dtwclipper

Star Trek: TNG - Episode Guide Video

Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:52 am

Only watch if you can't get enough of TNG....

Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

OU812

RE: Star Trek: TNG - Episode Guide Video

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:41 pm

While I am a staunch fan of all Star Trek series at followed TNG [ i.e. Voyager,DS-9 & Enterprise] None were as nutrient dense as Star Trek TNG.

I found the 2 part episode where Picard & Enterprise first encountered the BORG [enroute to 001] to be better than some of there movies.

Favorite episode " Tin Man ".

QANTASforever

Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:55 am

I'll admit that I'm a Star Trek admirer, and I do love TNG. But having just got the SciFi channel, Voyager is starting to challenge TNG for me.

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

UH60FtRucker

Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:05 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 1):
None were as nutrient dense as Star Trek TNG.

Before you throw a prop... this is not attack.

What exactly does that statement mean? "Nutrient dense"

Quoting OU812 (Reply 1):
found the 2 part episode where Picard & Enterprise first encountered the BORG [enroute to 001] to be better than some of there movies.

Actually it wasn't the first time Picard and the Enterprise encountered the Borg. In the 2nd season episode Q Who, Q tossed the ship to sector J25, where they made first contact with the Borg.

The episode you are referring too is Best of Both Worlds - which I agree was a very good episode (part#1 was better than #2)

-UH60
Your men have to follow your orders. They don't have to go to your funeral.

OU812

Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:16 am

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 3):
What exactly does that statement mean? "Nutrient dense"

The diversity of the characters, great episodes & humor. Pound for Pound TNG IMHO seemed to have much more intriguing events going on than the other shows. I particularly liked the episode where "Q" sent Picard back to his youth where Picard [if I recall correctly] got a drink splashed on him for referring to a women hitting on him as " a very handsome women " .

Acting was always top notch with Star Trek in general . However, Patrick Stewart is exceptional.

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 3):
The episode you are referring too is Best of Both Worlds - which I agree was a very good episode (part#1 was better than #2)

Agreed,
I saw these episodes last week.

Quoting QANTASFOREVER (Reply 2):
I'll admit that I'm a Star Trek admirer, and I do love TNG. But having just got the SciFi channel, Voyager is starting to challenge TNG for me.

Jerry Ryan didn't have anything to with you starting to lean towards Voyager ?  eyebrow 

trekster

Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:26 am

Love it

Really good clip.
Where does the time go???

QANTASforever

Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:40 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 4):
Jerry Ryan didn't have anything to with you starting to lean towards Voyager ?

Absolutely not - I'm enjoying the pre-Jerry Ryan episodes all over again.

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

hawaiian717

Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:51 pm

Quoting OU812 (Reply 4):
Pound for Pound TNG IMHO seemed to have much more intriguing events going on than the other shows.

I don't know; I think DS9 was pretty close if not even more. I think that show had far more character development than the others. In most of the other series, the characters weren't that different between the first episode and the last. Sisko went from being uncomfortable with to accepting his role as the Emissary of the Prophets, Kira went from a distrust of both Cardassians and Starfleet to working closely with Starfleet and even helping the Cardassians resist the Dominion occupation of their world. Nog went from a troublemaker/bored teen to a Starfleet Officer. Dukat went from being the local Cardassian irritant to ultimately become Emissary of the Pah Wraiths.

The station's fixed location allowed them to create and develop a far greater mix of recurring characters than the ship-based shows that were at a different planet every week. They did much more with multi-episode story arcs and issues that spanned several episodes or even whole seasons, such as the Dominion War.