Springbok747
Topic Author

Was Mugged This Morning

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:28 am

I just had the most awful experience about 20 minutes ago. Its still 07:25 as I write this in KGI. I'm visiting a few friends here...more info about this place:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalgoorlie

Anyways, I was taking a walk on the main street as it was a beautiful morning...very few people around. Ok..everything is good, then I noticed a bunch of kids hanging on the sidewalk on the other side of the street. I did not pay any attention to them, and continued my walk. After 1/2 an hour or so, I decided to head back, and just turned around, and walked back on the same path, when I saw that those kids had crossed the road. I counted 8 kids...all aged between 15-18.

I didnt bother too much and just carried on..when all of a sudden 3 of them started walking behind me, I began to get a bit bothered at this point, but continued to walk at a normal pace.

As I approached a set of traffic lights, I slowed at the pedestrian crossing...this is when trouble struck. 5 kids came in front, and 3 behind. The biggest demanded that I give them some money...and two of them threatened me with broken glass bottles. Fuck, then things just got a whole lot worse, the big kid took out a handgun (may have been a fake..but looked real enough..looked like a Kahr P9). I felt so damn helpless...no one around and surrounded by 8 goddamn kids..fuck. I gave them my wallet (had my cards, $20 cash) and my phone (Nokia 6280). I dont know why I was carrying my damn wallet this morning..I never do when I am out on a walk.

After I gave them my belongings..they just fled. I walked back..and called the cops. The cops just took a statement from me and left now...said they'll call back if they come to know anything.

C'mon someone should know those kids..after all they just didn't find that gun lying on the street. And this is a country where law abiding citizens like me aren't allowed to even carry a knife on person..let alone a gun. No wonder those idiots had a gun..I'm not surprised at all.

I have lived in JNB for 4 years..and I have never, ever been mugged before. To get mugged in a sleepy town in the morning like this....dammit....no place is safe.

Anyways..sorry for the rant.. my whole day is ruined  Angry
אני תומך בישראל

QFA380

RE: Was Mugged This Morning

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:34 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Thread starter):
a bunch of kids hanging on the sidewalk

Don't mean to be rascist but were these kids aboriginals?

Must suck to have all that stolen from you and I hope the cops find these dickheads and get your stuff back.

luv2fly

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:38 am

Anyways..sorry for the rant.. my whole day is ruined

Well not totally as you did not find out if the gun was real or not! It could ALWAYS be worse. Though sorry to hear about what happened.
You can cut the irony with a knife

charlienorth

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:38 am

Sorry to hear about that,no matter what the police tell you about taking it personally,it's hard not to,never been mugged but have been robbed.

C'mon someone should know those kids..after all they just didn't find that gun lying on the street. And this is a country where law abiding citizens like me aren't allowed to even carry a knife on person..let alone a gun. No wonder those idiots had a gun..I'm not surprised at all.

This shows how effective gun control really is!!
Work hard fly right..don't understand it

baylorairbear

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:50 am

Sorry to hear this, mate. I've been through it, myself. If you wanna chat about it, I'm here. If not, let's say I come to KGI, and we go get your money back, with interest!

BAB yes 
I'm just skipping stones...

Springbok747
Topic Author

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:53 am

Yeah....shit why is it always them?!

Quoting Charlienorth (Reply 3):
This shows how effective gun control really is!!

Exactly. When guns are controlled..only the bad guys will have them.
אני תומך בישראל

charlienorth

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:02 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 5):

Someone here will provide an excuse.

Exactly. When guns are controlled..only the bad guys will have them

And the law abiding folks like you pay the price.
Work hard fly right..don't understand it

QFA380

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 am

Quoting Charlienorth (Reply 6):

Someone here will provide an excuse.

These kids really bring down Aboriginals in Australia. They are poor and Kalgoorlie is a desert town ie: will have a large Aboriginal population. It's not good, they go and commit crimes and then get bail while the government gives them the money to pay for it.

Abit of trivia, you only have to be 1/11th Aboriginal to get these benefits.

bushpilot

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:38 am

Wow, Im sorry to hear that, I really enjoyed my time in KGI and all over Australia. Everyone was always friendly to me. I guess these sort of things happen everywhere.

bill142

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:40 am

Sorry to hear about that mate, hope your alright.

