luisde8cd

Gracias / Thank You Mexico!

Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:19 pm

I would like to thank Mexico for its great hospitality after my family has decided to move here after being exiled from our beloved homeland of Venezuela.

Mexico is a great country to settle in, Mexican people are really nice and we feel like at home. My case might be very rare in a country where a big chunk of its poor people struggle to emigrate to the north, but we still believe we can have a bright future in Mexican lands.

Muchas gracias México lindo y querido Can't wait to get our Mexican citizenship.

Saludos desde Monterrey,
Luis

[Edited 2006-12-24 06:25:41]

andessmf

RE: Gracias / Thank You Mexico!

Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:45 pm

Sad to hear, actually, that things are so bad in Venezuela that you were forced to move. May the best of life happen to you in Mexico, remember that my wife is Mexican.

Hopefully soon, Chavez will be no more than a distant memory.

VonRichtofen

Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:25 pm

Quoting Luisde8cd (Thread starter):
I would like to thank Mexico for its great hospitality after my family has decided to move here after being exiled from our beloved homeland of Venezuela.

What happened that forced you to leave?

Kris

andessmf

Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:43 pm

Quoting VonRichtofen (Reply 2):

What happened that forced you to leave?

Chavez, you can see this in his signature thread.

rootsair

Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:07 pm

You Venezuelan flag reminded me of chavez's ridiculous decision to change the flag and coat of arms. Now it has an 8 th star 8in honour of Bolivar) and the horse looks straight ahead! That's where the government money goes !
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7b/Flag_of_Venezuela_%28state%29.svg/800px-Flag_of_Venezuela_%28state%29.svg.png
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

lamedianaranja

Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:02 pm

Good luck to you with a new start in life.

From experience I know that the first years in a new country are not the hardest, you'll be busy making new friends, in your career and generally making a new life. it's when you get older that you'll get sentimental, also because distance makes the heart grow fonder and you'll have forgotten a bit how bad life was actually.

To be sure, Mexico is a great country as we had the opportunity to visit last summer and we had a wonderful time.

Hopefully everything works out all right  Cool
I wish that all skies were orange and blue!!