DfwRevolution
Topic Author

US Secretary Of Defense Frequents Online Forums!

Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:52 am

As a student of Texas A&M University, I frequent a message board known as TexAgs. It's basically the Airliners.net equivalent for anything and everything Aggie, with discussions about sports, academics, politics, business, etc, etc.

Now that Texas A&M President Dr. Robert Gates has been confirmed as the Secretary of Defense, Gates made a little confession last night:

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=768382&forum_id=5

Quote:
"Folks, as I just posted on another thread, it is time for true confessions as I prepare to depart Aggieland. Ranger 65 is Dr. Gates ('65 because that is my college class and Ranger because he's buried in my front yard). I have enjoyed reading you all for the past four and a half years -- well, at least most of you. You are all hard core Aggies, and I have listened and paid more attention to you than you might imagine. Good luck to all of you in the future. Bob Gates"

If you read the replies, you can tell that we were all floored. It's clear that Dr. Gates had some great insights in the past, and masked using a pseudo name and by speaking in 3rd person.

What does this have to do with A.net? Well, we often joke: "What does it matter, airline executives never read these forums."

Well, you never know  scratchchin 

dtwclipper

RE: US Secretary Of Defense Frequents Online Forums!

Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:54 am

Quoting DfwRevolution (Thread starter):
US Secretary Of Defense Frequents Online Forums!

You had me worried there for a second, I thought OU812 was really the US Sec of Defense.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

EWRCabincrew

Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:56 am

We will never know who really reads and/or posts here.
You can't cure stupid

texasaggie

Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:51 am

I'm a student at Texas A&M as well and was interested when I heard this. We're all meeting outside his office today to give a "send off."

futurecaptain

Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:28 am

You can probably bet there are at least a few people who are high up in the airline industry who read the forums here. It's a great way for them to know what frequent flyers really feel of their product and their feelings overall about the industry.
AirSO. ASpaceO. ASOnline. ASO.com ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO.

DfwRevolution
Topic Author

RE: US Secretary Of Defense Frequents Online Forum

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:42 am

Quoting Texasaggie (Reply 3):
I'm a student at Texas A&M as well and was interested when I heard this. We're all meeting outside his office today to give a "send off."

Yeah, I was there as well.

I especially liked the yell afterwards: "BEAT THE HELL OUTTA TERRORIST" Big grin

Gig'em Bob Gates  thumbsup 

baylorairbear

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:48 am

In the spirit of things, sic 'em, Bob!

BAB Big grin
I'm just skipping stones...