cumulus

Need A Laugh...? This Is The Best!

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:33 pm

This has to be one of the funniest "wind ups" I've heard in a long time!!

Ever get a telemarketing phone call? This is how to deal with it!!

http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/
What Goes Up Must Come Down, Hopefully In One Piece!

bagpiper

RE: Need A Laugh...? This Is The Best!

Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:12 am

lmao.

Just dont get in trouble  Smile

When they call me, they always ask for my dad, so I say "hold on on second". Then, I grab my bagpipes, and play them the loudest, most awful, ear-peircing, finger-nails-on-scratch-board noise (note: I'm not describing how the bagpipes sound in the first place :-P), then hang up on them. seems to work like a charm so far!

CF188A

Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:48 am

the best thing .... is "yup yup just hold on " put them on hold , then leave them there
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow~ RIP ... LJFM

Bobster2

Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:53 am

Quoting Cumulus (Thread starter):
Ever get a telemarketing phone call?

Not anymore in the USA. We have a "Do Not Call List". It really works. Nobody calls.
"I tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn." Jim Morrison

PlymSpotter

Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:59 am

Quoting Bagpiper (Reply 1):
Then, I grab my bagpipes, and play them the loudest, most awful, ear-peircing, finger-nails-on-scratch-board noise

That's got to be the most individual response to a telemarketing call that I have ever heard. Sadly, I don't have bagpipes, but I have an old recorder somewhere, never could play that.

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

SlamClick

Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:59 am

Quoting Bobster2 (Reply 3):
in the USA. We have a "Do Not Call List". It really works. Nobody calls.

Except that the Democratic and Republican parties exempted themselves and their candidates so they can still call you. And they do. Furthermore most of the calls are recorded so you have to answer then hang up.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

David L

Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:12 am

Quoting CF188A (Reply 2):
the best thing .... is "yup yup just hold on " put them on hold , then leave them there

Yes, especially with recorded messages that keep repeating.  Smile

Quoting Bobster2 (Reply 3):
Not anymore in the USA. We have a "Do Not Call List". It really works. Nobody calls.

We have the Telephone Preference Service here. Unfortunately, not everyone checks it before calling, even though it's a criminal offence to make marketing calls to registered numbers. It works pretty well, though.

bagpiper

Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:24 pm

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 4):
That's got to be the most individual response to a telemarketing call that I have ever heard. Sadly, I don't have bagpipes, but I have an old recorder somewhere, never could play that.

Well, vacuums do the trick too, especially central vacuum systems (we have a lot of those in the US)

PlymSpotter

Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:33 pm

Quoting Bagpiper (Reply 7):
Well, vacuums do the trick too, especially central vacuum systems (we have a lot of those in the US)

If I started puffing air into a vacuum cleaner whilst on the phone, then I think my family would be even more concerned about my sanity! Wink

Another one I like to do is to put them on hold, and if I'm on the PC I'll select some music I hope they will find annoying and play that down the phone. It's amazing just how long some of them will hold on for, although you have to watch that you're not being charged anything for the call.

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...