jimyvr

Gay Designer Gabbana Against Same-sex Parenting

Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:24 am

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...t%20single%20sex%20parents_1017292

Quote:
Gay designer STEFANO GABBANA is against the idea of same sex couples becoming parents, because he believes children need both a mother and a father. Gabbana insists taking a child away from its mother is "cruel" and that he will never adopt, although a female friend recently agreed to become the surrogate mother of his child through artificial insemination. He says, "I am opposed to the idea of a child growing up with two gay parents. A child needs a mother and a father. "I could not imagine my childhood without my mother. I also believe that it is cruel to take a baby away from its mother."
1000 - 01MAR07 | http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/

Bofredrik

RE: Gay Designer Gabbana Against Same-sex Parenting

Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:41 am

I could not agree more.
The gay movement have put forward its agenda to far
and it is time to stop it here and now.

777236ER

Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:43 am

But the moron feels it's OK to have a child with a surrogate mother so he can have 'an heir'. A son, of course, not a daughter.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlf...ana%20each%20aim%20for%20an%20heir
Your bone's got a little machine

MYT332

Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:50 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 2):
But the moron feels it's OK to have a child with a surrogate mother

I thought that too. I thought I read it wrong, oh well.
One Life, Live it.

PA110

Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:53 am

Like his opinion really matters? Big deal. He doesn't want to be a gay parent? Fine. Just STFU and don't continue to fuel the stereotype that same sex couples can't be good parents. It drives me nuts that in places like Florida, gay couples can be foster parents, but aren't allowed to adopt... especially when so many unwanted children remain relegated to foster homes instead of permanent families.
It's been swell, but the swelling has gone down.

Mir

Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:10 am

Quoting Jimyvr (Thread starter):
I also believe that it is cruel to take a baby away from its mother."

Gays are proposing to steal babies away from their parents?  Wow!

And here I was all along thinking that gays would be adopting children from foster homes or orphanages, children whose parents had abandoned them.  Yeah sure

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

MiCorazonAzul

Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:25 am

Quoting PA110 (Reply 4):
specially when so many unwanted children remain relegated to foster homes instead of permanent families.

yea apparently "the system" rather have these kids with no families, living miserable lives instead of them being in LOVING families just because it might be two men or two women parenting......

As for these comments from Gabbana, I say we boycott their clothing perhaps? That ought to work out really well for him.
Live for Today.....tomorrow is NOT guaranteed.

jimyvr

Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:32 am

Quoting MiCorazonAzul (Reply 6):
As for these comments from Gabbana, I say we boycott their clothing perhaps?

If boycotting their clothing line, Dolce wouldn't be happy.
1000 - 01MAR07 | http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/

upsmd11

Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:42 am

This is ridiculous. There are many gay parents who adopt the unwanted children that straight couples don't want. I am the gay father of 3 children (my own) but they also live with their mother part time.

My partner and I raise them part of the time while they are with their mom and step-dad the rest of the time. We give them just as much, if not more, good parenting as their mom and step-dad (who is a jerk anyway).

Gabbana can say this because he is who he is but it doesn't mean there's any credence to it. Rubbish, pure rubbish.

John

ZBBYLW

Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:51 am

I fully think two gay parents could be great parents, however as good as parents can be, the kids are going to be bullied at school, at sport activities etc and etc. As kids are young they are very susceptible to this bulling and what not. Because of this i feel gay parents should not be allowed to bring up a young child. Perhaps you could have an age like 12 or so where after this it can be reviewed on a case per case basis, its hard to say, but i just feel that it is not fair for the kids. To carry this on i really feel that the gay movement has pushed to far, they got there right to marry, they should now be satisfied, for the time being.
Keep the shinny side up!

jpetekyxmd80

Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:55 am

Quoting Bofredrik (Reply 1):

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Quoting Jimyvr (Thread starter):
Gabbana insists taking a child away from its mother is "cruel" and that he will never adopt

Sounds like a total moron. "Taking a child away"?!!? What about being given up? Maybe we shouldn't be listening to a stupid designer about this kind of thing.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

AirCop

Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:57 am

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 10):
Maybe we shouldn't be listening to a stupid designer about this kind of thing.

Again why is this guy's personal opinion news anyways?

tsaord

Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:26 pm

How is the child being taken away when most of the time mothers give them up or due to other circumstances? Homos are taking the babies away? Ridiculous
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

panam330

Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:58 pm

Quoting ZBBYLW (Reply 9):
Perhaps you could have an age like 12 or so where after this it can be reviewed on a case per case basis, its hard to say, but i just feel that it is not fair for the kids. To carry this on i really feel that the gay movement has pushed to far

Because having to switch parents at age 12 wouldn't hurt them a little bit more than having two fathers or two mothers? What an asinine suggestion. As for your statement on the 'gay movement' being pushed too far, why the f*ck shouldn't gay people be able to have the SAME EXACT RIGHTS as every other person in existence? It will go too far when gays ask for rights beyond what everyone else has, and that will probably never happen because of close-minded people who won't even allow such basic rights as marriage and adoption.

they got there right to marry, they should now be satisfied, for the time being.