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 7):
These kids really bring down Aboriginals in Australia. They are poor and Kalgoorlie is a desert town ie: will have a large Aboriginal population. It's not good, they go and commit crimes and then get bail while the government gives them the money to pay for it.

Abit of trivia, you only have to be 1/11th Aboriginal to get these benefits.

I know of someone who stole a car and then when he was caught cried foul and that he was 1/8th aboriginal they let him go. It's unfortunate that we have these laws which are meant to apply to everyone, yet one section of the community seems to think they are exempt becsause of their culture. It is just like the Jews and Muslims getting upset at christmas decorations etc. The rest of us bend over backwards to make them happy yet they continue claim they are being discriminated against.

When it comes to something like a mugging, it shouldn't matter if your white, black, purple or orange, if you've broken the law you deserve to be punnished.

ORD2pm

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:59 am

wow, thats really cool.

But i have an idea on how you can solve this criminal case. Probably this gang will show up on the same place where you got mugged. Perhaps not today, or tomorrow, but set up surveillance over the area. Like you can hide in a car or anything.

and when you see the gang again, just call the police. Its easy as that...
it will be time consuming and boring.....but it will be worth it...i guess.

you can always pay me for going down to Australia and help you, just the trip and living expenses.

Superfly

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:00 am

Springbok747:
Sorry to hear about this!
Having a gun pulled out on you is a scary feeling. It's happened to me 3 times.

I hope they catch these bastards!
Bring back the Concorde

TedTAce

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:03 am

You should have been packing heat.

Signed,

ANCTraitor
This space intentionally left blank

alaskaqantas

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:10 am

sorry to here this mate.. when I was in NZ a month ago we were having a wake for my Grandfather who had just passed away, when some drunk maori came down my nanas drive and nocked on the guest house. My brother answered it and the guy asked him if ther was any Tui (beer) and my brother told him to bugger off.
He then went to the main house and asked my dad if ther was any tui. My dad told him to bugger off aswell.

The next morning when we got in our car we found that my dads brand new Dell precision M90 that was his work laptop that was worth over $3,000 USD because of modifications that were done, his cellular phone was also nicked as well as my brothers camera and cellular phone... as well as some tui. we told the cops, but nothing came of it... and Im sure that the guy who stole it couldn't do much since it had two locks and it was an American charger.

I could go off on a rant about living up here in AK, USA. Yet I won't as I don't want to offend or generalize.

sounds alot like other countries as well... not naming names or anything.

(for those who don't know, I have dual citizenship between USA and NZ)
~Cheers-
~~Kyle H.
to some people the sky is the limit, to aviation enthusiasts, its home!

TPAnx

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:12 am

I'd think that the cops should be able to track down the phone..either by
triangulation of the cell towers it uses..or with its GPS system...if they wanted to extend the effort...
You did call your bank to cancel the cards, right?
Sorry about the loss..sadly, this sort of thing happens everywhere...
but at least you're ok...
TPAnx
I read the news today..oh boy

bushpilot

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:40 am

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 1):

Why does that even come into the equation? Unless you are telling us a description so we can assist the police in catching them, thier race is totally irrellevant.

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 9):
I know of someone who stole a car and then when he was caught cried foul and that he was 1/8th aboriginal they let him go.

Then that is an enforcement problem. The law needs to apply equally.

Quoting Alaskaqantas (Reply 13):
sorry to here this mate.. when I was in NZ a month ago we were having a wake for my Grandfather who had just passed away, when some drunk maori came down my nanas drive and nocked on the guest house.

Tell me, young fellow Alaskan, why even mention the fact he was a Maori?

Quoting Alaskaqantas (Reply 13):
I could go off on a rant about living up here in AK, USA. Yet I won't as I don't want to offend or generalize.

By saying you could go off on a rant but dont want to offend or generalize, you already have done just that.

The actions individuals take are just that, individual actions. One cannot or should they find it acceptable to make these sort of comments.

jafa39

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:50 am

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 15):
Tell me, young fellow Alaskan, why even mention the fact he was a Maori?

