IAH777
Topic Author

Soldier Coerced Into Photo-Op With Hillary Clinton

Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:27 pm

Found this on a cop forum and found it amusing. Perhaps someone who knows more about the photo or the hand signal can elaborate.

Caption: “He’s giving the sign of 'coercion' with his left hand. These hand signs are taught in survival school to be used by POWs as a method of posing messages back to our intelligence services who may view the photo or video. This guy was obviously coerced into shaking hands with Hillary Clinton.”

Notes:
- I don't know the source before I pulled it from the forum.
- I didn't post this to get into a political debate or to make a statement.
- I didn't write the caption and don't know who did.
- Sorry if this is old news. I performed a fruitless search before posting.

FlyingTexan

RE: Soldier Coerced Into Photo-Op With Hillary Clinton

Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:48 pm

Quoting IAH777 (Thread starter):
Soldier Coerced Into Photo-Op With Hillary Clinton

But he still has health insurance.
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

itsjustme

RE: Soldier Coerced Into Photo-Op With Hillary Cli

Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:40 pm

The coercion theory appears to be correct. From www.snopes.com:

"The gesture of crossing one's fingers is not unique to the military, of course; it is an ages-old symbol used to indicate that the finger-crosser does not mean what he is saying or is being compelled to act through coercion. (A typical kiddie trick is to surreptitiously cross one's fingers behind one's back while making a promise, a token that supposedly shields the finger-crosser from the obligation of upholding the terms of his oath.) The implication of the photograph shown above (which began circulating on the Internet in early 2004 and was taken at one of the military facilities New York senator Hillary Clinton visited in Iraq during the Thanksgiving 2003 holidays), then, is that despite the smiling faces and friendly hand-shaking captured in the picture, the soldier is communicating that he is not really all that pleased to be meeting Senator Clinton.

The "not really all that pleased" assessment is evidently accurate — although the picture originally appeared without any accompanying text, and the "coercion" caption was only added later to make the humor of the photograph more explicit — as the soldier pictured with Senator Clinton (who asked that we not identify him by name) told us that he employed the gesture to indicate that he was not a fan of the senator's and was not as appreciative of having the opportunity to meet (and pose with) her as it might otherwise appear".

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/crossed.asp

and also:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/hillary-soldier.htm

[Edited 2006-11-13 11:42:54]

IAH777
Topic Author

Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:01 pm

Damn. I looked on Snopes, but didn't find it. Oh well...

EMBQA

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:58 pm

Quoting IAH777 (Reply 3):
Damn. I looked on Snopes, but didn't find it. Oh well...

Should have looked here on A.net. We've had that photo posted before. I think its a few years old.....
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

dtwclipper

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:07 am

Caption: "He's giving the sign of 'coercion' with his left hand. These hand signs are taught in survival school to be used by POWs as a method of posing messages back to our intelligence services who may view the photo or video. This guy was obviously coerced into shaking hands with Hillary Clinton."

If it is indeed true, I find it extremely rude and disrespectful.

I would say the same if the photo op was with "W".

I am no fan of Sen. Clinton either, but there is a time and place for such things, and this was, IMHO, a poor choice of actions on the soldiers part.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

MDorBust

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:20 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 5):
I am no fan of Sen. Clinton either, but there is a time and place for such things, and this was, IMHO, a poor choice of actions on the soldiers part.

Ah, but nothing of apparently making a soldier take a poll booster?

I must have missed the part of my oath that mandated I take pub shots with the civie overlords.

Want a good photo-op? Find a soldier that likes you. Order a soldier to give you a poll booster... don't be surprised when one of the millions of ways soldiers have of fighting the suck sneaks in.

President Clinton was the CINC, so he gets some respect. His wife was not. If she wants to play politics with the troops it's open season.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

dtwclipper

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:26 am

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 6):
Ah, but nothing of apparently making a soldier take a poll booster?

I must have missed the part of my oath that mandated I take pub shots with the civie overlords.

