Falcon84
Topic Author

NFL Week Of Dec 3rd: How'd You're Team Do?

Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:26 am

THE BROWNS WON!!!

Hell is either freezing over or the apocolypse is around the corner.  Big grin

Browns were down 28-14 to the Chiefs with 9 min to go in the game, and backup QB Derreck Anderson rallied the Brownies for two late TD passes, and after the Chiefs failed on their opening posession, the Browns, highlighted by a spectaculare 33 yard run by Anderson, got the winning FG to win it.

And, of course, after they went down 2 TD's, I went out grocery shopping and missed the end.  Yeah sure

Big finish of the day: the Titans getting a 60 yard field goal to beat the Colts.

Your take on your team.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Boston92

RE: NFL Week Of Dec 3rd: How'd You're Team Do?

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:08 am

NE barely got it done, but they did; over the Lions 28-21.
"Why does a slight tax increase cost you $200 and a substantial tax cut save you 30 cents?"

GuitrThree

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:39 am

The TITANS!!!

What more can I say! I was in my regular upstairs seats for the game today.. it was a little cold, and windy... thankfully, the Titans LOST the coin toss, and elected to take the wind in the 4th...

Oh how can one little coin toss win you a game..

Rob Bironas, yea I know, Rob who?, took the wind and kicked a 60, yes six-zero, yard field goal leaving 7 seconds on the clock.. farthest in Titan history, and I think only 3 yards short of the NFL record.. The Colts tried the Titans Home-Run-Throwback play on the kick off, but it went down quickly... TITANS WIN 20-17!!!

my-oh-my...

Titans rally two weeks in a row to beat both Manning's..

We COULD have also beaten the Colts earlier in the year, the Ravens, the Dolphins, and the Jets... 5-8 now.. what could have been.

Look out for the Titans next year. Vince Young is AMAZING.. well, with his feet, anyway.. he needs, however, to learn a bit more on how to complete a pass...
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

NeilYYZ

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:42 am

Steelers are looking good so far! Finally, thank you God.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

Mir

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:04 am

Jaguars win against the Dolphins to go to 7-5! The schedule isn't very pretty from here on out, though.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

dragon-wings

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:34 am

Giants just lost to the Cowboys 23-20  Angry

They played better this week than they did the past 2 weeks, but they could not get the 7 points when needed in the red zone this week. They were on the 15 yard line or less in the red zone twice today and both times they settled for a feild goal.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

Tom in NO

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:39 am

Saints blow out the 49er's 34-10, as Reggie Bush comes of age with 4 touchdowns!

Saints now 8-4, and absolutely the surprise team of the year. Now we look forward to next Sunday night's nationally televised game with the Cowboys.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

CO7e7

Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:45 pm

You said it Falcon:

Quoting Falcon84 (Thread starter):
THE BROWNS WON!!!

I went to the game with my buddy and his dad.. it was a blast!

The O-Line stepped up! There was one sack on Anderson and it happened because of a blitz. If the Browns play like this on Thursday, we'll level Pittsburgh!

GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!

TPAflyer

Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:46 pm

20-3 loss. The Bucs are on their way to locking up that #1 draft pick!

futureualpilot

Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:13 pm

Chargers barely beat the Bills, but a W is a W I suppose. They are now tied for the AFC's bestr ecord with the Colts at 10-2....I was happy to see them fall today.

[Edited 2006-12-04 05:13:51]
Life is better when you surf.

NIKV69

Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:20 pm

Quoting Dragon-wings (Reply 5):
Giants just lost to the Cowboys 23-20

Think the Gints season has just about gone kaput. Shame. They looked good in the beginning of the season. Eli is startng to force his passes a bit and they have no discipline. Nice personal foul penallties they got too. They look like the Raiders.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

jetjack74

Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:47 pm

Your take on your team.

Hawks won in a Sunday night thriller. Apart form the poor tackling and the numerous penalties(mostly by Hasslebeck for 4 or 5 "delay of game" infractions, they pulled out a victory with the golden foot of Josh Brown(this weeks trenchman)
Made from jets!

F9Animal

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:10 pm

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 11):
Hawks won in a Sunday night thriller. Apart form the poor tackling and the numerous penalties(mostly by Hasslebeck for 4 or 5 "delay of game" infractions, they pulled out a victory with the golden foot of Josh Brown(this weeks trenchman)

OH YES!!!! Seattle wins another!!!

But, the game was rough. The turnovers on Denvers part came back and hit them. If we turned back time and had Elway as QB, the Hawks would have been hurt.

Holmgren needs to have extra practice this week!
I Am A Different Animal!!

L-188

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:14 pm

Quoting F9Animal (Reply 12):
Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 11):

But, the game was rough. The turnovers on Denvers part came back and hit them. If we turned back time and had Elway as QB, the Hawks would have been hurt.

Holmgren needs to have extra practice this week!

Boy I am going to have fun with that at work tommorrow......My super is a big Ponies fan.

Maybe I can beat him into work and leave a big...."JOSH BROWN IS GOD" sign on his computer.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

fxramper

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:15 pm

Have always been a Titans fan since they left Houston, now with V Young I was rooting harder for them...

DID ANYONE SEE THAT FIELD GOAL BIRONAS MADE?!?!?  Smile  bouncy 

The Cowboys also won!

2/2

PIA777

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:17 pm

My Team dis well even with another terrible game for Rex Grossman. Good
teams always find ways to win.

Bears 23
Vikes 13

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

jetjack74

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:37 pm

Quoting FXramper (Reply 14):
DID ANYONE SEE THAT FIELD GOAL BIRONAS MADE?!?!?