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 1):

Why does that even come into the equation?

The point is that indigenous populations always feature highly in crime stats.

In NZ 16% of the population are Maori or Pacific island descent and they make up 85% of the prison population.

I run a few projects in youth prisons and on the rare occaisions i meet a Pakeha (white boy) "inside" I am surprised, they stand out like balls on a dog.

The reasons for this are many and varied and we need to look at the causes of indigenous crime in order to make a difference.

Why, for instance, do the indigenous people of colonised countries always form the lower socio-economic strata of the population?

I'm not even gonna attempt to answer that question here but its a big issue and requires some big-time social engineering to put it right.

BTW..... Political Correctness isn't the way to solve it, I am sure of that much!!!
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

Springbok747
Topic Author

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:59 am

Update: Wohoo! I got my stuff back...the cops caught 4 of the 'gang' while they were trying to use my ATM card. What a bunch of idiots..dont they know they just cant use some one else's ATM card like that?! Haha.

Also, one of them had my phone..woot! Got that back also! Good work WA Police!!

Thanks for all your replies fellas!

Quoting BaylorAirBear (Reply 4):
let's say I come to KGI, and we go get your money back, with interest!

Thanks BAB...you're welcome here anytime..next time you're in PER let me know..  biggrin 

Quoting ORD2pm (Reply 10):
you can always pay me for going down to Australia and help you, just the trip and living expenses.

No worries...I'll put up the living expenses...you just need to buy an air ticket..I'm just a poor student..lol.

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 16):

Exactly. The situation here is also very similar. Something like 70% of the prison population is made up of aborigines.

The point is...in small desert towns like KGI...its the Aborigines who unfortunately cause most of the trouble..especially dumb kids who dont have anything better to do..like going to school etc.
אני תומך בישראל

futurecaptain

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:08 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 17):
Update: Wohoo! I got my stuff back...

Good to hear. I'm sure these kids would have been scared when the A.net gang consisting of BAB and ORD2pm came down and started asking questions. The A.net gang is a crazy bunch and they know it. Guns, cameras, intricate knowledge of how to get around the world and people at every major airport in the world. A force to be reckoned with.
AirSO. ASpaceO. ASOnline. ASO.com ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO.

bushpilot

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:25 am

Update: Wohoo! I got my stuff back...

Good work for the cops, congrats.

Political Correctness isn't the way to solve it, I am sure of that much!!!

Exactly. The situation here is also very similar.

Nobody was being politically incorrect in direct name calling.
I see and live first hand the struggle minorities have in a white society.
What those boys did was unacceptable, whether they be white black brown red or blue.
But what was represented was the underlying problem with assimilation in society. The presumption of one group to act in dissatisfactory ways.
When one commits this sort of act, they should first be considered criminals, thier race should not come into the equation.

jafa39

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:00 pm

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 19):
Nobody was being politically incorrect in direct name calling.

Nah mate, it wasn't a reference to anybody's post...just a statement of general fact.

Personally I think it is important to look at the crime/race interface, it is symptomatic of some of the cracks in the societal glue that holds the world together.

The PC lobby would say ignore race and in London a black community leader called our local cops "racist" because every suspect on the street crime board was black.

The cops showed him the bank robbers list...and they were all white blokes!!!

The guy had to just get used to the fact that certain races commit certain crimes. Eg 89% of gun crime in London is Black on Black and drug related (the rest is white bank robbers).

In NZ 95% + of kidnappings and ransom demands are Asian on Asian.

In Dunstable (UK) most benefit frauds were white.....so it goes on, I'm sure if Springbok747 was mugged by white surf dudes or Croatian Hell's Angels he would have said as much.

And for the record, the only crime ever committed against me (setting fire to me) was by a white Chav  Wink

fspilot747

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:23 pm

Because that's what happens when you steal over 90% of an indigenous people's land, break up their social structure, subjugate them, and then treat them like shit because you're "white and better than them".

Yes I've been to Australia, and Yes I've seen how they're treated there. Didn't they teach you that stuff in school?

Sorry about the trouble you went through with your mugging, but while there is no excuse for the crime problem, there is an explanation. And asking "why is it always them?!" shows that you have a lack of basic understanding of your country's history.

