SmithAir747
Topic Author

Your Weirdest/Funniest Christmas Gift?

Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:40 pm

Inspired by the "Worst/Stupidest Christmas Gift" thread, I want to know what you remember as the weirdest or funniest Christmas gift you ever got.

I remember a few:

Last November (as I live in London), my mother sent me a Christmas care package early (so it would get to me before Christmas in plenty of time). In it, along with a 1:25 model kit of a station wagon (my favourite), I got the cutest, and funniest, gift yet from her: "Chicken Dance" Elmo! She knew I always loved the Tickle Me Elmos in the stores (I would sometimes squeeze them on the shelf just to hear them shake and laugh). I still have Chicken Dance Elmo here in London with me!

A few years ago (Christmas 1999), my sweet elderly aunt in New Jersey sent me a book on UFO/alien encounters. I got a nice chuckle out of that, because in 1994 when she came to my home in Indiana to celebrate my graduation, I told her of my alien abduction experience--and she BELIEVED me--despite the fact I had clearly said that "I had this dream..." before telling the story! There are some members of my family who actually believe I've been abducted by aliens; that is just one of many family legends about me!
Would you like to hear the story I told my aunt?

I can't think of any other equally weird or funny gifts--because these two really stand out.

Please share yours!

SmithAir747
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... (Psalm 139:14)

GAIsweetGAI

RE: Your Weirdest/Funniest Christmas Gift?

Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:44 pm

The weirdest gift I could think of giving is a can of food (to someone who doesn't need it).
"There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

maiznblu_757

RE: Your Weirdest/Funniest Christmas Gift?

Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:51 pm

UCLA sent my gift today in the form of a total domination of USC, paving the way for the Michigan Wolverines to make it to the BCS title game.