60 yards, only 3 yards shy of the record, and by looking at the distance, I think it could've clear the crossbar if kicked from four yards back.

It was a squeaker. I thought it was over when Denver ran that long pass play of of broken tackles.

They're calling him the 2nd coming of Elway, which he has much to prove to hit that mark. There will never be another John Elway.
Made from jets!

NWA742

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:47 pm

I believe the Packers arrived at the stadium, but forgot to play again.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

FlyDeltaJets87

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:56 pm

Bengals beat the Ravens on Thursday 13-7 [WHO-DEY!  bigthumbsup  ], putting them at 7-5 for the season. (That should be about 9-3 or 10-2. They could easily have one two or three of their games so far this season, especially against Tampa back in October)

Unfortunately, the Giants didn't do so hot against Dallas, losing 23-20, moving to 6-6. (Though still somehow good enough for a Wild-Card at the moment) The Giants need to stop sucking!
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

GOTbound

Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:50 pm

Patriots "won", but I see it like this: Lions lost the game to Patriots. A lousy game, for the second consecutive week my Patriots won becauses they were the least lousy team on the turf!

EK

United767

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:07 pm

Da Bears clinched Da AFC North Division!
I wish UA flew mainline to MYR, that way you wouldn't be stuck in a smelly Saturn for 12 hours.

LTU932

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:21 pm

Quoting FXramper (Reply 14):
DID ANYONE SEE THAT FIELD GOAL BIRONAS MADE?!?!?

I did, and while I thought it would never make it, I was actually pleasantly surprised that it did. That ball was well kicked but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a good tailwind during the kick which pushed it further.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

san747

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:30 pm

Quoting FutureUALpilot (Reply 9):
Chargers barely beat the Bills, but a W is a W I suppose. They are now tied for the AFC's best record with the Colts at 10-2....I was happy to see them fall today.

I agree it wasn't the prettiest win for the Chargers, but it shows that they can win games in adverse weather conditions (20 degrees, snow flurries), which they will inevitably have to play in the playoffs.

Plus both Denver and Kansas City lost, so San Diego has a nice 3 game lead in the division... There's already speculation of this team being the team that will get Marty Schottenheimer his elusive Super Bowl title...
Scotty doesn't know...

FlyDeltaJets87

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:01 am

Quoting San747 (Reply 22):
I agree it wasn't the prettiest win for the Chargers, but it shows that they can win games in adverse weather conditions (20 degrees, snow flurries), which they will inevitably have to play in the playoffs.

They might not have to play in adverse weather though. If they can mantain the best record in the conference, they can secure home field advantage in the playoffs. And if they lose a tie-breaker for home field advantage and have to play, say Indianapolis in Indianapolis, that game would be in a dome, so weather would be a none factor there.
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

USAFHummer

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:59 pm

And the E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES keep their playoff hopes alive in the very weak NFC...27-24 over the hated Carolina Panthers (the NFC South is my least favorite division)...Garcia looked freakin awesome (although I loved when he went down briefly that the crowd was booing him, hoping to see Feeley...classic Philly fans!)...now if Garcia plays like he did tonight throughout the sadistic three-game stretch coming up...three divisional road games in a row (what dumbshit Eagle hater in the NFL scheduling office came up with that one??)...@Washington, @NYG, @ Dallas...we are still fully alive for a wild card berth....GO EAGLES!!! What a win tonight!!!  biggrin   biggrin 
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

USPIT10L

Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:03 pm

THE BROWNS WON!!!

Hell is either freezing over or the apocolypse is around the corner.

Browns were down 28-14 to the Chiefs with 9 min to go in the game, and backup QB Derreck Anderson rallied the Brownies for two late TD passes, and after the Chiefs failed on their opening posession, the Browns, highlighted by a spectaculare 33 yard run by Anderson, got the winning FG to win it.

And, of course, after they went down 2 TD's, I went out grocery shopping and missed the end.

Enjoy the triumph, too bad you lost Charlie Frye. Thank god we got back on track, too bad we've already lost too many games to get to the playoffs again. Oh, well, we'll have to wait for number six next year! Go Steelers!

Quoting CO7e7 (Reply 7):
The O-Line stepped up! There was one sack on Anderson and it happened because of a blitz. If the Browns play like this on Thursday, we'll level Pittsburgh!

Not without Frye you won't. How many yards rushing did Droughns get?
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

baw2198

Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:04 pm

THE BROWNS WON!!!

woohooo!!!!

Now if I could just get canadian satelite so I can watch the browns play instead the bills, that would be a christmas present.

[Edited 2006-12-05 06:06:38]
"And remember, Keep your stick on the ice"--->Red Green

CO7e7

Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:26 pm

Quoting USPIT10L (Reply 25):
Not without Frye you won't

and you know that because you:
a) Consulted with Coach Cowher
b) Listened to John Madden
c) One of your hobbies according to your profile is SPORTS
d) You're just smart like that.

What ever dude!

GO BROWNS!

PurdueAv2003

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:03 pm

F@$*!NG BROWNS!!!

Oh, well. My Chiefs may have lost, but so did the Denver Donkeys. At least that made my weekend a little brighter.  Smile
Ptu = Ftu X Anet (not to be confused with a.net)

HALFA

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:25 pm

Hawaii lost and the Denver Broncos lost so my weekend didn't go so great.
The only saving grace was that the Chiefs lost too!! Hate them!!

HALFA
HA J Class Lie flats, coming soon to a plane near you........