[Edited 2006-12-15 05:25:37]

andz

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:26 pm

I have lived in JNB for 4 years..and I have never, ever been mugged before. To get mugged in a sleepy town in the morning like this....dammit....no place is safe.

I guess I don't need to point out the irony of this, people are leaving SA for Australia in droves to "escape the crime". Glad you got your stuff back.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

QFA380

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:58 pm

Why does that even come into the equation? Unless you are telling us a description so we can assist the police in catching them, thier race is totally irrellevant.

It does when they know they can get away with almost anything they do. Kids get murdered, wives get murdered, Aboriginals do anything they want over here and its absolutely shit and needs to stop.

Springbok747, what did the cops do to these kids?

I know of someone who stole a car and then when he was caught cried foul and that he was 1/8th aboriginal they let him go.

I made that statement because of past experience over some Aboriginals that stole my mums car. The cops sent them to court they were back on the street the next day. The cops say it has to stop too.

fspilot747

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:09 pm

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 23):
Kids get murdered, wives get murdered, Aboriginals do anything they want over here and its absolutely shit and needs to stop.

Bullshit dude. I'm pretty sure if an Aboriginal murdered somebody and had enough evidence to convict him/her, then he/she would not be let out on the streets. What's with the exaggeration?

Quoting Andz (Reply 22):
I guess I don't need to point out the irony of this, people are leaving SA for Australia in droves to "escape the crime". Glad you got your stuff back.

Yeah, and I'm sure you South African's aren't exactly puzzled as to why there is all that crime out there.

QFA380

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:30 pm

Quoting FSPilot747 (Reply 24):
Kids get murdered, wives get murdered, Aboriginals do anything they want over here and its absolutely shit and needs to stop.

Bullshit dude. I'm pretty sure if an Aboriginal murdered somebody and had enough evidence to convict him/her, then he/she would not be let out on the streets. What's with the exaggeration?

Unfortunately it does happen in remote communities, these people take drugs or drink and go home and bash their families, sometimes killing them. If they are an elder, there is no way anyone is going to tell anyone else, its as if it never happened and this is becoming an increasing problem. We hear about it on the news all the time.....

bill142

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:06 pm

Then that is an enforcement problem. The law needs to apply equally.

Exactly. But one section of society seems to think they are being discriminated against.

andz

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:16 pm

Quoting FSPilot747 (Reply 24):
Yeah, and I'm sure you South African's aren't exactly puzzled as to why there is all that crime out there.

Okay I'll bite, let's hear your theory.

fspilot747

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:29 pm

Quoting Andz (Reply 27):

Okay I'll bite, let's hear your theory.

You see there was this thing called apartheid....

....and then the Dutch bitched about not knowing "where all this crime" came from.

These are not excuses. But why wonder "why it's always them" and stuff like that when the answers are so socially obvious? Our prison's in the U.S. are disproportionately black. That has everything to do with social conditions, disproportionate drug laws (powdered cocaine vs crack cocaine punishments...in the sense that the "white collar" version is much less (100-1 ratio) punished vs the kind poor blacks tend to use on the streets), history, racism, discrimination, etc.

You can't sit there and scratch your ass wondering why things are the way they are. You screw with a social structure, make them your slaves for hundreds of years, then Jim Crow them (don't deny the harshness and bitterly racist Apartheid laws in the very recent past in your country), you're going to have a natural backlash. Alexis de Tocqueville predicted it well before it happened. And not because he was Nostrodamus. But because he had a brain.

Same thing happened with the banlieues residents of France last year. Only to a much lesser degree.

You subjugate people, you better expect to live with the consequences for many, many years following. It's not like after apartheid or after jim crow and slavery, everyone loved each other and held hands singing kumbayah. That's a childhood myth. Discrimination is everywhere from the workplace to the streets.

Remember when the U.S. would not allow SAA flights to the U.S. until the airline changed their policy which forbid black pilots?

Anything else?

