dragogoalie

IPod Help! Getting Songs From IPod Onto Computer

Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:52 am

More iPod trouble...  Silly

What I'm asking is: is this even possible? When I open the iPod folder, there're only 4 sub-folders: calendars, contacts, notes and photos. Nothing like the previous iPods, where you could go to the directory where the music was stored.

I'm asking this because I just got a new iPod, and as the computer where most of my music files were stored is dead, the only place I have these files would be on my older iPod  Sad

The files have got to be stored SOMEWHERE  grumpy 
Formerly known as Jap. Srsly. AUSTRALIA: 2 days!

TedTAce

RE: IPod Help! Getting Songs From IPod Onto Computer

Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:55 am

I keep MS Media Player open and it will ask you to sync once the ipod is connected, sync it, and your are done.
This space intentionally left blank

dragogoalie

RE: IPod Help! Getting Songs From IPod Onto Comput

Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:11 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 1):
I keep MS Media Player open and it will ask you to sync once the ipod is connected, sync it, and your are done.

It seems to work- somewhat. It only gets to 31 tracks before it says there's an error- either "the player is not compatible with the file type" or the "RTC-server is not available"  cry 

dragogoalie

RE: IPod Help! Getting Songs From IPod Onto Computer

Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:41 am

I figured it out  Smile

That was pretty darn complicated... I went into realplayer instead, and copied the music to another library, somehow (as it didn't snatch all the songs, I had to figure out another way)- and on top of that, it turned the volume of all the tracks ALL the way down, so I had to go crank up the volume in options on all 288 tracks...  Silly

But it's all done- thanks for the help, Ted  Smile