Want a good photo-op? Find a soldier that likes you. Order a soldier to give you a poll booster... don't be surprised when one of the millions of ways soldiers have of fighting the suck sneaks in.

President Clinton was the CINC, so he gets some respect. His wife was not. If she wants to play politics with the troops it's open season.

But honestly MD, would you defend the soldier if the subject was Bush? I hardly think so.

MDorBust

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:28 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 7):
But honestly MD, would you defend the soldier if the subject was Bush? I hardly think so.

I believe I already covered that.

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 6):
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

dtwclipper

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:33 am

MD,

No matter what, Sen Clinton is still an elected official and is due all of the respect that the office holds.

Again, IMHO, I think it was a rude thing for the soldier to do.

I think we can go to and fro on the topic, I'm just stateing my opinion.

SlamClick

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:44 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 5):
I find it extremely rude and disrespectful.

I do too! I am appalled that a United States Senator would USE a soldier, serving honorably, as a prop in a photo op. It is disrepectful toward all troops.

Any politician, red or blue should ask for volunteers from the entire unit when they want to find a real American to drape themselves with in this manner.

It is a politician saying: "See, they do like me after all, so you can vote for me and still be a patriot." Disrespectful and rude.

I agree that we should show respect toward our elected officials - so long as they are doing what is in their charter. When they start using my mug to sell their snake oil, it is open season.

BTW, there must have been a thousand swabbos on the flight deck when the Dubster did his "mission accomplished" show. Any one of them had the opportunity to make the international jerking sign. Check the footage if you believe in bipartisanship. Perhaps some did.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

MDorBust

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:47 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 9):
MD,

No matter what, Sen Clinton is still an elected official and is due all of the respect that the office holds.

She can be elected to what ever office she wants. If she isn't CINC she shouldn't mess with the troops.

Let's play your politician swap to the appropriate comparison. If the soldier had done that to President Clinton, no, I would not be defending him. The Jr. Senator from NY will get the respect due to her in the chambers of the Senate. When she goes and plays politics in the field, she's fair game. She's doing nothing but attempting to boost her numbers, apparently with unwilling soldiers.

And I think it was rude, and stupid to force a soldier to do that. She got what she deserved.

dtwclipper

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:54 am

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 10):
Any politician, red or blue should ask for volunteers from the entire unit when they want to find a real American to drape themselves with in this manner.

It is a politician saying: "See, they do like me after all, so you can vote for me and still be a patriot." Disrespectful and rude.

I agree that we should show respect toward our elected officials - so long as they are doing what is in their charter. When they start using my mug to sell their snake oil, it is open season.

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 11):
And I think it was rude, and stupid to force a soldier to do that

You really think the soldier was "forced" into a photo op? I doubt it. Most of the time, folks line up to have their pics taken with politicos.

I really doubt he was ordered to do it?

MDorBust

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:57 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 12):

According to the soldiers statement, that is exactly what happened.

dtwclipper

Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:02 am

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 13):

Where's the statement?

snopes said: told us that he employed the gesture to indicate that he was not a fan of the senator's and was not as appreciative of having the opportunity to meet.....

UH60FtRucker

Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:57 am

Well it typically doesn't go:

XO: "Private Snuffy, you WILL shake person X's hand, and take a photo with them. Understood dirt bag?"
Private Joe Snuffy: "Yes, sir."

Nah it typically goes like this:

XO: "Alright ladies, we've gotta stop fighting the war - you know the whole reason we're here - for a few hours and play the "game." Person X is visiting, and all of you WILL be there to greet them. I want you to shake Person X's hand, take the photos, play nice, don't say anything stupid and pretend like you want to be there. Don't fuck this up."
Platoon: "Sir, yes sir!"

So if that soldier was guilty of anything, it was probably disobeying his XO when he was told not to "fuck this up."

So yes Dtw, we are typically made to act like we give a shit. All of you will be standing around in the common room or outside standing in formation... person X will walk in, give a little speech about how they're "fighting for you back in Washington," walk up to you, ask you your name... and then BAM! Person X's PR photo-guy is right there in your face saying, "HEY SOLDIER! Why don't you give us a smile!" **SNAP!** And then Person X takes off. No doubt to rush back to DC to continue "fighting for us."