[Edited 2006-12-15 07:33:57]

jcs17

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:56 pm

FSPilot, here's a friendly tip, don't talk about things you know nothing about. First of all, there are an awful lot of white people of British lineage in South Africa. In fact, South Africa was British enough to be a commonwealth nation. There are still a ton of British whites in South Africa. Secondly, I'm sure there are a few recent Dutch immigrants hanging around, but people of Dutch and German (in recent days) heritage are called Afrikaaners... not "Dutch."

It's also pretty interesting to learn that Apartheid occured for "hundreds" of years, too. I'd be interested to know what exact year it began.

If you were a white South African would you think to yourself, "Gee, they deserved it," after your parents were hacked to death in an absolutely brutal killing (many murders in South Africa make killings in States look like child's play). Give me a break with the moral relativism b.s..
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

fspilot747

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:16 pm

Quoting Jcs17 (Reply 29):
It's also pretty interesting to learn that Apartheid occured for "hundreds" of years, too. I'd be interested to know what exact year it began.

I was referring to slavery, not south african apartheid.
Here is my quote again:

"You screw with a social structure, make them your slaves for hundreds of years, then Jim Crow them (don't deny the harshness and bitterly racist Apartheid laws in the very recent past in your country), you're going to have a natural backlash"

Apparently, my reference to "Jim Crow" and slavery didn't click with you that I was making an analogy with the U.S. Read more carefully next time. And I'll try to be clearer next time.

If you were a white South African would you think to yourself, "Gee, they deserved it,"

Nice job quoting Ann Coulter. At least now I know where your politics come from. And that comment alone shows your education, let alone, your education of social issues or history.

First of all, there are an awful lot of white people of British lineage in South Africa. In fact, South Africa was British enough to be a commonwealth nation. There are still a ton of British whites in South Africa.

I didn't think anyone would take my Dutch reference as literal as you did. It was a general reference to the white South Africans.

[Edited 2006-12-15 08:27:46]

jcs17

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:28 pm

Quoting FSPilot747 (Reply 30):

Awww... isn't that cute. FSPilot making fun of my education and sense of history when he can't even get simple facts correct. I'd also be interested to know how many slaves came from South Africa.

South Africa today is a sad nation and it doesn't show any hints of improvement. That sadness came not from apartheid, but from the do-nothing ANC government which allows these murderers and muggers to roam the streets with little or no resistance or fear (thanks to the toothless South African Police). Apartheid is in the past. The destruction and criminality of South Africa is today, and most likely the future.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

fspilot747

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:40 pm

Quoting Jcs17 (Reply 31):

Awww... isn't that cute. FSPilot making fun of my education and sense of history when he can't even get simple facts correct. I'd also be interested to know how many slaves came from South Africa.

South Africa today is a sad nation and it doesn't show any hints of improvement. That sadness came not from apartheid, but from the do-nothing ANC government which allows these murderers and muggers to roam the streets with little or no resistance or fear (thanks to the toothless South African Police). Apartheid is in the past. The destruction and criminality of South Africa is today, and most likely the future.

I was talking about slaves brought to the U.S. to explain the ramifications of slavery and racism and how it has continued in the form of social problems today in the united states -- to make an analogy. Do you know how to read and comprehend? I'm not talking about slaves brought from South Africa. Do you know what "analogy" means?

Jesus. It's like pulling teeth.

And about your little social theory there. You're just wrong. I don't know how else to tell you.

If you don't misinterpret this post this time, I'll give you a cookie.

[Edited 2006-12-15 08:41:40]

fspilot747

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:44 pm

Apartheid is in the past

Apartheid will never be in the past, yuppie.

The day your skin turns black and you experience discrimination, you'll understand the ignorance of what you've said. I can't believe you actually think Apartheid is some distant memory with no ramifications today.

[Edited 2006-12-15 08:47:27]

Springbok747
Topic Author

Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:33 pm

Quoting FSPilot747 (Reply 21):
Because that's what happens when you steal over 90% of an indigenous people's land, break up their social structure, subjugate them, and then treat them like shit because you're "white and better than them".

Um..I'm not white..I'm Indian. So I don't see your point here. Race does have a lot of relevance here..especially considering the fact that our population is 20 million...out of which Aborigines make up less than 1%. And 30% of this country's prison population is made up of Aborigines...a huge number considering how small their population is.

