jetjack74

Full-Size Christmas Trees Back At SEA-TAC Airport

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:52 am

SEATAC, Wash. — The Christmas trees are going back up at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.

Port of Seattle officials had ordered the trees taken down over the weekend after a local rabbi threatened a lawsuit if a menorah wasn't also displayed at the airport.

Airport officials say they took that action out of concern that if they allowed the addition of a menorah, they would also have to display symbols of other religions and cultures, which was not something airport workers had time for during the busiest travel season of the year.

Rabbi Elazar Bogomilsky says he never asked that the trees be taken down, and the threat of a lawsuit was withdrawn.

With the threat of the lawsuit gone, airport spokesman Bob Parker says all 14 trees will go back up -- hopefully by tomorrow morning.

The Port of Seattle, who runs SEA-TAC, said they'll work with the jewish community leaders to develop an appropriate display for next year. So alls well that ends well.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,235957,00.html
Made from jets!

usnseallt82

RE: Full-Size Christmas Trees Back At SEA-TAC Airport

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:02 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Thread starter):
Full-Size Christmas Trees Back At SEA-TAC Airport

I heard about this on the radio this morning. I'm glad to see things worked out, but man....what a case of pussified reactions if I ever saw one. The rabbi seemed to be fine with it, but another lawyer somewhere probably got a hard-on looking for a chance to sue someone.

Like I said, glad things worked out for once.  yes 
Crye me a river

ANCFlyer

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:13 am

Should have never taken them down in the first place.

Tell Rabbi Schmedlap they'll do better next time - develop a plan - implement it - and then do better next time.

What I find humorous in all this is that SEA management said the workers didn't have time to put up additional decorations, but they damn sure had time to take down what was there - and then to put it up again  crazy 

Merry Christmas.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

AsstChiefMark

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:37 am

How much ya wanna bet they'll be coming down again?

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

MYT332

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:40 am

It's a load of bullshit that they had to come down in the first place. Political correctness gone mad! The UK is full of it, it's sickening.
One Life, Live it.

ME AVN FAN

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:49 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Thread starter):
Airport officials say they took that action out of concern that if they allowed the addition of a menorah, they would also have to display symbols of other religions and cultures

looks like a classic over-reaction of some  hissyfit  s ! And what if representatives for Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and Zoroastrians wanted to have one symbol each ? really such a business ? hardly.
-
But if I were a psychiatrist in the Seattle area I would try to contact those managers in order to broaden my customer-base  yes 
-

-

gunsontheroof

Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:40 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 2):
Should have never taken them down in the first place.

Agreed, but only because doing so centered the collective attentions of the "war on christmas" dipshits on this corner of the country. Hopefully the management at the Port will be a bit more tactful next year.

usnseallt82

Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:31 am

I'm not the biggest fan of Lou Dobbs, but he wrote a pretty damn accurate piece on this whole retarded ordeal...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/12/Dobbs.Dec13/index.html
Crye me a river

KaiGywer
Crew

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:03 am

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 3):
How much ya wanna bet they'll be coming down again?

100% odds of that  Wink After all, can't have Christmas trees up all year  duck 
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an