I grew up in New Hampshire... and I've met more politicians in Iraq, than I did my entire life growing up in the First Primary State.

-UH60

[Edited 2006-11-13 18:01:55]
Your men have to follow your orders. They don't have to go to your funeral.

dtwclipper

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:07 am

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 15):
So yes Dtw, we are typically made to act like we give a shit. All of you will be standing around in the common room or outside standing in formation... person X will walk in, give a little speech about how they're "fighting for you back in Washington," walk up to you, ask you your name... and then BAM! Person X's PR photo-guy is right there in your face saying, "HEY SOLDIER! Why don't you give us a smile!" **SNAP!** And then Person X takes off. No doubt to rush back to DC to continue "fighting for us."

Well, I stand corrected then.

But, what's your take UH60 on his actions?

UH60FtRucker

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:20 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 16):

But, what's your take UH60 on his actions?

I avoid these situations like the plague. A lot of times these people don't care about you - they take the picture so they can go back home and use it in a fancy political ad or re-election bid.

I had the "privilege" of flying a well known "Pro-military" Senator around, and his exact quote was, "God Sergeant, this place blows."

First, I'm not a fucking sgt... I just introduced myself to you as CW2 UH60FtRucker, not 5 minutes ago! Second, yeah I know it blows. Thanks for reminding me. Have any other gems of morale boosting quotes??  Yeah sure

So I know what that soldier was going through... "Oh here we go again." But at the same time, all of us soldiers know we need to be doing this better, smarter, more polite and more gracious than everyone else. Because there are A LOT of people just waiting for us to trip up, so they can use it to criticize us.

So this particular soldier should not have made the gesture, because all it does is take the focus off the war, and on to him. It was just dumb. But also, compare THIS disrespect, to the disrespect many of his CIVILIAN teeange counterparts show in today's world. Puts it a little bit of perspective on it, doesn't it?

-UH60

SlamClick

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:29 am

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 17):
a well known "Pro-military" Senator around, and his exact quote was, "God Sergeant...

A Senator can be regarded as "pro-military" and still believe that sergeants fly aircraft? I guess nothing has changed. Not necessary that you actually know anything about an armed force to be qualified to dictate its budget and workrules.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

dtwclipper

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:39 am

So this particular soldier should not have made the gesture, because all it does is take the focus off the war, and on to him. It was just dumb. But also, compare THIS disrespect, to the disrespect many of his CIVILIAN teeange counterparts show in today's world. Puts it a little bit of perspective on it, doesn't it?

Very well said....I couldn't agree with you more on all points!

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

MDorBust

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:50 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 14):
Where's the statement?

Quote:
After his discharge from the Army, the soldier posted a personal profile on Yahoo Personals as part of looking for introductions to single females.
In his profile, he includes the picture with Hillary and explains "The picture of me and Hillary Clinton was taken when she came to visit Iraq. I was actually ordered to shake her hand, and I never figured that my friends would circulate it all over the net. I AM NOT a Hillary fan by any stretch."

dtwclipper

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:52 am

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 20):
Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 14):
Where's the statement?

Quote:
After his discharge from the Army, the soldier posted a personal profile on Yahoo Personals as part of looking for introductions to single females.
In his profile, he includes the picture with Hillary and explains "The picture of me and Hillary Clinton was taken when she came to visit Iraq. I was actually ordered to shake her hand, and I never figured that my friends would circulate it all over the net. I AM NOT a Hillary fan by any stretch."

Thanks.

S12PPL

Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:09 am

nice conspiracy theory.

Typical someone would say this. If it was a photo with Clinton, we'd have the same crap. If it was a photo with Bush, same thing. It's all just a bunch of conspiracy theory crap.
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

MD-90

Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:15 am

That's not much. I respect my dog more than most of the crooks in Congress.

dtwclipper

Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:47 am

Quoting MD-90 (Reply 23):
I respect my dog more than most of the crooks in Congress.