Springbok747, what did the cops do to these kids?

Don't know QFA380...I think they'll put them in the lockup overnight or something. I have no idea, but the cop who was handling the situation said "we'll deal with them, no worries".

sadness came not from apartheid, but from the do-nothing ANC government which allows these murderers and muggers to roam the streets with little or no resistance or fear (thanks to the toothless South African Police).

Agreed. But I dont think the SA cops are toothless..they just don't have the resources needed to catch the sheer number of criminals there.
אני תומך בישראל

SA006

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:08 pm

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 34):
And 30% of this country's prison population is made up of Aborigines...a huge number considering how small their population is.

And the other 70% is the Wallabie rugby team  Wink

Quoting FSPilot747 (Reply 33):
Apartheid will never be in the past, yuppie

True , but its not as bad as you think. I'd just like to know , have you ever been "out here" before and actually experienced the situation for yourself? Ever listened to South Africans opinions? It can be blown out of proportion sometimes mate.
Proudly South African

fxramper

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:50 pm

Quoting BaylorAirBear (Reply 4):
Sorry to hear this, mate. I've been through it, myself. If you wanna chat about it, I'm here. If not, let's say I come to KGI, and we go get your money back, with interest!

BAB will bring the 7mm and I'll be toting my Desert Eagle .50. I'll use some Advantage miles and we make journey to SYD immediately via LAX. We'll start immediate investigation when we arrive and ask questions later. This is how we do it in Texas; yall.  duck 

In all seriousness, I'm truly sorry buddy. Have never been mugged, but came close to it in Spain, and almost shit myself after realizing what could have happened. No worries, your safe.  yes 

We kill those punks.  box 

Enjoy the holiday please.  santahat 

jafa39

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:17 pm

Um..I'm not white..I'm Indian.

You made my day!!!!  Smile I was getting a bit rarked up by FSPilot747's attitude but its all good now  Wink

andz

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:21 pm

Quoting FSPilot747 (Reply 28):

You would fit right in here. Blaming apartheid for the crime in this country is a common but laughable ploy. How does the fact that you couldn't ride on the same bus as a white person drive you to kill someone for their car, or rape teenage girls? People of all races are victims of crime. The lack of law enforcement by the (mainly Black) Government and the lily-livered justice system are to blame.

Remember when the U.S. would not allow SAA flights to the U.S. until the airline changed their policy which forbid black pilots?

I want to see that in an official document before I believe it.

gkirk

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:24 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 12):

Signed,

ANCTraitor

rotfl 
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

ANCFlyer

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:33 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 12):

Signed,

ANCTraitor

checkmark 

The message is at least accurate.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

bill142

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:44 pm

How is it an excuse? It's people like you that are the cause of the problem. Using the events of the past to create two societies. It's just ludacrious, first you want to be treated equal but when push comes to shove you're more then happy to dig up the events of the past and use it to your advantage.

Going that way, this desired equality will never be achieved.

SA006

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:13 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 41):
How is it an excuse? It's people like you that are the cause of the problem. Using the events of the past to create two societies. It's just ludacrious, first you want to be treated equal but when push comes to shove you're more then happy to dig up the events of the past and use it to your advantage.

Going that way, this desired equality will never be achieved.

checkmark 
Proudly South African

melpax

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:27 pm

The point is...in small desert towns like KGI...its the Aborigines who unfortunately cause most of the trouble..especially dumb kids who dont have anything better to do..like going to school etc.

Unfortantely I have to agree with you there. I went on a school tour to Central Australia back in 1991 & we stopped the night in Coober Pedy. We were told not to go into the town on our own, the place was full of drunken Aboriginals. Real wild west stuff, very sad. You were very bloody lucky to get your stuff back.
Essendon - Whatever it takes......

QANTASforever

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:35 pm

These kids really bring down Aboriginals in Australia.

Only if we let them. How's this for an idea: don't generalise. Don't "not go on a rant" about aborigines, don't make wide assumptions about people. It's all a part of it.

It is just like the Jews and Muslims getting upset at christmas decorations etc.

Really? If that is true - what bearing does it have on the event described in the first post?

Finally - someone who gets it.

