT1871 (Reply 33):
You have no clue do you?

Alright everybody, time for a geography and a reading lesson. As pointed out by has flag and his profile:

Jwenting From Netherlands

Quoting Jwenting profile:
Almere, Netherlands

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almere

If you guys know anyone in the Netherlands government, other then the PM, and can tell their exact job and position, then you have the right to bash him.
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

bristolflyer

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:04 am

This *** should be pounding a beat in the most crummy place New York has to offer

Sounds like he was:

was walking along in the Bronx

If the soldier had wrong ID and impersonating a soldier is against the law, what is the policemam supposed to do?
Fortune favours the brave

fumanchewd

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:06 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 35):
Anyway, I am thinking that this moron officer stopped Pvt. Martin for "Walking While Black". I would venture further to guess that the reason they are investigating so heavily and have mentioned his IA record is that he has had a problem with this in the past.

You are jumping to concusions. We don't know what color the officer is. We don't know if he is racist or just a prick in general. We don't know why he was asked to show his ID. We don't have any information as to what the past problems on the officer's record are.

You are right, the chances are that he is a racist bastard, but the fact remains that we don't know that.

There is an investigation. Perhaps we'll hear more about this at the outcome of the investigation.

ME AVN FAN

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:25 am

Exactly THIS is my suspicion also. As I rightly or wrongly assume that the cop is a white.
-

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 38):
You are jumping to concusions. We don't know what color the officer is. We don't know if he is racist or just a prick in general. We don't know why he was asked to show his ID. We don't have any information as to what the past problems on the officer's record are. You are right, the chances are that he is a racist bastard, but the fact remains that we don't know that.

A) yes, upon the sight of the picture of the soldier I immediately jumped to a conclusion, which may be nonsense, in case the cop is black
B) we indeed lack detailed information about the cop and the circumstances
C) but back to square one, a bad feeling remains (hopefully wrong ! )
-

fumanchewd

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:35 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 39):
A) yes, upon the sight of the picture of the soldier I immediately jumped to a conclusion, which may be nonsense, in case the cop is black

If it is known that he is not black and the other incidents smack of racism, then yes, I am right there with you. For that matter, although highly unlikely, an Asian or a lighter skinned black could be racist.

itsjustme

Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:04 am

Well, this thread has gone right into the toilet thanks to the likes of N1120A. Based on one article in a local rag known for sensationalism and shoddy reporting, now the cop is a racist and a moron who should be fired immediately. Let's have a look at what has been assumed:

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 29):
I'll bet he even stood at approximate attention while talking to the cop.

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 21):
It is obvious that he is not suited for the job and most presumably needs to be sacked.

You are right, the chances are that he is a racist bastard, but the fact remains that we don't know that.

Armchair quarterbacking at its best. You people are pathetic.

fumanchewd

Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:10 am

Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 41):

How clever of you to come in with your nose pointed so far up. Read my post.

You are jumping to concusions. We don't know what color the officer is. We don't know if he is racist or just a prick in general. We don't know why he was asked to show his ID. We don't have any information as to what the past problems on the officer's record are.

So please contribute something to the conversation or stick your condescending attitude where the sun don't shine.

itsjustme

Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:20 am

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 42):
Read my post.

Now let's have a look at your entire post:

There is an investigation. Perhaps we'll hear more about this at the outcome of the investigation.

Why is it when you quoted yourself, you conveniently neglected to quote your entire post? Specifically, the part where you refer to the officer as a "racist bastard"?

ME AVN FAN

Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:47 am

Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 41):

We all, as I mentioned in one of my posts, in all this base our thoughts and assumptions on the article at hand. If you have proof that things were different in reality, you might come forward. On the basis of the article, I strongly assume that this cop is not suited for a job with "public authority" in public service. So that your A) "defence" of that cop and B) opposing of that paper is completely baseless and ridiculous in a way.
-

Scorpio

Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:53 am

Quoting Piercey (Reply 36):
If you guys know anyone in the Netherlands government, other then the PM, and can tell their exact job and position, then you have the right to bash him.

Even if we don't we still have that right. He should know better than to make such ridiculous sweeping assumptions, ESPECIALLY when he doesn't even know what Clinton's job is.

itsjustme

Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:22 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 45):
So that your A) "defence" of that cop and B) opposing of that paper is completely baseless and ridiculous in a way.
-

I am not defending the cop. I'm also not making any assumptions about him or what occurred based on one article in one paper which, whether you want to admit it or not, does have a history of being less than credible and accurate in their reporting.

It's you and others who have made baseless statements by referring to the cop as a "moron", a "racist bastard", and deeming him "not suited for the job". And you've come to these conclusions simply because you read an article in the same publication that has displayed some extremely shoddy reporting in the past.

It sounds like the incident is being investigated by the Civilian Complaint Review Board. I prefer to wait and see what their findings are rather than come to any conclusions - especially any as extreme as to deem the cop a racist and a moron, based on an article written by a New York Post reporter who, by his own subtitle ("COPS BIG BLUNDER") has already displayed a tone of bias.

vikkyvik

Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:39 am

Quoting Piercey (Reply 36):

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know a single official in the Netherlands' government. That's why I don't go making erroneous assertions about them.

If you're gonna make a pretty controversial and, well, generally untrue statement, then you'd probably better at least have your facts correct.

~Vik
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

ME AVN FAN

Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:15 am

Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 47):
whether you want to admit it or not, does have a history of being less than credible and accurate in their reporting.

I do neither admit nor deny anything about the New York Post. What I know is that it is a "Boulevard Journal" of limited "documentary value". But I would hesitate to accuse the journalist who wrote the article of lying. Boulevard-newspapers usually blow things up and out of proportions but seldom really LIE.
-

It's you and others who have made baseless statements by referring to the cop as a "moron", a "racist bastard", and deeming him "not suited for the job".

I at no time described him as a moron or a racist, I however maintain that, on the basis of that article (I said that above as well) the man is NOT suited for that job. While your whole argument is based on the limited reputation of that paper, but again, your accusing that journalist of lying is a baseless assumption.
-

written by a New York Post reporter who, by his own subtitle ("COPS BIG BLUNDER") has already displayed a tone of bias.

subtitles and titles in newspapers are NOT written by the writing reporters but by "title-editors" in the office. So that this sub-title is NOT "his" subtitle !
-

dw9115

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:40 am

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 34):
Unless it's in a very obscure corner of the Texas Penal Code, I don't know anything against the law about walking down the street in ACUs. Heck, I would have to arrest a whole heck of a lot of people seeing as how military style clothing and patterns appear to be in fashion at Wal-mart this year.

It is a federal law and a law in all 50 states believe it or not. If you impersonate a member of the armed forces, movies get around it by placing one piece of the uniform out place i.e. medals in the wrong order or something like placing a CIB on the left breast instead on the correct right side. Impersonating a person of certain ranks also bring stiffer punishment.

scamp

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:44 am

I read in Mondays New York Post

Well, that should have been your first clue, right wing fascist crap The Post.
If it pisses off the right, I'm all for it.