Perhaps, but in this instance, it is a question of maturity and civility.

OU812

Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:16 am

Caption: “He’s giving the sign of 'coercion' with his left hand.

Can you blame him or anyone else . She's doing the same to him & the rest of the US public !  biggrin 

UH60FtRucker

Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:21 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 25):
Can you blame him or anyone else .

Well yes... yes you can blame him.

Read:

all of us soldiers know we need to be doing this better, smarter, more polite and more gracious than everyone else. Because there are A LOT of people just waiting for us to trip up, so they can use it to criticize us.

and:

So this particular soldier should not have made the gesture, because all it does is take the focus off the war, and on to him. It was just dumb.

-UH60

OU812

Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:58 am

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 26):
all of us soldiers know we need to be doing this better, smarter, more polite and more gracious than everyone else. Because there are A LOT of people just waiting for us to trip up, so they can use it to criticize us.

Well , what can I say . You guys are far better than most , without a doubt .
However, who are the ones doing the criticizing ? Douchbag politicians talking out of their asses strictly for political partisan reasons . Along with a great deal of help from the biased media ,

John Murtha- who prematurely stated marines killed innocent civilians in cold blood !

Ted Keddedy - who compared the US military to that of Nazi prison camps .

etc etc

John Kerry - and John Kerry well need I say more ?

I feel for yah UH60FtRucker.

http://military.families.com/blog/john-kerrys-joke-no-laughing-matter

John Kerry's "Joke" No Laughing Matter?

Whatever, Mr. Kerry. Most people aren't buying it. A pattern is noted, from "testimony" about Vietnam as well as accusations of our troops "terrorizing" women and children in Iraq, to these latest words.

[Edited 2006-11-13 23:00:50]

IAH777
Topic Author

Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:08 am

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 4):
Should have looked here on A.net. We've had that photo posted before. I think its a few years old.....

Please take the time to read the entire post. Remember: Redundancy is just needless, repetetive repetition.

Notes:
- I don't know the source before I pulled it from the forum.
- I didn't post this to get into a political debate or to make a statement.
- I didn't write the caption and don't know who did.
- Sorry if this is old news. I performed a fruitless search before posting.

halls120

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:48 am

MD,

If the soldier in question wasn't forced or coerced into the photo op, I would agree with you. But after a 21+ year military career in which we were "encouraged" to attend such staged events, I can easily believed the soldier in question wasn't appearing in the photo of his own free will.

You really think the soldier was "forced" into a photo op? I doubt it. Most of the time, folks line up to have their pics taken with politicos.

Not in the military, they don't.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

dtwclipper

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:58 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 29):
MD,

If the soldier in question wasn't forced or coerced into the photo op, I would agree with you. But after a 21+ year military career in which we were "encouraged" to attend such staged events, I can easily believed the soldier in question wasn't appearing in the photo of his own free will.

Not in the military, they don't.

Thanks Halls, UH already corrected me on this....

halls120

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:02 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 30):

yeah, those damn active duty youngsters, always trying to be first...  Wink
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

UH60FtRucker

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:27 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 30):

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 31):

yeah, those damn active duty youngsters, always trying to be first...

Yeah, those damn old crusty vets, never reading the entire thread prior to sounding off.

-UH60

[Edited 2006-11-14 02:28:07]

glydrflyr

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:31 am

Back when Clinton was President, I was watching a news program with a friend of mine, a former Marine Captain, of Clinton walking up to Marine 1 and boarding the copter. There were Marines on either side of the boarding stairs, and as he passed them, they both saluted, but neither one then turned around and faced the copter. My friend, no fan of Clintons, began laughing, and pointed out their actions to me, noting that they were supposed to turn and face him or the copter, and not doing so was a sign of disrespect. After that, I watched for other video clips of Clinton entering or exiting the copter, and noted that the Marines did not always turn their faces to him after he passed. I don't think he ever knew he was being dissed.
if ya gotta crash, hit something soft and cheap!

halls120

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:39 am

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 32):
Quoting Halls120 (Reply 31):

yeah, those damn active duty youngsters, always trying to be first...
Yeah, those damn old crusty vets, never reading the entire thread prior to sounding off.

rotfl 

scamp

Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:00 am

I think we can go to and fro on the topic, I'm just stateing my opinion.