First off, it's 'their.' Secondly, not in the United States they didn't- along with many other countries. Satisfied for the time being? You try being gay and not having the rights to marry or to adopt a child. Then you can tell yourself to just be 'satisfied for the time being.' Grow up.

Quoting Tsaord (Reply 12):
Homos are taking the babies away?

Watch it. Being called a 'homo' is offensive to some, myself included.

PLANAR

Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:45 pm

The bullying solely happens because the society as yet is not accepting of the fact that being gay is not something weird.

To use this flimsy excuse to deny parenthood to a gay couple is simply ridiculous.

Tell me, whats better? An abandoned/orphaned child growing up in a foster home or the child being raised by loving doting parents?

Somehow discrimination against gays somehow reek of the same flavour of arguments in blacks vs. whites.

It never was a tasty dish then, it still isn't today.

Maybe this is all insecurity on part of "straight" parents, because they know that gays are frequently much better parents than they are...
Flim-Flam Balderdash...

ZBBYLW

Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:14 pm

Quoting PanAm330 (Reply 13):

Because having to switch parents at age 12 wouldn't hurt them a little bit more than having two fathers or two mothers? What an asinine suggestion. As for your statement on the 'gay movement' being pushed too far, why the f*ck shouldn't gay people be able to have the SAME EXACT RIGHTS as every other person in existence? It will go too far when gays ask for rights beyond what everyone else has, and that will probably never happen because of close-minded people who won't even allow such basic rights as marriage and adoption.

I am not saying switching parents at age 12, but if someone who is 12 who now comes up for adoption, parents pass away etc... this would be an age where they are becoming old enough to be able to handle the situation a bit better and know begin to understand that the bullying the will receive is BS. I was brought up only by my mother, i was constantly nagged about it as being in an odd family not having a mother around, going through Grade 1, 2 and 3 etc it bothered me, and i was a very upset little child because of this and other stuff. Once i became older not only was i able to better fend of this, there were less kids now (because of the age) who bothered me about that and thirdly i was able to understand that it was ok to live in an "odd" family even though there are alot of families with only one parent. Everyone should have the exact same right as everyone else, unless it infringes on someone elses rights, as mentioned above i believe that this will give children a disservice but this is of course my own opinion.

Quoting PanAm330 (Reply 13):
First off, it's 'their.' Secondly, not in the United States they didn't- along with many other countries. Satisfied for the time being? You try being gay and not having the rights to marry or to adopt a child. Then you can tell yourself to just be 'satisfied for the time being.' Grow up

OK i come from Canada and we have allowed marriage between a gay couple. So i speak from a Canadian perspective on that. Being told that you can not adopt a child must be devastating for sure, however like i said above I believe it would not be in the best interest for the CHILD, and as such i am going to stick to my guns. On that.
Keep the shinny side up!

Mir

Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:30 pm

I fully think two gay parents could be great parents, however as good as parents can be, the kids are going to be bullied at school, at sport activities etc and etc. As kids are young they are very susceptible to this bulling and what not. Because of this i feel gay parents should not be allowed to bring up a young child.

Maybe you went to a utopian school or something, but in my experience, having straight parents does little, if anything, to stop bullying. All of the kids I know who got bullied have straight parents. Bullying is a fact of life, and it's going to happen.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

tsaord

Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:34 pm

Well what would you like? Homosexual? Im Homo. I don't like the word gay since it means something else in the dictionary lol.
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

ZBBYLW

Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:18 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 16):
Maybe you went to a utopian school or something, but in my experience, having straight parents does little, if anything, to stop bullying. All of the kids I know who got bullied have straight parents. Bullying is a fact of life, and it's going to happen.

I am not saying it is the only reason kids can be made fun of, many thing but it is just an extra factor that could be against them.
Keep the shinny side up!

PLANAR

Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:06 pm

Quoting ZBBYLW (Reply 18):
I am not saying it is the only reason kids can be made fun of, many thing but it is just an extra factor that could be against them.

So just to placate a possible extra factor, you make a draconian resolve that gays shouldn't be allowed to adopt?

Don't you think being the kind of parents they are matters most and probably is the only thing that should be considered?

Regards
PLA
Flim-Flam Balderdash...

Doona

Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:15 pm

Quoting Bofredrik (Reply 1):
I could not agree more.

The "gay movement"? Wow, Bo, wow. Yes, our agenda is a horrible thing, since we want the same rights as everybody else! What are we thinking. I'd expect more from a Swede... (you know, since we're supposed to be so modern and enlightened).

As for gay adoption, I don't believe the bullying thing. If a kid has really fat parents, the other kids make fun of him. No-one prohibits fat people from getting kids. Kids will always get bullied. One of the more important tests of parenting (IMO) is how they teach the kid to deal with being bullied, and what the parents do to get it to stop. And who better than gays to teach someone how to deal with bigotted idiots?

I don't believe that we have a need for a mother AND a father. My dad moved to the US when I was little, leaving me and my sister at home with our mother. I didn't had any real problems growing up, my teenage rebellion came in the form of stealing $20 from my mother's desk drawer. Sure, I turned out to be gay, but if someone would say that my single-parent upbringing is to blame (and thus saying my fabulousness is a negative thing), then I'd slap him silly.

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.