Aerotik
Topic Author

Odd And Unusual Holiday Traditions?

Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:09 am

Do any of you uber-normal a-netters have any strange and unusual holiday traditions to share with us freaks?
"ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE." - HAL 9000

dragogoalie

RE: Odd And Unusual Holiday Traditions?

Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:18 am

The thread starter usually starts out, you know...  Silly

Well... I don't have any... I know that in Japan, lots of people eat this christmas pudding... it's very popular, despite the fact that it can easily get stuck in your throat/in your intestines and kill you... heaps of people die every year, but people still eat it  crazy 
Formerly known as Jap. Srsly. AUSTRALIA: 2 days!

Sabena332

Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:24 am

It's not really strange but it's a good old tradition that my best friend and me are flying to Spain on or after Christmas. Usually we fly down on the 25th or 26th after spending the evening of the 24th with our families but this year we'll fly on the 28th because the flights were cheaper on that day. The days between Christmas and the new year are usually very boring so there is nothing better than escaping from Germany and the crappy weather here.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

yooyoo

Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:29 am

My mom plays an ancient cassette tape with Christmas music before we start our meal.

The quality goes down every year, but she still plays it. It also puts a smile on my face when i hear the church bells that start off the tape.

Not very unusual i guess.
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T

ArmitageShanks

Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:50 am

Every Christmas Eve our whole family gets together for a party. At some point during the night we all get together and write our "predictions" for the next year. After writing them down we seal them and then open last years predictions and try to figure out who wrote them and compare what everyone thought and what came true and what didn't.

Bofredrik

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:29 am

Christmas Eve (Dec 24) do i usually spend with your relatives and eat Christmas food. Three o'clock in the afternoon is sacred, though. Then every kid in the whole country sits down in front of the TV to watch "Donald Duck and his friends wish you all a Merry Christmas". Adults also watch it, pretending they're just doing it for the kids, but in fact they like it as much as the kids do, they just don't have the guts to admit it.

Then we eat rice porridge. The rice porridge is made with an abundance of cram, sugar and cinnamon and whoever finds the whole almond in their porridge is expected to be married within the year.

RobertNL070

Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:04 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 2):

Have fun. My next trip to Spain is in May/June.

Cerveza San Miguel  yummy 

Robert  bouncy 
Youth is a gift of nature. Age is a work of art.

Sabena332

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:28 am

Quoting RobertNL070 (Reply 6):
Have fun.

Thanks, I'm sure that it will be fun, hopefully is the weather good like the last few times!

Quoting RobertNL070 (Reply 6):
Cerveza San Miguel

checkmark 

Cerveza de España es bueno!

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

Duff44

Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:12 am

We always ate McDonald's on Christmas Eve after the 5:00PM church service, because it was usually the only thing open.

Also, when my parents were young, they didn't even have enough money to get a star for the top of the Christmas tree. So they made a star out of cardboard and aluminum foil... my mom is still using it.  yes 
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!