Something like 70% of the prison population is made up of aborigines.

Really? And yet....

And 30% of this country's prison population is made up of Aborigines

How many of your "statistics" are prompted from reality and not racial assumptions?

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 20):
Personally I think it is important to look at the crime/race interface, it is symptomatic of some of the cracks in the societal glue that holds the world together.

I agree. I also think its important that members of the general public make an effort to treat each individual in society as equals regardless of racial-socio trends. Don't you agree?

Quoting FSPilot747 (Reply 21):
Yes I've been to Australia, and Yes I've seen how they're treated there.

And how is that? You have all the answers do you? Specialist employment institutions, free housing, free money, free university education, free healthcare. They get all that. What is the solution to the indigenous crime problem? You've "been to Australia", so clearly you must know far more than those of us who actually live here.

Race does have a lot of relevance here

You see, reading your thread opener I didn't think it did. To me, I read that a bunch of violent youths stole from you and threatened you. If they had been a gang of white young people this thread wouldn't have gone the way it has. So in that sense, yes I suppose race does have a certain relevance.

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

fspilot747

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:36 pm

Quoting Andz (Reply 38):
How does the fact that you couldn't ride on the same bus as a white person drive you to kill someone for their car, or rape teenage girls?

How is it an excuse?

Do you not read my posts, or just the parts you don't like? I tried to make it as clear as possible, I even italicized it in a previous post, that I am not giving them excuses. Rather an explanation for why "it's always them." Nothing gives anybody an excuse to murder or rape an innocent person. Nothing. And I would support the death penalty if it wasn't prone to the error rate it inherently is. And those little bastards that mugged Springbok? Should spend more than a night in jail, and so should their parents. But you know what? After that, there should be a social program willing to work with the kids.

Quoting Andz (Reply 38):

I want to see that in an official document before I believe it.

Look for it on google or something, I'm not going to do the work for you to educate you about your own country.

Quoting SA006 (Reply 35):
Ever listened to South Africans opinions? It can be blown out of proportion sometimes mate.

Half of my family is South African, however been born and raised there, they experienced the crime first hand and would probably take a lot of your guys' point of view. But they also know that the blacks went through hell in South Africa during the Apartheid and they know why the crime is the way it is. Nobody rational person likes crime or will make excuses for it. But Apartheid is part of the reason South Africans deal with crime. If apartheid never occured, or if the whites that entered S.A. treated them as equals and gave them jobs in their new system, this wouldn't be the case.

andz

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:43 pm

Quoting FSPilot747 (Reply 45):
Do you not read my posts, or just the parts you don't like?

Well you started with the sentence: "You see there was this thing called apartheid..."

But they also know that the blacks went through hell in South Africa during the Apartheid

No one is denying that. But using it as an excuse for the crime rate today is rubbish.

I'm not going to do the work for you to educate you about your own country.

I thought so. You can't back it up because it is bullshit.

frequentflyer

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:49 pm

Update: Wohoo! I got my stuff back...the cops caught 4 of the 'gang' while they were trying to use my ATM card. What a bunch of idiots..dont they know they just cant use some one else's ATM card like that?! Haha.

Also, one of them had my phone..woot! Got that back also! Good work WA Police!!

OK that's cool Mate, glad you are OK and got back your stuff ; you've earned the right for a strong Cocktail tonight!  Wink

Cheers All
Take off and live

vikkyvik

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:52 pm

How is it an excuse?

Read his post, dude:

These are not excuses.

Using the events of the past to create two societies. It's just ludacrious, first you want to be treated equal but when push comes to shove you're more then happy to dig up the events of the past and use it to your advantage.

There's a difference between using the past to make excuses and shirk responsibility, and using the past to help explain the present. The former is not a good way to run a society, but the latter contributes much toward understanding that same society as it currently is.

To say that the current state of a society has nothing to do with its past is completely misinformed.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

melpax

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:55 pm

Abit of trivia, you only have to be 1/11th Aboriginal to get these benefits

True. If I was able to claim this, I would get a promotion in my government job very easily with easier access to benefits like having further study paid for (both the course & salary while doing said course)
Essendon - Whatever it takes......