I agree! It was an EXTREMELY rude thing to do. I'm quite sure there are plenty of soldiers, sailors, or airmen out there who would be more than happy to have had their picture taken with the senator. It's a shame no one looked into it. He should be ashamed of himself. As much as I loathe and despise Bush...hell, most Republicans...even I wouldn't do something like that in a photo op with them. Of course, I'd rather die than have my picture taken with Bush, but that's a whole 'nuther subject.
If it pisses off the right, I'm all for it.

mdsh00

Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:15 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 27):
John Murtha- who prematurely stated marines killed innocent civilians in cold blood !

Ted Keddedy - who compared the US military to that of Nazi prison camps .

etc etc

John Kerry - and John Kerry well need I say more ?

I feel for yah UH60FtRucker.

I like how you picked only Democrat politicians.  Wink
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

itsjustme

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:29 pm

Quoting Glydrflyr (Reply 33):
There were Marines on either side of the boarding stairs, and as he passed them, they both saluted, but neither one then turned around and faced the copter. My friend, no fan of Clintons, began laughing, and pointed out their actions to me, noting that they were supposed to turn and face him or the copter, and not doing so was a sign of disrespect.

I seem to remember this story going around and it was proven as unsubstantiated. Maybe you can dig around for some type of source (rather than hearsay) that supports your post?

That being said - if they truly were disrespecting their CiC...yeah, that's something to be proud of.

ANCFlyer

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:46 pm

The photo is years old, it's been posted here before.

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 13):

And such an order can be legally refused as it has no bearing on the mission and is - essentially - an illegal order in the first place.

I'm not a fucking sgt

Hey - easy there Killer . . . . nothing wrong with Sergeants . . . remember what they taught you (or should have taught you) early on . . . you're platoon sergeant is your best friend - your Sergeant Major is your GOD  wink 

laughing 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

MUWarriors

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:59 pm

Quoting Glydrflyr (Reply 33):
Back when Clinton was President, I was watching a news program with a friend of mine, a former Marine Captain, of Clinton walking up to Marine 1 and boarding the copter. There were Marines on either side of the boarding stairs, and as he passed them, they both saluted, but neither one then turned around and faced the copter. My friend, no fan of Clintons, began laughing, and pointed out their actions to me, noting that they were supposed to turn and face him or the copter, and not doing so was a sign of disrespect. After that, I watched for other video clips of Clinton entering or exiting the copter, and noted that the Marines did not always turn their faces to him after he passed. I don't think he ever knew he was being dissed.

Gotta love Snopes

miamix707

Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:54 pm

Nothing says I support the troops like Hillary's fake grin and robotic gesture: "look at me I love the troops!"  sarcastic   Smile

Just like a few years ago I was at a street parade and took a picture posing with someone dressed as a mayonnaise pot. I was slapping it in his "buttom/rear end" while I pretended to just be hugging him, while he's putting a hand around my neck patting my back and my friends are cracking up.

Only sometime later when I blew up the picture in photoshop to send it to some girl did I notice friendly "Mayo Man" was secretly giving me the finger with the other hand.

OU812

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:12 pm

Quoting Mdsh00 (Reply 36):
I like how you picked only Democrat politicians.

Unfortunately ,
It appears only dems make such comments . If you have any evidence of Conservative/republicans making such anti-military comments , please advise !

