I have been reading reviews all morning and so far....
CNN...ripped it apart and Miles O'Brien actually said "Why don't they get som good designers who can make a stylish product". The Co-anchor pulled out a new iPod Shuffle and they just praised it.
CNN Money actually said that the WiFi option is useless at this point and you still have to know the person you are going to share with. (you have to ask them first to share songs.)
Reuters...reported that first sales are slow. Virgin Megastore in NYC sold virtually none. Bestbuy sold a few.
USA Today..."Its no iPod".
Engadget..."Microsoft launches the Zune, world keeps on turnin"...ouch.
Microsoft says this is just the beginning and that they will release a whole family of products.
Just a little compare.
- Works with iTunes (Mac and PC)
device works with Mac and PC
- iTunes provides music, audiobooks, TV shows, Movies, Music videos, podcasts, games
- Support photos, calanders, addressbook, clock, stopwatch
- Supports MP3 and m4a formats
only iPods can work directly with iTunes.
- Comes in multiple sizes and styles (Shuffle, Nano, iPod)
- Works with Zune Marketplace (PC only)
- Device works only with PCs
- Has built in radio (if you still listen to one anymore)
- Has built in WiFi for sharing music with other Zune users.
- Only songs downloaded from Zune Marketplace can be shared.
- Shared songs can be listened to 3 times.
- One must read the file details before it can be shared. Some groups and companies did not want the music shared and will not allow it.
- Zune Marketplace has limited music, no video, no podcasts...zunecasts?, no audiobooks, no album art
- Supports wma files and MP3s
- Does not support any files downloaded through previous MS agreements with Napster and played in Media Player. That is, any song purchased through other services cannot be played on a Zune or in Zune Marketplace.
- Battery length same as iPod
- Size similar to iPod but weighs more
- Pictures shown in horizontal mode. When in Horizontal mode the commands for the controlers also change (right becomes up etc).
- Menus system allows a person to scroll through songs lists quickly with a large letter popping up to let you know where you are.
- can set a desktop picture. (menu works above desktop picture)
- larger screen than iPod
- First of what Microsoft says will be a family of new products.
These are all things noted from sites
So...what are your opinions, will you buy a Zune? Is Zune an iPod Killer?