nkops

Going To Savannah GA

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:38 am

Me and the wife going to Savannah Georgia for a long weekend to just get away.... anyway, besides the ghost tour and Old Market, anyone give us any other suggestions?

We are going to head up to Hilton Head for one day, so anything special there would also help.
:evil:

Vulindlela

RE: Going To Savannah GA

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:47 am

I used to live a couple hours from Savannah, and have been just a few times. It has a nice river walk, and I always liked to watch the tankers coming in on the way to the port. Savannah is about 15 miles from the coast if I remember right, and I hear there are some nice islands around the coast at the mouth of the river. I think the biggest island is Tybee (sp?). Friends told me that is a great place to go swimmng, with lots of dolphins around, though it may not be so nice in the winter.
I know the city also has the biggest St. Patricks day celebration around, but I never went then.
-Kevin
"If you take everything I've accomplished in my entire life and condense it down into 1 day, it looks decent!"

DLPMMM

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:20 am

River Street for a few drinks and some tourist junk shopping (Stop at Wet Willie's for a frozen and highlt alcoholic slushie).

On Hilton Head, walk on the beach by Coligney Circle, shop, eat and drink at Coligney Plaza, Go to South Beach or Harbour Town in Sea Pines for more food, drink and shopping.

Golf and Tennis everywhere.

Lotsa Bars and restaurants.

I think there is a production of "Paint Your Wagon" at the playhouse in Bluffton.

What are your particular interests? There's a bunch of stuff always going on.

nkops

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:28 am

I do like history, especially Civil War, so I know about Fort Pulaski, etc. but the wife likes to shop, so we all know where I will end up!!!

I do like to tour plantations.

Thanx for the responses so far!!
:evil:

liedetectors

Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:14 pm

Quoting Vulindlela (Reply 1):
I know the city also has the biggest St. Patricks day celebration around, but I never went then.

Yes! i live in SAV and went to it last year it was CRAZY.

I did a segway tour over the summer it was neat in that ive never been on a segway before. the tour guide was very knowledgable of the history. she also took us by the forest gump bench spot and the house from "midnight garden good and evil"

and of course Gulfstream is here, but dont plan on trying to get inside, we dont do public tours. If you hang out near the runway your bound to see them.
If it was said by us, then it must be true.