I find it upsetting that so many are so tough on this soldier's actions . However , so little is mentioned when members of congress say the most hideous , inaccurate statements about the troops which en-able them/us to which football on Sunday in safety .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...le/2005/06/21/AR2005062101654.html

Durbin Apologizes for Remarks on Abuse
Senator's Comparison to Actions of Nazis and Soviets Had Drawn Wide Condemnation

By Shailagh Murray
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, June 22, 2005; Page A06

Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) yesterday offered a tearful apology on the Senate floor for comparing the alleged abuse of prisoners by American troops to techniques used by the Nazis, the Soviets and the Khmer Rouge, as he sought to quell a frenzy of Republican-led criticism.

OU812

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:57 pm

Dtwclipper,
What are your feelings toward these members of congress [which I have provided above] who have made the most horrendous & false statements about our warriors fighting the war on terror?

Pretty bad , don't you agree ?

itsjustme

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:38 pm

Quoting OU812 (Reply 42):
What are your feelings toward these members of congress [which I have provided above] who have made the most horrendous & false statements about our warriors fighting the war on terror?

I find it equally despicable as the gesture the soldier is making in the picture with Sen. Clinton.
Now, a question for you: What do you think of a Commander in Chief who has 'his people' gather a group of soldiers who must only ask scripted questions and who are told ahead of time what the CiC's responses and subsequent jokes will be? Oh, and just to be sure the soldiers get it right, they go through a dry run without the CiC being present. Shameful, don't you think?

MDorBust

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:42 pm

Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 43):
Shameful, don't you think?

checkmark 

But he's the POTUS, so you smile and nod. Then once you're out of the service you do a tell all expose about it.

dtwclipper

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:50 pm

Quoting OU812 (Reply 42):
Dtwclipper,

None what so ever.

This is not a thread about what you want to interject, ie: your views on members of congress, but rather on the actions of a single soldier in a photograph.

I have already given my opinion on that.

If you feel the need to talk about my feelings about members of congress, start another thread titled "Why DTWClipper is a Liberal and Always Votes Democratic".

OU812

Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:25 pm

I find it equally despicable as the gesture the soldier is making in the picture with Sen.

Equally ?
How in the world can you find the moral equivalency in what this soldier did to cancel out the photo with Hilary to what these a-hole congressman said loudly & publicly about our troops . You are comparing 1 soldier's photo to the efforts [by multiple members of congress ] to falsely disgrace our military & to thwart ours & their efforts .

I understand we all have our biases . However , your thesis above is off the charts ridiculous !

Sad !

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 45):
None what so ever.

This is not a thread about what you want to interject, ie: your views on members of congress, but rather on the actions of a single soldier in a photograph.

I have already given my opinion on that.

This is simply your way of not answering the question!
The Elite Liberal still unable or unwilling to say anything positive about our Troops & country !

Sad

Off to work !

dtwclipper

Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:31 pm

Quoting OU812 (Reply 46):
This is simply your way of not answering the question!

No, it is not. It is my way of not letting you hijack this thread.

Again: If you feel the need to talk about my feelings about members of congress, start another thread titled "Why DTWClipper is a Liberal and Always Votes Democratic".

The Elite Liberal still unable or unwilling to say anything positive about our Troops & country !

Again, that is something you should start another thread about.

Sad

Yes, your attempts to bait people is pretty sad.

BigOrange

Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:32 am

What do you think of a Commander in Chief who has 'his people' gather a group of soldiers who must only ask scripted questions and who are told ahead of time what the CiC's responses and subsequent jokes will be?

I think it's despicable that anyone in a high position, whether civil or military should insist on scripted questions, or for that matter insist on approving the questions that can be asked beforehand.

When I worked for a large global financial services/travel company our regional manager insisted on seeing what questions would be asked whenever he came to visit. I refused to take part in the question/answer session unless I could ask my own questions in response to his "speech"

jaysit

Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:10 am

Oh well, she got what she deserved.

When politicians make dumb judgment calls or have the tables turned on them, no point in crying over their foibles. I think it's kind of funny, frankly.

Next time her PR folks can find some guy who actually wants to shake hands with her.

Besides, she's a big girl. I'm sure she'll survive being snubbed. And if he's lucky to stave off an insurgent for another day, so will he.
Atheism is Myth Understood.